October 25, 2014 | 1955 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by megorita21

I really like the way this mascara looks on me. It does a very good job of separating, lengthing, and volumizing my lashes (it almost looks like I'm wearing falsies.) However, by the end of the day I have horrible raccoon eyes as this product smudges badly. It is also pretty difficult to remove which adds to the raccoon eye effect if you don't get all of it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like this mascara. I used it over my Shiseido lash base, and hated it, gave my lashes a terrible spidery look, so I don't recommend doing that. However, on its own over my curled lashes it's wonderful, it really separates and fans out my lashes, offering the tiniest bit of volume and length. It also holds my curl, which very few mascaras are capable of. It gives a natural, non-clumpy fluttery look to lashes, great for every day. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Hautebrilliance

I love love LOVE this mascara. This mascara was and always will be my #1 favourite mascara! The waterproof mascara helps to keep my curl in my lashes and it separates them nicely too. I have medium length lashes that are thin and I was surprised that this mascara kept the curl! I use this mascara as my first coat before the other mascaras and I use this on my bottom lashes. I have really oily skin and this mascara does not smudge or give me raccoon eyes. I love the product but hate the packaging. After awhile of having the mascara, the black thing in the tube keeps coming off and gets stuck on the wand. It's really annoying and I wish they would stick on the tube thing better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not bad at all, it separates, and defines. It does tend to smudge but not as bad as others I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by southberry31

I was at Target yesterday looking to repurchase my Maybelline falsies when I saw this one. I thought I would try it. I bought both and went home. The next day in the morning I tried the one by one mascara. I fell in love with it. With one coat my lashes looked amazing. I thought to myself "hm if this is what one coat is, what is two coats?" I applied a second coat and thought this is it I don't need anymore coats. My lashes looked like fake lashes. This is my HG mascara. I recommend this anyone and everyone. I love this mascara. It brings volume and length. It doesn't clump. It takes a considerable time to dry but its only like a minute or two. I recommend this anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by AlwaysDouze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LIKES:
-dark black mascara
-can layer on the mascara for volume
-gives good volume
-maintains curl
DISLIKES:
-chunky wand, hard to get mascara onto every eyelash
-formula dries out very quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by toritheturtle

This was the first mascara I ever purchased, and I loved it. I still love it to this day. It really separates the lashes so there's virtually no clumps. I completely recommend this as a first mascara because it's very buildable. However, it doesn't tend to give the illusion of bold or long lashes. I already have long lashes, but it didn't add length at all. And even with a lot of coats, it doesn't really look dramatic. I've ventured on to different mascaras, but I almost always use it everyday to separate the clumps that were created by my other mascaras. I used to switch the brush of this mascara into my other mascaras to get clump free lashes. Overall, I love it. If you're looking for clump free lashes with volume, then this is for you. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by cakefaceangie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My natural lashes are long and flat so I have to curl them several to get them to stand. Unfortunately this product does not hold a curl and the shape isn't very helpful to be able to distribute the pigment throughout all the lashes. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by AlliBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Suprisingly enough, I actually liked this! It does separate pretty well, but does not keep the curl as well as I had hoped. Not very many clumps, good color & no smears. I liked this better than the Falsies, but overall, I would only rebuy this is if The Rocket was out of stock. But pretty good!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by roccamita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In search of my HG mascara, this is my fave thus far!

Pros: It lengthened and separated my short sparse lashes, seemed to grab every lash making them look full. Short sturdy wand made it easy to control. The tapered brush shape got coverage to the corners of my eyes. Great for accentuating bottom lashes. No clumps, no flaking.

Cons: Difficult to remove. Had to use baby oil.

Bottom line: I'd buy this again and recommend to a friend. Although I'd probably buy the washable version next time.