The Body Shop Exfoliating Gloves

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

plastic!

on 1/10/2011 9:39:00 PM

Oh. My. Lord... these gloves will make your skin smooth and velvety. Perfect to use before self-tanner application.

TIP #1: Use these gloves very thorough AFTER shower, on wet skin with BABY OIL or any BODY OIL.. then, instead of drying your skin with towel, wrap yourself in a bathrobe and watch some TV until ALL is socked in.... THIS WILL MAKE YOUR SKIN BABY SOFT!

TIP#2: I am actually using another pair of these gloves to wash my vegetables/fruit! They remove the yucky wax layer, dirt or any impurities sooooo well.

Bottom line - Forget about all other expensive cream body exfoliators/scubs - this is it and it's dirt cheap too!

These are a HG product, for sure! Some people have said they are too harsh, which I can understand. But I scrub very lighting, in circle motions, and I love it! Maybe every other day would be better for some people? I (almost) feel like I don't need body lotion after using these in the shower. So amazing! I use the face pad too, which is smaller and more gentle.

on 10/26/2010 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I usually use really rough exfoliating towels or gloves to wash with, but I thought I'd try these out as my sister had a pair in her shower. They are really nice, but a lot more gentle than I'm used to. Not that I'm complaining though...these are good for an everyday scrub rather than a deep 'scrub that skin off!' exfoliation heheh. It lathers my soap up really well and leaves my skin feeling nice and soft. They come in different colours too...I've seen blue, pink, green, so there's plenty of choice if you're fussy about that sort of thing. I would definately recommend these if you've never tried exfoliating gloves before - beats using your plain old hands and soap!

on 10/25/2010 1:25:00 PM

I actually bought those gloves after reading the reviews here because I was unhappy with my loofah (cylindrical type) and my puff sponge. Those gloves leave my skin super soft (and they are really cheap ~5 CAD$)! They work with any body gel and produce good lather. I also have a little bit of keratosis pilaris on my arms and thighs and they've helped with this a lot more than anything else I've used so far (although honestly, there's only so much exfoliation can do - those will not produce a miracle). Highly recommended!

on 10/23/2010 1:10:00 PM

I love these Body Shop gloves. They give my body a screaming kind of clean that I never felt with a puff or a washcloth. When I travel I must bring them with me, if only for a few days. Thanks, MUA reviewers for turning me on to this product.

on 10/3/2010 9:55:00 AM

I am in love with these types of gloves. I've never bought the body shop brand before, I buy the 2.50$ ones from Walmart, but I think they work really great. I love that you can use whatever scent you want for that day, I love that it makes my castile soaps lather a lot more, I love that it allows for such EASIER exfoliation of any body part.

I hadn't used many jar scrubs for years, they were too messy and made my shower all slippery and coated. Instead I was using microderm clothes and aha lotions. Not anymore. It was so damn hard to get a good buff of various parts of the body w/ the microderm clothes, I've discarded those entirely now.

For my face I use a cotton exfoliating mitt now, it's a bit gentler than these gloves but just as handy. I like that I don't have to worry about icky chemicals or pore-clogging sulfates anymore. I'm definitely a customer for life/

on 9/21/2010 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

These gloves are great! I bought them and a loofah for 5 dollars at a sale. I always find it really hard to exfoliate my thighs properly, but these gloves make it such a breeze! They're kind of really intense, so if if you use a light hand then you can use it everyday. I personally don't, I interchange between the gloves and the loofah.

on 9/17/2010 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was introduced to these gloves as a teenager. Though I am sure they were not body shop gloves. I picked up my own pair (not body shop) in Australia for a dollar from a dollar shop and they were amazing. But when I needed a replacement, I could not find them anywhere. And I ran into them again at "The Body Shop"! Yay! I was thrilled! I immediately picked up a pair in green. Though I did end up paying a lot more than a dollar. But that is absolutely fine by me as they last for a long time and I use only one glove at a time. The results are just as good as the dollar glove because they are the same thing really. And the best thing is, these gloves lather up and work just as good with a bar of soap as with shower gel.

They are not harsh on the skin at all. But please use a gentle hand with it. Avoid using them on your face as it can over-dry or irritate the delicate skin there.

To date, I have not found ANYTHING that exfoliates as well as these do. Not even the expensive exfoliators you find in the market! Having said that, they also make a great cellulite scrub/brush for the thighs and butt. Over time, don't be surprised to see an improvement in the texture of your cellulite!

And best of all, these gloves give you the cleanest showers by far! You got to use it to believe it! Once you use it, you cannot be without it!

on 8/3/2010 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG HG Product for me in the shower. I couldnt shower without these anymore. I feel so clean all over when I use these, a clean I dont feel from a puff or a washclothe or sponge. I keep several pairs on hand because I never want to run out! I do change these out every month, I wash them once a week in a hot washer and I dont think that does anything, its just me:) Again, HG All the way!!!

on 8/3/2010 10:17:00 AM

I love the feeling of stepping out of the shower, all smooth and these gloves are by the far the best tool to achieve that. They don't leave any strange residue in the shower or result in lots and lots of empty containers. They can be made to have any scent you feel like that particular day, just by adding a fragrant shower gel or soap. They can be used over and over, and washed, so one pair really lasts a loooong time. They come in lots of nice colours (I am partial to the green or orange ones) and well...simply can't be beat. It is the only bath tool I have that I keep reaching for and would repurchase in a heartbeat which says a lot since I have tried brushes and sponges of all sorts, loofahs and wash cloths and all manner of other bath accessories to make my shower more enjoyable most of which is just collecting dust after I got these. So, highly recommended unless you have really sensitive skin.

Popular Body Skincare Products