April 18, 2014 | 1724 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Smooth Absolute ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

The best way to describe this fdn. is it is like a serum + liquid fdn.
    the coverage is light to medium, excellent for my dry skin. The first thing I did was using a pair of kitchen shears (the kind to cut chicken bones) to cut that damn brush off into a crew cut, problem solved.
    For my NC 35 skin, I picked #172 Sand Beige and find it to be a good match. The product appears darker in the bottle than it actually showed up on the skin. This product may enable to use a lighter moisturizer in the morning. As some of you may not realize, for dry dry skin, the fdn. instead of turning orangy, will turn whitish, chalky instead. This fdn. eliminate that problem as I don't think I will wear it in the hot days though.
    For Cad$10, this drug store fdn can hold up against those $50 sold in a dept. store.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference- I have acne prone skin that is sensitive and can be pretty oily in the warmer months. In the winter months, my skin tends to get dry, flaky patches and needs quite a bit of moisturizer to keep it quenched.

I was on the hunt for a lighter coverage foundation that would give a dewy look since my skin wasn't achieving that particular look on its own since winter had begun. Finding the reviews for this foundation rather stellar, I picked it up at my local grocery store for around $15. $15 is steep for a drugstore foundation and I was a bit worried about the 'steep' commitment I was making without having tried the product first. I picked up the lightest possible one (Classic Ivory) and it is a great match to my NC/NW 15 skintone.

I've been wearing this foundation for two months now and can honestly say that I love it and that it is a definite staple. There aren't enough good things I can say about the formula of this stuff! It is good on its own (set with powder on my T Zone) and mixed with a heavier foundation such as Estee Lauder Double Wear to give it a bit of dewiness and glow. The formula of this foundation is a thicker consistency than others I have used but that doesn't hinder its ability to blend. It blends very easily into my skin and has a light, natural looking coverage. It looks like my skin but better.

The lasting power is something that I'm still a bit weary about because, on its own, this foundation doesn't last long on my skin. It sort of 'eats' it. It doesn't fade unevenly or pool in weird places like I have had other foundations do- which is nice! Set with a powder, this foundation will last all day. The only gripe I have with this product is the packaging. The brush dispensing system needs to go! It is not hygienic and makes application tough.

All in all, a wonderful product and I will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by ca806

Great foundation, goes on smoothly and looks very natural. I was expecting it to be a bit more moisturizing, but it doesn't look cakey at all, so it's not a huge problem. I am using this everyday and plan on buying it again for sure, worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

It's a decent product and I could see how many people could love it. Hence the 3. This has pink undertones, a lack of coverage (redness still showed through but my big pores didn't), and wear time isn't long. I apply my make-up before 2pm and don't get home till midnight. I need make-up that's long lasting and transfer proof. This isn't that. It lasts maybe 5-7 hours max and transfers easily. Isn't the best for oily skin either as it starts to peek out around then too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by oise73

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation a lot. I have been using Bare Minerals, but found a powder foundation too dry in the wintertime. This makes my skin look dewy and it doesn't settle in the creases around my eyes. It doesn't have massive coverage - I have freckles, well some are probably sun damage, but most have been with me all my life, and they are still visible under this makeup. What it does is even out the color of my skin in a nice way.

I have glaucoma and have to use 2 kinds of eye drops (yes, one of them did affect my eyelashes which are now the thickest they have ever been) and one of the side effects is that the skin around my eyes is redder. I can use this makeup right up to my lash line without any problems and the nice creamy formula is feels nicer than a regular concealer.

My one and only complaint is the big brush. I'm supposed to paint it on my face? Really? It is just a messy way of delivering a nice foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried and detested L'Oreal's Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup so I was slightly skeptical that this formula would work for me. Surprisingly I really like this foundation. I purchased the lightest shade possible in Classic Ivory and it's a really good neutral shade that matches my complexion. For reference I wear MAC NC15, Bourjois in shade 51 (Vanille Clair), Revlon Colorstay in Buff, Vichy Dermablend in Opal, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Ivory Rose, NARS Deauville, and Revlon PhotoReady in Vanilla.
    I find Visible Lift Smooth Absolute to provide light to medium coverage, blends so easily into my skin, sets to a lovely dewy and luminous finish, and has an SPF of 17. In terms of wear I really like that it doesn't oxidize or break down to quickly. I can easily wear this during a work day and only require a few blotting/powdering to my oily t-zone. Additionally this doesn't seem to settle into fine lines or creases either, granted I do wear a primer underneath which I think does help. I have been wearing this foundation on and off for over a month and haven't experienced any issues with sensitivities or clogged pores.
    The only really bad thing I can say about this product is the packaging. I hate the attached bristle brush that I personally find scratchy and just plain gross. There is absolutely no way to clean the brush and product builds up in the cap. I actually just cut the bristles right off which solved my problem.
    Overall really good foundation for my combination skin that happens to be on the drier side during the winter. Definitely a repurchase for me and I'm curious to give this foundation a try during the hot summer months to see if this will still work.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by trautman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

