April 17, 2014 | 1745 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by ByCharlotte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have super dry dehydrated skin and I'd say texture is my biggest problem, along with redness - thankfully I tried this foundation! This is my go to foundation for work. It provides perfect coverage with a nice clean finish with super long wear. If you're like me and love a glow-y foundation look, this, in my experience at least, isn't the the most suited foundation. You can count on this to make you look polished and matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mickansley123

I love this foundation for my dry skin! It's lasts forever and keeps me hydrated without flaking. I have a sort of olive complexion so it works great for me but to anyone who has a pink or white undertone, I would not recommend this product. Also, I got this at Bella Donna when they had a sale on all smash box items! It only cost me $25!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by LindaKarina

So this is my primary foundation. I have many but this is my "go to" it's a good coverage and long lasting. I always have to reapply by the afternoon but I think that's just me. It's not heavy and doesn't give you a cakey feel. A little really does go along way. But when they lady sold it to me she said it'd last me 8 months which was a lie for a good coverage. Maybe 8 months for someone who likes a sheer coverage but me that likes to be heavy covered it lasted me 5 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lizg629

I hate this foundation. I am so upset that it cost so much money. Anyway, I went to the department store looking for a nice foundation and was directed toward this one. I had hesitation because nearly all foundations in this line have yellow undertones (I am not yellow) and then women insisted that i was yellow. It looked okay when she applied it at the store so I purchased it. I tried it a few days later and it looked horrible on my skin! It's too yellow, it looks like a mask and it smells so bad. I hate this product and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Not worth the money

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by IUPgrad2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i wouldn't buy this again for anything...

absolute WORST foundation ive used...and I've used some bad ones...didn't last on my face any longer than 2 hours max....

im oily, but this made me look very disgustingly more oilier than normal.

colors orange out... not worth the money...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by bamagirl417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fair skin with yellow undertones and extreme combination skin. We're talking skin visibly peeling in the dry areas and the BP oil spill in the T-zone (I'm allowed to say that... I live in Alabama). My face is so acne-prone it breaks out if you look at it the wrong way. It's truly a fantastic mix. Honestly, I never thought I would find ANY foundation that didn't make me look like a greasy Oompa-Loompa at the end of the day, because for some reason makeup manufacturers seem to think that everyone has a tinge of ORANGE in their skin.

I stumbled on this foundation by accident because I tried another foundation (High Definiton Healthy FX) from this brand and positively HATED it and only used the whole bottle because I wasn't going to waste all that money. At this point, I've tried just about every brand I can think of and was getting frustrated, so I just grabbed this foundation in a tone that seemed logical (1.2 Warm Fair) and got out of there before I changed my mind.

OMG. I unwittingly grabbed my HG. This is why:
1.) The tone matched my weirdo skin perfectly. There was no difference in tone between my face and the rest of me.
2.) I think I looked in the mirror about one million times a day the first week I was wearing it expecting it to have turned orange. It did not.
3.) The oil in my skin doesn't ruin it like it does most foundations-- The makeup starts out dry enough that the oil actually helps it blend in my skin and look glow-y and pretty instead of shiny.
4.) They weren't lying about the transfer-free thing. I can put my face on anything I want (I don't, though; that's weird) and I don't see any beige stuff on the surface later.
5.) They also totally weren't lying about that 15 hour thing. Holy cow. One time I put it on at 6:30 AM, forgot to wipe it off before Zumba class that evening (yeah, I was totally THAT girl), and it was still pretty flawless until I showered it off at like, 8:30.

I only have two semi-complaints:
1.) The pump is fantastic because it's sanitary and my face goes into DEFCON 1 if germs join the party. However, it also pretty much ensures that you aren't going to get all of the product out at the end, which kind of sucks because...
2.) HOLY COW, this stuff is expensive! Well, for me at least. But I guess it's worth it considering this bottle is 8 weeks old and still 1/3 full because I don't have to use much of it.

Also, I keep knocking the bottle off my counter which causes pieces of glass to chip off and hide somewhere in my bathroom, but I'm pretty sure that's just my fault for being a klutz.

