Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

This foundation is AMAZING!! My skin is normal-dry and Super sensitive so I can only use oil free products which normally just cake, crease or sit on top of my skin. This foundation is on the pricier side but it's CONPLETELY worth it!! My skin looks like porcelain, and the first day I used it I got several complements on how pretty my skin was and they are going to buy it! The brush that goes with it is DEFINATELY WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY!!!

I normally do not wear liquid foundation but I broke down and had someone do my makeup because I'm hard to match and Tarte had the most color choices. It's hard for me to compare this since I'm a powder person. I don't 'see' it on my skin at all. It doesn't lay there but absorbs and I have oily skin. Some others that were tried had too much water in them and 'balled' up rather fast...this doesn't. I do not like the packaging. It looks like dime store stuff...I prefer a Nars or Chanel look but it's what's inside that counts. I'll use it up and see how I feel in a few months. For now it's fine.

This foundation gives pretty good coverage (medium to full) and has a gel-like texture. It feels thick when you squeeze it out, but it blends nicely into the skin. While I like many of Tarte's products, I feel that this foundation is not nearly as natural or good for my skin as it is marketed to be. It is also on the pricier side, although certainly the product performance is good. I would not repurchase this since I have found other more natural products with equal or better performance (Vapour Organic Beauty's foundations are off the charts).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Quick review: my skin is nc/c 30, oily dehydrated. Some texture issues, and redness. Breakouts quickly if something irritates.
I agree that the shades can look a bit ashy on more yellow/olive skintones. The texture of the fdtn was like a creamy gel to me. Reminded me a little of mac studio sculpt fdtn in texture and how it sat on the skin...like it sits on top of skin and lookes odd. It doesnt sink in. Emphasized texture a little bit, covers redness, doesnt smell weird, dont like the cap, i would rather have a flip top or something. Doesnt break me out, doesnt last a full work day on me. Wanted to love it but didnt work out.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Quite possibly the best foundation I've ever used. This stuff....it's like magic. I swear. I'll put a little bit on my face, and before I even blend it out with a brush, it looks blended (not perfect, but still quite impressively). I don't even know how to explain it, but it makes application a dream! I've used this with a brush and with my hands, and found the brush to be better since it sinks into skin so easily. One thing to note though, is to to work with a small bit at a time on the back of your hand, because it does absorb into my hand as well. The coverage is amazing and can be built up or sheered out, which I love. When combined with my Fix+, I get the most beautiful finish. The longevity is great as well, and after long nights out, I still come home with my face in tact. However, it does nothing for oil control on my super oily face (but nothing does, so at this point I've just given up on that.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product made me breakout...it also made me looked washed out..ashy grey...not good for acne prone or dark olive skin..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

At first I wasn't really sure about this foundation because when I swatches it at the store, I was so concerned of its thick consistency. I like my foundation to be natural looking and light weight, but I decided to give it a go. When I put it on my face, it blends out smoothly and it turns to a powder finish. I like to apply with my real techniques brush and it gives the most beautiful, full but very natural looking finish. I use only one squeeze of the tube and there's enough product for my entire face. Some days when I have school, I just put foundation on my face and some of my friends thought that it was my natural flawless skin. But I was like "no way". I am a very oily person, and this foundation does shine after 8 hours of wear, but it isn't so bad and it can last longer with a primer. It doesn't smear or move around my face which is a plus plus to me! This foundation doesn't break me out and doesn't irritate me acne prone skin! I'm really enjoying this foundation overall!

PROS:
- very natural finish
- powder finish
- medium to full coverage
- doesn't break me out
- doesn't smear or rubs off
- no scent

CON:
- not very oil controlling
- no SPF (I'm in australia and the one I thought doesn't have SPF )

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I think this would have been a great foundation for me in my 20's or 30's. My skin used to be super oily. I used to dread the warm weather because it would make my problem worse. Anyway, I've had a tube of this for a few years now. I do like the coverage. Easy to work with. Used to put it on in the car before I ran into Target when I worked there. Still use it occasionally. My skin is drier now. (Okay, I'm 61. Yeah, I said it.) I need something a little less yellow and slightly more moisturizing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think I really like this foundation! I love the brush, I love that you only have to use a little bit of product, so it lasts. It does a really good job covering my acne and uneven skin tones. I have very oily skin and while it does not control the oil much, it does stay on me. It does not irritate my skin or acne in any way. It is a bit more coverage than I used to use, so I felt a little "made up" at first, but I defiantly wasn't wearing enough coverage in previous products. I prefer a more natural look, and this seems to achieve it for me. I guess I'd say a good med coverage. I think I will buy again, unless I find some perfect product that magically makes oily skin perfect! LOL!

I have been using this product for the longest time and it has been one of the better foundations that I have come across. I don't have very bad skin and I don't have breakout often so this is a great product if you just needed to cover up some blemishes and uneven skin tones. They have an amazing range of colours and I love the wooden screw cover. Its just so unique and I'm a sucker for anything related to nature. This is also great for combination skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom