Prada Candy EDP

3.5

Prada Candy is a new fragrance by Prada to be launched in August 2011. The composition includes an elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance.

on 10/24/2013 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I dont know what it is about my body chemistry (or perhaps the batch of perfume I got) but my bottle of Prada Candy smells very...primal on me. all musk and benzoin. i purchased at my local von maur (for its ridiculous price) I got the largest size because i loved the way a sample I received dried down on me. I do enjoy the smell. I find myself using the tiniest amount and then layering it with something overtly sweet. i sometimes scent my wood dresser and closet with it. Im a bit disappointed that I do not detect the caramel or fruity notes at all...but I cant deny how it smells on me. animalic, carnal, of a dry forest on a hot afternoon. oh, and i really enjoy the bottle.

on 10/16/2013 1:33:00 PM

I thought I was going to like this, but it smelled sweet, cloying and cheap. I couldn't detect any caramel or vanilla.

on 9/21/2013 6:01:00 PM

Despite my love of perfume and frequent trips to Sephora, "Candy" only recently registered on my olfactory radar. I think it was a combination of the name, which for me is kind of a turn off and the bottle. Both have a cheap, plastic teeny-bopper feel. The bottle and name belie the sophisticated, gourmand scent inside. If you are familiar with Jessica Simpson's, "Fancy," then you have a good idea as to what "Candy" smells like, namely carmel and vanilla. In comparison to "Fancy," "Candy" has a much more sophisticated feel. The caramel scent is muted as a opposed to in your face. The major issue I have with "Candy" is the price tag. It's rather steep for a scent with reported problems with longevity. I recommend choosing "Fancy" if a sweet gourmand scent appeals to you. The differences between these scents fade in time faster than the damage to your credit card when purchasing a scent from Prada.

on 9/13/2013 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This product is very expensive, I do not like the staying power of the perfume or the fine mist that comes from it, I would like it if the spray was harsher so it would last longer on the skin. I think this is overpriced but also underrated for its smell, it smells gorgeous. Gorgeous doesn't even describe it, it smells like heaven! I reccommend this to anyone that likes sweet flowery, sugary smells such as Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Harajuku G by Gwen Stefani or Silk by Zara. I do not reccommend this to anyone that is easily sickened by sugary smells or anyone who does not like flower based perfumes. I give it a 4 out 5 stars because I am in love with the smell. But in a hatred relationship with the staying power.

on 9/6/2013 10:36:00 PM

Someone gave me this perfume as a gift; while it was nice to receive it, I don't think I would purchase it for myself again. Pros: this product lasts a fair amount of time post-application (2-3 hours with just 2 squirts) and comes in a gorgeous package. Cons: It smells a little bit too sweet (verging on cheap) for me!

on 9/5/2013 5:56:00 AM

Everyone has basically described the scent so i wont go on about it. I like the scent and the bottle but i'm quite disappointed it didn't last long like all my other perfumes.

This is my all time favourite perfume. I have been wearing it for over two years now and am on my second bottle. Yes, i know it is crazy expensive but it is worth every penny. The scent is freaking amazing and i find myself constantly smelling my wrist when i wear this. It smells like straight up caramel but it also has something slightly fruity to it. But maybe that is just my body chemistry... I love that this is not a fake and headache-y scent. I am very picky about perfume and even though this is sweet it is not crazy sugary and heavy. I get compliments on how good i smell every time i wear this perfume.
It is a subtle perfume (meaning it does not hit people in the face from across the room) but the staying power is pretty good. I usually do not have to re-apply it throughout the day.
The only reason i gave this perfume 4 stars instead of 5 is the packaging. I dont really like traveling with it or even putting it in my handbag because the head breaks off easily and i do not want the perfume to leak. But i do think it looks pretty cute :)
Now that fall is approaching, i am going to start wearing it again (i only wear this in the colder months, in the summer i prefer body spray) because it is a very cozy scent and i can not get enough of it! If you want to splurge on a good perfume and you love caramel, i highly recommend it.

on 8/18/2013 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this scent!Not for everyday though!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Musk, Caramel & Benzoin at a ridiculous price. Absolutely no benzoin or musk came out, but some sweetness did for a brief moment before it dissipated into thin air. Prada Candy seemed more like a body spray than a perfume for me. Packaging is cute and appealing for a certain demographic, and many enjoy this fragrance. It just doesn't work with my chemistry for it's longevity or mix. I feel there are many other gourmands on the market that are far better mixes to choose from whether on the low-end or high-end that will give you more bang for your buck.
There are only three notes to this fragrance: Top Note: Musk. Middle Note: Benzoin. Base Note: Caramel.

on 8/14/2013 1:09:00 AM

THIS PERFUME IS AMAZING, IT SMELLS SWEET AND ITS PERFECT FOR ME, I ALREADY FINISHED ONE BOTTLE AND NOW THE SECOND BOTTLE IS ABOUT TO RUN OUT, FOR ME THIS PERFUME IS THE BEST AND I GET COMPLEMENTS FROM EVERYONE ABOUT HOW GREAT IT SMELLS AND THAT IT FITS MY PERSIONALITY REALLY WELL.

Popular Fragrances