July 26, 2014 | 1473 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Candy EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by passion4fashion

The bottle is gorgeous but that is where the compliments end for me. I enjoy sweet foodie scents and was expecting that from this fragrance but more sophisticated since this is Prada but this perfume smelled very "mature". None of the vanilla or sweet notes came through. The opening note was alcohol and it dried down to musky baby powder. I am very sensitive to scents and this one triggered a headache almost instantly.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by marquita19

I don't own this but I am drawn to it every time I go to the department store. Usually I am not a fan of vanilla scents, but this one smelled so sophisticated to me so I sprayed some on my wrist and wore it the whole day. Every time I would get whiffs of it, it was heaven. Well the second time I sprayed this on me, I loved the smell but noticed I was getting so nauseaous. I didn't know what was getting me sick until I scrubbed this off and my sickness was gone. So I rated this a 3 because I do like the way it smells but it makes me sick :( I think someone that can tolerate vanillas would really enjoy this. Of all the perfumes I've ever tried this is the first to get me sick.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't love this. But my husband does and he got this and Flowerbomb for me for Valentine's Day. I hate Flowerbomb so that graciously got returned, as I convinced him I only needed one perfume for Valentine's Day. This is a very sweet fragrance, uncomplicated, it smells like vanilla and sugar. It reminds me of Luv's Baby Soft. It's not my thing. BUT, again, the husband really likes it. So I wear it for him. I put away my Black Orchid, since today marks the change from winter to spring, and I'll smell like a vanilla scented candle until winter returns.

Edited: I used it 3 times, 3 days in a row, and now I have a blistered raised rash on my neck and left wrist where I sprayed the product. I am generally not sensitive to any products, have no environmental allergies, and am tolerant of just about everything, so to have a breakout from a perfume is incredibly weird. The lady at Nordstrom said it might be from the vanilla, but I've never had a reaction to Vanilla before. Hat's off to nordstrom for taking it back with no complaint. Now I'm just waiting for the rash to go away.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by cpkgirl1116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I cant believe this perfume has grown on me. I used to hate it due to the fact its called 'Candy' but mainly smells like vanilla mixed w/fabric softener which makes this fragrance very soft & airy. Heck for $65 for a 1oz bottle I grew to like it! Lasts about 5 hours, depending on your bodily activites. The smell is addictive you'll wanna spray your fresh dried laundry with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love it, it's sweet but warm and kind. For me it's not the typical candy sweet scent, but more of a refined and unique scent. It also dries down beautifully, a creamy sweet scent.
However I do agree that, for the price, the lasting power isn't the best (on me, about 4 hours).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ctome

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally don't like sweet fragrances but tried it anyway (received a sample from an Ulta brochure). It smelled just okay when I first rubbed it on but by the end of the day, I just couldn't stop smelling it. The base notes are wonderful on my skin and I was so surprised at how feminine it smelled on me. I guess it just worked well with my body chemistry. This is the only fragrance that I can spray on all over without getting nauseated (I am one of those that can smell fragrances that I apply in the morning all day, unlike most people).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's been a long time since I've been this determined to get a fragrance. I received a sample in a Nordstrom shipment several weeks ago and have been obsessed! I drove as soon as I could to Ulta and scolded them for having a dry empty tester I thought that was a good sign. It's vanilla and sweet but somehow not offensive. I love the little bottle I got the smaller of the 2 sizes. I am 48 and I usually wear "safe" fragrances like Chanel no 5 eau premiere or Oscar de la Renta. It's my first step into Prada world.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Sweet and warm. I love it, a friend gave me her bottle because she didn't like it on her, and she complained the scent didn't last long on her.But I feel differently, it lasts for a few hours on me.I'm really excited I was gifted this perfume,when it runs out, I will definitely buy a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by SteelerChikcX6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just received this perfume as a gift, after of course smelling and spraying it countless times in various department stores. I am so happy I have this! The smell is beautiful, not too young or not too old for myself, a 22 year old professional. I love the vanilla notes of this. I was a bit hesitant of purchasing because a LOT of people say that the scent simply does not last. For me personally, I put in on at 7:00 this morning and now, 9 hours later, I can still smell it strong. So even if I did take the chance and purchased for myself, it would turn out to be a good investment! As far as the lasting power, I just spray as soon as I get out of the shower, let it dry, and then dress. It may just have to do with your body chemistry as well! So I would reccommend giving Prada Candy a try. Even for the smell alone. Its lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Jorid

A sophisticated sweet scent, who would have thought! Prada Candy smells like caramelized sugar, its girly and sweet without ever stepping over in the celebrity-scent range. I love it for those days I want to wear something fun and uncomplicated, but still want to feel somehow classic and polished.