July 29, 2014 | 1220 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Dark Spot Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by LittleRedDoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

After the first application - LOVE.

Seeming it is nearly summer, I don't want to gain any more freckles! I purchased this, and after the first application... I was amazed.
My skin was vibrant, with no redness and it was silky smooth. My freckles had faded quite a bit, and so I was so happy!

I put it on day and night, and nothing else makes my skin feel fresh, awake, smooth, clean and energised!

It has helped my sun damage (hyperpigmentation) fade and my skin, it's just so clean looking! And feeling!

I have gone a week with no makeup having to hide anything thanks to it. It must be the Vitamin C in it that has helped my skin.

I will definantly be re purchasing again and again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by noodledoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only been using it for two days so not so much of a comment about its effectiveness (or lack thereof) just yet - but I've spent all day sniffing at my hands / hair wondering what the weird odor I could smell was (I blamed it on a coconut oil mask that I put in my hair overnight) and it's totally this stuff! For some reason it starts to really reek on my skin after about 10 minutes.. Hoping I'll get used to it or it will fade with use - it's not offensive, just a weird, sorta grassy smell?

Review will change after I've been using it for longer :))

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by lkjhg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few weeks, in the morning under a SPF30 moisturizer. It does seem to be fading dark spots slowly; it works faster on the old zit marks on my chin. Not hugely moisturizing, but that's ideal for me and the way I use it. I particularly like the slightly citrus-y smell, the light texture, and the metal tube packaging, which has a thin nozzle which sucks the product back into it after you've squeezed some out, so no mess or oxidation. Will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by juni1114

This one is a winner! I've always been skeptical about Garnier products but at 5% concentration of vitamin C, this product truly does wonders! Everyone should know the benefits of vitamin C on overall skin complexion, it's just that most products with concentrations high enough comes with a hefty price tag. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the highest concentrated vitamin C product available at drug store price range? (under 15 dollars) Vitamin C makes my skin glow with a healthy complexion and this product does exactly that without the costly price tag of cellex-c. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by iamserpentine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for the last week or two. I have sensitive skin prone to really bad redness and I have lots of hyperpigmentation from acne. I think this product has started working in lightening my marks, and I would keep using it except the fact that it's starting to break me out. I can see how it would work for others though, so I'd encourage people to try it out..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by the 'meh' rating on this product. I'll admit -- I've never used a Garnier product before. Mostly because something about the green packaging turns me off. BUT I was on the hunt for a moisturizer with vitamin C in it, and after some strenuous research I decided to take the plunge and get this. Well, after one months use, I can say that I really do like it! I was so paranoid that this would clog my pores but lo and behold - it hasn't. It HAS in fact lightened my dark marks and overall skintone has been looking ah-mah-zing. No, it's not a miracle worker. I can still clearly see my acne marks BUT they seriously have lightened and blended more with my skin. I only use this at night, using the equivalent of about the size of a penny, or when I'm just at home because this stuff turns your face reaalllly oily after a few hours! I adore the packaging and the price, albeit high for a drugstore brand, is on point with the results I've noticed.
I've got to hand it to Garnier. With this being my first product with the brand, I'm very impressed.
Honestly, if you're just looking for a lightweight moisturizer, try this out. If you're in search of a moisturizer with added benefits, try this out. If it doesn't work for you, I've found that it's also a fabulous neck/decolletage and hand cream.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by nicizzy

I've been using this product for about two months. I don't generally have dark spots on my face, but I did want to try the brightening effect of vitamin C all over my face. I have had a sebaceious hyperplasia on my upper cheek for several years now that refused to go away. I've had all sorts of prescription creams for this and nothing would shrink it or make it go away. I'm SO happy to report that after two months of the Dark Spot cream, this thing is nearly GONE. It has completely flattened out, the pore is about 90 percent smaller, and I expect with another month or two of use, there will be no trace of it at all.

Very happy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I believe that Garnier may brought up a new and improved version of this.
My review is for the original Clinical Dark Spot Corrector.
I gave it a 5 in package quality because it is well packaged - metal squeeze tube, pointy applicator.
That's where it stops.
it did not work for any spot on the face. So I started it to use it on my hads for age spots-nothing
So then I used it on the decotellage; the oxidation transferred to an ugly yellow unto my bra. I will be washing this weekend-let's see. I'm going to try ammonia first.
It stinks. The vitamin C that was used smells ok on the package, it stinks when you rub it on.
I thought it was expensive relative to the effectiveness, the reason for the "4"
So I will keep using on my hands till gone (about a 1/4 tube). I will not repurchase it or any other replacement by Garnier

