October 25, 2014 | 975 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my favorite foundation, which hurts a little bit because it is not available in the US and has to be purchased online. Nonetheless, it is absolutely beautiful, affordable (even with shipping) and so nice to my skin. I have dry/combination skin and this glides over all of my dry areas with ease, provides just the perfect amount of coverage, and has a natural/dewy finish. I use the shade 51 light vanilla, which is a perfect color for me. It lasts fairly well, especially if you use a primer (I usually can't be fussed, however) I just set it with Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray and that works for me. It would probably last longer if you set it with powder, but powders just never sit right on my skin. Aside from being beautiful looking and fuss free, my favorite thing about this foundation is it absolutely doesn't bother my skin at all, or leave it congested feeling. I really do hope they decide to start selling this in the US, because I am in love.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Minirockss

Overall, this is probably one of my favourite foundations because of its super lightweight consistency. I hate the caked up heavy look, and I love how I'm truly able to feel my skin breathe while wearing this. It gives a very natural and dewy finish, and although it does get oily throughout the day, I much prefer dewy formulas than heavy matte looks. It's not oily to the point that I look like a grease ball. This product smells amazing (like fruit plus flowers), and if you don't like scents, don't worry because it goes away really quickly. I am in the shade 52, and it matches my skintone pretty well. On good skin days, I love to just dab this with my fingers to cover up redness and blackheads on the nose instead of applying it on the entire face. While I do love this foundation, I would not repurchase this because it contains a supposedly harmful chemical ingredient called aluminum starch...(don't rmb the full name). For daily use, I'm trying to stick to a safer product. OH, and this also contains denatured alcohol.

I recommend this to those with normal or combination skin, and those who prefer lightweight makeup. This has light coverage that will only be able to even out your skintone. It is SLIGHTLY buildable (you might have to apply many layers to add only a little coverage). Throughout the day, it does fade and wear off. The price is pretty expensive for a drugstore product, but I think it's worth it in general. Once again, the major turn-off for me is the ingredient list.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by thejabs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not sure I like this one.

- Provides very, very little coverage, even though I used three pumps. The coverage is great for those who are after a very light look, but I have clear skin and it wasn't enough. No matter which brush I used, I felt like the foundation wasn't 'sticking' onto my skin properly.

- I don't like the thin consistency either, though I guess the plus side to that is that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask.

- I find that it has a slight satin finish on my dry skin. Not sure how it wears throughout the day as I've only worn it for short periods of time

-Accentuates dry flakes! Big no-no for me.

I don't think I'll be repurchasing. I might give the original healthy mix foundation a go, but 'Id rather fork out money for a high end foundation that's perfect on my skin. It does smell really good though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lovelyvenice

I seriously can't believe how amazing this foundation is and how amazingly CHEAP it is. I've tried so many foundations, from Revlon to Make Up Forever to Nars, Estée Lauder, MAC. Most of those are pretty pricey yet none compare to how beautiful this foundation leaves the skin. It's a really thin formula but the coverage is medium and buildable. It leaves a dewy/ satin finish that doesn't appear greasy or oily, just natural and healthy and wait for it-glowy. Who doesn't love to look like you're glowing from within?! Without primer this lasts me quite a while, 4 hours. And the only area that needs to be touched up is my t-zone. But with primer it lasts all day! I wouldn't say it lasts the 16 hours claim on the bottle though. Just buy this foundation it's freakin CHEAP and so beautiful I am so happy I found it.
By the way, they don't sell this in the US anywhere. But I got mine on eBay for 12 bucks holla!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by doubleglowwseven

I picked this up on a whim, even though it's pricey here in Canada. $28.00 CAD at Shopper's Drug Mart. I usually like a more high coverage foundation and this is light-medium coverage. I can build it up to a medium no problem. But I love this so much!! You can't see it on your skin hardly at all. The finish is a beautiful semi-matte, very natural looking. Lasting power is pretty good, I wouldn't say 16hr but a solid 8-10. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush to apply it. I have normal to occasionally dry skin. The undertone is perfect for me. I bought it in a darker (my self tanner shade) in 53, I'm about a nc25 then. But even when I don't have alot self tanner on, it still works. There is a limited shade selection though. This is a perfect no fuss, natural looking day to day foundation. I will repurchase in a heartbeat!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by tarayeo

