April 19, 2014 | 1718 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Natureluxe mousse mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

#1 this mascara does NOT need a seperate cleanser to remove. A regular gel cleanser while I'm cleaning the rest of my face does the trick.
#2 the color is fantastic and natural looking. I have this in black and it matches my own dark lashes to a tee. I'm switching to this as oppossed to my clear mascara for daily use, I love it that much !!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by onegoodcat

The product is too wet and heavy. My lashes stick together and the product takes a while to dry. It weighs my lashes down which reverses the curling my eyelash curler did. It makes them look spiky and straight. It just did not work for my lashes, but everyone is different.

****UPDATE**** This mascara is not so bad. I didn't use it for a while and started using it again because I lost my other mascara. Since the product's consistency got thicker with time and isn't so thin and runny anymore, it is so much easier to apply this on my lashes now. My lashes don't spike as much and look pretty decent. It's an OK mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by PitbullLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this mascara. This makes my lashes look really long and full. It doesn't clump. I have gotten a lot of comments lately on my eyes/lashes since I've started using this mascara. Love it, will definitley buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Im always walking around CVS looking for a new mascara to purchase and add to my collection. I own $30 buck mascaras and $5 ones! Many of all! I purchased this because it seemed like it would give me glossy lashes which is what I love, I love glossy wet looking lashes versus dry crispy looking spider legs (Diorshow).............
The only mascara that gave me really wet glossy lashes was Supernova by Fresh. NatureLuxe went beyond my expectations and gave me separated very natural looking very glossy lashes this definately is a soft looking daytime mascara!! This is what I wanted Clinique's Naturally Glossy mascara to be! I used Lancome's primer under this because since I discovered such an HG product I don't apply ANY mascara without it! Im really pleased and this is my first CoverGirl mascara............... I think............and Im very pleased
NatureLuxe did not irritate or sting my eyes which is also a plus and I will re purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by zukhra2011

pretty good i would say light weight, but takes a bit time to dry

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by bethy999

Well, I had high expectations for this as I read in Cosmopolitan that this mascara can be used to achieve the look of longer lashes. (Layering on coats, it kind of builds off the last application). I couldn't even get ONE application. It seems like a really wet mascara, and it takes forever to dry. I have super long eyelashes but this just makes them look short and undefined and stuck together like a uni-boob only eyelashes. Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by DieMyDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes, this mascara is lighter on your lashes...not as hard or crunchy as other formulas so I definitely had no flaking and no itching which the lashblast volume line and other mascaras seem to cause.
I did have some smudgies, but I wonder if the waterproof version of this would be better? The great thing is they wipe right off and don't show up unless i sweat or something to begin with.
You can layer on the coats of this without worrying about it getting gross after time dries this out... this is a very wet mascara so at first it's a bit much, but even after having it for a few weeks I have to let it dry then try to use my fingers to curl my lashes slightly...this won't hold a serious curl, but i don't have time for that in my routine anyway.
Pros: Rubber brush separates lashes. Lashes look darker, thicker and longer and feel lighter and more flexible than normal mascaras. No flakes. No itching. Will last for the whole tube. smudges erase very easily
Cons: takes longer to dry than other mascaras I've used, smudges at the first sign of moisture, very wet/too wet at first, doesn't hold curl well unless u wait until just the right time after applying et
considering how much i hate how all, and i mean ALL, mascaras smudge on me despite primer,etc...i love the fact that this wipes so clean so easily. no flakes or itching makes this perfect for me. i love that i can just layer and layer without them looking clownish clumpy or spidery. so great that my lashes dont crunch!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Covergirl's Natureluxe Mascara is a mousse mascara that claims to be 25% lighter than your average mascaras, because Covergirl removed the "heavy synthetic waxes" from their mascaras, and added "a touch of beeswax". Covergirl says the "light as air", mousse formula will give you "luxurious volume". This mascara is famous for the controversial add featuring Taylor Swift. Covergirl mascaras are hypoallergenic and opthalmologist tested. Covergirl manufactures their products in the US, and unfortunately, tests on animals. I purchased my tube of Natureluxe, in Very Black, at Ulta for $8.99 for .27fl oz, or 5g.
Packaging is only ok. You can tell Covergirl is really trying to push the image of this mascara as natural. The tube is a light minty green and features the Covergirl logo in blue writing. There's a little leafy design on the tube, that means its environmentally friendly and all natural, right? I like the size of the tube. It's not another huge tube that takes up too much of the precious room in my mascara drawer.
Natureluxe's brush is also a light minty green, at least before you dip it into the tube. It has rubber bristles that taper in towards the top. It's a good size for my eye shape, about an inch long. It's really not anything special. I do like that it's bristles aren't as sharp and scratchy as Lash Blast Volume's.
Natureluxe applies nicely with absolutely no clumping, even with as many as 3 coats. That's pretty boss. The formula has a soft, whipped, moussey texture as promised. It's super dark and pigmented.
At first I didn't like Natureluxe, but it turns out I was wearing it wrong. For optimal results, Natureluxe needs to be applies in two slow coats, allowed to partially dry in between. The results are really nice. Deep, dark, black lashes with a great amount of volume and length. Way better than what I expected. Natureluxe wears really well, no flakes or smudges at all, even in the greasy, hot kitchen. It's also true to its water resistant claim. Do you know how often I get splashed in the face with both water and grease, and this mascara stays put. #winning. Despite holding up wonderfully through the day, Natureluxe removes effortlessly with just a little bit of oil based makeup remover. It's restored my faith in waterproof mascara, after years of using Maybelline's removal-proof mascaras.

