April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Strawberry Shortcake 080

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by happy011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this shade very hard to work on my skin tone because I have yellow undertones and I have to dab it on a teeny weeny bit so that it looks okay on me.

I'll repurchase this product, but another shade perhaps

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by ayyberena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

A very pretty pink. As expected this lip butter is moisturizing and sheer when applied with a light hand, it appeared slightly frosty on me. Staying power is decent. I found the packaging slightly challenging for me. Sometimes I struggle trying to take off the cap (my hands can get clammy hahahahha). Will re purchase, it's a good everyday shade for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this at first but now I realise that light cool-toned pinks don't suit me and that I don't like the slippery texture of this. It is a bit too creamy for my liking and with that it has no lasting power. It provided moisture to my lips and a wash of colour, and a bonus I noticed is that after a couple times of reapplying, it leaves a stain on my lips.

I personally don't care for the shade any more and I think the formula of lip butters just aren't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by jaymemarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am absolutely in love with this lip butter! It looks so femine and cute on my lips and it goes with many of my makeup looks! I do think that the color would cause problems for some skin tones. I have NC20 skin with pale blue eyes and naturally rosy lips and cheeks. I was afraid the cool tones in this lip stick would clash with me but it looks great!

This is a cool-toned medium pink lip butter. I wouldn't describe it as a bubblegum pink, but it is somewhere along the lines of a strawberry milkshake. The formula is very creamy and opaque with one coat and it lasts on my lips for a good 2-3 hours.

I own 4 of the lip butters and I love all of them but Strawberry Shortcake gets the most use out of me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a PPP and my signature colour is light pink. Strawberry Shortcake is my favourite go-to lipstick right now. I rarely buy multiples of the same product at the same time but after I bought and tried this one, I was hooked. This is what replaced my much loved Rimmel now discontinued Pink Star lippie, which replaced MAC's 2009 limited summer edition lipstick Colour Crafted. They are all in the same colour category, a mid light warm toned pink. Love the sheen of the Revlon though and bought two others in Strawberry Shortcake, now have 3 of them in that colour :). Also bought three other shades, Cotton Candy, (lighter more neutral pale pink), Creamsicle (pale pinky peach) and Candy Apple, (neutral warmish red). All of them are great additions to my mostly pink collection and very reasonably priced. If only they lasted longer, while still maintaining that great shine! But I still give them a five rating.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After I purchased Strawberry Shortcake, I went home and tried to open it, but I couldn't. The base--black part on the bottom--is simply way way way too small to get a grip on. There's no indent or no grip. I spent 3 whole minutes trying to open it, but I managed to open it eventually. I don't have this problem with my other Lip Butters.
The color was another big disappointment. I expected a sheer warm pink suitable to my NC35 skin tone (like tinted lip balms). But it turned out to be a very pigmented cool Barbie pink--similar to MAC Saint Germain, Pink Friday, and Viva Glam Gaga, all of which look terrible on me, Strawberry Shortcake included. It's ever-so-slightly better warmer than the MAC lippies I listed, but nonethless still very bright.
The texture was very smooth and creamy, but also very thick and heavy. It's much thicker than the other Lip Butters I own. It's not drying like other are saying, but it's not hydrating either. I do recommend you exfoliate and moisturize your lips pre-application.
Great price at $7.
Overall, if you can pull off this type of shade and don't mind thick formulas, then get this.
Would I repurchase? Not this particular shade, no.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the color in the tube, however it reads very cool toned on my lips. It has a very strong purplish tint to it. Everything else about it I love but the color just isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by aznmonkey6

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!! I was hesitant to buy this because the two other lip butters that I have are not that great. I have sugar frosting as well as peach parfait. Strawberry short cake looks bright in the tube, but it comes out as a light pink on my lips. My lips are SUPER pigmented, so I am always looking for a product that will tone it down. THIS PRODUCT DOES THAT FOR ME. I finally found a product that makes my lips a nice light/natural pink, with just using ONE product. Definitely an HG product for me for now! However, I would make sure you're lips are not chapped or flaky because it will cake up and get stuck on those flaky parts. SO far the best lip butter i have tried. Peach parfait has too many sparkles and sugar frosting can be too purply and light at times.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie829

I love the Revlon Lip Butters! This one is my favorite one. They are so smooth and creamy, they just glide right on my lips! And the color payoff is great. I would definitely recommend these and I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love, Love, Love this color! I'm very fair and have a lot of trouble finding a pink shade that doesn't make me look like a clown. This gave me a very "innocent" look to my makeup today. I paired it with a bright pink blush, neutral eyes and it looked smashing! Very please with this color and will be repurchasing!