October 23, 2014 | 1980 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Magie Noire

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2005 7:03:00 PM More reviews by jules007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did not agree with my body chemistry at all! Smells really old ladyish and like dead flowers on me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2005 2:58:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had chemistry problems with Magie Noir. It was very
unpredictable on me, and turned bad in the drydown
enough of the time that I never dared to wear it again.
Update 9/09 on the current reformulation - has the same
dirty dishrag center that Hypnose does, making it
entirely unwearable for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2005 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Enigmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to love this fragrance years ago but between changes in the fragrance and my own body chemistry it doesn't smell as good on me. I walked into the post office and the guy working there said "I smell laundry detergent and it smells horrible" Being that I just purchased it, wasn't a great response. It's pretty and different but a little too sweet for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2005 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Chrisskins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I chose Magie Noir to wear on the first day I actually felt pretty after the birth of my first son. Nice shower, good makeup, non-binding pants. I picked up the Magie Noir as the finishing touch, and promptly sprayed it in my eye. Haven't tried it since, and it's been 16 years.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2005 6:33:00 AM More reviews by nosheenabc

Never bought this stuff. One of the worst fragrance I have ever smelled!!
Not sure what it smells like. It has a haunting old cemetery scent. Smells like dead flowers. Horrible floral!
Not for me!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2005 4:07:00 PM More reviews by metaldog32

I used to wear this in the 80's and early 90's..and although back then I probably was wearing a fragrance that was too "sophisticated" for me, I still held onto it.

I still consider it one of my staples...it is a heavy strong green oriental floral. Like Poison, either people love it or hate it. My own sis can't smell it for too long on me..but I love it nonetheless...it is a great fall/winter scent...more winter than fall IMHO. I don't usually go for heavy fragrances..but call me sentimental..Magie Noire somehow sort of "does" it for me. A sentimental favorite for me and if you like to stand out in a crowd maybe for you too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2005 6:59:00 AM More reviews by claychappell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the best oriental fragrances out there. Starts quite green, then moves into a soft warm heart. Not too spicy. Sweetly woody on the drydown. Different than anything else out there. I read an interview with Mandy Moore and she loves this. You can see it on her table in "Saved" also. Not that it matters. A very nice distinctive scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2004 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Soie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recall one night being awakened by the unrelenting odor of urine -- real up close and personal-like! Initially I thought my cat had freaked out and sprayed me until I realized it was the Magie Noire I'd spritzed on just before going to bed. Haven't used it since....I can take some animalic fragrances (Magie Noire has TWO animalic notes: civet and castoreum!), but on me this one is overkill.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2004 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Avocet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Summon up a wedding in a candle-lit, glowing church just before Christmas. Mature winter bride in gorgeous berry-coloured velvet with red roses, berries and jasmine in her bouquet, and , later, the lingering warm aromas of mulled wine and sweet Italian nougat cake....it just HAD to be Magie Noire! Perfect !!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2004 12:39:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never liked Magie Noire: it is IMHO very dull fragrance, it reminds me of dead leaves/dead flowers. Lacks "sparkle" and allure. Spicy, masculine, leathery, mossy...While I like some of those qualities in Gres Cabochard, Magie Noire is not my cup of tea.
The name "Magie Noire" has always been very banal to me as well.