January 31, 2015 | 2069 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by idressyou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

IF you can pull this off, it's an inoffensive, subtle, mildly floral musk, with a hint of earthy, powdery amber. Smells REALLY good on a tiny FEW, but on most, including myself, it morphs into a synthetic, mildewy & musk of a cloud that can be gag inducing to those who are sensitive. Please, for the sake of we who can smell musks, get a second and third, or even better, a fourth and fifth opinion from people with varying tastes before claiming this as your signature scent. I worked in a shop that carried this, where the owner pushed it on every teenage girl who walked in the store because he thought it sounded "mysterious and exotic" to them. Unfortunately, for the employees, the majority of converts who fell for that pitch (and there were far too many, imo) actually smelled of synthetic musk in moldy, dank basements.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried to love this fragrance, and let me tell you, I like the scent. But every time I wore it, everyone thought I smelled like an old woman. Men would eye me funny when they would get a whiff of me. In fact, it seemed to repel men away actually. I love the whole concept of organic fragrances, but this just didn't work. Even when I mixed it with something else, it just didn't impress me. This fragrance told me on thing about life: How you smell and how you present yourself really does have an impact on how people treat you: It didn't matter how young and great I dressed up on certain days, but people always thought I was 10 years older when I wore this fragrance! I'm not exaggerating! Even my mother said she would not be caught dead wearing this. As soon as i got back to my signature fragrance, Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue, people would treat me with the normality I'm used to. And yes, men did not back off. So, my best advice is, buy this fragrance only if it works with your chemistry. Apparently, it didn't work for me. I am not saying it smells horrible, or advising no one to buy it, but to proceed with caution that's all.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Ali1865

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful smell! Smells clean and fresh, like shampoo or soap almost. The roller is easy to use, the scent lasts a long time, and the oil lasts forever! I've had mine for months and I haven't even made a dent in it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a skin scent, soft and light. The oil is thick and couldn't find what the ingredients were. Ther is an unpleasant basenote metallic/synthetic? which I did not care for, could it be the synthetic musk?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by mbm452

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I get horrible fragrance-related headaches and am constantly on a quest to find ones that don't trigger them. After trying another Auric Blends scent with luck, I figured natural oils were worth taking a better look at.

Everything I knew about it (including the name and logo) made me think I wouldn't like it. Musk? Woodsy notes? None of those sound like things I like. Yet once I smelled it, the descriptions made sense. For me, the standout adjectives would be fresh, natural, clean, and cozy though. (I don't pick up a much in the way of pencil shavings as some reviews mention.) A touch of the hippie chick about it, but thankfully just a touch.

To put it another way, I've always favored scents that smell "clean." This one does too, but in a totally different way, one that makes the others seem a little synthetic and antiseptic. This seems to radiate from the skin. I've smelled this and similar notes on people before and never thought it was perfume. In that sense it feels a little too...personal to me--I don't really want people to think they're just picking up on a mixture of my soap and body chemistry, which is what this reminds me of, but better.

Fortunately--or not--this stuff wears pretty light on me. I'm pretty sure the only people who have ever noticed it are myself and my boyfriend. It also only lasts a few hours for me, hence the deducted lippie. And yet, I still love it. It's like slipping out of the shower and into nice pajamas.

EDIT: I've since tried Auric Blends Love and have come to prefer it in a big way. It's made with EG but also has a crisp, green layer that works to make it smell a little younger and more purposeful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by auntnett

I love the Egyptian Musk scent of Karen's Body Beautiful products, but it doesn't last. I came here looking for something similar then looked for it at Whole Foods - I was actually looking for Kuumba (sp?), but they didn't have it. This smelled very similar to the KBB musk, so I bought a bottle for about $25. Smells good at first, but it doesn't last well at all on me. The bottle seeps oil no matter how tightly it's closed. It's just not worth the money. If the oil hadn't leaked all over the label, making it look old, I'd take it right back - plus I can't find the receipt, LOL.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by dizzied

I think this smells nice. Musky, but easy on the nose. Most musks smell gnarly on me, but not this one. In a way, this scent is not far off from Philosophy's Amazing Grace. It has that same ambient, woman smell that stays close to the skin, wafting just enough. I wouldn't douse myself in this, because I find that my nose gets used to this scent very quickly and I can no longer guage how strong the throw is any longer. I wear this a lot, but I would refrain from wearing it to a job interview, lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lipsticknut

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thought I'd try it after all the raves. But all I get is a rather cheap, synthetic, plasticky, cloying smell. And it's way, way too thick and sticky.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Vixen7

I first found this at a Good Earth store in FL years ago and I have used it ever since. It's a perfect sultry musk that stays close to my skin leaving a wafty yummyness wherever I go.
Very sexy, I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupchic70

I wanted to like this just because of the great reviews but...
#1 I was sniffing so much just to smell the product on my wrist. The scent is very, very, very mild to the point that you can hardly smell it. And,
#2 It is very oily. There is no way I am putting this on the pulse points my ears.