July 22, 2014 | 2036 users online

Skincare - Body - The Body Shop - Exfoliating Gloves

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I usually use really rough exfoliating towels or gloves to wash with, but I thought I'd try these out as my sister had a pair in her shower. They are really nice, but a lot more gentle than I'm used to. Not that I'm complaining though...these are good for an everyday scrub rather than a deep 'scrub that skin off!' exfoliation heheh. It lathers my soap up really well and leaves my skin feeling nice and soft. They come in different colours too...I've seen blue, pink, green, so there's plenty of choice if you're fussy about that sort of thing. I would definately recommend these if you've never tried exfoliating gloves before - beats using your plain old hands and soap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually bought those gloves after reading the reviews here because I was unhappy with my loofah (cylindrical type) and my puff sponge. Those gloves leave my skin super soft (and they are really cheap ~5 CAD$)! They work with any body gel and produce good lather. I also have a little bit of keratosis pilaris on my arms and thighs and they've helped with this a lot more than anything else I've used so far (although honestly, there's only so much exfoliation can do - those will not produce a miracle). Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by remateach

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these Body Shop gloves. They give my body a screaming kind of clean that I never felt with a puff or a washcloth. When I travel I must bring them with me, if only for a few days. Thanks, MUA reviewers for turning me on to this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with these types of gloves. I've never bought the body shop brand before, I buy the 2.50$ ones from Walmart, but I think they work really great. I love that you can use whatever scent you want for that day, I love that it makes my castile soaps lather a lot more, I love that it allows for such EASIER exfoliation of any body part.

I hadn't used many jar scrubs for years, they were too messy and made my shower all slippery and coated. Instead I was using microderm clothes and aha lotions. Not anymore. It was so damn hard to get a good buff of various parts of the body w/ the microderm clothes, I've discarded those entirely now.

For my face I use a cotton exfoliating mitt now, it's a bit gentler than these gloves but just as handy. I like that I don't have to worry about icky chemicals or pore-clogging sulfates anymore. I'm definitely a customer for life/

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by KareenJoell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These gloves are great! I bought them and a loofah for 5 dollars at a sale. I always find it really hard to exfoliate my thighs properly, but these gloves make it such a breeze! They're kind of really intense, so if if you use a light hand then you can use it everyday. I personally don't, I interchange between the gloves and the loofah.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Nima

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was introduced to these gloves as a teenager. Though I am sure they were not body shop gloves. I picked up my own pair (not body shop) in Australia for a dollar from a dollar shop and they were amazing. But when I needed a replacement, I could not find them anywhere. And I ran into them again at "The Body Shop"! Yay! I was thrilled! I immediately picked up a pair in green. Though I did end up paying a lot more than a dollar. But that is absolutely fine by me as they last for a long time and I use only one glove at a time. The results are just as good as the dollar glove because they are the same thing really. And the best thing is, these gloves lather up and work just as good with a bar of soap as with shower gel.

They are not harsh on the skin at all. But please use a gentle hand with it. Avoid using them on your face as it can over-dry or irritate the delicate skin there.

To date, I have not found ANYTHING that exfoliates as well as these do. Not even the expensive exfoliators you find in the market! Having said that, they also make a great cellulite scrub/brush for the thighs and butt. Over time, don't be surprised to see an improvement in the texture of your cellulite!

And best of all, these gloves give you the cleanest showers by far! You got to use it to believe it! Once you use it, you cannot be without it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG HG Product for me in the shower. I couldnt shower without these anymore. I feel so clean all over when I use these, a clean I dont feel from a puff or a washclothe or sponge. I keep several pairs on hand because I never want to run out! I do change these out every month, I wash them once a week in a hot washer and I dont think that does anything, its just me:) Again, HG All the way!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the feeling of stepping out of the shower, all smooth and these gloves are by the far the best tool to achieve that. They don't leave any strange residue in the shower or result in lots and lots of empty containers. They can be made to have any scent you feel like that particular day, just by adding a fragrant shower gel or soap. They can be used over and over, and washed, so one pair really lasts a loooong time. They come in lots of nice colours (I am partial to the green or orange ones) and well...simply can't be beat. It is the only bath tool I have that I keep reaching for and would repurchase in a heartbeat which says a lot since I have tried brushes and sponges of all sorts, loofahs and wash cloths and all manner of other bath accessories to make my shower more enjoyable most of which is just collecting dust after I got these. So, highly recommended unless you have really sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by rlaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've suffered from Keratosis Pilaris on my arms since my early teens and have never been able to maintain my skin as well as I have with these gloves! I've tried every magic lotion and potion out there, I've seen a derm. and even tried chinese medicine, but nothing really worked. I use these gloves with an oatmeal soap and the magic I have been waiting for has finally happened. I can go sleeveless and not be self conscious about my arms......
One word describes these gloves for me A M A Z I N G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I recommed these gloves to everybody I know, family members have commented on how the skin on my arms is glowing, glowing??? My skin????? GET THEM!.....your entire body will be smooth and soft...your chicken skin will be a thing of the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by goodhabits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

EDITED: This is by far the best exfoliating tool I have ever used.

PROS: Because it is literally a glove, you use the shape of your hands to exfoliate, which has a number of benefits. Firstly, you can get everywhere and apply the same pressure everywhere, and secondly you get the job done so much faster! The gloves also retain the soap really well, making your soap last longer due to using smaller amounts every time. The gloves are not too rough, so you get a great exfoliation without aggravating the skin. In addition, the gloves are so cheap, and you get two of them. Finally, my skin is left feeling soft and smooth, despite what product I use with it. For a more intense exfoliation I use a product with beads, but for a gentler one I use a body wash for acne prone skin :)

CONS: None

Overall I adore this product and highly recommend that people try it. The benefits and results are amazing.