Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

on 11/2/2013 10:18:00 PM

I like the fragrane but it can be a bit too strong, not an everyday frgrance for me. I only wear on special occasions, and when I do wear it people recognize it

on 10/30/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Patchouli overboard. If you like strong patchouli in your perfume then go ahead. It's not for me.

on 10/30/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

After reading probably hundreds of reviews about this perfume and the very mixed reactions, I decided I just had to have it (it was also on sale via Groupon so I figured, even if I didn't love it, I didn't pay full retail for it so no harm, no foul). I was so excited upon receiving it in the mail, ripped open the box at my work, and my coworkers literally made fun of me after they watched me take a big wiff and cringe. It smells horrendous straight from the bottle. It smelled as if I dumped mouth wash on a Christmas tree and then of course, all my coworkers just had to smell it after my reaction and then they made fun of me some more for spending money on something so awful. Then, something magical happened. I sprayed it on a couch and I seriously instantly fell in love. It was sweet and sugary and unique and so in-your-face that it can't be ignored. I sometimes spray it on my bed in the morning and then when I go to lay down at night I'm swept away by it's beauty. I tried it the next day on my own skin and for about an hour I hated it but as it dried down, it became so saccharin and enchanting and because I now know that I like the dry down of this perfume, I spray it on sometimes a few hours before I even leave to go anywhere, just so I don't douse people's noses with it. So, here's why I won't buy it again. A) It will take me forever to run out of it because I used it VERY sparingly and I don't wear it daily. B) I will probably never spend the actual retail value on it because its super pricey, and with my perfume addiction, I don't tend to splurge on any single perfume.

So, all in all, it's not my favorite but I by no means hate it. I will also note that I LOVE perfume and wear perfume every day and this particular one is not for the inexperienced or faint of heart. I would never ever get this as a gift for anyone or tell my friend who wears Bath and Body Works body mists to try this because, like my coworkers, they too would probably laugh at me then yell at me for suggesting they purchase such an expensive perfume. It takes a bold, confident woman to wear this and to those that do, I salute you.

on 10/29/2013 2:01:00 PM

I wanted so much to like this, but it is just intoxicatingly sweet, headache and gag inducing for me. It is VERY concentrated, strong and long-lasting but in this case it's not a good thing. You have to be careful to apply a little bit sparingly. Definitely an evening fragrance for someone who loves sweet fragrances. Angel is bold, bright, loud and wants to be noticed. The bottle is beautiful though, i love the design. Would be a beautiful addition to anyone's perfume bottle collection. On me it's Angel is all sugar and vanilla with a bit of patchouli. I can not see myself wearing this, it's too sweet, over the top and in your face. Disapprove.

on 10/18/2013 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I worked at Macy's in my late teen years working in the women/mens fragrance dept. I loved going around and smelling of the wonderful scents and figuring out which one I will buy next..I came across this cute little star bottle and sprayed it on a tester strip..Immediate headache, DISGUSTING, terrible, atrocious perfume. YUCK! This is probably the worst perfume I have ever had the displeasure of smelling..It dries down to a musky, sweaty foot smell. Dear God.

on 10/17/2013 2:28:00 PM

This smells terrible on me. Laughably terrible. And not in a "not my type of fragrance" way, but in an "Oh God, what IS that?" way. But then, I don't know of a perfume more polarizing. Weird. Definitely test it first.

on 10/6/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a good perfume for special occasions. For daytime running errands it is a bit strong for me; my nose is getting more sensitive these days. For going out - when I pull it out and use it, wow ! I smells gorgeous. Daytime, I use a much lighter scent, such as Laura Mercier Creme Brulee or Fresh Sugar.

When you do go back to this, it just pops you with a "why don't you use me more"

on 10/6/2013 3:48:00 PM

This is my go to summer fragrance, I have always been a fan of anything by Mugler. It smells delicious, smart, summery and sophisticated, a very recognisable scent as there is nothing else like this. I wear this every summer and will continue to use this in the future. Love this!

on 9/30/2013 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I was thinking of purchasing this perfume and decided to go check it out at Macy's. IT WAS HORRIBLE. It gave me a bad headache, I just couldn't stand it. Thought I'm gonna like it based on the reviews but I got disappointed. Deffinitely not for me.

on 9/21/2013 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

What can one say about ANGEL? It has become a classic, and I'm one of its lovers. Just for sheer ingenuity, to blend a traditional patchouly/rose perfume accord... with all the sweet, fruity and sucrée edible notes, it is a landmark and a treasure.

Is it the first sweet gourmand fragrance? I'd say it is the spiritual granddaughter of Guerlain L'HEURE BLEUE (1912), which also combines floralcy with almost-candied vanillic notes.

The first time I tried ANGEL, what I pictured was a romantic beau's Valentine's Day gift to his girl: roses, chocolates filled with caramel, coconut, nougat. it was only with time that I came to see just how much patchouli is a major player in ANGEL. Just as with A*MEN, its masculine counterpart, I seem to detect subtle notes of wintergreen, clary sage and geranium.

A few years ago, I was stuck in the hospital for a month; one day, one of my specialists came in to check on me... redolent of ANGEL. She and her scent seemed like instant cheer to me at the time.

Highly recommended. The best scents are those for which everything you've heard about them-- good and ill-- are true.

Popular Fragrances