Regardless, this works fantastically for MY skin. Your mileage may vary, but I'm in love with it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Combo, dehydrated, ultra-sensitive, very acne-prone skin.
NC15-20/very yellow/olive, Almay Buff, Revlon CS Buff, Lancome Teint Idole Buff 2 (W), MUFE HD 117

I went with 2.1, the closest match but certainly not a great one. It blended ok shade-wise, there was no obvious difference but it looked slightly off. I really thought this would be what I've been looking for. Long-wear foundations tend to be for oily skin and while my t-zone can get pretty shiny, my skin is too dehydrated to deal with anything even slightly drying so the hydrating claims on top of being long-wearing drew me in. Neither claim was true :(
I tried multiple application methods but all left me with light-med coverage that looked cakey and fake and patchy on dry spots. After applying, as it started to set, it felt very tight. I could feel this just sucking the moisture right out of my skin and sure enough, a quick look in the mirror proved that my face looked like the Sahara. Even Revlon CS doesn't feel like that. Not only was my face dried up, the makeup itself had seemingly disappeared. I know it didn't, I could feel it (heavy!) but there was no sign of coverage at all left.

So, a big fat NO from me on this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by eksims

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for almost a year and am on my third bottle. I love this foundation. I've tried a couple different things in-between bottles, including Make up forever HD foundation, and Bare Minerals (which I did NOT like). It doesn't feel like makeup is on, it melts right in, no lines or anything. I do use my fingers to apply as I do not like using a brush or sponge. It lasts all day if I use a powder, and about 9 hours without a powder. I would say it is a light-medium coverage, but I can put on two layers for a medium-full coverage, but with powder it is perfect with one layer. I use the smash box primer with it and it works well.
I do not like the packaging. When you get to the bottom, be sure to unscrew the pump and scrape the sides! I had another weeks worth just sitting on the bottom and on the sides. I prefer a squeeze tube for this reason, but it would never be a reason for me to not buy again. One bottle lasts me 3 months. This one has got me hooked!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Cheerhottiexoxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation wasn't the best for myself. First off my skin is medium oily more like teenage oily but no acne, this foundation claims to be hydrating but made my face so dry. This clung to dry patches and made them look awful & hard to blend out the foundation. The main part that drew me into buying this was it was yellow toned & was long wearing certainly not the price not to mention. The long wear part about this is true it does stay on with it's medium to full build able coverage. The problem with this foundation is I think the smash box company wanted to make it long wearing so there really is no moisturizing affect or oil part about it they just need to find balance between long wear and hydrating. Also another part about this foundation is it can make you a bit flat looking , if you're looking for a more dewy foundation this isn't for you. Last but not least the packaging also drew me in , it had a pump and was sleek looking. But this isn't worth a whopping 45$ revlon colorstay is probably a bit better then this

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by anabolina

I really don't have the best luck with high priced foundations. I tried MAC Studio Fix and it broke me out and I tried a LancĂ´me which was immediately discontinued. grrr. Now I've tried Studio Skin and it broke me out with a lovely cystic under the skin zit. It's big and painful. :( I would also say I was disappointed with the coverage. It took a lot of product to build any coverage. I applied it over a smashbox primer and with a Real Techniques buffing brush. When that didn't work I used my fingers and while I got more coverage, it still left even my lightest acne scars looking very obvious. I guess I'd compare the coverage to Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation, the new one, not the old one which I liked. Buildable, but light to medium coverage.

I don't think f my skin as particularly oily, it combo with dryness and an oily t-zone. This stuff disappeared within 4 hours. I checked my face at lunch and it was gone. At least it didn't go patchy. I did apply it with some of the Elf HD powder to help it stay. Nope, no going there. I will say that it works better with a different primer. The MUA at Ulta applied it with a different primer under and while she used at least 3 pumps on half my face, it did last from 3 PM to after 10 PM. I don't remember what she used though and with the breakout(which I suppose could have been the primer even though I'm blaming this based on how many other people ion here it broke out) and disappointing second day performance, I took it back to the store.