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Boy, did this product REALLY mess my skin up. The first time I applied this was last week. I woke up the next morning, and my skin felt fine, and I had noticed that a few acne spots near my chin and cheek area had faded a bit. However, later that day, I got home, and noticed 3 or 4 cystic pimples had developed on my cheek area (the same area I applied this 'treatment'). They hurt too. I was thinking the breakout might be from this, but wasn't too sure, so I used it once more, and broke out like crazy on my lower chin. Also, the skin closest to my nose developed this dry chapped 'rash-like' texture from using this product on my cheek. The last time I used this product was three days ago, and the rash still isn't gone, and minor cystic acne is still popping up in random spots. All in all, I think this stuff does more harm than good. I have combo skin that leads more on the dry side, and I rarely break out from products. But I recommend those of you with sensitive skin to stay far, far away from this product. This product isn't that cheap, either (like $17, I got mine for $15 at my local Fred Meyer). I was putting off purchasing this for a long time, now I wish I hadn't made the dive. And since I accidentally threw the receipt away, well, I can't give it to anyone, because I wouldn't give this product to my worst enemy, so now I guess I have to throw $15 down the drain. However, I've learned my lesson. No more Garnier skincare for me. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by PhoForever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

=PROS=
-smells great, like summer time
-product is light and silky
-it is more of a serum, not a moisturizer, therefore does not have spf.
-easy to spread
-non greasy
-instant brightener

=CONS=
-really poor package, when trying to squeeze the product out: it gives you more than wanted, or it "leaks" and continue to give product.
-not cheap, $16-$22 for 1.7 oz
-broke me out a little in the beginning because my skin needs to adjust to a new product, but I always give a product 3 months for results until I throw it out.

=PRODUCT CLAIMS=
-discoloration and spots fade in 4 weeks
-size and intensity of spots are diminished in 8 weeks
-5% Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
-contains salicylic acid to prevent more breakouts

=MY STORY=
My ethnicity is Asian, so I scar VERY easily from acne, regardless if I picked at my pimple or not. For two years, I suffered horrible acne, from tiny whiteheads to pea-size cystic, which isn't the prettiest feeling in the world to have. My acne finally went down after I changed a few things in my life, like not drinking a lot of dairy, exercise, reducing stress, etc. (I do still break out a little, like 4-5 pimples, due to hormones or stress) In the end, I was left with acne scars are all over my cheeks, jawline, and few on my forehead, so it makes it look like a lot from far. I have to use heavy coverage makeup (concealer and foundation) just to look decent, but you can still see some of the scarring, that's how bad it was. I seriously tried everything for my scars and my family tried to help me out too.

I was looking online for a Vitamin C product for my skincare. I have done my research, and the combination of Vitamin A, C, and E works wonders for my skin.
-Vitamin A: "helps with exfoliation as well as stimulate collagen, helps acne by knocking out bacteria and decreasing the thickness of the dead layer of skin and oils that plug pores - and this decreases visible pore size. It increases stretchy elastin fibers, hearty structural collagen, and the natural moisturizer hyaluronic acid"
-Vitamin C: "protects against sunburn and sun-induced wrinkling. It also helps with brown age spots. Use it along with vitamin A to get a better effect"
-Vitamin E: "blocks the UV light, stops the immune system from getting blitzed, and slows wrinkle production"

I use about a pea (morning) to a pearl (night) size amount after cleansing my face and using my toner, witch hazel. I start with the lightest serum first, which is this one, then my other products. I always wait a minute in between products to let it sink in and massage my face. I also use a retinol morning serum and a retinol night moisturizer with this product, to reduced the amount of breakouts I get. I been using this for the 4 weeks since 07/12/12, and my scars went from a dark brown to a medium-light brown. It really does help with the other products I use. I can't officially say this product is a life-saver yet because I'm not sure if it was the Vitamin C or the Whitening mask I have been using, but it helped a lot.

=UPDATE=
I been using this product for 2 months now, and there has been a difference. I have more lighter-tone scars than I do with medium-toned scars, which is a plus. I am patient with my skin because it does take a while for my improvements to show. I'm still self-conscious of my scarring, but not as much anymore because I can see an improvement. Since my scarring is deep/ severe, I have decided to continue using this product for another two months or so.

=UPDATE 2=
Well it's been 3 months and it's hard to do an update because I just got my T.O.M., so I got new 7 pimples. Aside from that, the product is slowly but surely lightening my scar. I focused on massaging the product into the scarred area, then work my way to the whole face. I wished it did go faster but it has been a part of my regimen because I wanted a Vit.C in my skincare so I have no complaints except the packaging. I do realize that my more-recent scars light faster than my old one. When my face is relaxed (meaning not after I washed it with cleanser or scrubs), the scars are less noticeable: a light-brown color and the size of a dot to less than a pea. I guess I still have long way to go.

=UPDATE 3=
Month 4- yet another bad time to review because of my T.O.M. and stress from school which resulted in a bad week of breakouts. But for my acne scars, they are improving. I do use a Mario Badescu Whitening Mask about 2-3 times a week to help my skin along with the process. I would say 40% of my scars are blended into my skin tone, finally! It is about the same size and color, but I know it's improving. Since my skin is slow to show results, and have a lot of deep scars, I would say this product is working well for me.

=UPDATE 4=
It has officially been 5 months, and I don't even know if this product is working anymore. My scars are virtually the size of a dot or a pea, but I cannot say it was this product. I figured it was the whitening mask or my Genes Vitamin E moisturizer, which gave me results in a month. I'll give this product one more month, or finish up the tube. Other than that, I don't think this product is all that special. It works for some people while others it does not.

I will update for the 24 weeks for the last full review. Hope this review was informative enough, good luck.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No