BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2013 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. NĀ° 05827/N

on 3/23/2015 9:16:00 PM

I use it to separate my lashes

on 3/23/2015 3:55:00 PM

Not bad, just doesn't have the WOW factor like they claim.

I've used this on many people and have sold it a lot. It does give a more "dramatic" lash and is pretty bold and black. Clumping can happen with multiple coats but it's nothing horrible.
The added plus is that there is a small ball on the tip that you can separate lashes out with to give a cleaner, more defined look. To me, this is a more everyday, nothing special but not bad mascara, there are better options out there.

on 3/23/2015 1:56:00 PM

Ugh. I loved this mascara the first day I bought it.. I thought everyone was crazy for posting such bad reviews. Now after a week it's just ehhhhh.... It clumps after two coats and doesn't give me the same length it did as the first day. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 3/22/2015 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Do not like this mascara. Didn't add much volume or length to my lashes. Dried out within 2-3 weeks which really annoyed me because this mascara isn't cheap. Did not and will not repurchase.

The first few times, it feels worth it. When you apply it the first few mornings onto freshly curled lashes and it carefully coats and separates each lash and you get that VAVOOM-look-at-me-go feeling. It feels worth $23 a tube.
The first few nights you go to take it off and it takes you 10 minutes to remove, it feels worth it.
The first few mornings where you wake up with it on your chin, it still feels worth it.
It's not.
Over time I've noticed the great mascara feeling only lasts a few minutes. Then my lashes fall and smear.
Don't do this to yourself.
Maybe buy the sample size and use the lovely wand?
Or buy a spoolie with a ball tip and stick it in some L'Oreal Vouminous

on 3/17/2015 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Bought a $10 travel size of this mascara at the airport. I liked the small size, and was admittedly sucked in by the name. I found it doesn't separate all my lashes and is a bit too gooey. I also couldn't wipe the wand off to improve application, since the little spikes make it impossible (as opposed to a traditional brush). Overall, it wasn't terrible, but I really like a mascara to coat and separate my fine lashes without making them stick together and look fake. I have to mention the irony in the application video (on the Sephora site) that says it's "..for the look of false lashes.." !! Kind of a contradiction, don't you think?
BOTTOM LINE: Doesn't work with my fine lashes but I could see how it might be ok for someone with thicker lashes or who is going for a more dramatic (i.e. "false eyelash") look.

on 3/16/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. after trying the small one from Sephora my mother took one look at me and said "Oh My God you have eyelashes" and she was right I have tiny short lashes that never seem to curl. With this magic potion I've got more lash than Minnie Mouse. I've bought 3 since that time and don't regret a single re-purchase.

on 3/15/2015 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best mascara I've ever used.

Cannot compare to any MaxFactor or other mascaras, because it makes my lashes super long and curled up. Awesome in general :)

Deffo will buy again

on 3/14/2015 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Another ok mascara from benefit, this one is very good at lengthening, not good at thickening though. It's best not to do too many coats with this or it will clump.

I used to use this over the top of benefit badgal lash as they work well together, but I wouldn't buy again because you shouldn't need to use two mascaras. I found this dried up quickly, but it wasn't expensive for a higher end brand so ya get what you pay for.

*TIP curl lashes before (ALWAYS before) applying this to prevent lashes looking spidery.
Xx

on 3/11/2015 3:18:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for a while now and it's definitely one of my favourites. It gives your lashes awesome length with a natural look. I've been asked countless times which mascara I used when I wore this mascara. It barely clumps as well. The only thing that isn't great about this mascara is the price, but if you want to treat yourself I'd definitely consider splurging on this mascara!

Popular Mascaras