April 16, 2014 | 1399 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by shells2grlz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love everything about this BB cream except for the colors..Which is why I can't use it. The first color is too light & the next is too dark. I hope clinique comes out with more color choices because I really like the feel & finish of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by highmaintenancepanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this product in a little container when I purchased some other Clinque makeup. I had never used a BB Cream before and wasn't sure what to think. I applied it with my finger tips and found it was lightweight and not sticky like I expected. It was moisturizing and gave good medium coverage. I still had to use a powder over it because it made my face shiny.
I use the Maybelline BB Cream now and find it does the same job, but for a third of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The one I got doesn't have SPF in it suprisingly, which I noticed after I had opened it.
I haven't tried other BB creams, but this works fine for me. I don't have blemishes but I have big pores and blackheads particularly on t-zone. It does a fantastic job at coverting those up, and giving a dewey/glowing effect on my skin --several people have commented on how good my complexion looks.
I like to use it in the winter instead of foundation because it's thick enough to keep the skin moisturized all day long.
I also find it applies much easier with a face cream underneath --I've tired using it straight after washing my face and it didn't work at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by PixiewithSticks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

Love this BB cream, and I have tried a few including Dr. Jart. My problem with most of the BB creams is the SPF and oil, in the oil free versions most have a low SPF. I have fair skin so I was hoping when I tried the Clinque BB cream it would work for me - I lucked out. Not only does the color match my skintone fairly well, but it doesn't break me out or get too oily. It feels a little heavy but I got used to it because it makes a noticeable difference in coverage when I put it on. I wear this daily instead of a moisturizer and etc. just the BB cream. The packaging is great and allows you to get all of the product, so that's another good thing. The only issue I had with this was my first tube even with daily wear lasted about 8 months, toward the end the color darkened (oxidized maybe?). It happened gradually but I did notice it wasn't matching my skin, then when I got my new bottle I compared the two and despite being the same color the actual product from the older bottle was darker. Not sure if something happened over time or if they changed the formulation from January to September or what.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by fa23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it is called perfecting BB cream here in Canada but that aside it is very good and definitely worth the money. it really does last all day long. I gave it a 4 because i haven't yet tried anything else, so when i do this rating might change. i like it because i can't wear foundation, it feels far too heavy and i become very greasy, but this is light weight and perfect in place of foundation for me. another thing is a little bit does go a long way. my only problem would be that they only have 3 shades available, whereas L'oreal has 6 shades or maybe more i think. lastly i haven't used it in full summer yet, so i don't know if it will melt the way foundation does on the face during summer. otherwise very good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Finally I have found the One! This bb-cream is the best bb-cream Iīve ever tried, and will surely stick to it. Before Clinique I used Garnierīs bb-creme, but the lightest shade was a little bit too dark and surprisingly it was a bit too oily for me. Clinique has better shades (I use the lightest shade and itīs just perfect for my super pale, pink-yellowish skin).

This is a quite thick cream, and it provides a lot of coverage. In my opinion, itīs closer to foundantion than a moisture cream. I have quite dry skin and this moisturizes my skin pretty good, so I donīt need a moisturizer. This will probably change in the winter...
It absorbs pretty fast, so I usually spread it on damp skin. That way it spreads easier and lighter for a more natural look. A tiny amount of this bb-cream is enough, so the bottle lasts long.

I use this product more like a primer, since my skin is prone to redness and needs a little bit more covering. I usually use Bare Minerals foundation, and the powder sets beautifully on this cream.

The only negative thing of this product is the price. It costs 35e, but I will buy again, since this cream makes my skin feel and look so good!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried decent-size samples of this from Sephora. Unfortunately, neither was a good color match for my pale, neutral skin. The textue was thick and it settled unflatteringly in lines and pores, emphasizing flakes. To be fair, I have dry skin and think this product is geared more towards those with oily skin - and for them this may be a wonderful product. I like that there was more than one color option. The finish was quite matte on my skin. It did cover imperfections.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by cecilelpham

So I got a sample in shade 3 from my local Sephora. The consultant applied the product on my face too, and I left it on for about four hours. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I was horrified: my face was so oily and greasy! I wasn't sure if it was because the Sephora consultant applied too much product on my face, so I decided to give it another try. After using it for another three days, I concluded that this product is just very greasy and oily: I have combination skin and usually this is not a problem for me. Also even though this product is pretty thick, it does not conceal blemishes very well. And it has a very strong sunblock-like smell to it, which I don't particularly like that much. The only pros are that shade 3 matched my skin tone pretty well and it has SPF 30. Other than that I personally do not think this product is worth what you would have to pay for it. Thank goodness I got a sample beforehand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by kmbirkel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I want to preface this by saying that I really like this product - I have been using it for months and find it excellent on my combination/oily skin, and I am able to get a shade match with #1. I am normally N/NW10 - very pale and neutral leaning cool-toned.

With that said, you should know that this product is basically EXACTLY the same as the MAC Prep + Prime Beauty Balm SPF 35. I put on my MAC BB for the first time today and realized it smelled and felt familiar - just like my Clinique BB. So I looked up the ingredients of both and compared them. The ingredient lists for both contain about 99.9% the same ingredients, in very close to the same order (which means very close to the same proportions of each ingredient), as you can see below. I read through both lists and the only ingredient I can find at ALL that's in one but not the other is the aluminum hydroxide way toward the end of the list on the Clinique one.

So, if you can't find a shade match in one, try the other. If you can find a match in both, like me (the lightest shade of each) - the Clinique one is cheaper!

Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30 [$37 USD for 1.4 oz, or $21.43/oz]: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% Other Ingredients: water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d’orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

MAC Prep + Prime Beauty Balm SPF 35 [$30 USD for 1 oz]: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

37 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by mpp08

I like this product but it is slightly pasty. It did not really improve skin tone or texture. I find it to have more coverage than other BB creams and I like that it has SPF 30 but I think that it is overall too pricey. I found that the Loreal Youth Code BB Cream is great quality for the price and I am sticking to that.