January 26, 2015 | 1774 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by HelloBrittney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think it's very difficult to review LUSH products because despite a product sharing the same ingredients store to store, they are all prepared by different workers and I've never had two pots of this scrub that are the exact same in colour or texture or anything of that sort, though they all have been excellent quality.

Saying that, I may be extremely lucky compared to a lot of other reviewers.

I have sensitive skin, and this is actually the only scrub that helps tone down the oil on my face without being harsh (perhaps the vodka base?). I've only ever had fine salt (no chunks) and a very nice balance of citrus and perfume. Personally, I adore this product. I use it twice a week in the mornings and it makes my skin feel soft, super clean and look glowy.

I do agree with other reviewers though. For something with such basic ingredients, the price is a bit steep, but well worth it in my opinion.

I often have a problem with LUSH pots though, the lids don't always screw on correctly and if I ever keep them in the shower, I manage to get a fair amount of water in them even if they're closed.

Important note: IT SMELLS SO GOOD.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by glockgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this last week...i used it once and i broke out...it burns and i am very sorry i wasted my money....definitely not for me

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in the little sample pot LUSH provides. I wanted to like this so much ( as with all LUSH products- but they just don't do It for me ) it looked really scrubby so I just used it on my shoulders where I have so mild acne. Thank god I didn't use this on my face !! It was SO scratchy and smelled weird . I used it for about a week and noticed my shoulders had much more acne . Big red inflamed pimples I don't usually get there. Your skin would have to be tough as boots to put this on your face and I wouldn't recommend as body scrub either-another LUSH disapointment

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by laurenfaine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love Ocean Salt. I adore the scent (it smells like a margarita!!) and I love how exfoliating it is. I never used this on my face because it's too harsh of an exfoliant, but used on my body it is perfection. I really like to use it on my legs before shaving. My only complaints are that the salt and citrus can sting if you have any cuts on yours hands or body, and it's really expensive for something I could easily make at home with salt, olive oil and lime juice. It's not something I buy all the time because of the price but it's a nice treat :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample during one of my visits at Lush. I am so happy I did not buy this! it has a very harsh texture! If you have sensitive skin, please stay away from this stuff. I would definitely not recommend this to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Seaofcity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know where all these great reviews for this product are coming from. I can imagine one would like this if they have never used an exfoliator in their life and this was their first one.

This was recommended by the manager at my local lush store for my husband who has very sensitive skin. I don't know what he was thinking, this stuff is harsh. He tried it and said he felt like his face was on fire. So I gave it a go. It's heavily perfumed.. does not feel good on this skin, makes it very warm and feels like it's burning. I came out of the shower and my face was beat red. I'm going to use the rest of this on my legs because it is NOT good for your face. Extremely abrasive and not good for sensitive skin.

Smells good though.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

HEY! If you LOVE the feeling of rubbing citric acid, sharp salt chunks, alcohol, and perfume into fresh cuts, then BOY DOES LUSH HAVE A PRODUCT FOR YOU!

This heavily perfumed, and alcohol laced salt scrub includes sea salt chunks that are similar to the appearance of the blue meth crystals from Breaking Bad! Because copious amounts of blue food dye have multiple known health benefits! These massive, and sharp as all hell salt chunks will ripe up your face no matter how gentle you try to be! Doesn't that sound fun? Imagine rubbing glass all over your face, but that glass is made of salt so it stings like all bloody hell while your doing it.

Rubbing salt in fresh wounds not enough for you? Don't you worry, LUSH has got you covered! Included in this product are known irritants such as grapefruit, lime, alcohol, and lots of perfume. Not only do these ingrediants contribute to the stinging pain once they enter the cuts caused by the sharp salt, they also help completely strip your skin of it's protective barrier, and induce further irritation, and inflammation! Because stinging, red, blotchy skin is beautiful!

Your dreams have just become a reality. Realise your dreams of painful, inflammed, dull, dry, flakey skin by using LUSH'S Ocean Salt! You don't even need to have allergies, or sensitive skin to witness these results.

But in all seriousness, do not buy this product. I am seriously angry at myself for letting that pushy sales rep convince me that this was a good idea. I seriously feel like an idiot right now. What a waste of time and money.

Overall rating: 0/5 ( I know 0 isn't an official rating, but I'm making this a thing just for LUSH)

Price: 0/5 (You spend money on this, then have to go and buy a different product afterwards)

Packaging: 0/5 (Somehow the packaging made this worse with time, as it never seemed to seal all the way. The salt crystals clumped together into even bigger, more terrifying clumps.)

EDIT: As a side note, I've noticed that a lot of people here have been saying that they want to use this product because they have sensitive, or dry skin. This product is absolutly unsuitable for either. Salt drys out your skin big time, just think about it. Salt lamps act as dehumidifiers, you cure meat with salt, you dehydrate vegetables with salt, go work with salt and your hands will crack and bleed. Secondly it's full of alcohol which is also very drying and irritating along with the salt. All that paired with all the perfume is this product, it's spells DAMAGE for anyone with healthy skin, never mind if you have dry or damaged skin.

If you want a good scrub that is CHEAP, easy, and you could probably try tonight, try this. Get COLD PRESSED Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Baking Soda. Sound weird? Trust me, it's amazing. Cold Pressed EVOO won't clog your pores because it's chemical structure is very similar to human sebum (oil). Oil likes oil, so when you scrub with it, it helps remove excess oil on your skin, removes more makeup than soap, and helps break down dirt and oil in clogged pores. Baking soda is amazing as an exfoliator. It helps kill bacteria that cause acne, plus it's super gentle. When mixed with olive oil, the fine particles of the baking soda gently polish away dead skin cells without leaving you raw. The only thing that I can say is that due to baking soda being alkiline (basic) in pH, it can sting a bit if you have an open sore (but at least it won't cause them like the salt in LUSH's scrub). If you do have open sores, lay off the exfoliation for now, but if you must, you can substitue fine brown sugar. After you're done, rinse with warm water, and use a little bit of mild soap to clease any excess oil.

After I used this I couldn't stop touching my face, it was SO SOFT I've never gone back, I only get stress acne around exams now. I find it so sad how over rated LUSH's products are, and how much they charge you to ruin your skin. Save yourself money, and damage to your skin and make you own scrub. Not only will it be infinatly better, but you won't be shelling out all this money for products that will only cause more skin problems.

22 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Sddxb

Broke out completely using this scrub on the face.. The worst descionn ever. I am acne prone and I have normal to oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by katie1707

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Been using this product 4 a week & love it already, smells lush & does what it says on the packet :) use alternate with dark & bare angels......love them all :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I love this scrub! I have sensitive skin and this has worked great for me. I only use this once a week to every other week on my face and body. I am careful on my face. I rub gently for about 30 seconds before rinsing off. But honestly I would keep this for body use only. It makes my skin soft, and I love that it isn't oily or greasy. My shower doesn't become a slip and slide, and I don't have residue left on my skin. I've purchased 2 tubs and would buy again.