July 22, 2014 | 2085 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by fionavirginia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm only familiar with 2 MAC liquid foundations, the Matchmaster and the Pro Longwear because I wear them. I haven't tried other liquid foundations by MAC. Out of those 2, the Matchmaster is definitely my favourite. First of all, the shade is not like a typical MAC foundations of NC or NW, it is a blend of the two tones, so (according to the MUAs at both the MAC counters in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur), the formula is designed to adjust to our skin tones as close as possible by itself. I'm an NC30 so the MUA matched me with the shade 3.0, and it's the perfect shade. Second of all, the bottle contains more product (1.2 fl oz instead of 1 fl oz). I like that.
Now the performance. I love the finish, it's demi-matte, yet it feels just right, and it's not heavy and cakey looking. I like the medium and buildable coverage, it makes it my #1 choice of foundation for special occasions. I'm planning to wear this on a friend's Bali wedding next week. I love how it blends quite easy, but it dries fast, so although it is easy to blend, you have to do it quickly. I find that the best way to apply it is with a damp sponge / beauty blender.
The staying power of this foundation is amazing. It is even longer than the Pro Longwear that claims to be "long wearing". On my normal-oily combination skin, it lasts a good 8-9 hours, with little blots on the t-zone 2-3x. Matte finish that lasts a long time? It's close to perfection in my book!
The best thing about this foundation is that it doesn't break me out at all. Would definitely repurchase. Overall rating I'd give 4,5 out of 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by selenium89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this foundation for night time use because it has a mattifying effect. I find that it is too heavy for daytime wear. I have dry skin and I do notice cakiness around my nose(driest area for me) when I wear this foundation. Subsequently it is not very suited for dry skin but I find that my skin tolerates it better during the summer months. I'm a NC15 and I got this in the lightest shade, it still feels a bit dark for me though.
Oh and don't use flash photography whilst wearing this foundation!! I had a group photo taken of me at a party and I looked like a GHOST compared to the rest of the people! I have naturally fair skin but I'm not even kidding when I say that my head looked like it didn't even belong to my body! If you want a foundation that will photograph well go for one without SPF in it!
Apart from that I actually really like the flawless coverage that this foundation offers!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by lessismore3

I had high hopes for this MAC foundation, I have heard so much about the MAC offering and was keen to give it a go compared to the brands I have been trying from Mecca (Aussie equivalent of Sephora). Left a chalky looking finish, smelt intense and chemical-like and just sat on top of the skin. Good coverage but looks unnatural. I'm not a fan of how it oxidizes (gets darker)- whatever colour it goes to doesn't match me (I got 1.5 which I felt was too light for me but it oxidizes to an orange color). This foundation also photographs TERRIBLY and looks like someone has drawn on your face with white chalk in photos. I also have acne-prone skin and developed pimples from this foundation... Overall disappointing. Not recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by juelzmain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For starters my shade is 7.5...I was matched in the store by a MUA and I thought the color was a good match for me, I tend to be lighter on my cheeks than my forehead and chin and this foundation evens out everything without making the darker parts of my face look ashy. The MUA reccomended this foundation for ppl with oily skin who were looking to get a matte finish,to me this is semi matte but it does hold up well in my shiny skin...I wore this foundation to the club and I danced and got hot sweaty and sticky yet when I went home and wiped my face I still had to use 2 makeup wipes to get everything off, the power stay was beyond anything I've tried. I think paired with the mineralize skin finish natural this foundation will hold up against anything. its very transfer resistent and I don't have to worry about getting foundation gunk on my phone screen or cases and even through sweating you can count on this to last. my skin is extremely oily as in I can wash my face and sit around the house with no products on and get oily within 2 hours. The primer I use with this is the no.7 shine free primer I found at target which I think is now discontinued, the Concealer is Mac select cover up and finishing powder is Mac mineralize skin finish, all these products together leave me with a flawless face, this is actually up there with my cover girl queen flawless 3 in 1 foundation and to me it definately surpasses MUFE mat velvet (I'm shade 80) I reccomend this foundation to oily skinned girls who want a nice matte finish and great staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by gypsyqueen1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

About a month ago I ordered Mac Matchmaster Foundation in NC30/3.0 and its amazing! My skin is extremely oily and I have a very difficult time finding something that will stay put but also something that will match my skin tone. At first I was a little skeptical but after brushing it on and setting it with powder my skin looks flawless! It has buildable coverage, too so if I happen to have a zit or two its covered. It also looks incredibly natural with a semi-matte finish. I feel like I'm not wearing make up and it looks like I'm bare faced! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

So far the best foundation ive ever tried. Im using 5.0 (NC42) for referrence. The color perfectly matched my skin no need to set it off with loads of powder (for heavier coverage) the color truly adjusted to my skintone.However after a couple of hours I still find my T-zone area oily and have to use blotting paper. The packaging is different from studio fix I like the pump bottle style it helps you control the amount of product you want to use will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After liking Pro Longwear but wanting a lighter feeling, easier to remove liquid I tried this. Pro Longwear in NW20 is a bit too peachy and light but works ok in winter so was first matched to 2.0 but returned for 1.5 - great match and appears on the skin pretty neutral and with a light feel and medium, natural coverage. BUT - after only 2 days, cystic acne! My skin is pretty clear and I was sad. The only MAC foundation or powder product I have ever been able to use is the Pro Longwear and Blot powder. Too bad, I liked the shade, feel and coverage very much.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by olia041983

At first I thought I loved it but I realized its way too yellow and obvious on my skin! Believe it or not Revlon whipped foundation is so much better

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by itseverlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Background on my skin: I am medium toned with yellow/olive undertones, my skin is normal to dry and am prone to have dry patches.

I bought this foundation and the lady at the counter matched me to 5.0. I like the texture of this product, it seemed silky and smooth and it blended into my skin nicely.
The coverage is medium but can be built up to a heavy coverage, I usually only wear it when I am going out or to dinner with friends to have a flawless look. It lasts pretty well during the night but after 4 hours, I can see it fading.
The problem I get with it, is that when I get my photo taken, I receive a chalky sort of look in the photos. I don't know whether I've been matched wrong or it's the product.
I'm pretty mediocre with the product, I wouldn't buy it again.. I would probably invest in their Pro Longwear foundations next time since I know what colour I am.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ghardingwhite

I have been using MAC Prolongwear foundation happily for the past few years but after getting a new job in London (using London underground) i found my foundation would melt off and look really shiny by the end of the day! I really really hate looking shiny.

I bought Matchmaster foundation last week online, I'm usually a NC15 and asked the online chat what colour to buy. She advised a 2.0, personally i thought i looked more like a 1.0 so bought the 1.5. (In the middle haha)

The first thing i noticed is how orange the colour was, I was a little taken aback. However once applied to my face I admit it didn't look too bad, but still a tad too orange for my fair skin. I would say this foundation is for more warmer toned people?

Ignoring the colour, I love the way it makes my skin look, it evens out my skin and makes my skin look flawless! It lasts for a long period of time and with powder on top doesn't go shiny! Since using this foundation I've also noticed my skin has been a lot clearer, so it doesn't break me out.

For people with dry skin, I wouldn't recommend as it tends to stick to dry patches. When I have slight dry skin I use MAC BB cream underneath, I find it helps to prevent the sticking to dry skin.

Next time round I think I'm going to buy the 1.0 to see what difference it makes, hopefully wont be so orange!