Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection

4.5

on 6/5/2014 4:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Totally jumping on the bandwagon with these. This is a set of 4 brushes: a buffing brush, a contouring brush, a small detailer brush and a pointed foundation brush which come in a handy kit.

The buffing brush really perfects the finish of your foundation, applies powder flawlessly and generally blends out whatever needs to be blended out in order to achieve an airbrushed look.

The contouring brush is divine, it's the perfect size for contouring those cheekbones plus the dense, feathery bristles really help diffuse the color so you won't get that annoying streak of color. Plus it is also great for applying powder in smaller areas like under the eyes, nose, chin etc.

The detailer brush is a brilliant multi-tasker. It conceals spots, applies lip product, smudges some eyeshadow on the lower lashline, highlights under the brow.

The pointed foundation brush is okay, it works best in some more tough areas such as the sides of your nose and generally smaller sections of your face where foundation needs to be perfected. I especially like to use this to "clean up" my undereye area after I've done my eyeshadow. However I wouldn't recommend using it for undereye concealing since every time I've used it, I felt the need to go back and blend my concealer even more with my fingers and I don't need all that extra work.

I really like the sleek, black travel case this comes in, makes it a lifesaver for travelling, plus the case can hold more brushes than the ones that come with. So happy I made this purchase, I'm extremely happy with this product.

on 5/25/2014 7:24:00 AM

Good quality brushes at a reasonable price. Love the fact that they come with a practical case. I find myself using mostly the buffing brush and the contouring brush. The buffing brush is definitely my favourite as it helps achieve a faultless look. The contouring brush does a good job. The detailing brush is OK but the foundation brush is too small, I never use it as it would take me ages to apply my foundation with it. I wish these brushes would be "softer" though, they're compact which is good but a little too hard. I could repurchase the whole package again, if nothing else because it's a lot of brush + case for money!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This set is great in achieving flawless coverage(liquid/cream/powder!

on 5/20/2014 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would not buy this again because I would only need another one of the buffering brushes. I do not like the foundation brush they give, way too thin and small, takes much longer to do foundation and not as natural looking as the buffer brush! The detailer brush I really like for inner corner highlight and spot concealing those really bad breakouts that I get (usually only get small breakouts that foundation covers), I like how thin the handle is for itís really easy to carry with you on the go! Contour brush is great, wishing it was a little bit smaller to be a little bit more precise but it does do a decent job, and great with cream products. Last but definitely not least is the buffing brush, my absolute favourite of the set. Wishing it was also sold separately so I could get another one so I have a backup! Really greak for buffing in your foundation, also like to use it after I apply blush and bronzer to make it not as harsh. This brush does wonders for fixing things up! Also it makes it very natural, it doesnít necessarily sheer out the product, it just makes it less cakey looking.All in all great set.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Great collection of brushes! I especially love the concealer brush and the buffing brush. All brushes are great quality and don't shed at all!

on 5/10/2014 10:58:00 AM

I would think that these brushes would be better quality. For starters, the brushes are not soft whatsoever... Which is shocking cuz I've never owned brushes with no softness. My elf brushes are cheaper and way softer than these. Now how can anyone think that anyone could apply there foundation with the pointed foundation brush. It's too small and makes foundation look streaky. The contour brush is good. The buffing brush is good. I don't really like the detailed brush I have no use for it...

on 5/3/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Looove this make up brushes!
If you are looking for good quality and great price, this is the one!
The brushes bristles are very soft, they are very well made. Its perfect for powder and liquid, since they are synthetic but yet soft.
The buffing brush is the best one of them, i use it mostly when i use studio fix foundation, as it is powder, but i can use it for blush, highlighter and lose powder too.
When i set studio fix with it my skin looks flawless.
The pointed foundation brush that comes in this core collection is too tiny for foundation in my opinion (i have the RT essentials set and it comes with a bigger one) so i use this one for concealer and it is great!
The contour brush, i use for set powder under my eyes and for highlighters.
The detailer brush, i use for its purpose, conceal small areas.
You just have to be careful when handling and avoid to drop it on the floor because it can knead and deform the brush. (I droped the pointed foundation one and deformed) I have the starter set also and as i said, the essential one, all them are worth it!

on 4/18/2014 8:45:00 PM

I have to say this is one of the best purchases I've made in a long time! I'm beating myself up for not doing it sooner! These brushes are so gorgeous, soft, absolutely no shedding, and truly value for money. I wished they existed years ago, before I bought the awful Coastal Scents brushes that won't stop shedding, coming apart, and generally making my makeup routine less pleasant.

Buffing brush: The reason I bought this set. This is probably my favourite of the lot. It feels soft on the skin, and blends my foundation to look like second skin! I use this to apply foundation, set loose powder, and even apply my Guerlain meteorites. Love!

Contour brush: I don't contour, so I wish this was a blush brush instead. It would really be more suitable in a CORE collection. That said, I still use it as a blush brush, though it is a bit small for that. It is covers a smaller area, so I need more time to place blush where I want it. But it still gets the job done beautifully.

Flat foundation brush: This is too small to actually apply foundation, and I prefer a fuller brush for this purpose. I tried using it for concealer, but it seemed to absorb more product than a regular nylon concealer brush and I didn't get the coverage I wanted. It also felt kinda pokey for blending out concealer under my eyes. I use this to set powder on specific spots where I've concealed, so I guess it's not a total waste!

Detailer brush: This is so great for spot concealing and gorgeous as a lip brush. I wish I have two of these so I can use them for both purposes!

Brush case: This also acts as a stand for your brushes, but it's too inconvenient to put them back into the holder all the time. Instead, I use it to dry my brushes upside down. Will also use this for travelling. This is quite handy and functional. No complaints about it as it comes with this inexpensive set of brushes. I don't expect premium quality from this case.

Minus one lippie for the brushes not being available outside of the set, lack of a blush brush, and a foundation brush that nobody really cares for. But overall, awesome, awesome brushes at 18 USD. I have paid a lot more for brushes that are vastly inferior to these.

on 4/13/2014 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These brushes are great. Good quality, good price.

on 4/12/2014 8:05:00 PM

These brushes are amazing! Nearly every youtuber has these brushes that is why I bought them as I had heard so many good reviews! I knew they would be good but not as good as they turned out to be! I would definitely re purchase these!

Pros:
They don't shed bristles
They blend the product easily and make application much easier in my eyes
They have a stand/travelling case so they don't bend

Cons:
They don't sell these brushes individually
They are quite expensive if you are on a low budget but on the other hand they are worth the money as the old saying goes you get what you pay for!

Thanks, hannah5777