November 25, 2014 | 1819 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by raelynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Folks, the brush is key with this foundation. The brush allows you to buff it in so it doesn't look cakes or overdone. So, splurge and get the brush. The brush could be used with other foundations, and is just amazing. Love this line, but find I have to go a bit lighter than my skin tone, to look natural.,

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

It was too orangey for my skin time. And it was sort of glittery. It didn't look good at all! It clings to dry patches and if you have acne, it will just emphasize your bumps. I would not say it's full coverage. More like medium. I had to return it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by FallenLeaf

I have been trying to find a foundation I am happy with. I have used many and decided to try a more expensive one. Needless to say I wasn't happy. It's very cakey and looks HORRIBLE on. I had my color matched up by a make-up person at ULTA so I know it was the right color, but how it looked was horrible. It was also flakey. I would never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by margomiller

This foundation is truly the worst I have ever used. It will make you look dry and flakey, even if you're not. The "paler" colors are a sickly white that I have never seen as a skin color. The coverage SUCKS!! I would say to put on 2 layers but this foundation is literally a clay paste and feels gross. I have tried with a flat top kabuki brush and a damp beauty blender. Not worth the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by x8Sophie

I had high expectations for this product cause it sounded so perfect, and boy was a I wrong. It was pretty expensive and it made my face look cakey and didn't blend well into my skin

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Terpsichorean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Short review for this foundation - it settled into pores big time so I sent it back to QVC.

If you don't have a problem with enlarged pores then I would think this foundation is definitely worth a shot, coverage was good and wasn't too mask-like.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Ammiglammi

I have combo/oily skin and this foundation works wonders! It applies smoothly, stays in place and is medium/full coverage. This is by far my favorite foundation and I don't think I will find a better one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ccarebear344

I am extremely fair skinned and can never find high quality foundation that does not oxidize. This is perfect in ivory, and lasts all day! This foundation is extremely thick and creamy- works much better in the winter than the summer. During the summer, I usually mix with with my moisturizer to thin it out. I love that tarte is all natural and that it does not make my skin break out!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by xmissmilly

I recently re-purchased this foundation, and I regret it as it does not withstand the summer heat (of Massachusetts so really not that much heat) I

CONS
It separates especially on the nose and chin. It looks great when first applied but a couple of hours later it looks cakey. I honestly cannot wait to take it off at the end of the day because it literally starts to slide off my face and it smells a little bit, enough for me to notice and want me to get it off.

PROS
I love this as a winter foundation when I am not as oily. A setting powder is a must and helps this foundation a lot. I also love that this does not make me break out whatsoever, if anything it helps heal any breakouts and I get compliments on my "flawless" skin and I stare with disbelief as I have had problematic skin all my life. It spreads very easily with fingers or a brush, and the coverage is great for acne scars and such. The color fair matches my skin PERFECTLY. No oxidization.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by SoraHime

I have been using this foundation since autumn and I must say that I haven't reached out for my other foundations (MUFE; Bourjois; MAC Face & Body) much. I prefer the finish and feel of this foundation in comparison to the others I have but I have yet to see how it will hold up during summer as I get hot and sweat easily.