BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

As an Asian with monolids, I've tested my fair share of mascaras to find THE ONE that won't smudge, flake, run, etc. A while back, a Sephora consultant strongly recommended this to me and with all the hype, I decided to give it a shot. BIG MISTAKE. This mascara is probably one of the WORST mascaras I have EVER used. Ironically, it stays on when you don't want it to (at the end of the day when you're trying to get it off) and it smudges when you don't want it to (i.e. every other moment you wear this mascara). The ball at the end of the mascara wand is just awful - if you try to use it, you'll look like your inner tear duct exploded with black ink. To top it off, the wand bristles are long, hard, and prickly - it actually hurts to put this mascara on!

tl;dr -
Cons:
1. Smudges after only 2-3 hours
2. Doesn't hold a curl
3. IMPOSSIBLE to remove
4. Horrible mascara wand - HURTS to apply

AWFUL & OVERHYPED - DO NOT BUY!!!

This is okay, but I prefer Benefit's BADgal mascara to this one. The formula is really heavy on my lashes. It gives a nicely dramatic look (good length and volume) but I just don't like the BULKINESS of it. And I love a dramatic mascara, but this one just goes on a little too thick for my liking.

No problems with flaking or smudging. Doesnt clump either. This isn't so horrible that I won't finish up the tube, but I won't buy it again.

I must be a packaging snob, because that was what kept me from trying it out before. I mean, why would anyone pack such a high-priced product into a fun, drugstore- looking tube? It looks like it should cost no more then 5-10 Euros.

However, when I passed that on a recent trip abroad when I found myself in an urgent need for a mascara that would perform amazingly on my shortish and straight eyelashes, I finally gave it a try ( all the time feeling that I was paying too much).

Well, when I tried it out, I must say I was very impressed. It really lives up to its name- my eyelashes become loooong, curly and wa wa wooom. The curl holds all day long, against gravity and my natural lashes, and that must be its most impressive feature as far as I am concerned. Also, it doesn't smudge, nor crump. The brush is brilliant with this little ball at the end that Is perfect for the corners and lower lashes.

I remove it without any fuss or drama with my own handmade mix of coconut and castrol oil. You don't need the special remover. I got the mini tube of that remover as a gift with it and oil does a much better work without any eye irritation.

I hate this! Waste of money! Id rather get a better drugstore product than this! Made my eyelashes stick together, clumpy, and hard to remove. Made my eyelashes stiff and not in a normal way!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this stuff, I've been using it daily for months. Gives excellent volume and length, makes my eyes look wide awake because it gives a nice 'lift' from the roots, keeps a curl all day and evening until it's removed, it's waterproof, and doesn't flake or wear off. This stuff doesn't budge, it looks perfect until you remove it. It needs oil or oil based cleanser to get it off. Considering how tenacious this stuff is I'm surprised I haven't had any problems at all with my lashes getting dry or falling out. Took me awhile to figure out how to prevent clumping though. I use one coat of a thin mascara underneath first as a primer (usually CG clump crusher), then curl when that coat is dry, then use They're Real on top. Helps to use a lash comb or clean mascara wand in between coats of They're Real. Originally I received a sample of this from Sephora but I've since purchased a full tube and will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love love love.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

OMG! Amazing. Super long separated lashes. Fantastic formula. Not an ashy blackish color. It is a lovely dark black. I really love the brush for loading and separating. I suggest removing extra product from the wand before sweeping it across your lashes.

I recommend using a waterproof makeup remover. But I really this the formula was designed to be easily removed with the Benefit remover. This mascara has real sticking power to last throughout the day.

A few people may actually ask "Are those real?"

This mascara has always been clumpy, drying, and almost impossible to get off for me. It also leads to pretty bad lash fallout, which gives me anxiety because I love my naturally thick and long lashes. Not the best product, especially for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a gift from Ulta, so it's a mini tube. It lengthens well, some volume. A little spidery, though. Jet black, so it's very striking. I like the little brush at the end of the brush because it lets you get into the corners of your eyes without accidentally putting on too much. This stays on me ALL DAY. Maybe it's because it's so new, but it didn't flake or smudge. The lower rating is because it's not worth that much money. I have Maybelline Full and Soft and it gives me the same volume and length, minus the spidery lashes.

If you are going to use this, plan to work to get it off your lashes. Since I didn't buy this, I didn't know there was a special remover for it. Every time I wore it and thought I had it all off with the off-brand Neutrogena eye makeup remover, I had smudges under my eyes the next day. I did a Google search and found the best advice was to soak cotton with olive oil and hold it to your eye for 15-20 seconds. Each time I've done this method it's completely off with no smudges the next day. So if you're going to buy it, consider using olive oil instead of paying $XX for their remover.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mascara isn't awful, but it isn't worth the price.

Its biggest crime is that it is one of those mascaras that seems to smudge onto your eyelid no matter how carefully you apply it! :p

My lashes are long anyway, so I didn't notice much of a difference in this regard. My lashes lack curl, and this mascara did little to help in this regard.

On the plus side, it did make my lashes look thicker, and the colour is a wonderful true black (I have the black version, if you didn't guess). However, although it wasn't as clumpy as some mascaras, it gave my lashes that spidery look which I absolutely hate (even with only one coating).

It also gets quite dry and flaky by the end of the day.

Popular Mascaras