This foundation is really light on the skin and gives a light to medium coverage. Has a really natural finish on the skin that is sort of semi-matte. Would love it for an everyday foundation but in my country the shade range is pretty limited. Therefore I can't seem to find a match. But otherwise, lovely foundation. Maybe I'll get it when I go overseas.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a real shame Bourjois isn't sold in the US. This is a really beautiful foundation. The only complaint I have is the fact that it includes fragrance, although I do have to say it hasn't caused any sensitivity.
The coverage is light, but can be built to medium without losing its gorgeous semi matte finish. Doesn't settle into pores or fine lines AT ALL. It's nearly imperceptible on the skin.
It wears comfortably and lasts a good 10 hours, though I did need a bit of powder on the nose around the 5 hour mark.
All the wonderful things you hear about this beauty are true!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by tampants

So I was at the drugstore and saw this stuff out of the corner of my eye, I hadn't seen it before so I quickly tested it on my hand. It sunk in to my skin like nothing I've ever seen, it was amazing. Nothing has ever done that before! I bought it to see if it would work the same on my face and it did!

I bought mine in the shade 51 Vanille Clair, it's an excellent match for NC 15 skin. It's yellow toned though, so it you have any pink in your skin it may not be a great match for you. Shade selection in this foundation is not great to be honest. It's not high coverage either so if you're looking for a heavy foundation this is not for you! It's a heavier sheer foundation, if that makes sense. Feels like you aren't wearing anything, but will help to even out your skin tone and will cover MINOR imperfections. You'll definitely still need concealer for any scars or blemishes.

Initially this goes on sooooo beautifully, it's my favourite foundation at the moment. The only thing is, it doesn't last very long. I have oily skin and it only lasts about 4-5 hours before becoming quite oily in my t-zone (even with primer and setting powder). It's still beautiful though and even after several hours of wear it doesn't look bad, I just look oily on my nose and forehead. I use blotting sheets and it looks fine after that. If you're the kind of girl who can't stand any oil peeking through, you probably won't like this!

I can see this working very well for someone who has dryer skin, or normal skin. Personally my skin can be pretty oily and I still use it anyways, just be sure to blot. Beautiful foundation, the most natural looking one I've tried so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have just tried this today in the shade 52 Vanilla and it is good for NC25 NW25 skin. I did not like the original Healthy Mix with the black cap, but I really like this serum one.

In short, if you have combination or oily skin with some dry patches and not many imperfections and want a natural matte finish, get this one!

This is great for oily and combination skin like mine! The consistency is runny and it feels watery (maybe it has no silicon) so it is not the easiest to blend and needs a while to set and dry, but when it does, it leaves a beautiful finish. Very natural looking and feels like skin to the touch as if you have really applied a watery light weight serum with colour pigment to make your skin look better.

I think this foundation offers sheer to medium coverage, and it is not very buidable unless you wait 3 minutes before layering it. Good for oily and combination skin. Shades are neutral so good for yellow and pink based undertones. Feels great on the skin like you are wearing nothing, looks glowy but MATTE and stays like so the whole day.

I was going to return it when I find that it is difficult to layer and blend, but once it sets, I saw how beautiful it looks and decided to keep it because it does not accentuates dry patches on the skin and has friendly ingredients. I will pair it up with a good concealer to cover imperfections instead of trying to build it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by charmedmanic

Who couldn't resist giving this a shot after essiebutton has raved on about it so passionately?! I couldn't (and that's why YouTube marketing works kids). Colour range is poor, 51 is too light for me, 52 is too dark. When I first tried it I thought oh boy, greasy grease. I really had to buff this guy into my face and layer with some powder but it seems the more I use it the less shiny it becomes. I'm not sure if the mixture had settled and there was more oil on top but I'm not complaining now. Can leave dry patches but I've found that only when I touch my face. Don't bother it and its a great foundation!