November 26, 2014 | 1157 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Kadee13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love it,my skin has many acne scars & it covers greatly
It lasts just long enough for me .4-5 hours and that's without powder as I have rather dry skin.I do heed a little moisturizer at first use 'till skin got used to it as product itself is only a little moisturising ,it is oil free which is good .It disguises active blemishes a little.Pump breaks easily but pump replacements are cheap to get

Pros;
Long lasting
Good coverage
Decent price

Cons;
Doesn't cover tattoos/skin conditions
Can be quite drying

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Hlp92

Got this foundation in hope that it would be a more natural looking foundation for work but it really made my skin look worse . It made my skin look dry and orange and oxidized and got even more orange after a couple of hours . Maybe this is suited for more oily skin . Won't be repurchasing .

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the shade 4.0.

Packaging:
I love the packaging. I love how it has a built in pump and it just has a sleek look to it. It's great that it also has SPF. I love it!

Price:
I got this from Macys for $34 I believe? Typical price for a MAC Foundation. I like how it has more product than the SFF AND it comes with a pump, so you get your money's worth.

Pros:
-Covers a variety of color ranges
-Very light; it doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation. Also has a Demi-matte finish.
-The coverage is buildable.
-Comes with a pump
-Has SPF

Cons:
-Doesn't match ALL shades
-Can become cakey

Texture: Not to creamy but also not too liquidy.

Smell: Your average foundation smell.

Impressions/Comments:
I wanted to love this product. I really did. I love the consistency and finish. It was a perfect lightweight foundation! However, when I took a flash photo it gave me that white cast over my face. At first I thought it was the SPF, but I realized that the color ended up being tooooo light! I'm an NC35 and the 4.0 was still too light for me? Weird. When I talked to the MAC Specialist, they said that 5.0 would be too dark. But 4.0 is too light... Maybe it just wasn't meant to be? I love the idea of a foundation matching a variety of skin tones, especially because it's a nice mix of the NC and NW. They have a ton of shades in their collection, but they just don't fit me. Wahhhh! Sad life.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Nandapushkar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was always in search of a good foundation that suited my skin .one or the other way most of them doesn't suit my skin .but this match master foundation is perfect and it doesn't give a cakey feeling or a filmy layered feeling for me ! Just love this product !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by africa11

I love this FOUNDATION, this provides me with build-able coverage yet looks natural on my skin! I mix it with my Prep+ Prime Radiance primer and it gives me a fresh look that last all day long! HG foundation for me!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the foundation I currently use.

I am Greek with fair-light yellowish skin and I use everything NC20 in foundations and concealers.

I apply the Matchmaster foundation with a sponge and it gives me an even, matte finish.

The matte finish does not really last long so I make sure i set it with a mattifying powder but I really like the result.

PROS:
- Bottle has a pump which is really sanitary.
- Matte finish.
- Easy to apply

CONS:
- I don't like how the liquid looks orange-y. It tends to oxidize a bit too.
- Expensive.
- Although the pump 'locks' if you switch it to the left, it can unlock easily and make a mess if carried in a purse or bag. Also, the glass bottle is not very convenient.

Overall, i like it but when it is finished I don't think I would purchase it again mostly due to the stiff price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I like this foundation, but not as much as Studio Sculpt, although MatchMaster is more natural-looking and sheer compared to Studio Sculpt. In Studio Sculpt I currently wear an NC20 (or a C2 in MAC's F&B/MNSF in Medium, for reference in other brands: Missha Perfect Cover in #21, tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation in Light-Medium Sand, Revlon ColorStay in #180 Sand Beige, GA Luminous Silk in 4.5, NARS The Radiant Cream foundation in Fiji, Revlon Nearly Naked in #130 Shell and DiorSkin Forever Flawless Compact in #21 Linen) and in the MatchMaster foundation I wear 2.0 - which matches my yellow undertones well. I also bought 1.5 which is just a touch too light but works fine for winter time.

The coverage is in the medium range, but it does allow some of your skin to show through, and I often sheer this out with lotion or by itself to a light coverage. It can also be easily built up to cover most imperfections. The finish is a beautiful soft, natural matte. I don't usually use powder on top of this, but will wear primer underneath to keep t-zone shine at bay. The texture is easy to work with too - very silky, easy to spread or buff into skin. I normally use a buffing brush to apply this, fingers or a sponge and it looks good regardless of what I use to apply it - although I think the warmth from hands makes it look more natural and sheer. I also use it around my eyes without any irritation or problems. No breakouts or clogged pores on rest of skin. It lasts all day (at least 8+ hours) with no separating, or patchiness. I do still have to touch up/blot with powder after about 5 hours due to shine on my nose or forehead in the summer - but I have to do that regardless of what product I use. It does however, maintain a matte finish longer than most other foundation I use. In photographs, there was no flashback and my skin looked perfect (although I'm not sure how this would work for darker skin tones).

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the weird scent - a bit like paint, but it's not strong. Reminds me of Revlon's ColorStay and honestly I'd rather smell the ingredients than some strong, migraine-inducing fragrance. I would recommend this to those with oily or combination skin looking for light to medium natural looking coverage. This formula may be a bit to drying/too matte for those with drier skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by jasminekeys

I love this foundation. I'm very pale, with sort of weird reddish undertones, and it's the first thing I found that matches my skin tone perfectly (I use the 1.0). It also looks really good on my skin- it doesn't even look like I have a medium-to-full coverage foundation on. One $35 bottle will last me a year, so it's good price-wise too. I have very troublesome skin (acne-prone, super sensitive, lots of red) and this erases all of that. It also builds and blends really well. I don't really notice a chemical smell, and it looks fantastic.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by carpenox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was just colour matched at the MAC Counter. I was matched 1.0 (which was too yellow for me). This stuff smells like chemicals- and not in a good way. The smell was still bothering me an hour later.

I went to the counter asking for help as I have a hard time colour matching (i'm very fair). I have combo skin and this was the makeup which was recommended too me.

As far as coverage, it has a medium to full coverage. Demi-matt finish, which was nice. The girl at MAC put it on me without a primer and it sunk into every line and pore on my face. So it'd probably be a lot better with a primer.

This stuff felt caked on- but didn't look it. It felt rather drying around my nose as well.

In all honesty the first thing I did when I got home was wash it off. I wear glasses and the amount that had rubbed off where my glasses sit was fairly disappointing as well. If I was to continue wearing, I would have already had to touch up under my glasses after an hour and a half.

Definitely not for me at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Beccahgibbo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry and spot prone skin which is an odd combination but hey ho, I am also very fair and even the foundations in nc15 are a little too dark for me , however this foundation in the colour 1.0 is the perfect match for me, I love the finish of this foundation and I don't find it cakey at all as I find other mac foundations. It's about medium to full coverage and build able . It covers the redness in my skin but not all of my blemishes so I use the studio fix concealer over my blemishes and set it all with the studio fix powder .