October 20, 2014 | 1739 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by auntnett

I love the Egyptian Musk scent of Karen's Body Beautiful products, but it doesn't last. I came here looking for something similar then looked for it at Whole Foods - I was actually looking for Kuumba (sp?), but they didn't have it. This smelled very similar to the KBB musk, so I bought a bottle for about $25. Smells good at first, but it doesn't last well at all on me. The bottle seeps oil no matter how tightly it's closed. It's just not worth the money. If the oil hadn't leaked all over the label, making it look old, I'd take it right back - plus I can't find the receipt, LOL.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by dizzied

I think this smells nice. Musky, but easy on the nose. Most musks smell gnarly on me, but not this one. In a way, this scent is not far off from Philosophy's Amazing Grace. It has that same ambient, woman smell that stays close to the skin, wafting just enough. I wouldn't douse myself in this, because I find that my nose gets used to this scent very quickly and I can no longer guage how strong the throw is any longer. I wear this a lot, but I would refrain from wearing it to a job interview, lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lipsticknut

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thought I'd try it after all the raves. But all I get is a rather cheap, synthetic, plasticky, cloying smell. And it's way, way too thick and sticky.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Vixen7

I first found this at a Good Earth store in FL years ago and I have used it ever since. It's a perfect sultry musk that stays close to my skin leaving a wafty yummyness wherever I go.
Very sexy, I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupchic70

I wanted to like this just because of the great reviews but...
#1 I was sniffing so much just to smell the product on my wrist. The scent is very, very, very mild to the point that you can hardly smell it. And,
#2 It is very oily. There is no way I am putting this on the pulse points my ears.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had originally rated this 3 stars because it's powdery, clean, white-musk-y and soft but not "sexy" or "goddess-like," and then I tried it as a base for another scent (Jovan Woman, to be exact) and holy moley, the combo is unbelievable! My husband said, "You smell really good!" and he is normally almost completely anosmic. Then I realized the true beauty of EG: wear it on its own as a soft musk skin-scent, or layer it with a spicier or chypre scent to give a gorgeously rounded fragrance experience that has both sillage and skin-scent, teasingly wrapped in one. I would describe Egyptian Goddess as a white musk without the usual sweetness--it even has a smoked-wood note to it that reminds me of snuggling by a campfire. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by dascha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought another bottle of this on ebay for five bucks, after getting one that I think was old or "off" somehow. Anyway, I couldn't smell it. Perhaps my nose has gotten better, because I do smell this one, and I really like it. The nearly universal raves are justified, I think. I've been looking for a very unobtrusive, non-perfume-y, clean but not laundry-detergent-smelling "work scent." It's been tough going. The other musks I've tried have been vetoed by my musk-hating husband. This one is technically a musk but it has a woody-resin-lead pencil quality that is quite unusual. The scent in general is difficult to describe, and I suspect, like most musks, it interacts quite a bit with one's body chemistry, so it's very subjective. I do not detect much sweetness or vanilla. On me it's quite dry. There is a touch of something softly fruity to my nose, but nothing overt. Seems like this one would be great for layering. Very nice and just what I was looking for.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by bobbictx

I am soooo confused by the raves about this. I'm convinced I must have gotten a bad or rancid bottle or something. I'm not really *that* picky about scents, if it's sweet, but not too sweet, I'll probably like it. Even if I don't like it much, it's unlikely that I'd hate it.

That said, this stuff is awful. I got the roll on bottle, it was about $7 or so, and I had to pay another $6 for shipping, all for .75 oz of very sticky oil. When I put it on, it smells almost like bologna. After it fades some, it smells VERY similar to that generic Giorgio perfume that everyone wore in middle school in the late 80's. Then there's a VERY SLIGHT musk scent hiding under the cheapness.
I was expecting a sweet, musky sandalwood type scent, and I couldn't wait for it to arrive after the reviews, but I'm soooo disappointed.

I don't know if I should see if I can return this to drugstore.com, or throw it away, or what. And the oil is soo thick and sticky. Almost gummy even.

I don't get it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by redhead2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like my musks super sweet. This isn't it. I really don't smell any musk. I detect some sort of "smokey" note that I do not care for--almost like a forest fire. The only good thing about this fragrance is that it is inexpensive, and the container is a roll-on. I think I'll stick to Kuumba Made.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Talk about being late to the party! This is pure heaven in a bottle! I would have never even tried this fragrance had it not been for the overwhelming reviews here and in other places absolutely raving about this scent. It's so cheap that I decided to add it to my latest Drugstore.Com order just to see what all the fuss was about. I was stunned to be honest. I bought the roll on which was less than $6.00 and could not even believe the scent. This has to be the most heavenly musk on earth. I have never smelled anything so clean and pure in my life. This is a very uniquely clean scent. No wonder people want to keep sniffing you when you wear this! There's not a pungent note to be found. Nothing even remotely offensive. Not one note to complicate the purity of this beauty.

This musk is so fresh and pure that I find myself wanting to wear it before bed just to luxuriate in it's simple comfort as I fall asleep. When your body heats up, the scent intensifies and people will stop you and ask you what you are wearing. I think this may be my new favorite scent! It seems a bit lightweight at first, but it really does intensify with your body heat and leaves you wanting to sniff your wrists all day. What a gorgeous clean musk! I had been searching for a musk like this all my life! Love this and will be ordering a full bottle!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No