November 26, 2014 | 1655 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I'll go ahead and jump right into. My skin type is combination, acne-prone. I live in a humid climate and work as a nanny and part time waitress, I'm constantly on my feet, so I need a foundation that lasts. I also have slight hyper pigmentation from old acne that gets redder at that TOM. So, let me Lyell you a little about this foundation. Coverage:Beautiful medium-full when first applied. Looks airbrushed, yet very seamless. It gives skin a very velvety finish. Color Match:I'm very yellow toned and 3.2 is an excellent match for me, until it oxidizes and makes me look like I painted my whole face orange. It oxidizes on me within the first hour of wear. Lasting Power: How can they even say this lasts 15 hours?? I've used light foundations that don't claim to be long wearing that last wayyyyy longer than this foundation. This starts sliding off my face within an hour or two, causing horribly ugly patches. The coverage becomes that of an orange tinted moisturizer. I've tried it with primer, without primer, with different powders. The result is all the same. Did it break me out?: This is one of its only redeeming factors, it had no adverse effects on my skin. I have quite sensitive skin. I would not repurchase this or wish it upon my worst enemy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by anb123321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only used this product for 4 days now and so far so good, the only thing I'm concerned about is that I broke out within those few days. I'm not sure if it was the product itself or just my skin freaking out to a new product.
With that being said, I do like it. It feels very natural and the color is great. It covers all of my red areas. The only thing I dont like is that it doesn't cover my blemishes all the way and I have to keep layering concealer even after the foundation but overall,its a good product and I would recommend it to someone who has discoloration and someone who wants a natural finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by WormEatsBird

Love smashbox even more now that they're cruelty free. I use this foundation everyday, my color is 2.1 which is light with yellow undertones.
I apply this with a buffer brush after I prime with Smashbox photo primer, and I set with Palladio rice powder. I literally only need to touch up my forehead once a day where my bangs are!! Medium to full coverage, and I believe I get less oily with this on. It is hefty for $42 dollars, Comes in a nice glass pump bottle. I use 2 pumps for my whole face, I will say It is a tinsy bit thick, but there is no scent what so ever. I also like that there is SPF in this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by palermo23

I actually had this product given to me. I never really wore liquid foundation, but I decided to give this stuff a shot and I am so glad I did. It provides decent coverage. Medium to full, but you can build it up. I find on my skin, it honestly lasts the whole day with no need for touch ups. I use a little concealer for any spots that need coverage and a bit of powder on top and I am good to go for the day! If you are looking for a good foundation, I would highly recommend this product! I will defiantly buy this when my current bottle runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by KieraProbert

I bought this as a substitute for my MAC face and body. (Which I love, but it makes me breakout all the time) It covers everything and stays put for hours! It also covers redness very well. I recommend it, especially to younger people (like me) who want to cover breakouts and such horrors. Good job smashbox! Tip: use it with any smashbox primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Bafisher13

Love this ... Was upset about revlon colorstay changing there formula and this stuff obviously is by far much better.. Price is high but it's worth it .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

Wow, I have finally found my HG winter foundation. Last spring I switched to EL Double Wear, and knew that I had found something special. I used it all through the summer with great flawless results and loved every moment of wearing it. As the weather started to change, so did my skin (which tends to get drier in the colder months) and I noticed that the DW started to make me look dry and dull. I was super bummed, and started my hunt for a new foundation.

After doing some research and watching some YouTube videos, I tested Smashbox at Ulta and loved the feel and results I got in the store. I was a little apprehensive though because of the price and how for me things typically appear better in the store than what the results I get at home.

The next day I applied the foundation over my Laura Mercier radiance primer with my Sephora mineral foundation brush and thankfully had a beautiful flawless face! For reference my skin has dark spots and redness as well as some acne scars. In addition to that, I also have some fine lines around my eyes and deeper lines on my forehead. This did not accentuate these flaws in any way, the foundation actually blurred them.

Throughout the day, the foundation holds up on my skin and did not oxidize, which is a huge plus as well. I cannot stand applying foundation, loving it, and then a couple hours later I look like an orange disco ball. I am actually thinking about doing a YouTube review and application (never have done this before) because I actually love the product so much. I am a 2.4 and it is a perfect match for my skin (I continue to keep a slight tan using Fake Bake's flawless tanning liquid twice a week).

Hopefully this review was helpful. I will definitely repurchase when I run out. (Sidenote: I actually dropped my first bottle on my tile floor in my bathroom. The bottom cracked off and left it unusable, I went out that day and purchased a new one. LOL)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Syd1382

This foundation is great!! It doesn't make me oily and it even minimizes my oil. It has light to medium coverage but it's build able without looking cakey. It covers my breakouts when my face acts out too! I love smashbox and I love this foundation:)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Lisaachristine1

I recently switched from Mac foundations.. and I will say I haven't been breaking out as much and it has pretty good coverage, its just really thick.. overall I would buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I recently just switched to this foundation from Estee Lauder's Doublewear. I want to love it, because the shade (4.2) is absolutely perfect for me, but I just can't seem to. It exaggerates my pores and is extremely hard to blend. I find myself needing 3 pumps just to cover my face. But, I do like the packaging. I absolutely adore foundations with pumps and the bottle is slim enough to fit into my makeup bags with ease. Also, I don't find that the packaging takes up most of the space, which is the case with most high-end foundations.

To me, this foundation gives a medium-full coverage, and I just go over problem spots with a bit more of the foundation on a concealer brush. However, it just sits on my acne, which has been acting up recently, making my pimples look bigger and more noticeable. It doesn't keep my oil at bay as long as Doublewear does, but it still does an alright job.

All in all, I would say that this foundation would be good if you don't suffer from acne or very oily skin. However, I don't think it's worth the money.

EDIT: So I blended this out with my fingers and found that it was much easier to blend! It also gave a more natural coverage, more sheer to medium, and didn't cake up in my pores. It probably needed the warmth to help blend it in properly.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No