January 27, 2015 | 987 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

It was such a hugh disappointment! I was looking for a winter foundation and I went straight to the Chanel counter at Selfridges as I had such a good experience with Perfection Lumiere. So I tried it on at the counter, fell in love with the foundation and bought it home. The next day when I apply it, I found out I completely hate this foundation! The consistency is really light and liquidly and it gives you a super dewy finish. I use 20 and it turns out to be very yellow on me! It is so yellow that I almost looked like I had fake tan on! Also, this foundation oxidises after only 2 hours of wearing, which I have never experienced with any other Chanel makeup before. When it oxidises it gives you a very strange greyish colour that would make you think whether you are poisoned. At the end, I used it twice and never touched it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ccbenefitxo

After trying to find a foundation that was moisturising, didn't cling to my dry patches and gave me a lovely healthy dewy glow, i found vitalumiere.
I went to selfridges and got a colour match (i was 20, clair) and the consultant gave me a sample. I was so excited to try this foundation and the first day i tried it, i absolutely loved it.. i felt it covered really well, i'd say its a medium coverage as it gave a nice even layer without looking caked in makeup.
Throughout the day i felt it was getting slightly more shiny than a dewy glow, however the next day i wore it i applied a primer that had dry silicone in it so my natural oils didn't come through as much and applied more mineral powder than i did the day before. After doing this it made the foundation so much better, still had a nice dewy glow but without looking greasy and lasted all day.
HOWEVER- this evening i've noticed i've come out in a few spots, i don't know whether this is because i'm trying different foundations and my skins not used to it or if it the foundation. I'm hoping its not as i have ordered it now. Does anyone know if it is non-comedogenic? Overall i love this foundation but seriously hoping it doesn't break me out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by pinkfairybun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Because I live in very very cold and dry weather, this foundation is absouletely perfect. My skin is naturally quite dry and having to battle against the cold windy weather isn't helpful either. The foundation is really nice for a glowy texture, adds a lot of radiance and smoothness to the skin. However sometimes when it gets hot indoors and I sweat a bit, it does look a bit on the oily side just around the nose area but then again I do not use powder over my face. Overall the product is quite nice, a stronger and smoother version of the vitalumiere aqua. Worth the investment

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Anyone breakout-prone please check and research the ingredients before you buy this (like I wish I did)! The second ingredient is Ethylhexyl Palmitate which is highly comedogenic. I used this on clear skin for 1 day (probably wore it for around 8 hours) and by the evening my skin was a congested mess, it almost looked grey it was so dull. I also noticed tons of clogged pores and blackheads. So this has extreme potential to cause cosmetic acne - I am sure it would have if I had continued using it. As for the staying power, one of the poorest I have experienced - it is also highly transferable. It is also overpoweringly scented, another hate of mine (and a possible irritant for sensitive skin). I would recommend this for those with dry, non-sensitive, non-breakout prone skin. As for me, I would never touch this stuff again and I expected much more from Chanel.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by eileen08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was in love with the Chanel Pro Lumiere that got discontinued so I tried the Vitalumiere one. First of all, I must say my skin is dry and Chanel foundation is perfect for this type of problem. This one has a medium coverage, it is very rich, not good at all for oily skin. I love the scent as well.
But, I am not sure what to say about this new formula... I mean, I was expecting something more out of Chanel and I have no idea why they ended Pro Lumiere one when it was perfect? Anyway, back to this one.
I am an NC25 usually, I have nr 30 for the summer, but it was a bad decision buying a darker colour for the hot days, I couldn't use it all, as it was sticky, runny because of all the heat. So use this one during the winter, is better.
I will not repurchase, I didn't even finished it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Having dry skin, I expected Vitalumiere to work great on me but the finish is too dewy for my taste. I purchased 30 Cendre and it was a good match for my medium, warm-toned NC30 skin. Vitalumiere provides light to medium coverage that looks very natural and never cakes because of the thin formula. It doesn't cling to my dry patches, but it does accentuate my pores and makes me look too shiny. I can tone down the dewiness with a matte powder, but the main reason I wear foundation is to minimize my pores so Vitalumiere didn't work for me. The staying power is also not that great--it only wore for about 4 hours while sandwiched between a foundation primer and a setting powder. I found that it applied best with fingers or a buffing brush. If you have very dry skin, love a super dewy finish, and don't need a foundation to last all day, you might have more luck with Vitalumiere.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by flipthecoin888

Not the best or the greatest, just decent. First off, i am not in love with the packaging. I end up with so much product stuck in the pump. As for the product itself, it went on rather sheer and didnt offer a lot of coverage, which may or may not work for you. I personally wanted just a *tad* more coverage. There is also a flowery, some say old lady fragrance. I might repurchase, it is decent after all. And it works if i want a very natural look. But this isnt HG for me because im looking for something that provides medium coverage while looking natural.

I also found that it personally works best when i just use my fingers to apply. I like it so much better that way than when i use my MAC 190 or MAC 180.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Raylovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll make this quick as I can

but i'm so happy I really believe I've found the ONE

I have normal skin , loved the dewy finish it gave me didn't find i looked oily after hours of wear . If you have oily skin , dont think this is for you.

Light coverage which I like and could be built to a light medium. Felt very moisturising.

Has SPF which I'm pleased about

Made my skin look like my skin but on VERY good day

I have very yellow toned skin so feel like the colour is working so well for me but it may not be great for those whom are very pale.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Never felt so conflicted on whether or not I almost love something or if it is more of trouble than it is worth.
Pros: extremely moisturizing, has some spf. Offers more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, sort of medium coverage which is what I wanted.
Cons: Color choice is poor. I am between 40 and 50. Purchased the lighter shade since it's closer but the generous SA gave me 4 test tubes of the darker shade to mix. And then I have a perfect color. Primer is a must. It will highlight everything you wish it would not if your skin is less than perfect.
The thing is this! My skin feels so absolutely creamy soft, and it looks almost flawless. It photographs so well, I am tempted to post pictures. I love it I hate it- know what I mean?
Edit 3/21/13 Sadly I had to quit using it - it actually managed to give me minor breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really liked this foundation. I read it was reformulated? recently so I may be reviewing the original formula, I'm not sure.
I got this foundation as a gift from a friend but unfortunately, the color was wayyyy too light (I'm a MAC NC 35/40 and I got the shade Limpide Nude .5) and so wanting to try this out anyway, I would either wear it alone with a darker powder/bronzer on top or mix with a foundation that was too dark for me. Both ways came out great which means this foundation formula plays well with others. Awesome!

I really like the heavy glass bottle with the hygienic pump. I loved applying it to my face, either with my fingers or a foundation brush. My skin was left dewy and natural. It didn't oxidize at all and smelled lovely. I'd say the coverage is light yet very buildable. Unfortunately for me, I have oily skin and my skin was *incredibly* shiny an hour later even with powder on top. I can't even get away with wearing this in the winter when my skin is more combination.

The range of shades is excellent and I want to try this out (actually, the Vitalumiere Aqua looks like it'd work for my skin) in a shade that matches. Oh well, up for swap it goes!
(oh and I've uploaded a swatch for reference as the shade Limpide Nude is hard to find I hear.)
If my review helped you, click yes below!