April 18, 2014 | 1825 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

Really love this mascara!
My lashes look fake after i put this on.
I have no problems with it flaking on smearing.
Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by JessicaGio

I have never found the perfect mascara. My lashes seem to be prone to clumping. This was my first non drug store mascara purchase and I like it but don't love it and feel like I am still on the quest for the perfect elusive mascara that really defines each of my lashes and still adds nice volume. I am more concerned with looking for volume than length. This product still clumps a little on me although not as much as some have. It does add nice definition and a decent amount of volume but I think I still crave even more volume and definition. It holds up very well through out the day and no flaking. I would buy this again but it's not perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am always reluctant to try new mascaras because there is always a chance they will either irritate my eyes, result in broken lashes, or flake. In the case of They're Real, a little of all of those happens from time to time. I get some irritation at the base of my lashes by the end of the day - just a touch. Nothing too annoying, but a tickle that's almost an itch. And when I have slept in it, which I know you shouldn't really do, I have noticed a couple of broken lashes. Lastly, though it is quite good at staying put, it smudges more than my favourite Diorshow Extase or Estee Lauder Sumptuous, and also the mascaras I used before - Clinique Natural Glossy and High Impact. The one thing that I like a lot about They're Real is that it looks great on my lower lashes.
I agree that this mascara is fairly clumping, but it's workable. I'm glad that I tried it, since there's so much hype around it, but it hasn't wowed me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by SilverLilyGirl

So, got a free sample with a beauty order - my Mabelline great lash has run out, so thought I'd give this a whirl.

Overall, well its black but that's about the only good thing - this was wierd and gloopy to apply, caused major clumping requiring serious lash comb action and after a couple of hours flaked like nothing else.

Removal was also a pain - I ended up using a little olive oil to get rid of it. My normal cleanser (which removes waterproof mascara really easily) didn't make much of an impression.

I don't really understand why this is "bestselling" to be perfectly honest

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ohyeagirl1111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using a sample I got. I like how it looks and applies nice with minimal clumping. However it flakes! And I always get a shadow under my lower lashes by the end of the day. Not worth the money

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I don't really like this mascara. I think it irritates my eyes a bit and gets flaky if I apply it a bit too liberally. I don't think it gives me much length or volume either.

The formula dried out super quickly and I will not repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by JulesLondon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's really not much you can change with mascara. You've got a paste, typically black, and you've got a brush. There's no fancy new technology, and while marketers are pretty good at what they do, there is very little difference between most mascaras except for price.

I got a free mini of this mascara from Sephora when they were giving them away for Beauty Insider birthdays. It's merely OK. I wasn't wowed. I think it would be better if the brush bristles were longer. To be honest, Maybelline Falsies gives better length, volume, and definition. What annoyed me was that this mascara crumbled before the end of the day and left little flecks of black powder under my eyes! Drugstore-quality product at a high-end price.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by delicatebalance

I bought this after seeing some really great reviews online, but my experience with it was not good whatsoever

Pros:

- It's great at lengthening and giving you the false-eyelash effect.

Cons:

-The first time I bought it I noticed that it dried out after 2 weeks of use. I figured it was just the individual one that I bought so I went to Sephora and got another one. However it also dried out after a couple of weeks. NOT GOOD!
- It is literally impossible to get off unless you SCRUB your eyes with makeup remover. It should be labeled as Waterproof, because that's exactly how it reacts to water/soap.
-Price - the fact that you have to keep replacing it every 2 weeks because it dries out so fast makes it not worth the almost $30 you pay for it...that's $60 a month on Mascara! Not worth it at all.

I'm going to stick with Maybelline "The Falsies" as it is an incredibly good mascara and has never failed me in the past year that I've used it. It's amazing at lengthening, super affordable, and lasts you well over a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Brookestar32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first high end mascara. For the price I was expecting something amazing. Even though this is a really good mascara, my maybelline the falsies does the exact same thing. I'm saving my money by sticking to maybelline.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a mini from the birthday set from Sephora. Even though I didn't spend any money on it, I still don't think that this product is worth the price.
I actually started using the product itself when it dried out a bit because it was way too clumpy.
Simply one coat to cover your lashes was more than enough for me and I'd have to tease apart my eyelashes to get it from clumping (what a pain!). As it wore on over the day, I had slight flakes of mascara on my cheeks that had come off my lashes.
Let's talk about the wand itself. It's big - that's cool. But my biggest peeve is the bulbous tip that doesn't do more than clump your lashes further.
Overall, this mascara gets no love from me.