For ref. I have dry skin with hyperpigmentation, and acne scaring. I have been really impressed by this foundation. I have never found a color match at the drugstore, until now! Nude beige is a perfect match for nc 20/25 range. This really gives my skin a smooth appearance and blurs out my pigmentation and scaring issues. I would call this a satin finish, perhaps dewy for oily skin. This can cling to dry spots so a moisturizer is needed underneath if your skin is extremely dry. I set with a light application of translucent powder(Laura Mercier) because this does transfer on my cell phone. I find this long lasting and medium coverage. I dislike the brush,like everyone else. But other than that a great drugstore find!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Foxy_C

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I'm normally not a foundation type of girl, as I usually wear tinted foundations or my favourite Colour Supplement from Lush. So, with this foundation being natural-looking and lightweight, it's great! I also find that it does smooth out my skin and make it look a little plumper. I am only 28 with no real visible lines or wrinkles, but it still makes me look younger. It's a gel-like consistency and the colour payoff is good. I love that it has some hydrating properties in it as well. The only thing I don't like is the brush. While it may come in handy (at first), after a while it starts to look gross and I wonder what sort of bacteria I'm breeding in there since it doesn't say anywhere that the brush has anti-microbial properties like the sponge ball on the Maybelline Eraser foundation. So, guess what I did? I pulled it off! So, now I have this little spout sticking out of my bottle. Also, with just the spout I can jut click it twice and the perfect amount comes out. Beware though, when you do this w/o the brush the foundation will fall underneath into the well below. So, best to click it upside down into your hand or palette. Love it. Anyway, I'm an NC35-40 and I got the Sand Beige. Which is perfect for my skintone on my face. But since my face is lighter than my neck/body, so it still looks light compared to the rest of my body. So, maybe next time I'll go the next one up, which is the Sun Beige so I can look overall even. Overall, I love it and I def. recommend it!
    PS. It only has .85 fluid oz (25ml) in it, which isn't much compared to other foundations that has at least 1oz. This doesn't really bother me that much b/c this is a vacuum seal pump, meaning i should be using it to the very last drop (and is the most sanitary way possible for makeup). With other foundations, you'll probably not use it to the very bottom. I'm sure there will still be some ounces left in the bottle before purchasing a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by fallen46

The thing that is really holding me back on this foundation is the applicator and the color selection. I'm not fair, but I am not very tan either. The colors made my face look either pink and too pale, or else too dark and not matching my neck color. Lasting power is pretty good, although I think my Revlon C/S lasts a lot longer and had a pretty good match for my skin. I think next time I'm going to try the other formula of this with the pump and not the brush, because the brush applicator kind of disgusts me. I have acne prone skin, and so having to watch that brush so much is super annoying, not to mention I find it wasteful. Another downside to the applicator is that it is one of those 'click and turn' ones. I hate those. I feel they rip you off of quantity of product and also super wasteful. Other than that the product itself is pretty good. If I don't find something better for me I would continue to use, but switch to the other one with the pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by tadpole02

Really great foundation, very full coverage to me if you use the brush that comes on it (which I do not). But, I can blend it out a little with the beauty blender sponge, or one of my own foundation brushes easily. This is what I would wear on days or evenings out when I want a very "non-blemished" skin look, but I wouldn't use it every day because I just prefer a tinted moisturizer. I have very flakey dry skin right now because of a few peels I am trying and I applied this to moisturized skin, using my fingers and patted it on in areas where I was really peeling and it worked great. I would sign up on L'oreal's website for coupons before buying! They always have them for their products. For color reference, I have a very light skin tone and use the nude beige...in winter right now i am a Mac NC 20, or BE Fairly Light.
    The only reason I took a lippie off is that it comes with the brush on the end of it, which I find useless to have. It is so unsanitary when they do this to foundations and I don't get why they do it! I have had no breakouts or clogged pores from this, but like I said, I do not use it every day either!