July 24, 2014 | 1744 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - master drama eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought Bold Brown and Coal Commander, which were exactly what I was hoping for from Neutrogena's Plum Drop and Brushed Pewter, respectively. They have much more definition than Neutrogena, and stay on MUCH longer - at the end of a long day, I still have a definite, if slightly smuged/faded, line (especially with Coal Commander), whereas Neutrogena fades away almost entirely. The colors are nice, too: Coal Commander is a nice, subtle, slightly brightening gray (I find pure black a little too dramatic for everyday wear) with a hint of shimmer, and Bold Brown is a warm coppery brown (although it can be easily layered into a darker chocolate brown), again with some sparkle to it (although without at all being obtrusive or tacky), that really brings out my green eyes.

However, one weird thing I've been noticing is that the formulas appear to be different - Bold Brown is A LOT softer and smudgier, while Coal Commander is firmer and holds its shape better. This means that it's a little more difficult getting a really tight, defined line with BB, but it's better for a bold, broad look, as it doesn't require as many swipes to get a broad line. BB also seems to come off a little sooner than CC, although, like I said, the staying power on both is decent.

The only thing keeping me from giving these five lippies is the packaging. As many others have commented, you don't get a lot of product for your money, there's no sharpener or smudger, and the twisty mechanism is terrible - it just plain doesn't work a lot of the time, and once it does, there's no way to twist it back down, so I keep nicking the edge with the lid, and I have to be careful taking the lid off, in case I nick it even worse.

All in all, I would definitely repurchase both of these (they're my go-to eyeliners), but I would do so even quicker if Maybelline fixed the packaging issues.

EDIT: I don't know if they changed the formula or what, but I've used up and repurchased both, and the wear time on the new ones is awful. Like, almost-completely-gone-after-six-hours awful. I've started to have to set them with eyeshadow, which I never had to do before, and even that only helps so much. So while I guess I'll repurchase these again the next time around because A) I'm lazy, B) I'm a creature of habit, and C) I like the colors, something has definitely gone wrong here, and if I were still in the process of shopping around, I'd keep looking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I got this in the Sapphire Strength and Vibrant Violet because I find it extremely hard to find bright colorful eyeliners and these seemed pretty spot on from photos. I love to use purple as an eye popping alternative to brown. The colors are vivid and I love that, but there are two big set backs. One is that it's mechanical, but there isn't a sharpener attached, so I have to use one from a mechanical lip liner (check the bottoms of yours, you maybe have one and not know it. It's the colored/lower portion and should slide right out and just sharpen the tip a bit. These don't have one.) No biggie. Can't make a nice point but I use the Maybelline gel liner to add for purple, though the color and consistency isn't nearly as good, you can't tell when they are both on.The other problem however, is that they don't really last on the water line. I find almost all color eyeliners to be that way. They smudge and create raccoon eyes. I did find out though, that you can line your lash line, just outside the water line on the bottom, and it will create a cool effect when you line the water line in black. It really makes the color and your eyes pop and seems to stay put a little better there. I don't know yet if I would repurchase, sometimes I shop around, but these are pretty decent.

Update: Find the Nyx Slide on to be brighter and better, so I won't be getting these again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup963

I purchased this product in vibrant violet and I completely love it! it goes on sooo smoothly (no pulling or tugging) and the pigmentation is insane. I'd for sure repurchase this. Unfortunately I had to return this product twice because the twist-able applicator wouldn't work. But since I go to Walmart practically ever day it wasn't a huge deal. Would recommend this to everyone especially to those with sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in Midnight Master, on sale at Shoppers for $7 (it's usually around $10 at Wal-Mart). I got it because I had heard amazing things about the staying power, which is absolutely true! I had this pencil on my waterlines, and even as I kept dabbing my eyes with tissue (I have very watery eyes some days), I never saw any black on the tissue at all! I'm not really a fan of automatic liners and find this one a bit hard to twist up, but I will re-purchase it because of the staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by aishahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner- LOVE. It is super easy to apply on my lashline, and then stays put there the whole day, no smudging. Did I forget to add that it does not skip, tug, AND it's really freakin black?

There are two problems though. It doesn't scroll up easily, and it gets blunt fast. The packaging is pretty flawed. AND it's super hard to find, because it's that great.

With a few tweaks, this could become one of the best eyeliners I've ever used, including HE brands.

Once I find it in stores again, I'm buying 3. MAYBELLINE, DO NOT DISCONTINUE THIS BEAUTY!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by violet5748

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product must really be loved by a lot of people. I can NEVER find Black (or what it's actually called: "Midnight Master".) on the shelves. I only find violet and coal and brown. On the rare occasion i find it, i buy two because i know i'll run out at an unexpected time and then when i go to the store again, i'll never find it. I've bought this eyeliner multiple times and i've never had any problems with it as others have explained. This eyeliner is the only one i know that lasts all day long, and doesn't run. All Maybelline's other eyeliners are horrible, and the price i think is about 6 or 7 dollars at walmart, but it's well worth it. It seems like it's sorta creamy by the way it goes on. It goes on very smooth, and i don't really have to use a lot of it for it to look good. It makes my brown eyes pop. This is my all time favorite eyeliner. Thank you Maybelline for coming out with this! and as for walmart...Please restock your shelves!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by velvetgirl

I have this in brown and it's a great eyeliner. It wears nice and goes on smooth. I'm beginning to think I don't need Clinique's eyeliners anymore!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by pipkan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The liner goes on smooth and dark and it doesn't make my eyes water or itch. At first I had to twist as I pulled up several times to get it to come up but after that it came up easier (I just had to remember to twist to the right) it doesn't twist down so be sure to twist up what you need. It lasts all day and I think it looks better at the end of the day then when I first put it on! I would buy this again but my next eyeliner purchase will probably be one with a sharpener for thinner lines on my top lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by bibianchan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Haven't used eyeliner for a while, picked this up at store, I don't understand why people says it's cheap when it's $7, $8 bucks. I think a lot of people still need to work an hour just to get a eyeliner like that.

Yes, it's creamy, yes, it's smooth, but it smudge like crazy after 3 hours. (Well, I only use it on my lash line.) What is good about an eyeliner if it smudges and makes you look uglier? Also, as someone said, the "twister" just broke and it takes forever to get the "thing" out. I am so disappointed. Go straight to Swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by xXVampirePrincessXx

The Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliners are my favorite eyeliners ever! Their creamy, so their not exactly like wooden pencil liners, but their not like gel or liquid either. Their very very pigmented, they last very long on the waterline (and if they last long on the waterline, then I bet they would last long on the lash line too), they have lots of pretty colors, and their inexpensive (costs around $5 at drugstores). I would definitely give them a try. :)