September 17, 2014 | 985 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by sauce62

So, I am addicted to reading the perfume reviews. Read them every day. Decided I must try this after being seduced by your reviews. Ordered a sample from The Perfumed Court. Holy Mother of God!! This is awful. It gives perfume a bad name. Nursing a mild migraine induced by the aroma thereof. Reminds me of Dune which I also cannot abide. Really, truly awful. I also ordered the Poison line. which I also feel may have been a regrettable choice. Will be back to review shortly. P.S. I also don't get J'Adore, so may be a Dior thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by lunaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this as a gift and love it! It's sexy and well-composed and I feel so elegant when I wear it. Definitely a fall/winter perfume. It might be a little much for day time wear. It's perfect for dressing up and going out for a night on the town.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading numerous reviews for this scent, I figured I HAD to try it. I am usually a lover of vanilla orientals and the notes in this seemed to fit the bill. Was I ever wrong! This scent was awful on me. I know, I know I just do not "appreciate" the scent, I am "not mature enough" for it. No, my body chemistry rejected this. Initial sniff, I got a very chemical-laden, bug spray smell. Then, I sat back and waited for it to morph into this beautiful monarch butterfly of a scent..and, well...that never came. The scent remained very heavy, resinous and balmy. Does this contain opoponax? Bc this turned the same way as Shalimar on my skin. I did not get any of the "dirty/musky" scent that people describe but it was no more pleasant nonetheless. Needless to say I, nor my bf was impressed. Bottom line ladies: Do not let others opinions of what a "good" perfume is dictate your choices. This may be a classic French designer, but perhaps a drugstore cologne works for you. If you feel sexy in it and you receive compliments when you wear it - than THAT'S the fragrance you should be wearing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by longcara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow this is one AMAZING fragrance!!!
I normally dont buy vanilla based fragrances, as more often than not they are sweet sickly and tweeny, but Dior Addict is in a different league, its warm, cozy and sexy!! Lasts a really long time on skin, one spray is enough for the whole day, and lasts even longer on clothes. My go to winter fragrance for years to come, if you havent tried it , i encourage you to check it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

I am so no good at describing perfumes but I do know I'm a hard sell, so for me to stop, turn around, RUN to a counter to try something that I smell on someone else means something. I tried the new Belle Opium recently because I had smelled it on a woman and it was horrible on me. Addict comes along and just pulled me right in, it's rich and I mean RICH with woods and vanilla. It's a wonderful combination. It is the warmest scent I have ever worn and this is coming from a woman who 35 years ago swore she would never wear anything but Shalimar. Saying that, I only wish I had known about Addict years ago. It's with me forever, even if the name is horrible...this beautiful perfume deserves a lovely name, not that. Nothing harsh here, but lush, lush and I mean lush. And a p.s. oh yea men? they love this, oh yes they do. Try it, let is warm up and you'll see why Addict is perfection in a bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by languagegames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I dithered for a while on Addict- in theory, it seems like my perfect perfume and I have stubbornly tried to make it work. It's not as garish as people think- at least if you're wearing it right and it likes you. The drydown is very nice in its faintest stage- quite warm and vanilla-driven. However, that being said, waiting to get to that point is a trial for me. The opening is absolutely screechy; all I smell on my skin is dead, dry leaves and strong powder... the overall effect is oddly metallic. An hour or so later it does quiet, but still manages to holler rather than settle down nicely. (Sorry for the weird mixed metaphors.) I have known people who wear Addict really well and I envy them, but it seriously does not work for me. Dior's vanillas just don't. Addict pulls strangely synthetic with my skin chemistry, and Hypnotic Poison smells like a root beer float. Dior has already graced me with J'Adore- I'll stick to Shalimar and Victoria's Secret Cashmere for my vanilla fixes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by MUAdays

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Looove it. I'm a huge vanillafan, but the fruity or candysweet notes that often come with vanilla scents just don't do it for me. Addict whatsoever is a great match. It's warm, powdry, woody, sexy, but not breathtaking heavy nor giving me a sore throat (which happens whenever I smell Casmir, it is kinda... well, scratchy, sandy). It's more ''toasted honey'' than ''lollipop'', then again more a subtle ''moan'' than a velvet bombard. In my opinion it has a good balance between western style seductiveness and oriental whispers. I don't think it is ''brothelish'' at all and would totally wear this during the day as long as it's not at work.

(The only thing I don't like besides the price is its clumsy, mock-egyptian packaging. But I'll get over it. ;))

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by alessiapasquali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first came across Dior addict when it was first released and I was around 13(far too young to pull off such a womanly scent!) and loved it, however being so young I moved on to other fragrances very quickly. It was only until i decided to take another smell of it many years later in Galleries Lafayette in Paris that I fell madly, truly and deeply in love with it(this was 4 years ago now so i have definately converted to a one perfume woman having always tired of perfumes after a while). It really is the most beautiful scent, with oriental orange blossom notes and a feminine vanilla undertone. It's a very difficult smell to be able to describe in writing so I urge all ladies to try it on when you are next passing a Dior counter. Its a very sexy, confident and feminine smell and I only wear it at night as it is a dark, sensual fragrance and i am not kidding when i say this MEN LOVE IT!!! I have never seen men react to perfume in this way it is a total man magnet as it is so sexy. I refuse to wear any other perfume on a night out! It is a strong fragrance so you don't need alot and it lasts all day(and night) so in that way, even though its expensive (come on you have to pay big for Dior!) it does last a long time. The deep blue bottle really reflects the mood of the perfume, dark and sensual. you can also lock the nozzle by twisting it which is great so you wont have any "lid came of in my bag/leakage" drama.
Sorry to have written such a long essay about this pefume but i have such a love affair with it that i couldn't help it! Be bold and brave women and wear this remarkable perfume with pride, you will not regret it and I guarantee you will always recieve compliments when wearing it! Dior Addict till the end!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is one of my favorite fragrances ever, and definitely one of Dior's best. I like this original version the best. It is spicy and sweet, and very sexy. It very potent, so use sparingly. It dries down to a beautiful scent, and has some interesting notes. There are 4 different versions of Dior Addict, but this to me is the best one, the rest are quite tame and more floral. This has a floral heart but it has a strong vanilla scent to it. I love love love this one. Hope they never discontinue it! Very sensual.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by tecumsum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! This fragrance is hard to describe. I love it. It smells unlike anything that I have ever smelled. Not girly, but hard-core, down-right sexy and raunchy woman smell. I feel like a sexpot whenever I wear this. I've never worn it in the summer because it is strong. For some reason, I tend to gravitate towards heavy scents. This is definitely an attention-getter and a man magnet. The drydown is fascinating and captivating. Excellent sillage.