September 16, 2014 | 2030 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by flipthecoin888

Not the best or the greatest, just decent. First off, i am not in love with the packaging. I end up with so much product stuck in the pump. As for the product itself, it went on rather sheer and didnt offer a lot of coverage, which may or may not work for you. I personally wanted just a *tad* more coverage. There is also a flowery, some say old lady fragrance. I might repurchase, it is decent after all. And it works if i want a very natural look. But this isnt HG for me because im looking for something that provides medium coverage while looking natural.

I also found that it personally works best when i just use my fingers to apply. I like it so much better that way than when i use my MAC 190 or MAC 180.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Raylovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll make this quick as I can

but i'm so happy I really believe I've found the ONE

I have normal skin , loved the dewy finish it gave me didn't find i looked oily after hours of wear . If you have oily skin , dont think this is for you.

Light coverage which I like and could be built to a light medium. Felt very moisturising.

Has SPF which I'm pleased about

Made my skin look like my skin but on VERY good day

I have very yellow toned skin so feel like the colour is working so well for me but it may not be great for those whom are very pale.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Never felt so conflicted on whether or not I almost love something or if it is more of trouble than it is worth.
Pros: extremely moisturizing, has some spf. Offers more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, sort of medium coverage which is what I wanted.
Cons: Color choice is poor. I am between 40 and 50. Purchased the lighter shade since it's closer but the generous SA gave me 4 test tubes of the darker shade to mix. And then I have a perfect color. Primer is a must. It will highlight everything you wish it would not if your skin is less than perfect.
The thing is this! My skin feels so absolutely creamy soft, and it looks almost flawless. It photographs so well, I am tempted to post pictures. I love it I hate it- know what I mean?
Edit 3/21/13 Sadly I had to quit using it - it actually managed to give me minor breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really liked this foundation. I read it was reformulated? recently so I may be reviewing the original formula, I'm not sure.
I got this foundation as a gift from a friend but unfortunately, the color was wayyyy too light (I'm a MAC NC 35/40 and I got the shade Limpide Nude .5) and so wanting to try this out anyway, I would either wear it alone with a darker powder/bronzer on top or mix with a foundation that was too dark for me. Both ways came out great which means this foundation formula plays well with others. Awesome!

I really like the heavy glass bottle with the hygienic pump. I loved applying it to my face, either with my fingers or a foundation brush. My skin was left dewy and natural. It didn't oxidize at all and smelled lovely. I'd say the coverage is light yet very buildable. Unfortunately for me, I have oily skin and my skin was *incredibly* shiny an hour later even with powder on top. I can't even get away with wearing this in the winter when my skin is more combination.

The range of shades is excellent and I want to try this out (actually, the Vitalumiere Aqua looks like it'd work for my skin) in a shade that matches. Oh well, up for swap it goes!
(oh and I've uploaded a swatch for reference as the shade Limpide Nude is hard to find I hear.)
If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by michkal

I purchased my first bottle of this foundation several years ago and didn't like it because it was too dewy. Hearing that this was reformulated, I decided to give it another try. This version is much better, and I really like it overall. I would describe it as medium coverage with a natural finish. I have combination skin, and this looks good over both dry and oily areas. It gets a bit oily in the t-zone (i don't use powder), but I'll take this trade off for the way it wears so well in the drier areas. It does not accentuate flakes and does not accumulate in lines. It is also pretty long wearing, lasting until I'm ready to take it off at the end of the day. I wear shade 20, which is a great match for nc20-25. I have tried applying it with a sponge, foundation brush, and stippling brush, and all work well. The cons are that it has a fragrance, the sunscreen is not broad spectrum, it is expensive, and comes in a glass bottle (some might like this).

On a side note, I have been trying several foundations over the past months. It seems like most newer foundations have a quality that I really don't like - the seem to make my skin look worse by accentuating uneven texture on my cheeks to where every little bump/pore shows. My skin does not have this appearance without these types of foundation. Examples are Benefit Hello Flawless, NARS sheer matte and sheer glow, Armani LSF, Bobbi Brown Skin, and MUFE HD liquid. These types of foundation also feel tacky to me. Whatever the ingredients are that make me hate these foundations, this Chanel foundation does not have. I am glad to have found a foundation that isn't like this! If you have the same problems with newer foundations, I suggest trying Vitalumiere.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by dunmorea

I bought this because I had been told by more than one makeup artist that this foundation is good for maturing skin. It's good if you have really dry non-sensitive skin. Within 15 minutes my skin was super oily and I was breaking out like I did when I was a teenager.Every pore on my face was magnified as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Soutty

I bought this foundation in summer and found it too greasy. However, now that winter is here it is absolutely perfect. My usual foundation sticks to my dry patches but this one makes me look radiant and dewy. Great for dehydrated winter skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by chantalryp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally found what I've been looking for for years! I dewy foundation that stays on my super dry skin. I am in love! If you have dry to very dry skin and are looking for a super moisturized, dewy, glowing look than this is worth every penny. If you have oily skin it might be too dewy for you, so try the Vitalumiere Aqua instead. But my dry skin glows in this foundation!! So dewy and moisturizing!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Marywanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation would make me very anxious before application. This finish on my skin would vary and change like night and day based on how the condition of my skin was on any given day. I found that if I was already having a glowy pretty skin day, then the foundation looked fab, but if i needed a perk up when my skin was looking rough, it looked awful. It could look very dry and cakey and oily all at once, but when it was good it was great. Dewey, and fresh, and youthful, all at once! Oh and It smells wonderful and is easy enough to apply, so I think that I would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Kismetkindle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first bought Vitalumiere in color #20 Clair. This seemed to be my color - it's a bit confusing because I have freckles and some color in my face and visible chest area. I was a bit disappointed because of lack of coverage and it seemed a bit yellow when I was first applying it (although I must admit, after blending onto face, the yellowness was not an issue). As for the very dewy finish, this was fine as I have quite dry skin.

I spoke to one of the assistants at the Chanel counter in David Jones about the color and she advised that #20 was too light for me.
I ordered #32 Epice. When I first received it, I was shocked on applying it to my hand - seemed way ORANGE almost!! But again, after blending, it seemed less shocking. In fact, when I applied it to my face it was wonderful. Blended nicely and covered freckles brilliantly! and was not too dark or weird at all. So I will have to wear it for a bit to decide whether this is The One (foundation love of my life), or if I need to keep looking... :) But I'm quite happy as I sit here and I think it will be good foundation for me going into summer.