Lancome Magie Noire

3.5

on 9/12/2005 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this fragrance! My mom has been wearing this for as long as I can remember. It's her big-night-out scent and when I was little, she would always let me have a spritz whenever she used it. One of my all-time favorites, definetely.

on 5/26/2005 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I reviewed this fragrance once before, but I decided to review it again. This is my mum's favourite perfume and she has been wearing it for over 10 years now. I decided to spray it on a few nights ago before going to bed, wow... this smelled incredible on me! Smelled just as good as it does on my mother. I never had the inclination to use it because I'm only 22 and I thought it was too "mature" for me. Well, that's definitely not true, and I won't let this little treasure pass me by anymore. Contrary to many people, I don't mind wearing the same perfume as my mum, she's my idol, so why not!! Magie Noir is pure liquid gold! It's everything that a perfume should be... sensual, sophisticated, mysterious, classy, edgy, sexy and provocative (in a good way) all in one! Not long ago, I was watching a Portuguese soap opera and happened to see Magie Noir sitting on top of the main character's vanity. This character was everything that this perfume embodies, a typical soap opera character, plus a few love triangles thrown in as usual... ah, les affaires du coeur! But back to the fragrance, is it a coincidence that they chose this fragrance for her vanity?! I think not!! This fragrance says, I'm classy and I'm confident, that's exactly how I feel when I wear this and I'm sure any woman who uses this perfume will agree with me. One should always know their limits... a fragrance doesn't have to... ;)

on 5/1/2005 7:03:00 PM

This did not agree with my body chemistry at all! Smells really old ladyish and like dead flowers on me.

on 4/18/2005 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I had chemistry problems with Magie Noir. It was very
unpredictable on me, and turned bad in the drydown
enough of the time that I never dared to wear it again.
Update 9/09 on the current reformulation - has the same
dirty dishrag center that Hypnose does, making it
entirely unwearable for me.

on 3/28/2005 2:36:00 PM

I used to love this fragrance years ago but between changes in the fragrance and my own body chemistry it doesn't smell as good on me. I walked into the post office and the guy working there said "I smell laundry detergent and it smells horrible" Being that I just purchased it, wasn't a great response. It's pretty and different but a little too sweet for me.

on 2/5/2005 9:49:00 AM

I chose Magie Noir to wear on the first day I actually felt pretty after the birth of my first son. Nice shower, good makeup, non-binding pants. I picked up the Magie Noir as the finishing touch, and promptly sprayed it in my eye. Haven't tried it since, and it's been 16 years.

on 2/5/2005 6:33:00 AM

Never bought this stuff. One of the worst fragrance I have ever smelled!!
Not sure what it smells like. It has a haunting old cemetery scent. Smells like dead flowers. Horrible floral!
Not for me!!

on 1/9/2005 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used to wear this in the 80's and early 90's..and although back then I probably was wearing a fragrance that was too "sophisticated" for me, I still held onto it.

I still consider it one of my staples...it is a heavy strong green oriental floral. Like Poison, either people love it or hate it. My own sis can't smell it for too long on me..but I love it nonetheless...it is a great fall/winter scent...more winter than fall IMHO. I don't usually go for heavy fragrances..but call me sentimental..Magie Noire somehow sort of "does" it for me. A sentimental favorite for me and if you like to stand out in a crowd maybe for you too.

One of the best oriental fragrances out there. Starts quite green, then moves into a soft warm heart. Not too spicy. Sweetly woody on the drydown. Different than anything else out there. I read an interview with Mandy Moore and she loves this. You can see it on her table in "Saved" also. Not that it matters. A very nice distinctive scent.

on 11/10/2004 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I recall one night being awakened by the unrelenting odor of urine -- real up close and personal-like! Initially I thought my cat had freaked out and sprayed me until I realized it was the Magie Noire I'd spritzed on just before going to bed. Haven't used it since....I can take some animalic fragrances (Magie Noire has TWO animalic notes: civet and castoreum!), but on me this one is overkill.

Popular Fragrances