Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I was gifted this, and in Light-Medium Beige it's a perfect match for my NC25 skin. It blends in nicely and gives decent coverage, but it is just SO DAMN THICK. I thought it would be good for my oily skin, and it does keep me matte, but lord that stuff is heavy feeling.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For Reference:
- MAC NC35
- NARS Punjab
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Tawny
- Loreal True Match Lumi W4
- MUFE HD 140

I'm Light/Medium honey in this foundation.

- Dry Skin with a few patches

Description:
This stuff is THICK. It is full coverage, but I wouldn't say quite as full coverage as Double Wear in my opinion. However, it gives a really nice and natural finish while being thick if applied the same way as I do.

The first time I tried it, I had just come out of an allergic reaction, so my skin was dry like the Sahara. I found that it clung because of this, so take it as a warning, if you're REALLY dry, it will cling. This gave me a bad first impression, but I opted to try again after I had made more or less a full recovery.

The one thing that I had heard about this foundation was that a lot of people hated it at first, and that people tended to love it after they found their preferred method of application. Personally, I found that any brush applied this stuff on my skin too thick. After many alternatives, I eventually settled upon a beauty blender being the best form of application. I cannot say that it is better or worse than any other sponge due to me not having ever tried another. However, I found that when applying with a sponge, it gave a super smooth and nice finish.

I cannot speak much on the /amazonian clay/ affecting my skin. I haven't really noticed it, but I don't think I've used it for long enough for it to make a difference.

The squeeze tube is nice. However, i would prefer a pump so I could see how much is left, but it's not a big deal. Just remember, a little goes a long way!

on 3/30/2015 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my all time favorite foundation. While it is rather pricey, that is to be expected when shopping for prestige brands and comparably priced products are, simply, not as good. l have used the Stila "Stay All Day," Urban Decay "Weightless Liquid" Foundation and a few drug store brands, but these all have many more cons than pros. This Tarte product lives up to its full coverage claims. It is a squeeze bottle, as opposed to a pump, so there is a more controlled application and you can much better control the amount of product that comes out. And a small amount goes a long way. I squeeze a thin line from my wrist bone to the base of my thumb and that is almost enough to cover my entire face. This amount is not just a thin, base coat either. Paired with the Tarte full coverage concealer, this creates a simple, flawless complexion that no other brand I have ever used comes close to.

I have never experienced acne breakouts or blackheads (in last 8 months of using this). It covers almost all of the redness of my skin, and whatever the foundation doesn't cover, the complimentary concealer takes care of.

All in all, absolutely perfect foundation. 11/10

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I hate this foundation. I used it once for dinner out and it made me look like the dude from Hell Raiser. It gave me all these lines on my face and I don't even have a single wrinkle to begin with! It just was awful and I had really high hopes for this. I did a ton of research before choosing this one. My skin is currently dealing with a breakout so I picked this up thinking it would be full coverage. That was the second biggest issue, this is not full coverage. First layer was medium but when I tried to layer this, it became so heavy and greasy. As the hours passed, this foundation formed a big ol' crusty halo over a blemish and melted into expression lines causing a horror show. How the hell can this cause so much crust and grease at the same time?

So, what was good about this tube of crap? The color selection. I found a dead on match with the shade Medium Tan Honey. Also, this didn't irritate my skin. Lastly, the price is nice at $38 and found easily in B&M stores like Sephora and Ulta.

on 3/30/2015 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Im acne prone/combo skin right now..and I really like this foundation.. it's buildable coverage. it starts off as medium and definitely can be full. For me it feels natural compared to my Estee lauder double wear foundation. It sets pretty fast. It's 38 dollars for a 1.7 fl oz bottle from sephora and they do have a wide variety of colors. I was matched to a Medium- Tan honey and wore a 3w1 Tawny in Estee Lauder double wear. I wore it on a pretty easy 15 hr work shift and it held up well. I was shiny on my T-zone but not super shiny. It comes out thick out of the bottle but definitely feels like mousse when you put on and I'd put I use either my hands or the tarte foundation airbrush. Overall im happy and would definitely repurchase this again.

on 3/29/2015 7:07:00 PM

My skin basically gives new acne every week and the reasons are just simply like I forgot to clean my make up after 12 hours, I forgot to drink water, or putting the wrong thing on my face. That being said I have to constantly using treatment for these acne and be really careful what I put on my face. I never really wear foundation before because I think my skin is nice enough to be naked, but it's really tempting seeing other people using foundation as a part of their daily makeup. So I was really curious to see how foundation works on my skin without being a factor causing new pimples. Fortunately, I happened to watch a beauty guru on Youtube reviewing this foundation so I started doing research. It got pretty high reviews from most sides I visited so despite the high price, I bought it. And holy molly, I love love this foundation. It does not break me out once. If anything I think it soothes my pimple area making it less inflame. It does not hide all the inflame spots but it sure makes them less visible. It also makes my skin smoother. I have combination skin so after reading the reviews about people saying it leaves dry patches I mix the foundation with my moisturizer, ratio 3:1(if your skin is really dry i recommend doing 2:1). I also put extra moisturizer on places where I know would be easily dried up and then I'm ready to go. I have never loved anything this much before (I tried a drug store BB cream before and it broke me out horribly), so this is my baby now. I am happy that I have found my HG and I hope it works out for you also.

on 3/23/2015 3:43:00 PM

Starts out initially very creamy and thick (think toothpaste) but blends out to a medium/full coverage without looking cakey, dry or "fake". I've found that this works best on normal to combo skin. Oily skin can get away with it you make sure to set it with powder.

The shade range is fairly extensive and tends to lean a little more yellow than anything but has workable options in pink.

I'll use it on clients that are looking for a medium coverage, natural finish that will last all day with minimal touch ups and that have normal to dry skin and that don't want to fuss with a separate SPF product.

on 3/23/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not exactly sure how there are people saying that they can get this to last them a workout or more than 4 hours. I have super oily skin and about two hours after application oil was seeping through and it made my face look super greasy. I did use a primer and a setting powder, but I guess my skin is just way too oily. Not to mention the consistency is pretty thick, so I felt really uncomfortable wearing it. When I tried a dense foundation brush, it looked streaky. When I tried a softer but still dense brush, it looked alright. Using a sponge it looked good, but it made the coverage too light. To be perfectly honest I am considering trying it out again, just because I want these rave reviews I keep hearing to be true, but whenever I do consider it I see another reviewer talking about having the same experience I had.

on 3/22/2015 10:00:00 PM

To me, this is one of the worst foundations on the market. It oxidizes like nothing I have ever seen, turning Orange and separating, and makes my pores look huge. I don't understand how anyone can like this. I've tried it on other people and it looks ok in the store, but I always suggest they get a sample and wear it around for a while to see how it looks on them throughout the day.

on 3/22/2015 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

MY HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION. Yes, it will cling to dry patches, so be sure to moisturize well before hand! I've noticed it does last 12 hours, sometimes more! I wear this stuff to events where I sweat a lot and it stays on the whole night. I left it on during a good workout and it was still on when the workout was over. It goes on smooth, but it does dry fast, so you have to blend fairly quickly. It does well at evening out your skin tone and covering small imperfections, but the coverage is NOT full, so don't expect it to make your face look flawless. One of the major drawbacks is color selection. I had a hard time finding a shade that didn't make me too pink or too dark. I have to use a colored powder on top to even it out. I've noticed they came out with new shades recently, so I'm probably going to try those out.