September 23, 2014 | 1840 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by redaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this about 2 years ago. I have good skin and rarely need to use foundation so I only used it when I was going out. At first I was pleased with it but as time went on I realised that this product was making my face itch and break out... and it seemed to get worse the more I used it. I eventually threw it in the bin. I am writing this now because today I used a makeup brush which I forgot I had once used with this product and now my face is itching and burning terribly. I hate this product with a burning passion! God knows what's in it but I have never had this reaction with any product before. Horrible horrible stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Ok, I've always resisted the mineral makeup fad. But I was at a beauty boutique one day and picked this up on impluse because I just had to see for myself!
When I bought this, I was a C3 in MAC and now I'm a NC35-37 because i got a tan during my last vacation. I thought the color match really didn't matter though when it came to this product because it is just so sheer. I'll admit, it does look nice on for the first 30 minutes or so.. until the make up slides right off and you're left wearing nothing at all! (I found a solution to this problem, I'll share with you in a moment).
I did love the natural look and feel it delivered but I was NOT impressed with its poor staying power. Oh and it made my face look greasy as it faded away.

I did find a way to make this foundation stick though. I also wanted this to give me medium coverage rather than light.
And here is now I apply this now;
1. gently wet a face brush (stippling brush will be best, BE's baby buki brush will do too)- If you're not sure how much you should wet your brush, just spritz on one spritz of water on to the bottom of your bristles.
2. tap out a little bit of the foundation onto the plastic lid and buff your brush into it.
3. You'll see that the foundation becomes creamy while doing this. Keep buffing, you want the foundation to be still moist while you put it on your face but well buffed into your brush.
4. No need to tap.
5. Buff onto your face in circula motions and small strokes. Whatever you gotta do to blend this.
6. You'll notice that your brush will dry pretty fast, so you'll have to repeat this one more time to the get the other half of the face. I really don't recommend wetting and buffing too much product at once because you'll just end up looking cakey. Doing it little by little gives you a more nautral buildable coverage.

Anyways, I mix more product/ a bit less water to double this as concealer for problem spots after I finish my entire face.

When you're happy with everything else, do your blush and bronzer as usual and set with a finishing powder. Their mineral veil is ok but I think MUFE's HD power is better.

Anyways, when I run out of this product, I'll probably buy it again because it is a nice go-to product for quickly brushing on powder to run out of the house for quick errands. Just mix it with water and stipple/brush on like liquid foundation if you want staying power and more coverage.

Oh yeah and BE's brushes are horrible. Aside from the fact they shed like crazy it's just not a very good quality product.
I recommend getting a really nice face brush (from MAC or Shu Uemura) if you're gonna stick with this kind of foundation that requires brushing it on. Trust me, it makes a HUGE difference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Do not buy if you have pink undertones like me. This foundation gave sheer coverage, stayed put, but also dried out my skin and highlighted odd patches. Even though it never broke me out, I would not buy again because of the color match/dryness issues.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Betty24

This foundation has never broken me out and gives me medium coverage that lasts around 5 hours for me. I've also been told that this foundation gives me a "glow." Like any mineral foundation, it pays to use a light hand when applying.

I do have mixed feelings about the color selections available. I have yellow undertones to my skin and I feel like the color seems to oxidize over time and looks more and more pinkish as the day goes on. However, strangely enough it still photographs well without looking pinkish...For now I will continue to use this because this is the best foundation that I have tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by fyamaguchi888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

BareMinerals foundation was the first mineral foundation I ever tried. I purchased my starter kit about 3 years ago & found that it was easy to apply.
I don't care for that heavy coverage look so this was perfect. The brushes that came in the kit are a whole different story. If you purchase the starter kit & decide that you like BareMinerals enough to purchase it again...I would definitely suggest purchasing a higher quality brush. It will give you that flawless look & blend into your skin much better than when using the BareEscentuals Kabuki or all over face brush.
I have sensitive skin & I never broke out using BareMinerals. I recently started using MAC Mineralized Loose Foundation powder, which I prefer. It covers my rosacea a litte better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using bare minerals for about 4 or 5 years and I could never go back to liquid foundation. Every now and then I think I need more coverage and I go out searching for a liquid foundation that doesn't look like a mask. I have tried and returned just about every foundation out there. Most recently...nars sheer glow. Of all the liquids I have tried, I liked this best. However, the finish, as with all the liquid foundations I have tried, is so unnatural looking. I will be sticking with bare minerals!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by olivedgreen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I used to use this all over my face as my primary foundation, but I found that it kind of made my face itch as the day wore on. It didn't aggravate the blemishes I already had, and it didn't make me break out as much as other foundations I've tried. I still got the occasional cystic acne though. I don't use it all over my face anymore, just as a setting powder for my concealer - I didn't want this to go to waste. After I use it up, I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by mel0974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I keep coming back because it is the only thing that does not make me break out!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by barenaturale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am medium skin tone with neutral-slight olive undertones with black hair. I have been using this for 4 years and love this product. I have only tried one other mineral foundation, Laura Mercier, but found that one to have too much of a "pink" undertone. This matches my skin perfectly! It is lightweight, you really don't feel like you're wearing anything. I won't go back to liquid!

Packaging is a miss, but I believe by the end of the year most all of the containers should have the new sifter jar. The amount is a great value as you can use one jar for a long time (I only use this about 3-4 times a week). I still have my get started kit foundation from 4 years ago.

I've also recently discovered a new use for this product. I'd always heard of people mixing foundation with moisturizer for a tinted moisturizer and tried doing that with my bareMinerals foundation. It is perfect! I've started using a layer of my "tinted moisturizer" then layering on top one or 2 layers of bareMinerals. The coverage is fantastic and better than not doing this! Before I had trouble covering a few blemish spots (I use the summer bisque too, not the best), and the "tinted moisturizer" I made helps cover it up a lot better than the summer bisque!

My only complaint is that with the original formula, you get this glow, which is great for cheeks, but bad if you have oilier areas, for me, it is my forehead, t-zone, nose, so I've started placing a thin layer of the matte formula in those areas. That's the only reason I didn't give this 5 lippies, it they made a formula in between the 2 that would be great!

Edit: Now that I am lighter than I was last summer, I've found that Light matches better than the medium beige.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by glomendoza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HA! Flawless skin? I had really high expectations for this foundation and i was very disappointed! It looks like somebody barfed glitter all over your face in outdoor lighting. It doesnt blend flawlessy. It is so completely overrated. SAve your money and buy Loreals mineral makeup instead. ALSO! the packaging sucks. it spills everywhere if your not careful with it... and the brushes will go hard if you dont buy their specific brush cleaner which i think is completely sneaky of them. Seriously. I gave it a 2 because it wasnt the absolute WORSE but for the price i would expect soooo much more.