Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 11/18/2014 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was using MUFE mat velvet then decided to give this a try. Got a sample from Sephora where the associate matched my color. This product looo darket in tube so dont let that bother you.... Its pricy ya but it should last you a very long time since u dont need much a few spots blnded out well. I cant think of any drugstore product like this so its worth it to me. Plus theres definitly amazonian clay in it bcuz when blended you can smell it (smells like a amazonian clay mask) give this a try even a sample you have nothing to lose.

on 11/7/2014 3:24:00 PM

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation. I love that it's full coverage and doesn't make me super oily but, it just doesn't sit right on my skin and after a few hours you can tell that I'm wearing foundation as it gets patchy. This is a nice foundation if you only plan on wearing it for like 3-4 hours after That is starts to slide off my face. I have only found on highend foundation I really like and would repurchase and that's my double wear it's the best highend. But honestly if I want a good foundation I will continues to use my drug store ones. I like that I can spend way less money and still get a way better foundation.

on 11/7/2014 11:08:00 AM

I bought this cause there was so much hype about how good it was for your skin, was full coverage and long lasting.....I really dislike this foundation. I am a HG Estee Lauder Double Wear kinda girl, and the Tarte Amazonian Clay just sat on top of my skin, it looked terrible. Its pricey just like my Estee Lauder Double Wear, so I don't see myself ever purchasing this again. The best part about this product was the packaging, I liked the squeeze tube, felt more sanitary then a bottle.

on 11/7/2014 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after seeing many Youtubers and bloggers rave about this. The color matches me almost perfectly but it claims to be 12-hr.. I can't even get it to 4 hours, even when I wear primer and powder on top. So if you have oily skin I'd suggest buying something else. I probably won't be buying this again :[

on 11/5/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using a mineral foundation for years, and I decided to switch to a more full coverage foundation when I noticed that there is a little more discoloration on my face than there was years ago.

My daughter introduced this to me, and when I saw what it did (her skin looked absolutely flawless after application), I decided to take a trip to Sephora and make the purchase. I had already picked out two shades on the website that I believe would match, and when the sales clerk at Sephora tested both on my face, the light medium beige shade was such a perfect match, that I couldn't even tell it was on my face! Since I have a fair to medium skin tone with yellow undertones, the touch of pink in this shade evens my skin tone out to where it doesn't look sallow.

The foundation came with a free, small bottle of the Maracuja oil, so the purchase was well worth it. Ever since using the foundation, my skin does look flawless, does not dry out or feel oily or greasy, just soft and silky. It covers all imperfections and there is no line of demarcation because of the perfect shade selection. It also lasts throughout the day without having to re-apply. No breakouts, no dry patches, just velvety skin that seems to be healthier for my skin than any other foundation I've used thus far. Also, a little goes a long way, so I expect the tube to last for a long time.

It's my new favorite. :)

on 10/29/2014 6:56:00 AM

Background
I prefer full coverage dewy foundation. My top choices are : MUFE HD Foundation and Illamasqua Skin Base foundation. I can live with Nars Sheer Glow but I prefer MUFE and Illamasqua. I am a MAC NC 40 -42. Although it has been a while since I was colour matched at MAC because I don't like any of their face products. I prefer their lipsticks though. I have used Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation before and find it cakey when you apply the product and several hours later my skin will become oily.

What made me buy this foundation?
Countless blogs and youtube reviews that says it is a "full coverage dewy foundation". So I went for the plunge and I didn't like it.

Why?
It is difficult to blend. It seems to enhance my pores and no matter what tool I use. It would just refuse to blend. Buffing brush - no, Beauty Blender - no, no no no.

It is NOT dewy. It is cakey. The foundation seems to set on your skin (hence it is advertised a 12 hour wearing) IMMEDIATELY. You wont even have time to take you second breath. Poof it sets - cakey.

It drying on my skin. After a few hours, my skin feels tight and I need to spritz evian on it.

So I am returning it so Sephora tmrw.

on 10/28/2014 9:34:00 PM

I really like this one. My mom gave it to me a few years ago, and now I'm on my 3rd tube. Great for those of us who are kinda fair but with golden/yellow undertones. Feels really nice on my skin, really great coverage without being heavy. Only need a tiny amount so it lasts forever too!

on 10/23/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

when you firt apply this it looks great but the tones on this line are too yellow. i have more a pink undertone so yellow washes me out and makes me look tired. this only stays on my skin nicely for 2 hours i have oily skin and the oil causes the makeup to slide around and look blotchy not cute at all cant return this because i lost the receipt oh well.

on 10/12/2014 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation has the potential to be great, but it isn't for me. I really wanted to love this; the color match is perfect, it has great coverage, and it has a beautiful natural matte finish. Unfortunately, after wearing it for an hour, my face becomes a total grease ball. Even when I prime and powder the same thing occurs. If you have very oily skin, stay away...it's not worth the makeup meltdown.

on 10/10/2014 12:12:00 AM

I wish I could love this foundation. it has great potential to be great on perfect skin. but if you have any acne or sensitive skin issues like I than I don't recommend this at all. I used it for two weeks and by the end of each day it was sliding right off my face and leaving me with excess oil and acne. my face is now trying to calm down from it. it's perfect if you don't have oily or sensitivity to very heavy foundations.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom