December 22, 2014 | 843 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Sddxb

Broke out completely using this scrub on the face.. The worst descionn ever. I am acne prone and I have normal to oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by katie1707

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Been using this product 4 a week & love it already, smells lush & does what it says on the packet :) use alternate with dark & bare angels......love them all :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I love this scrub! I have sensitive skin and this has worked great for me. I only use this once a week to every other week on my face and body. I am careful on my face. I rub gently for about 30 seconds before rinsing off. But honestly I would keep this for body use only. It makes my skin soft, and I love that it isn't oily or greasy. My shower doesn't become a slip and slide, and I don't have residue left on my skin. I've purchased 2 tubs and would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by KLynn88

I don't want to scare anyone with my horror story, but here goes.

I used to have regular skin. I was looking for a higher end exfoliater, and decided to try Lush Sea Salt. It was okay at first, but as time went on my skin started to dry out on my chin, nose sides, and middle forehead. Eventually these spots started to go really red and flaky, like a bad rash. I stopped using it immediately. Well, it took years for that rash to go away! I have no doubt that the rash was created by Sea Salt, and then it just stayed for some reason. I even switched to Cetaphil, and the rash was still there.

Finally, the rash went away when I upped my skincare regime about 100 points. My skin is still super sensitive in the ex-rash areas. Stay away if you have even slightly sensitive skin! Try "Simple", or "Aveeno" instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by lushiexx

This was a really good exfoliator, it's rough but not too harsh because it does have pieces of salt in it. Whenever I use it on my face, I would scrub more gently than I would when I'm using it on my body. Make sure to moisturise afterwards so that your skin doesn't dry out! It leaves my skin feeling very soft, it has a great smell (like a margarita, like most people say), it's not too expensive but it is a little pricing for a small tub. The smell, however nice, took me a while to get used to. At first I thought that it was a little overwhelming if I sniffed it too close but I've come to love the scent that this scrub has! I currently have the small 120g tub but would definitely buy the bigger tub once I run out.

Another thing, lots of people say that at the top of the product, the salt pieces are really big and abrasive, this is because you need to mix the scrub before using, this way the big and small chunks of salt are mixed and won't be that abrasive. You can either get this done in stores or just taking a paddle pop stick or a little spoon and mix the entire scrub yourself. Here is an image I uploaded of the scrub mixed
Full Size Image
it is also the second picture at the top of this page. In real life, AFTER it has been mixed, the colour looks more like a very light green/blue colour.

Overall, if you are looking for a good scrub with a fresh scent that is not too pricey, this is the perfect scrub for you! xx

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This scrub is absolutely wonderful. It smells great and I find that it is highly effective. The scrub leaves my skin feeling clean, rids the oil and doesn't leave it dry. Though I do agree that the coarse pieces of salt can be a titch bit irritating at times, the scrub overall does an amazing job. Highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Shierine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why? Oh why? I don't get why people hypes about this so much. I did like it at first for a 2 weeks and then the problems of this scrub starts to show up.

Pros:
+ vegan
+ smells nice and fresh, it is sort of lemony and salty but does not necessarily remind me of beach as some people claim.
+ recyclable packaging.

The above are probably the only pros I found. Negatives:
- this product does not perform well or worse than other, cheaper scrubs such as St Ives Apricot scrub.
- it stings, especially when you just had facial or open wounds from pimple.
- Warning! Large chunks of salt down under. After twi weeks of using this everyday (I have very oily skin, normal or dry skin should limit themselves to scrubbing once or twice a week), I found large chunks of salt and after another two weeks, when I have used up all the liquid, the large chunks were covering the bottom of the pot.
- The large chunks are uncomfortable to use and can even scratch your face, therefore you need to throw it out, which means the pot contains at least 10% of waste.

Now I do agree than some people buy this for the smell, however, I'm definitely not paying 3x St Ives' price which performs just as well, or maybe better because there is no large chunks of scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by MissTaDa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great face scrub. I use it every 2-3 days to exfoliate my very dry skin. Without a scrub I'm a flakey mess!!! I always use a very moisturizing face wash (generally angels on bare skin) after because the vodka & citrus could be a disaster if left too long on my skin however between rinsing this off & washing my skin doesn't feel tight like with majorly astringent soaps which is a bonus & rare for facial scrubs.

The product lost a lippy because as much as I love the product I'm not in love with the fragrance and although I have repurchased this & will continue to do so, it is expensive. For me I'm happy to pay because I exfoliate so regularly that I need a product that agrees with skin & I know I'll use the entire product. I feel for people who exfoliate infrequently it might go bad before they use it all. A way around that would be to use it on other areas of the body....I have tried this but didn't like it for anywhere but my face....it just didn't feel 'right'. HTH xx

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by GGnumber1fan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The LUSH Ocean Salt is really just an overall great face and body scrub.
The fact that it is made of fine AND coarse sea salts prove that it will not only scrub at the larger dry skin patches, but also polish the skin of the regular dead skin cells we all have laying over our skin.
I like this scrub a lot because not only does it effectively exfoliate my skin really well, it smells absolutely divine! If you like the smell of margaritas, you will LOVE this product.
Interestingly, this product contains actual Vodka inside, which helps to be astringent to the skin, to remove all the impurities that lies within the pores. In addition, grapefruit and lime oils are added to give its citrusy fragrance. Avocado butter is also included to be used as an emollient to add a bit of moisture to the skin as well (as the Vodka can be drying).
I use this probably around 1 to 2 times a week either in the morning or at night. Make sure that when you buy it, you ask the sales associate at LUSH to mix the product for you because the product comes with the sea salt layered over everything else, probably because it avoids the sea salt from dissolving if the product were ever to warm up.
It's no wonder the Ocean Salt from LUSH is one of their most bestselling products they have- it's just SO amazing at giving you a smooth, brighter skin.
I definitely recommend this for ANY skin type that isn't sensitive. The sea salt can definitely be harsh on more sensitive skins, so watch out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to admit that the first week of using this, I was not impressed at all. I had little bumps popping up all over my face in addition to the facial congestion I had already had. So I put this product back in the drawer, and wrote it off as another failure and decided that it would probably be okay to finish the container up by using it as a body scrub only. A couple of months later I started to read more reviews on it, and many mentioned a purging period..which I clearly did not allow for that first week. So I decided to give it another go, however I'm still not entirely trusting of some of the emollients in the product (as far as causing acne), so to alleviate my suspicions I will use the scrub in the shower, and rinse it completely away, and then follow with a salicylic acid face wash like Neutrogena, just for extra insurance. Yes, it is more drying this way, but it does seem to be working out this way. With that said, I find this scrub to be more effective than my St. Ives face scrub.