Garnier Dark Spot Treatment

3.2

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Ascorbic Acid (Pure Vitamin C), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclohexasiloxane, Potassium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Sodium Styrene/MA Copolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Alcohol, Benzylsalicylate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Carbomer, Citral, Retinol, Citrus Medica Limonum Extract/Lemon Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Gentiana Lutea Extract/Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Geraniol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Arbutin, Limonene, Linalool, Nylon-12, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic Acid, Sodium, Anisate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

When I first bought it, it had just come out and was a little expensive (18.99) but I immediately saw results for my acne spots after 2 weeks of using it. Continued using it but nothing seemed to change after that. My spots had become less prominent but it seems to stop working after about 2 weeks, like it can only fade it so far. Now I use it in hopes that it might be continuing to fade my dark spots, but I mostly use it as a moisturizer after washing my face.

I got a second one as a gift when they finally put it on sale for 13.99...so now I apply it more liberally because I know I have a second one. If you pile it on too thick, it makes your face feel a little greasy after an hour or two (not the bad kind of greasy...you still feel clean it's just weird)

If anything else, it can make your spots less prominent (of course it can't get rid of them completely). More natural remedies like lemon/exfoliation/green tea or drinking more water will give you better results.

on 12/7/2012 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

After using this every night and day for 6 months, my acne scarring lightened slightly, but probably not much more than if I had used nothing. I did end up stopping this at night because the orange stained my pillows.

I still have a lot left in the tube and won't use it.

In the past I have had better luck and faster results using a combo of philosophy's microdermabrasion treatment and Mario badescu's healing cream along with their whitening mask a couple times a week.

on 11/16/2012 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this bc I have very fair skin and am very prone to hyperpigmentation. I have oily skin and it did make me shiny, which I could live with bc practically everything does. however, this broke me out in big under the skin pimples. and it was def from this. im pretty sensitive to silicones and im sure that's why. if silicones aren't an issue for you, you could give it a try.. otherwise don't bother!

on 11/11/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I'm pretty ambivalent to this product. I don't hate it, but I don't looooove it either. I use it once a day/AM as a serum after I wash my face, before putting on my moisturizer and it provides a nice moisturized feeling to my skin. I don't have super dark spots or uneven skin tone, but I have noticed that my skin looks brighter and it hasn't broken me out. My only gripe is that the metal tube sometimes can get little dents that causes product to escape (and the cream to oxidize to turn a brownish color). For the price, I have repurchased this at least twice but am keeping my options open.

on 11/5/2012 1:31:00 AM

After using this product after two weeks I decided it was not suitable for my skin as it made me break out around my mouth,cheeks and forehead,I guess it's not for people with sensitive skin.It did however start to lighten one or two dark hormonal spots I have and my skin felt so soft and silky,just a shame I had a bad reaction to it otherwise it would of been a winner!

on 10/21/2012 10:34:00 PM

I have a few dark spots from acne that I have here and there, nothing crazy. I decided to try this product because there was big rave about it and also because I had a $10 discount coupon. Any way, I've been using this product for over a month and has done absolutely nothing to my face. I feel like I'm putting it on just cause I need to finish it. But once I'm done I won't buy it again.

on 10/11/2012 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Having never used garnier products before, I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I'm so glad that I decided to give this a try. I've been using it for a month now (only at night) it fades newer scars quickly, has cleared up the redness on my cheeks & old acne scarring is significantly lighter! And not to mention it gives my skin the most wonderful healthy looking glow. Very happy :D

After the first application - LOVE.

Seeming it is nearly summer, I don't want to gain any more freckles! I purchased this, and after the first application... I was amazed.
My skin was vibrant, with no redness and it was silky smooth. My freckles had faded quite a bit, and so I was so happy!

I put it on day and night, and nothing else makes my skin feel fresh, awake, smooth, clean and energised!

It has helped my sun damage (hyperpigmentation) fade and my skin, it's just so clean looking! And feeling!

I have gone a week with no makeup having to hide anything thanks to it. It must be the Vitamin C in it that has helped my skin.

I will definantly be re purchasing again and again!

on 9/27/2012 6:34:00 AM

I've only been using it for two days so not so much of a comment about its effectiveness (or lack thereof) just yet - but I've spent all day sniffing at my hands / hair wondering what the weird odor I could smell was (I blamed it on a coconut oil mask that I put in my hair overnight) and it's totally this stuff! For some reason it starts to really reek on my skin after about 10 minutes.. Hoping I'll get used to it or it will fade with use - it's not offensive, just a weird, sorta grassy smell?

Review will change after I've been using it for longer :))

on 9/20/2012 8:20:00 AM

I've been using this for a few weeks, in the morning under a SPF30 moisturizer. It does seem to be fading dark spots slowly; it works faster on the old zit marks on my chin. Not hugely moisturizing, but that's ideal for me and the way I use it. I particularly like the slightly citrus-y smell, the light texture, and the metal tube packaging, which has a thin nozzle which sucks the product back into it after you've squeezed some out, so no mess or oxidation. Will re-purchase.

Popular Treatments (Face)