August 22, 2014 | 1113 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Pure-Clean

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find it hilarious that everyone hates this shampoo, because I am the pickiest person on earth when it comes to shampoos and this is my all time favorite one to use. I use it as a clarifying shampoo, so I probably only use it every 3-4 washes (2 weeks). It makes my hair and scalp feel fresh and clean without leaving that stripping feeling, it smells wonderful, and it's super cheap. The lather is nice. Like some have said it does take a hot minute for it to completely rinse out your hair, especially if you go overboard with how much you use (my constant problem). I have extremely dry hair too, so it's cool that this shampoo doesn't add to that issue. Anddddd, for all you health nuts out there, it's lacking in the silicone and parabens department. That's a plus. I'd recommend giving it a try.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My situation is a little different, I don't use this to style my hair or anything. I use it after I come home from work and shower to feel good and get rid of all the hairspray in my hair (Sexy Hair one with Play Hard or something... that stuff is concrete!) and I sweat a lot and get a little dirty from my job so just to get rid of that too and feel clean before I go to bed.

I've noticed my hair is a little frizzier after I've washed my hair in the morning with something else. It is pretty light and feels really clean, like I don't feel like something is coating my hair which I feel almost all shampoos do to me and I also love the smell. Does an excellent job of getting everything out of my hair which some shampoos I feel like I have to later twice to get everything out.

This is definitely more of a clarifying shampoo, but I feel it's more lightweight and not so harsh that some others can be like.

If you have hair problems or anything, I wouldn't recommend this as an every day shampoo, but I think it does it's job.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Garnier Pure-Clean shampoo rinses very well. Before lathering, it's very light. The formula is a bit thinner than the previous Garnier shampoos I used. No residue, whatsoever. The conditioner is a different story.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by mashka527

I want to start by saying that I have long, fine, straight hair. I have had a hard time finding a shampoo that won't A) weigh my hair down or B) cause my hair to look oily by the end of the day. This product does just that. When I first tried, I was a bit unsure. When my hair is still wet, it feels almost sticky in my hair - which lead me to believe that it stripped my hair of all moisture. This was untrue, however. When wet it DOES feel a little odd, but as soon as it dries, or you blow it dry, it looks and feels great. It leaves my hair moisturized without causing it to look or feel oily or weighed down. It also smells phenomenal! Overall, this is a great product , at least for my hair type.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo. It's totally clarifying, cleaning the scalp of all dirt, unnecessary oils, and dead skin, without stripping moisture from the rest of your hair. The fact that it's biodegradable only makes it better. It's the best cleansing shampoo I've ever used. It leaves no residue whatsoever, and your scalp will feel so light and refreshed after using it. I've never had a problem with it at all. I think it's worth a buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by foraudrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Left my curly hair feeling completely stripped of any moisture! Maybe this works better for somebody with normaly/oily hair? It smells nice, but I would never buy it again. I'll use it to clean my makeup brushes.

EDIT: After reading another review that said to make sure you rinse it out enough, I realized that was my issue! It takes longer to rinse out than most shampoos, but the end result is my hair feels super soft even without conditioner. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by lilspeth

Beautiful Results! I have color treated hair, gets oily fast, falls flat, thin, most of the time wispy and lifeless. I've been using WEN off and on and that helps with the frizzies but I must use at least once a week a real cleansing shampoo - this is fantastic. I love the scent, very subtle.
The key to most hair products is to rinse - seriously rinse when the product calls for "rinse"!!!! I rinse at least 3-5 minutes in medium warm water to cool - not hot.
Hafta tella ya ladies - hair looks and feels reborn.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the perfect shampoo! It leaves my hair clean, and I use a lottt of products. (I have scene hair.) So that is a miracle for me. It is a bit drying if you use it every day, and without conditioner. (I would get lazy.) But it's perfect for every other day use. The smell is so clean & natural too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wanted to love it but couldn't. I don't color my hair, I just need shampoo to clean my hair, I don't need anything special. This broke my scalp out big time. My hair also didn't feel clean afterwards. Not impressed, and Garnier is a favorite hair care brand of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by carte228

I loved this product. I live in a dorm at my university and we shower in unsoftened water. Normally, after a shower, I would leave feeling a nasty residue in my hair, making it never feel clean. After trying this product, its the only one I want to use. There is no softened water residue whatsoever, and my hair is soft and clean feeling every shower. Its perfect!