April 17, 2014 | 1483 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Angel

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst scent ever. Seriously nasty. It's incredibly overpowering and obnoxiously stinky. The odor made me nauseated and it was very difficult to wash it away. Even after showering and scrubbing with soap and a loofah, I could still smell the stink on my wrist. I'm shocked that some people actually like this hot mess.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by rosagarcia163

Dissgusting. This is probably the worst perfume on the market. One thing I absolutly hate about perfumes in when they smell masculine, and this perfume deffinitly fits masculine. It smells over powering, strange-not in a good way- and you cant get it off your skin.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by sillage

When Angel first came out, I thought it was the most *gorgeous* perfume ever created, and I was madly in love with it -- and I sang its praises to anyone who would listen. Swoon-worthy. It never occurred to me that everybody in the universe wouldn't be madly in love with it too. How could anybody not LOVE Angel to pieces as I did?

Unfortunately, I started reading negative reviews about Angel online, and they somewhat ruined it for me. I was shocked and disappointed to read the criticisms. In spite of naysayers however, Angel has been a huge success -- a gamechanger -- a trendsetter -- and continues to be a best-seller. We fans apparently outweighed the haters.

I still love Angel, and I'm working to finish my original star so I can get a fresh refill -- but I'll never love it as wildly as I did before I started seeing it ripped to shreds in reviews. But these reviews also pointed out a couple things about Angel that my own nose hadn't really noticed.

I began to notice for myself a note that others mentioned -- that *pine, evergreen, menthol-ish* note. I started to pick up on that, and it does bother me, but not really in the EDP -- however *definitely* in the comet-shaped EDT, where it's much more prominent, to my nose.

And the strength of Angel is now more noticeable to me too. I find it difficult to spray only a drop -- and only a drop seems to be advisable, as Angel is rather powerful.

I still love the original Angel EDP but *not* the comet-shaped bottle EDT version. I think it's too "pine-ish" and not gourmand enough, missing too many of the delicious basenotes of the original perfectly blended formula.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by NeonBiitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*FRESH* patchouli, LOVE THIS!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

No thanks. This is absolutely disgusting. It smells like incense, BAD ones, and kinda like my mom & dads duffel bags they would bring home from deployments, and shoe polish now that I think of it. Thank goodness i only have free samples, and no one hated me enough to give this as a gift.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im on my second bottle of it. The first one smells gorgeous, would say its my all time favourite. Used it up recently and bought a second bottle. I notice with this bottle, the fragrance looks a darker blue, and smells different than before. I bought the same, eau de parfum, last time i got 25ml, this time 50ml. I dont know what it is, but its just not the same :(

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by lobiroxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Angel-lovers...sorry don't keep reading. I want to love this and thought the bottle was beautiful. I've been staring at it on my shelf on and off for the last 2 years and finally gave it away to my neighbor who is a complete fan. Maybe it's just me, but the "fragrance" is reminiscent of a 70's basement party and summer sweat. If you're looking for staying power, the EDP is a keeper....unfortunately, I couldn't loofah it off fast enough.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This perfume came in my Sephora fragrance sampler kit. It smells BAD. I don't know how to explain it. I just do not like it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Tara134

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's been my signature scent since it came out that is maybe a thousand light years ago but...now something has changed. Angel used to smell expensive with this deep sweet, extremely sweet musty note that I loved. Then the body cream was a bit different but while I used it it blended with my skin straight away. The fragrance topped over the cream smelled divine. Now I'm desperately trying to find old bottles of Angel and pots of body cream. It has now turned sharper and kind of floral -even my husband noticed. He said 'what's that thing you're wearing?' (It was a new bottle of Angel apparently). I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed the change. I mean I'll keep buying it until I find another signature scent that gives me the same uplift like Angel used to back then. But alas, it's not the same. Even the color of the juice has turned more blue. Angel used to be blue but not that weird fluorescent blue. I seriously suspect it was reformulated.

11 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite fragrances. It lasts and lasts.
I love patchouli and chocolat so this is pure heaven in a bottle for me. It's pricey but you don't need much.