April 17, 2014 | 1001 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Lovetoken

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When it comes to my makeup, espically my mascaras I really like to try out different products. I went to Target to pick up a new mascara since both the ones I had been using recently had run out, the falsies, also by Maybelline and Covergirl lashexact. Though I really liked the both of them, I opted to try a new mascara. Thinking, since I liked the falsies one so much, a maybelline mascara again would be a good choice. Bad decision. I'll admit, it was the packaging, and name that lured me into buying this mascara. I loved the little animal print and the idea of cat eyes. Sadly, that's all it was. An idea.
Cat eyes honestly doesn't do a single attractive thing for my eyelashes. Every time I use it, I end up wishing I had gone with another mascara that day. And I try, I really do try to make it work for me, but it just doesn't. The only time I wear it, is when I know I don't have anything I want to look my best for going on. It somehow manages to make my eyelashes look sparse, and compared to when I'm not wearing any mascara, I would actually rather go without. As far as the 'cat eye' look is concerned, not even close. I definitely reach for a different mascara when I'm going for that look.
On the plus side, it doesn't flake on me, the brush itself is nice, and has a pleasant honey smell, but that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by racheljeffrey

This is definitely one of my favourite mascaras of all time! It has a brilliant curved wand, perfect for top and bottom lashes. It gives my eyes such length and I love it! I do tend to use another one or two mascaras to give more volume but if you are just looking for a good, lengthening mascara for a very reasonable price, this is perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by ashleighannei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Merely fans and separates my lashes, no colour intensity and the curved brush is absolutely pointless. Will not create a 'cat eye' effect as advertised. Cheap enough, no fallout or flakiness, but really adds nothing if you are looking for volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by makeupwhore18

Makes my lashes stiff and irritates my eyes , and I don't have sensitive eyes either. I purchased it twice just in case I had gotten a bad batch the first time but nope it just sucks. Don't waste your money

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Catsmeow2324

This is my new favorite mascara. I have no idea why it has less than 5 stars. I've had this in my makeup for a while and just recently started using it. This separates my lashes and really gives them a "cat eye" look. Even though this mascara is geared towards giving volume, It makes my lashes look fake. I would defiantly repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by katiemac0324

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

out of the falsies, one by one, mega plush, and l'oreal million lashes this one is my favorite. It gives a nice amount of volume, does NOT clump at all, separates my lashes really well and you can layer it. I think it's a good cost. I think it was about $8 here in Canada. I would recommend this product for someone who wants longer fuller lashes because it really makes your eyes pop!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

I am a bit of a nut about mascara and I use 3 different types and brands to achieve the look I want and make my mascara stay throughout long sweaty bouts of exercise. It sounds nutty but it works !
I am really into the cat's eye thing going on at the moment and so I bought this plus it was cheaper than Dior etc.
1.The wand - curved to fit your eye and lashes - it works and is an effective wand for applying the product.

2.The product- it's a little on the dry ,brittle side and you do need to build with several coats to get a good solid lash look .

3.The smell - it smells like honey ! The smell is quite strong and if i use this mascara alone - I can sometimes even smell my lashes. Weird but not unpleasant !

4. This mascara stays on very well throughout exercise and sweatiness but I do prefer to use it as a base coat and layer it with L'oreal and then followed Diorshow ! This way my mascara stays put till I remove it with make up remover for waterproof makeup and I get the solidly great long black eyelashes I want.

5.It comes off fairly easily with an oil based makeup remover.

It's a good drug store product but the L'Oreal mascaras are better and top of the range is definitely Diorshow.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by guliety

I'm reviewing the 'glam black' colour, waterproof version. I'm asian, with straight lashes, and I posted a picture of the before and after above!

I like this mascara a lot. Rarely gives raccoon eyes unless its a super hot day or i forgot to set my undereye area with powder.

Most importantly, holds a curl VERY well! Not clumpy.

Gives more volume than length, which I prefer.

Is quite 'crunchy' and hard, but I guess thats just personal preference.

I have used the original colossal as well and I like them both the same. I think it depends on which brush you want to try, this one may be easier to reach the smaller lashes in the corners.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Naina27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like this mascara at all! It did not accentuate my lashes and like others have said, it left me with clumps and a wet mess! Its been 5 hours since I've had it on and my eyes look like i have no mascara on :(, even though I put 3 coats of this stuff. My lashes arent the longest and it really doesnt make them longer, they are all sticking together. I am def. going out to get another tube of mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Laughingles

It's an OK mascara. I have short thin lashes. I curl my lashes before using this and it makes the curl drop. It's a heavy mascara even if I don't use a lot. It didn't seem to work but it wasn't the worst mascara ever but I will defiantly not be re-purchasing especially since I bought it for $10 (the price has dropped to $6.00)