I have a few qualms with this mascara too. Covergirl really wants to project a natural, good for your lashes image for this mascara. Why not actually branch out and make a bold move and make an actually natural mascara, instead of just adding a "touch of beeswax" into a formula that's full of parabens and other junk. Man up Covergirl.
Honestly though, I can't say Natureluxe is bad for my lashes. It wears really light, it feels like I have bare lashes. It doesn't make my lashes fall out, nor does it give me itchy lashes. And since I've started wearing it, my lashes seem longer. That could just be coincidental though.
Covergirl Natureluxe mascara is actually pretty good if you apply it well. It's a great mascara if you want your lashes to feel natural and look dramatic. Just don't get suckered into the natural claims. The packaging could be cuter, but that's not what I buy a mascara for, so I won't nitpick. This holds up great through my day, yet still removes easily, which is all I ask from a waterproof mascara. I'll likely repurchase this one more time, to last me until I quit in summer. I recommend it! n_n

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used Cover Girl mascaras for many years, venturing to others and then coming back eventually! I picked this up and was pleasantly surprised. Nice separated lashes that don't flake, smudge, or fade. Great staying power and that is a must for me since I have oily eyelids!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 6:36:00 AM More reviews by MrsDevall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is s a really great mascara. As far as Covergirl mascaras go, I usually use Lashblast but I like this one a lot more. The brush is smaller than a lot of the ones I've been using and it makes all the difference. It gets every little last without any work on my part. Normally with the big Lashblast brush I have to turn it and coat each lash toward the inside of my eye one by one, but this one easily gets them all in one swipe. I've also noticed I need less with this. Most mascaras I use need two coats; this one only needs one. It does a good job of curling your lashes on it's own, and holds the curl if you use a curler. It's not incredibly volumizing, but separates/defines every lash giving the effect of volume without adding bulk. It also adds a bit of length without being over the top. The mousse formula is really nice. It's a lot lighter than a regular mascara and I've noticed less lash fallout since using this, as well as that my lashes don't get hard and crunchy while wearing this like they do with other mascaras. I haven't tried the water-resistant formula but don't see much of a need. This stuff stays on more than well enough. Yesterday it was windy and my eyes were watering like crazy. I had no running or flaking whatsoever.

Overall, I'm very impressed and will definitely be buying this again.