Maybelline master drama eyeliner

3.6

Isododecane , PEG/PPG 19/19 Dimethicone , Cyclopentasiloxane , Synthetic Wax , Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene , C20 40 Alcohols , Nylon 12 , Perfluorononyl Dimethicone , Polyglyceryl 4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate , Polyethylene , Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate , Silica , May Contain (+/-): , Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) , Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Ultramarines (CI 77007) , Aluminum Powder (CI 77000) , F.I.L. D46065/2

on 2/24/2013 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Overall a good product. It has a dark, creamy texture that stays put after it's allowed to dry. However, I had issues with that packaging. Mine won't twist down and took about five minutes of twisting to come up in the first use.

This is a really great drug store eyeliner. It rivals some of my high end eyeliners. I've always like maybelline, and this eye liner is no exception. I really like that you can twist it up instead of having to sharpen it. It's creamy and glides on easily.

on 2/19/2013 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't get the hype around this product. This ran out on me way too quick and I don't even use it that much. I love that it twists up without having to deal with a sharpener. It wouldn't hold up in my waterline and is something I will not purchase again. I prefer the Revlon Colorstay crayon eyeliner over this one because it stays on my eyes for a longer time and it doesn't run out quick like the Maybelline one did.

This is by far my favorite eyeliner. I'm not great with liquid, pencil doesn't give enough staying power. This is easy to control going on, and looks terrific and stays in place. Definetely my HG.

on 2/16/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought 2 of these in the color midnight master which is the black.
I love my UD zero and wanted something more darker for my waterline, I heard this one was really black and creamy. Well this one reminded of the the one milani has thats also popular for being real dark but that one hurts my eyes to the point I need to take it off. This master drama also was uncomfortable it made my vision a tad blurry and my eyes watered a bit.It is very black and creamy but I rather not use. I have 1 up for swap its new.
Im starting to think that the blacker the more irritating is gonna be on my eyes, ill stick with zero.

I thought I was having issues with the twist-up mechanism, but it turns out you just have to twist it slowly. I used the entire product up without any issues! It's DARK black, very creamy, and stays PUT. LOVE this stuff.

on 1/31/2013 8:51:00 AM

I bought this eyeliner in Midnight Master and I am absolutely in love! I am a black eyeliner junkie and I am happy to say this is my new HG. Goes on so smoothy, no dragging or skipping and actually stays put, which is so hard to find with a creamy eyeliner. Ive tried all the gel liners and they always end up smudging and clinging to my bottom lashes...not this one! Color stays intense through out the day but still comes off clean with makeup remover. Mad props to Maybelline for this one :o)

on 1/24/2013 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this eyeliner. It's a twist up eyeliner which makes it very easy to apply on your tightline. It does smudge on me but it does fade by the end of the day: however, I only wear it on my tight line and waterline, and since it isn't water proof it does a remarkable job of staying on so close to my eye.

This morning, I reached for my Urban Decay glide on eye pencil because I used this one yesterday. The urban decay one did not appear on my tight line at all! I didn't want to swipe too hard because it is a sensitive part of the eye. I grabbed my maybelline eyeliner and one swipe was thick and black.

It isn't super easy to remove but it doesn't latch itself to your eye in a bad way either.

This is definitely worth the money. Good job maybelline!

on 1/22/2013 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliner is the BEST eyeliner i have ever used. I've had my share with many translucent eyeliners where you have to constantly swipe on then wait to dry and then swipe on more to darken, but Master Drama glides on very smoothly, and very dark with one streak! It is definitely a bit pricey for an eyeliner, but i will continuously buy(if they discontinue i will go crazy-.-). I 100% recommend this product you wont be disappointed.

on 1/21/2013 3:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought Bold Brown and Coal Commander, which were exactly what I was hoping for from Neutrogena's Plum Drop and Brushed Pewter, respectively. They have much more definition than Neutrogena, and stay on MUCH longer - at the end of a long day, I still have a definite, if slightly smuged/faded, line (especially with Coal Commander), whereas Neutrogena fades away almost entirely. The colors are nice, too: Coal Commander is a nice, subtle, slightly brightening gray (I find pure black a little too dramatic for everyday wear) with a hint of shimmer, and Bold Brown is a warm coppery brown (although it can be easily layered into a darker chocolate brown), again with some sparkle to it (although without at all being obtrusive or tacky), that really brings out my green eyes.

However, one weird thing I've been noticing is that the formulas appear to be different - Bold Brown is A LOT softer and smudgier, while Coal Commander is firmer and holds its shape better. This means that it's a little more difficult getting a really tight, defined line with BB, but it's better for a bold, broad look, as it doesn't require as many swipes to get a broad line. BB also seems to come off a little sooner than CC, although, like I said, the staying power on both is decent.

The only thing keeping me from giving these five lippies is the packaging. As many others have commented, you don't get a lot of product for your money, there's no sharpener or smudger, and the twisty mechanism is terrible - it just plain doesn't work a lot of the time, and once it does, there's no way to twist it back down, so I keep nicking the edge with the lid, and I have to be careful taking the lid off, in case I nick it even worse.

All in all, I would definitely repurchase both of these (they're my go-to eyeliners), but I would do so even quicker if Maybelline fixed the packaging issues.

EDIT: I don't know if they changed the formula or what, but I've used up and repurchased both, and the wear time on the new ones is awful. Like, almost-completely-gone-after-six-hours awful. I've started to have to set them with eyeshadow, which I never had to do before, and even that only helps so much. So while I guess I'll repurchase these again the next time around because A) I'm lazy, B) I'm a creature of habit, and C) I like the colors, something has definitely gone wrong here, and if I were still in the process of shopping around, I'd keep looking.