July 25, 2014 | 1617 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by joyonicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow. I thought the acclaimed UDPP would be my HG primer forever and always, but I ran out a couple days ago and needed some primer for a night out. Didn't want to go all the way to the mall for Sephora, so I just grabbed this from a nearby drugstore for about $6.

It felt a little oily on my lids (which are already pretty oily), but it really captures eyeshadow and makes it stay put. I woke up the next day having forgotten to take off my face the previous night and my eye makeup still looked perfect. I was also using Coastal Scents eyeshadow - if anyone else is familiar with them, their bright matte colors tend to be a little chalky - but with this primer they all looked the same color as they did on the palette.

I also use a little bit on the sides of my nose because I use a taupe eyeshadow to contour, and that stays put all day as well. No breakouts either.

This primer works as well as, if not better than UDPP. It's also cheap as dirt compared to the UDPP, so I'll definitely be repurchasing this. My only annoyance is the packaging; it's not bad by any means but I would prefer if it came in a squeeze tube, instead of having me apply it with a doefoot applicator. More sanitary, but not big enough of a deal to take off a lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great primer. I have oily eyelids and only slight discoloration. I use this and my eyeshadow does not crease at all. It's hard to justify purchasing a high end primer (I've tried a couple) when this performs just as well for me. I received a trial size in the Dark Shadows palette, but I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One word, HORRIBLE!! This primer shouldn't even be called a primer, it litterally had so much slip my eye shadows BARELY adhered. I should have known better, sadly my ELF Eyelid primer holds better than this, and is only a 1.00 vs 5 bucks and some change. If your in the market for an affordable primer skip this and purchase the ELF eyelid primer. I still think UDPP is the best primer I've tried, can't wait to try toofaced shadow insurance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I tried this primer a while back and I remember loving it. I have used quite a few primers and this one definitely helped to keep my eyeshadows looking great There was no creasing throughout the day. It lasts about 8 hrs or so on my oily eyelids but that's pretty good if you ask me for a drugstore product. It costs about $8-10 and I think it's worth a shot if you want to buy an affordable eye primer. I remember back in the day when I think L'Oreal was the only drugstore brand that made one (and it wan't even good) so I'm happy to see primers like this come onto the market. We gals don't have to spend tons of money on department store brands!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

This seems so much better than MAC eye primer (in a pot) - what a pleasant surprise. I just got it and have tested it. I will update the review later when I have worn it a few times.
Jan/13 update: I have been wearing it everyday, it is a good primer,but it hasnīt knocked my socks off. Feels a bit oily and I will keep searching for the holy grail..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Wow. I got a small trial-sized version in the Crimson Amulet palette from NYX, and I am seriously impressed! I neglected this little gem at first because I was using a different primer at the time, but now I use this primer every single day! I have seriously gone an entire day (roughly 10 hours) with no creasing and continuously vibrant color. I am seriously impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by rosenkreutz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only eye primer I have used as I'm still generally new to makeup (have only been using it for a year) and I am on a budget so I haven't had the chance to try other great primers out there like Shadow Insurance or Primer Potion. However, I did do my 'research' for a quality yet inexpensive eye primer before I made a purchase. I decided on this one and I was not disappointed. This does not make my eyeshadow crease and it still looks great by the end of the day. At times, colour it's as vibrant (just a bit) by the end of the day but overall, my eye makeup still looks good. I am happy with this primer and have only recently started using a new one - I had one for probably half a year that I used regularly before I needed a new one (before then, I didn't bother much with eye makeup). Since the primer is a skin-tone colour, it helps to neutralise my eyelids before I apply makeup. My eyelids are slightly red but I don't bother with concealer as this does the job fine for it as well. Overall, a great product and I do recommend it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by llmarmalade

This is the first primer I have ever used and I can't see changing my mind. It's cheap( I'm sorry Urban Decay but really do you have to be that pricey. It's just a primer.) It makes eyeshadow show up much better and lasts all day. It also has practical packaging much like a lip gloss type packaging which makes applying a snap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

okay, i have def tried some crappy bases, but among my favorites are my nyx ones, I have a potted type one, that is white, and then there is this tubed one!! I love this one!! the formulation is amazing, it goes on so smooth, and it really holds the shadows in place, even helps my liners! some i have noticed will crease!! yuck!! this one does not!! the only thing i dont like is the applicator.... I like the newer UD ones that are squeeze tubes, and wish they'd do taht with this, then there's no concern with germs... but i like this product too much to not repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good primer for anyone on a budget. This primer keeps shadows on all day long without fading. Also,I don't get much creasing from this primer. I do get a little creasing by the end of the day but that is pretty typical for my oily lids. The only con is that this doesn't cover my tea stains that well so some dark shadow shades will come out a bit muddy looking. But, overall, this is a good primer. Out of some of the well known primers, I rank them as best to least.
1. UDPP