BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2036 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 4/23/2015 7:14:00 AM

My absolute favourite mascara! The only one I have been able to find that has not clumped at all. I HATE unnatural looking lashes as well as clumps and spidery looking lashes, and this fits what I want in a mascara. There's no specific smell, it's very black and I actually don't find it hard to remove at all... It comes off after one wipe with my nivea eye makeup remover. LOVE THIS! I have repurchased this twice and I will continue to do so until the day I die.

on 4/22/2015 8:07:00 AM

Okay--this product is going to be someone's all-time favorite while being other's worst nightmare.

For me, it falls somewhere in the middle range. Here is why:

I have naturally very long, very thick eyelashes due to a condition where the lashes grow in layers from almost under the eyelid (fun fact: Elizabeth Taylor had it!) it sounds like it would be great, but this can cause a lot of problems, the least of which is super long eyelashes which grow so they poke me in the eye or get stuck and scrape against my cornea. Ouch.

Fastforwarding to my review of They're Real! mascara, this stuff really does what it promises. It looks like I'm wearing very glamorous falsies, the tips go up into eyebrow territory, I kid you not. The formula can be clumpy, though, if you don't take the time to apply carefully. The brush design is pretty cool though, with the ball on the end and whatnot. It stays on and doesn't end up under my eyes after a long night (I do not wear this stuff during the day--it is way too dramatic for my tastes) but it also is a b**** to get off. I feel like Derek Zoolander with the garbage can full of used cotton puffs when I'm done taking it off for the night. I have found that coconut oil left on the lashes for a minute does expedite the process.

I do love the way this stuff looks on when I'm going out, my lashes look huge and long and like Patrick Star when he imagines himself with 40 lashes, but overall I don't like how much of a hassle it is to remove, and how it exacerbates my lash pokey-ness. I love Benefit products and will always come back to them for the tried-and-true stuff but I'll probably have to pass when it comes time for me to change out my mascara.

Ok, that was a very windy long review. Hope it helps some people!

on 4/22/2015 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awful. Bought this product yesterday from a benefit counter. I was previously using 'roller lash' another benefit mascara but didn't like the finish it gave me. Roller lash was the first mascara I had used from benefit and the consistency of the mascara itself was perfect, not too dry, but not too gloopy. I asked the women working on the stand to advise me on a mascara I could use for lashes that looked thick and had volume. She suggested this. Was really excited to try it, until I put I on this morning. The wand feels very abrasive and doesn't do what I imagined it would. The mascara is very dry already and it's just not nice feeling. Not to mention my eyelashes are clumpy, stuck together and look like spiders legs! I like to consider benefit to be a 'non high street' brand like maybelline or Rimmel, but I feel like I'd have been more satisfied with what they produce, and paying 20 for it makes it worse. Been absolutely robbed with this product, avoid it at all costs!!!

on 4/21/2015 11:57:00 PM

I really like this mascara because it doesn't take several coats to make my lashes full but not clumpy. They look pretty amazing after just one swipe. It is a bit hard to remove, even with eye make up remover, but it gets the job done when it comes to making my eyelashes look pretty fantastic without a lot of work. For the record, I don't have to curl my lashes, so that may color my opinion a bit.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This mascara really separates and lengthens. It didn't give any volume at all, but overall its a pretty decent mascara. It is a high-end product so its around $23 which isn't too bad if you really love it. The mascara itself is so difficult to remove, that I only use it when I need full coverage. I definitely wouldn't purchase the full size again, because it dries up pretty fast, but I would buy the sample size which is around $10.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hate this mascara. I got it as a sample and it was so nice. After purchasing a full sized version I regretted it!

It's just a total clumpy mess on me. I've tried using it with two different lash primers but it still looks horrible. I've had luck with similar style brushes so I thought this mascara would've worked. It may be the formula? I find benefits mascaras are very dry.

on 4/17/2015 7:08:00 AM

It seems people either love this or don't like it at all.
The benefit sales consultant convinced me to try this after using the bad gal lash for many many years. Argh! I was so disappointed. It didn't do for me what the bad gal lash does. It provides length but not the thickness...
Back to the bad gal

on 4/15/2015 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Not impressed, gives the same look as Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara. Which is ok but for the price & hype, I expected better.

on 4/15/2015 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

It does give length and the wand helps separate lashes but not volume and curl if that's what you look for.

I like the concept of this brush. The regular bristles with the medieval weapon type thing at the end. I also liked that drier formula but it was too messy for me. Within minutes it was under my eyes

Video Reviews & Tutorials