Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 11/1/2014 5:13:00 AM

I must say, I am impressed with this product. Having relatively good skin I don't usually wear BB cream or foundation in general; usually just concealer or powder. I had to attend an event and needed to dress formally, so I used this to amp up my skin game. I applied this product in junction with the Maybelline Fit Me concealer and the Savvy Pressed Powder *cough cough cheapo cough cough* and this lasted for about 4-5 hours which is how long I was out. The formula is very lightweight yet it provides medium-heavy coverage, I used a pea sized amount which was able to help out my dark circles and forehead breakout. The packaging is a bit bland and I would have preferred a pump applicator but that doesn't affect the product itself. I would definitely buy this again.

I love this stuff! My skin is super dry, I have large pores, and I break out due to aforementioned dryness. This product doesn't give a ton of coverage, but it is quite buildable - I just apply it with a dry beauty blender so as not to dilute it and I'm actually able to get a good medium amount of all-over concealing! It still doesn't do tooo much for dark scars, but this is what I wear if I want to feel put-together when bumming around the house or running to the market. Enough to tone down glaring blemishes etcetera! I have repurchased it multiple times over the last few years, and although I seem to use quite a bit, it lasts me months and months. Also, I set it with pretty much whatever powder I like at the moment...it can be greasy at first, so I let it settle in for a few minutes and then use a rocking motion to apply powder all over with a puff - at which point my large pores are greeeatly diminished and I don't feel greasy or cakey at all. Plus, the moisture factor in this product keeps my skin from freaking out and getting shiny later in the day...just a nice dewiness. I also feel that when I wear this a lot my overall tone improves - maybe it's partly the fact that it lets my skin 'breathe' a little and I'm breaking out less.

on 9/9/2014 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I first bought this BB Cream during the wintertime in the shade Fair/Light. I have combination skin, but in the wintertime my skin is quite dry. The consistency is quite thick & creamy, very nice for dry skin. Coverage is light/medium, it wasn't enough to cover my acne scarring or current breakouts. It did however even-out my skintone & could probably cover light acne scars as well. To have more coverage, I applied this with a duo-fiber makeup brush. It leaves me with a soft, dewy look to my face. It didn't wear that well though, throughout the day it would turn a different orange-y shade and wear off in some places.
I could not wear this in the summertime, as the summers in Georgia are quite humid. I was not upset with this product, but not impressed either. For $15 I think I could find something better, or pay $5 or $10 more for something nicer. I haven't tried any of the Asian BB Creams, which might be my next adventure!

on 8/31/2014 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like to use this in winter when my skin is feeling drier as it gives a good level of moisture. The coverage is not bad if I just want to even out the complexion and it leaves a dewy finish. It's less pigmented than the one for combination/oily skin.

The formula is thick and creamy, I just need to use a pea-sized amount and use my fingers to warm it up and blend it into my skin. Personally I find it a bit too oily after a while (for my combo skin) but it's fine if I set it with powder or use blotting sheets.

I have repurchased this before but will not repurchase again only because the combo/oily version works better for me right now.

on 8/26/2014 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I actually have this in Fair/Light and I like it quite a bit. I only use a pea-size amount, and even that spreads out so thinly that it sometimes seems like too much. The tube is 75 mL, so I imagine that I will move on to another product well before I run out,

There is a decent level of sunscreen in it, but I am not sure I'm using enough to get the full benefit. I think the moisture is fine as well, but I often use a treatment-sunscreen-moisturizer underneath, so I'm not relying on it as a moisturizer. There's not much pigment or coverage at all. I think if you're looking for that, you need a real foundation.

I like the way it feels, and I like the way it smells. I use a powder on top to cover the shine and give me more pigment/coverage (currently, E.L.F. Mineral Booster in Sheer).

on 8/18/2014 6:12:00 PM

waay too pink, horrible.

on 8/18/2014 3:49:00 PM

I just started school, and I don't feel like putting on layers of foundations, primers, concealers, powders etc.. So I bought this BB cream. I have oily skin in my T-sone so I need to set this with a loose powder tough...(they don't have the oily skin version where I live) but I do like it a lot! You can build the coverage if you want to and the colors are nice. I use the medium one, and it somehow fits my yellow skin, but I wish there were more colors to choose from.

Overall I like this bb cream, minus for the poor color selection. I do not know if this will break me out or if it's worth 5 lippies, but I will edit if anything happens!

Edit: I strongly regret buying this.
Made my skin super duper oily, and after a while the color gets pink and dark. VERY DARK. Will not buy again.

on 8/13/2014 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hate this BB cream. I liked it at first but it made me break out like crazy... I've tried it several times because I liked how it made my skin look when I was wearing it and I hoped it wasn't the BB cream that made me break out, but it was. Bummer... It gives you good coverage and leaves you with an even dewy skin (did find it a bit too dewy for my normal skin after wearing it for a day so I would have to use powder, which is something I don't want to use with a BB cream because it ruins the idea of a BB cream for me). This BB cream also was a bit too dark for me by the way. I could work with it, but Garnier should have seperated light skin from medium skin. They don't look the same.

on 8/11/2014 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have dry skin and this works AMAZINGLY well on my skin. It looks a little bit dewy on the skin which I like, and if I don't want to wear too much makeup I just put a setting powder over it. It matches my skin perfectly which I usually have trouble with. It covers imperfections well for a bb cream. The only thing I don't like is the packaging… it really needs a pump, but that is the only thing I'm not a fan of. Great product, highly recommended.

on 8/10/2014 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

Until recently, I've been using the "oily/combination" formulation of this product. However, I'm finding my skin is drier than it used to be and this product actually works much better. I still get the coverage that I like, but this one blurs the fine lines where the other tends to dry out and accentuate them. Both are very affordable and comparable in quality. If you have dry or even combination skin, I would give this product a try first, and then if you're finding it too oily, switch to the BB cream for oily/combination skin. I've been quite satisfied with both.

My advice for this BB cream and really all foundation: Apply with a brush. I just use a paintbrush from an art supply store with synthetic bristles. The cream goes on evenly, you don't have to rub your oily hands on your face, and you don't waste product by soaking it up with a sponge.