February 27, 2015 | 1818 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great brush, especially at this price point. It is firm, but still quite soft. (not the softest I have ever used, but still very soft)

At first, I used it for liquid foundation. I stippled it on, and gently blend it in, in a small circular motion. It gives a slightly heavier coverage than the Expert Face Brush. I get nice even coverage with this brush. I use it more than my MAC one, because this one is a bit smaller, and can really get into smaller areas, like around the nose and eyes.

Since purchasing the Expert face brush, I have been using this brush for blush instead. Although it "eats" a bit more product than my blush brush, it works nice for cheeks too.

Get it, it is a great multi-tasker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is my favourite when applying very pigmented blushers - like my NARS. Exhibit A. I just lightly tap the tip of my stippling brush to my blusher and dab the colour to the exact area where I want the blush to go to, then I blend and swirl. It gives me precise application of extremely pigmented blushers. It's also soft, never sheds after washing and dries fast.
In Canada this retails for $7-9 cdn dollars at London drugs.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

AMAZING, is all I have to say. I do not know where I have been hiding. This brush has made my makeup routine so natural so amazing. I have moderate acne and use a BB cream since Foundations are to heavy and cakey and BB creams let the skin breathe more, but any who I use this brush to put on my BB cream and OMG it looks so good, I use to use my fingers and a beauty blender brush and it made my BB cream look streaky and just off on my face you could def tell I had makeup, but after using this, it looks natural, its not streaky. I bought 2 extra as backup. I don't think I can live without this in my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my gosh! I have no idea how I lived without this brush. It is perfect, absolutely perfect. To be fair though, previously I used to only use triangle sponges, my fingers, or a paddle brush (followed by a wet triangle sponge to blend) to apply my foundation. Now that I started using this brush though, I don't think I could ever go back.
At first I couldn't get even coverage, but I realized I was actually moving too slowly for my foundation (which dries quicker than I expected). So a rapid stippling motion in small circles turned out to be the best way to get my foundation onto my skin flawlessly.
I had a "stippling brush" before, but the bristles were all wrong. It works much better as a flat-top blending brush. The difference from that brush to this one is that the Real Techniques stippling brush has longer stiffer bristles that create little dots all over your face. It creates an almost pixel-like effect on your face.
The brush is also a wonderful size,where some are too small (better for cream blushes or bronzers) and some are far too large (not lending itself to smooth pixels). This falls somewhere in the middle, perfect for control and surface coverage at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay, let me just start of by saying that I don't know how I made it this far in life without this. Simply brilliant! I'm not a foundation user, I only ever use TM's or BB creams with blush/bronzer on top, and I used to just smear it on with my fingers. On a beautyblog I frequently read someone was raving about stippling brushes, and as I liked the way it sounded I went and did my research. This seemed to be THE stippling brush so when I came across a webshop here in the Netherlands which sold this I jumped on the ordering wagon. No looking back since! I love how this blends in the make-up, making it look flawless. I even use it to do the blush, powder or cream, doesn't matter! What I also love is that Samantha has done all these little clips on how to use them, perfect for someone who was clueless about how to use make-up brushes.I will not only rebuy when lost (nooooooo! heaven forbid!!) but I will purchase at least another one just to be sure I'm never ever without, that's how much I love it. HG!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by toni3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great brush, however after a month it started to shed..I really hope it's a fluke, I got another really cheap at ulta so Im hoping it wont happen again because aside from that, I love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

Holy cow! The best brushes I have ever used! I own the big powder brush, blush brush and the duo fibre set and it honestly is the best. Makes makeup application a dream and applies everything so evenly. Definitely worth the price and will last a long time, just make sure you take care of them and wash them properly. I like to use cool/slightly warm water and antibacterial hand wash mixed with sorbelene cream. I've had them for months and no shedding at all :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been following the Chapman sisters and Tanya Burr on youtube for a while and when i heard about Real Technique brushes i felt like i just have to get my hands on them.

I bought the stippling brush for $18.39 (in Australia) and i'm quite happy with what i got....... but i just wish it would be a bit cheaper

the bristles feel super soft on my skin and I've not experience any shedding at all. ( I clean all my brushes with warm water and baby shampoo, and see that the water never gets into the ferrules )

The stippling brush work best for something with light texture like BB cream or sheer-medium liquid foundation ( which is what i use on a daily basis) ...... so you might wanna get other face brushes for, say, cream foundation with full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by belaboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this brush is amazing with my nars liquid foundation (gobi). my foundation looked all cakes and sort of flat but not anymore. the coverage is perfect and the brush is durable. I've also used it with a highlighter and it was again spot on. I will be purchasing more brushes in this range in future!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this brush for contouring and blush. I do not use it for foundations as I prefer a more dense brush for that

This brush is really soft and it does not shed. It is not very dense. My only complaint is that it is on the smaller side, however that is one thing that makes it work well for contouring.

The base of the brush being able to "stand on its own" means nothing to me because I keep my brushes in a cup, but Sam uses that as a selling point.

I do find it funny that when Sam does tutorials for this brush she uses it in the exact same was as her expert face brush, though this is a "stippling" brush and generally while stippling there is a much lighter, almost "patting" motion used....?

Anways, I would buy this again. The price is incredible