Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Strawberry Shortcake 080

3.7

on 10/3/2012 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know what it is about this color but it just does not work on me. I thought it would be a soft, natural, medium pink but it ends up looking bubblegum pinkish on my lips which is not flattering. Very unnatural almost Barbie color. It also accentuates the lines in my lips and feels thick on for some reason unlike some of the other butters. I don't see even a hint of the purple others were talking about but it just does not work on my lips. It does seem to be much cooler when actually applied to lips than it looks like in the tube. Going to reserve this one for mixing in the hopes that I can make a wearable color using it.

on 9/7/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked this up in Walmart last week due to its high popularity. I went with this shade cause it looked like a everyday pink color, but I was wrong.definitely won't buy products with no testers again. The color leans too childish, looks like a bubblegum pink,slightly neonish. And the texture is so soft that I can't use it directly on my lips, that would cause the lipstick to melt and break into pieces. And it's not even that" buttery", it drys me out in 90 minutes.
Gotta be careful with drugstore products now.

on 9/7/2012 11:04:00 AM

I bought this product as an easy wear colour, thinking the moisturising qualities would make this perfect for all day work wear. Although I absolutely love the colour and it is hydrating when its first applied, when topping up it tends to dry out on my lips too quickly. I found I could only really wear it for a long time if I applied lip balm first which really defeats the point of a lip butter. I have continued to wear it for shorter periods of time for which it stays well. I have heard great things about this range though so I will try different shades and would probably re-purchase this when its finished as the colour easily matches my wardrobe.

on 8/29/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Nice colour, not amazing pay-off but still decent-ish. You need to have very moisturised lips. Not crazily flattering to my skin tone, personally speaking (NW20), but I like the formula and look forward to trying some other shades.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm that kind of person that LOVES wearing bright colours on my lips. And this is the first lip butter I have ever bought. It's really great for my lips, beacuse it hydrates, and it has great colour payoff! One thing I really didn't like about it was that it had little product. But I really love that it has a clear top on the lid, so you can actually see what it looks like in the tube. This came out on my lips as a pale blue based Barbie pink colour, which a lot of people complimented me for. This colour looks absolutely gorgeous on people with paler skin tones, because my friend also wears this, and it's so pretty on her.

on 8/27/2012 7:56:00 PM

So I've read the reviews, and thought i'd throw my two cents in to help someone else out. Ive seen this called a barbie pink, its most def not barbie pink...unless I was playing with the wrong barbies. Id describe this more like a creamy medium cool toned light pink if that makes any sense? There are 2 flaws I find in this product 1. the base of the lip butter should be longer so that its easier to open. 2. The lasting power isn't there. After 2-3 hours of wear its gone...even without eating or drinking. Honestly even that long is kind of stretching it. When I wear this I'm usually reapplying every 45min. With that being said the feel and the look of this lipstick is amazing. I am a very warm toned girl and when I wear makeup...I don't want to look natural, I want MAKEUP. So typically a cool and warm tone clash but on the face it just emphasizes that feature and this does so in subtle way. Gives a polished look with a little bit of a twist on a warm girl.

on 8/26/2012 12:16:00 PM

Strawberry Shortcake is a light pink color. It is very moisturizing. The staying power is about 1-2 hours. This color did not look the best on me because my natural lip color is very dark. This color would be perfect for someone with naturally lighter lips. I like the product, but not the color.

on 8/22/2012 5:42:00 PM

This was not the color for me! T.T It makes my lips look PURPLE!! I was hoping this to be a happy light pink not dying purple. . :\ Also its so pricey.. $10 just for one at Walmart. . The ONLY two good thing about this one is that it moisturises decently and it comes in a form in a lipstick instead of a pot. But otherwise eww purple lips! :(

Pros:
-Moistuises
-Packaging
Cons:
-!!DISGUSTING COLOR!!
-Little product
-Expensive

on 8/12/2012 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I already fell in love with Relvon's Lip Butters before but in Tutti fruiti and Creamsicle. But I wanted to look for a pinky pink.

I was really excited by the shade I saw inside the tube but when I put it on, it was really sheer not as bright as the colour I see. Perhaps they wanted to make it sheerer because it's such a bold colour? I was disappointed, it was light and almost nude?! Strange. I really love the tutti fruity it's very pigmented, perhaps I will try candy apple next :D

on 8/12/2012 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I find this shade very hard to work on my skin tone because I have yellow undertones and I have to dab it on a teeny weeny bit so that it looks okay on me.

I'll repurchase this product, but another shade perhaps

Popular Lipsticks