Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 3/17/2015 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

You know as a foundation junkie, I am really surprised of the high ratings here. Are you kidding me? This is one of the worst products that I have ever tried. It feels like a mask. It is too shiny. It does not look natural. I looked sick with the yellow shades. With the money spent on a crappy product like this, you can buy several drugstore foundations that are of better quality.

on 3/17/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am a makeup junkie and I own countless foundations. I've been lusting after this for at least two years but I've been trying to use what I have. I finally pulled the trigger last week when Tarte had a flash sale. I color matched myself and played with the testers at Ulta many times, so I knew what shade to buy. I've watched YouTube vids and read numerous reviews on this foundation, so I knew what my plan of attack would be. The first time I tried it, I cleansed my face and lightly applied argan oil (as my skin is slightly drier than my usual combo) and let that set for about 10 minutes. I lightly applied the foundation with a damp Beauty Blender and did not apply any powder intially. I immediately felt the finish of the foundation was very natural and not full coverage--no where near full coverage. After letting the foundation set on my skin a while, I noticed that it emphasized every line, crows feet, acne scar and uneven place on my face. I then lightly applied Avon Powder Mineral Fondation (I use it as a finishing powder) with the slightly damp Beauty Blender and it helped even out the finish a bit. Fast forward a couple of days: I decided to ditch my beloved Beauty Blender and use my Sigma F80 flat top brush to buff in the foundation, as many reviewers advised a brush is best. I was slightly impressed with the finish but it felt and looked a bit mask-like. After I applied the rest of my makeup, including some Lorac powder foundation as a finishing powder and used a couple spritzes of finishing spray, I felt that I looked very made up however my many imperfections still showed. My Cover Girl Olay CC foundation is $5 and leaves my skin looking flawless--so today I mixed the two and used my F80. It's OK but not the holy grail foundation I thought I'd find. With shipping, this cost me $24 and I regret the purchase. My 18-year-old daughter might have better luck with it. Save your money girls. There are so many great foundations at the drugstore. Don't get sucked into the pretty packaging and fancy names!

on 3/16/2015 5:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am a huge foundation junkie so I was really excited when my friend who has the same skin tone as myself offered me a very generous sample of her Amazonian Clay foundation which she swears by. To preface this review, I have combination skin that is slightly oily with dry patches on my forehead, nose, and around my lips and my skin is very fair with fairly neutral undertones. I've tried this foundation for a few days now and I don't seem to really be getting on with it that well- it isn't a bad product by any means but it just isn't really doing it for me. As usual when trying out a foundation, I've applied it using various different methods and used it both with and without primer, with and without powder but I have yet to find a method which makes this foundation excel. My favourite method if I had to pick would be with primer and blending it with my fingers (I use the L'Oreal Magic Lumi primer) but no matter how I apply the foundation, it always seems to gravitate to my dry spots. Now, it certainly doesn't accentuate them as much as other foundations and I a lot of people have told me that applying foundation on flaky skin and expecting it to look good is a lost cause but that is simply not true because there have been many, many foundation that I've used that have kept the flakiness well under control- this just isn't one of them. No matter how I apply this foundation, it seems to sit on top of the skin and never really blends in fully, causing it to rub off really easily whenever I use my phone or touch my face. I don't do those things too often but hey, I'm human and while I don't expect foundation to last through a rainstorm or a 4 hour phone call, sometimes there is contact made with my face and a foundation must be able to stand it's ground (or face rather). On a positive note, despite this foundation being so thick it is almost airy in the sense that when you start to blend it in, it loses the thickness and it feels surprisingly light without compromising coverage. I think this foundation is more of a medium coverage and it has a very natural finish- not matte or dewy. On my skin this foundation will last about 8 hours before going patchy which isn't bad for wear time but the foundation will start looking fairly oily before then and if you have any degree of oily skin you will absolutely need powder. It doesn't live up to the 12 hour claim but it still lasts a decent amount of time for what the average person would likely need. A huge bonus of this foundation is that is comes with 50mL of product versus the average 30mL for products of the same price range so you're getting 2/3 extra. I'm not sure I'd recommend this foundation personally just because I think there are better products out there but clearly a lot of people love this foundation so if you don't have dry patches this foundation might be for you.

on 3/16/2015 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this last week and so far I love it! I was using the Mac Studio Fix Liquid Foundation and although it has really good coverage it oxidizes and leaves your face looking orange at times. It also made me break out; not good.
I love this Tarte Foundation because it gives me good coverage and doesn't leave any patches and it really is long lasting! So far so good!

on 3/12/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am NW20 and this is pretty yellow. None of the shades are pink that I have noticed. I used Fair-light honey, but it's just a tad too yellow. It can become cakey and it feels full coverage on my skin, which I don't like.

I have drier skin and this seemed to cling to the spots. I wont be repurchasing this.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This is my current foundation that I use every day, however my skin gets quite dry in the winter and it is not very ideal for the weather.
However, I am a fan of the whole Tarte line! This foundation, paired with the right primer, can look perfect on skin. As an extreeeemely pale girl, I've been through my fair share of skin products, and a lot of them have been too dark or too yellow or too pink. Luckily, Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation has a shade that is near perfect for my skin (mixed with a tiny bit of white foundation, yes I am that pale unfortunately) and it sits on my face for a few hours before anything starts to "cake" or fall off. I cannot boast about Tarte enough, their line just continues to impress me.
Keep in mind that this product may not suit oily skin types, as it's very thick.

on 3/5/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product is not full coverage and it looks cakey on the skin. It sits on the skin with or without primer. At first it appears to blend nicely but when you look in the mirror up close it sits on the skin. It does not look natural at all. Just not a fan of this product. I've had better foundation. I would not repurchase this item by Tarte.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this stuff. I`m a bit taken back by the lack of positive reviews. The `full-coverage`part I can understand, indeed it is more medium coverage. Nonetheless, I still really like this product. I am an acne-prone, normal-combination skinned girl with *very* sensitive skin. When it comes to my skin and body, if it`s not one thing, it`s another. I tell you, I almost feel as if this foundation makes my skin BETTER--it controls oil without it feeling like it`s TRYING to suppress oil, leaves a beautiful demi-matte finish on the skin, and most importantly, is very NATURAL looking. So it seems as of currently you really can`t have the best of both worlds--`natural`and `full-coverage`don`t mix from my experience. BUT this still blends wonderfully over my acne scars, enough on the harshest patches and redness so it feels like people aren`t looking at my acne. One day, I left for work without powdering, and, as I sort of expected, my face still looked almost the exact same when I got home WOW! And I work in fast food, so that is saying something...
Overall, this is some lovely stuff, and worth the price if you aren`t having it with the acne scars, super sensitive skin, and looking unnatural via cakey makeup. One lippie off because it is not really full-coverage, and I can understand the frustration people may have with this.

on 3/4/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing foundation! its a velvety satin finish I love! its full coverage dont cling on my dry patches .

on 3/3/2015 7:20:00 PM

Although I love the way this foundation wears on me for the first couple hours of the day, it completely cakes on my face and settles into my lines. I've tried using water based primers with this water based foundation while also setting it with setting spray and it continues to break down. Not the best foundation for oily skin at all.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown