Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 3/17/2015 12:32:00 PM

Minimal coverage, so loaded with crap that my skin reacted the second I applied it. Not surprisingly, when I gave it a second chance and kept it on, it broke me out like crazy. Don't bother with this one

on 3/15/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a great foundation! I've been using this for about two months straight and have been loving it. (For reference, I have oil/combo skin with dry patches and an oily t-zone) This foundation is about $30 CAD which is a little pricey and I have only been able to find it at shoppers drug mart...but, if you are an optimum member you can save up points and get it for "free". It comes in about 8 shades, but from my knowledge only 6 shades are available in Canada. It has a pump which is always a bonus and the packaging is all plastic. Lastly, the foundation is not too think but not too thin, just right and it also has a fruity scent to it which I love (almost like Garnier products...).

Now for my thoughts: The fact that I have been using this foundation for about 2 months and have not even thought about any other foundation is enough of a statement. I'm known for hoarding foundations and have tried almost everything in the drugstore and even a few high-end products; nothing even comes close to this. This foundation gives a light to medium coverage depending on which tool you use to apply it. I found my fingers and a flat-top brush gave me a sheer look that was very dewy; not really what i wanted. BUT the Quo "beauty blender" gave me the perfect finish (also available at SDM). All I did was wet the sponge and apply the foundation to my face in a stippling motion making sure not to run the sponge over my face or else it would give a sheer finish. Doing this gave me great coverage and covered up a lot of my acne scars without making it look like I'm wearing a mask!:) At first, the foundation looked dewy, but after a few minutes it gave me a skin-like finish.
The wear of this is where it loses points. It doesn't last 16 hours on my skin, but I've worn worst foundation. I found that WITH a primer it separated on my skin and left a oily shield...which might be the primers fault, but even without a primer I found that it got oily after about 6 hours. This foundation did not make me break out at all and it might just be me and my eyes but I see slight improvements in my skin in terms of texture and radiance. My skin looks and feels more even.
The gel-formula is like nothing that I've experience before. The foundation isn't chalky which i Love. The colour is true to what it looks like, and because of the gel, the product glides onto the skin evenly.
At the end of the day, the foundation still looks great regardless of the fact that it has come off at a few places (around the nose/top of the lip), but don't expect to have this on your face for a long time as it will not stay.

I'm absolutely in love with this foundation and am looking forward to buying more shades in the summer when my skin gets deeper in colour. I highly recommend that all skin types try this (unless you are at the far end of the spectrum: extremely dry and extremely oily). This would also be great for those just starting to get into makeup and also for those who are at a later stage in life.

Another issue I have is the colour range. I love that a lot of foundations are neutral-yellow based (not commonly found in drugstore), but it only caters to a select few skin tones. This line has no colours for fair skin or deep skin tones. I am an nc20-25/C3 in MAC and use the shade 52-Vanilla which is slightly too light for me (but I mix covergirl trumatch in M4 too add more yellow and more depth to the foundation). I wish Bourjois would cater to all skin tones and undertones as this is a fabulous foundation.

If this foundation is available in your area, go out and get it!!

on 3/14/2015 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's gives such a great natural finish to the skin. Doesn't cover everything, but that's why I say "natural" finish. Lightweight, and the serum-like texture makes it so easy to apply. I have severely oily skin, but it's also sensitive and has dry patches from acne, so the formula is nice. I don't know about others but I love the fruity smell - it's a great pick-me-up in the morning. Unfortunately I do have severely oily skin, so in about 8 hours the foundation has disappeared from my cheeks and nose.

on 3/12/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It is a nice fresh foundation , it makes the skin look healthy, it feels great, goes on looking natural and a bit dewey..my skin is on the dry side and likes that foundation lots! Nice selection of colors..coverage is sheer overall, so if you have lots to hide, might not be enough. I like it.

on 3/12/2015 1:53:00 PM

This is my favorite base product and it has been for a while. I like it because it is a serum, which means that it's very light in consistency and coverage. It feels light on the skin and I wear this every day because I really want my skin to still look like skin and I am a fan of the fresh, no make-up look. Highly recommend this for everyone who have dry skin and want something very light and moisturizing. Love this!

on 3/9/2015 3:18:00 AM

My HD foundation for everyday! It's one of the only foundations that I've repurchased multiple times and will continue to repurchase. First off, the texture is amazing- it's really different from any other foundation I've tried (I've tried a lot and a lot of them feel heavy on the skin for me). The texture is gel-like so when you apply it, it feels really fresh and light going on the skin. I have combination, acne-prone and super sensitive skin and I've never had a problem with breakouts with this foundation. If anything, my skin's texture looks and feels better after I apply it (I think the vitamins in the ingredients have something to do with it).

I'd say it's medium coverage but you can build it in thin layers up to full coverage. I love how it feels super weightless and soothing on the skin (almost like a gel moisturizer) but gives really good coverage. The first time I used it I was surprised at how little concealer I needed after! The finish leaves your skin looking really fresh and healthy- kind of in between dewy and matte. I usually set my makeup with a light dusting of powder just to keep shine at bay. It's amazing to use on days where you're looking tired because it really makes your skin look glowing.

The scent is also amazing- it's mild but really refreshing (it's almost a fruity scent but not overpowering at all). Side note on the scent- if you're feeling tired in the morning, it's a good pick-me-up when you're applying your makeup. Packaging is also super light and convenient and the little nozzle dispenses just the right amount. Overall, LOVE this foundation and will continue to repurchase.

on 3/6/2015 11:37:00 AM

I can't describe how happy I am. It was a spontaneous decision to buy it, but I believe it was faith:
1. Color: Number 52 Vanilla is just the perfect colour for me. It's funny because it worked on all of my friends too. I think it would be a NC 15-20. I don't really like the MAC foundations because the colour looks so fake. This colour actually looks like a realistic skin colour. It's neutral to yellow toned.
2. Fragrance: It may seem as a strong fruity fragrance when you smell it, but after you apply it on the face it disappears. I asked my sister to smell my face to be sure (i know, creepy) and she said she can't smell anything at all.
3. Stayping power: I have dry to normal skin with oily T-zone. I got home after 9 hours and it was still looking amazing. (i used powder for my t-zone)
4. Finish: It's a slightly dewy finish, but it doesn't look fake or glittery. It literally looks like healthy glowing skin.
5. Coverage: I would say a light to medium coverage because it's definitely buildable. I love that it doesn't cake at all.
6. Other: It looks really natural, but it covers imperfections quite well. If you touch your face you can't even feel like you've got foundation on, it feels like your skin. Also, I have sensitive acne-prone skin with redness problems and it didn't break me out or irritate me.

I am pretty sure I found my perfect foundation and it isn't pricey at all.

on 3/5/2015 2:51:00 PM

Firstly I adore this foundation, if you have dry skin then this is the foundation for you! That is a bold statement but as someone who has bought and tried more foundations than I care to admit I think this far outstrips some of the higher end foundations I have tried. If you have oily skin I would steer clear of this but for those on the drier side it is perfection.

The consistency is gel like and reasonably thin. I think this applies best with a damp beauty blender but you could use a brush if you preferred. This is one of the few foundations that doesnt suck all of the moisture out of my skin and gives a nice finish.

The coverage is fairly sheer so you can achieve a nice natural look (you could possibly build this to almost medium with several layers). The only downside is its lasting power but in all honesty if you require a moisturising foundation I think you have to forgo longevity. With a primer and light powder this usually lasts up around 5-6 hours (ish).

on 3/5/2015 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Let me just start with saying that i almost never write reviews. I will do this only when I am very very impressed and with this foundation I can really say so.

I have very dry skin and I have tried several foundations until I found this one. My god, this thing is amazing. It makes my skin glow (not in a greasy way), lasts all day and actually feels comfortable on my skin. I am from Northern Europe and my skin is very fair, especially during winter and their colours 51 and 52 (I am mac NC15) suit me perfectly, even when I am not tanned. I have also very acne prone skin, which means most of the foundations make some spots appear here and there, but I had never any problems with this foundation It actually cleared my skin up! I am using this with the primer and set everything with healthy mix powder (which is also amazing!) I recommend this product highly. It is better than MOST high end foundations and it is not that expensive either. I live currently in Belgium and i got it with 13.99 Euros, which is cheap. Love the smell of this foundation as well, SO FRUITY!

I hope this will never ever get discontinued!!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was looking for something a little bit lighter in texture and coverage for the colder months and purchased this on a whim. No regrets! This stuff gives a light-medium coverage, but is definitely buildable. Upon initial application it looks like a second skin, really natural and polished. Once my oils peek through throughout the day, I'm left with a really nice and healthy lit-from-within glow. I tend to have an oily t-zone but with primer and powder, I'll only feel the need to blot at around the 5hr mark. For application I use a damp sponge (RT) and find that this achieves a more natural and dewy finish. Even when paired with a brush, this foundation applies smoothly and effortlessly without setting too quickly as you work it in. My new go to winter foundation!