August 21, 2014 | 1850 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Dark Spot Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by janesp34

I have a few dark spots from acne that I have here and there, nothing crazy. I decided to try this product because there was big rave about it and also because I had a $10 discount coupon. Any way, I've been using this product for over a month and has done absolutely nothing to my face. I feel like I'm putting it on just cause I need to finish it. But once I'm done I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by atiiyah

Having never used garnier products before, I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I'm so glad that I decided to give this a try. I've been using it for a month now (only at night) it fades newer scars quickly, has cleared up the redness on my cheeks & old acne scarring is significantly lighter! And not to mention it gives my skin the most wonderful healthy looking glow. Very happy :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by LittleRedDoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

After the first application - LOVE.

Seeming it is nearly summer, I don't want to gain any more freckles! I purchased this, and after the first application... I was amazed.
My skin was vibrant, with no redness and it was silky smooth. My freckles had faded quite a bit, and so I was so happy!

I put it on day and night, and nothing else makes my skin feel fresh, awake, smooth, clean and energised!

It has helped my sun damage (hyperpigmentation) fade and my skin, it's just so clean looking! And feeling!

I have gone a week with no makeup having to hide anything thanks to it. It must be the Vitamin C in it that has helped my skin.

I will definantly be re purchasing again and again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by noodledoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only been using it for two days so not so much of a comment about its effectiveness (or lack thereof) just yet - but I've spent all day sniffing at my hands / hair wondering what the weird odor I could smell was (I blamed it on a coconut oil mask that I put in my hair overnight) and it's totally this stuff! For some reason it starts to really reek on my skin after about 10 minutes.. Hoping I'll get used to it or it will fade with use - it's not offensive, just a weird, sorta grassy smell?

Review will change after I've been using it for longer :))

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by lkjhg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few weeks, in the morning under a SPF30 moisturizer. It does seem to be fading dark spots slowly; it works faster on the old zit marks on my chin. Not hugely moisturizing, but that's ideal for me and the way I use it. I particularly like the slightly citrus-y smell, the light texture, and the metal tube packaging, which has a thin nozzle which sucks the product back into it after you've squeezed some out, so no mess or oxidation. Will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by juni1114

This one is a winner! I've always been skeptical about Garnier products but at 5% concentration of vitamin C, this product truly does wonders! Everyone should know the benefits of vitamin C on overall skin complexion, it's just that most products with concentrations high enough comes with a hefty price tag. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the highest concentrated vitamin C product available at drug store price range? (under 15 dollars) Vitamin C makes my skin glow with a healthy complexion and this product does exactly that without the costly price tag of cellex-c. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by iamserpentine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for the last week or two. I have sensitive skin prone to really bad redness and I have lots of hyperpigmentation from acne. I think this product has started working in lightening my marks, and I would keep using it except the fact that it's starting to break me out. I can see how it would work for others though, so I'd encourage people to try it out..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by the 'meh' rating on this product. I'll admit -- I've never used a Garnier product before. Mostly because something about the green packaging turns me off. BUT I was on the hunt for a moisturizer with vitamin C in it, and after some strenuous research I decided to take the plunge and get this. Well, after one months use, I can say that I really do like it! I was so paranoid that this would clog my pores but lo and behold - it hasn't. It HAS in fact lightened my dark marks and overall skintone has been looking ah-mah-zing. No, it's not a miracle worker. I can still clearly see my acne marks BUT they seriously have lightened and blended more with my skin. I only use this at night, using the equivalent of about the size of a penny, or when I'm just at home because this stuff turns your face reaalllly oily after a few hours! I adore the packaging and the price, albeit high for a drugstore brand, is on point with the results I've noticed.
I've got to hand it to Garnier. With this being my first product with the brand, I'm very impressed.
Honestly, if you're just looking for a lightweight moisturizer, try this out. If you're in search of a moisturizer with added benefits, try this out. If it doesn't work for you, I've found that it's also a fabulous neck/decolletage and hand cream.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by nicizzy

I've been using this product for about two months. I don't generally have dark spots on my face, but I did want to try the brightening effect of vitamin C all over my face. I have had a sebaceious hyperplasia on my upper cheek for several years now that refused to go away. I've had all sorts of prescription creams for this and nothing would shrink it or make it go away. I'm SO happy to report that after two months of the Dark Spot cream, this thing is nearly GONE. It has completely flattened out, the pore is about 90 percent smaller, and I expect with another month or two of use, there will be no trace of it at all.

Very happy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I believe that Garnier may brought up a new and improved version of this.
My review is for the original Clinical Dark Spot Corrector.
I gave it a 5 in package quality because it is well packaged - metal squeeze tube, pointy applicator.
That's where it stops.
it did not work for any spot on the face. So I started it to use it on my hads for age spots-nothing
So then I used it on the decotellage; the oxidation transferred to an ugly yellow unto my bra. I will be washing this weekend-let's see. I'm going to try ammonia first.
It stinks. The vitamin C that was used smells ok on the package, it stinks when you rub it on.
I thought it was expensive relative to the effectiveness, the reason for the "4"
So I will keep using on my hands till gone (about a 1/4 tube). I will not repurchase it or any other replacement by Garnier