Garnier Pure-Clean

2.8

on 4/15/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh yes, this cleans alright.
Cleans so "well" that it dries your hair so much, it turns it into straw, even if you have relatively oily hair, like I do.
The lather is nice, though you can't help but imagine all the chemicals going at work in your hair to make it all lather-y and foam-y. And the smell is sickly sweet.
If I was a little kid, I'd like this. But now that I've gone through different shampoos, learned about ingredients and what to look for in how a shampoo reacts with my hair, this is just bad.
Very drying (even when used once or twice a week)
Sickly sweet smell
Horrible ingredients
And best of all, it broke me out on my forehead, neck, shoulders and back; anywhere the hair touched skin, I broke out. I trashed it, because I could afford it for a $2 bottle. Didn't even consider giving it to my mom or something, why in the world would I want to make her suffer?

on 4/15/2012 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I find it hilarious that everyone hates this shampoo, because I am the pickiest person on earth when it comes to shampoos and this is my all time favorite one to use. I use it as a clarifying shampoo, so I probably only use it every 3-4 washes (2 weeks). It makes my hair and scalp feel fresh and clean without leaving that stripping feeling, it smells wonderful, and it's super cheap. The lather is nice. Like some have said it does take a hot minute for it to completely rinse out your hair, especially if you go overboard with how much you use (my constant problem). I have extremely dry hair too, so it's cool that this shampoo doesn't add to that issue. Anddddd, for all you health nuts out there, it's lacking in the silicone and parabens department. That's a plus. I'd recommend giving it a try.

on 3/27/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

My situation is a little different, I don't use this to style my hair or anything. I use it after I come home from work and shower to feel good and get rid of all the hairspray in my hair (Sexy Hair one with Play Hard or something... that stuff is concrete!) and I sweat a lot and get a little dirty from my job so just to get rid of that too and feel clean before I go to bed.

I've noticed my hair is a little frizzier after I've washed my hair in the morning with something else. It is pretty light and feels really clean, like I don't feel like something is coating my hair which I feel almost all shampoos do to me and I also love the smell. Does an excellent job of getting everything out of my hair which some shampoos I feel like I have to later twice to get everything out.

This is definitely more of a clarifying shampoo, but I feel it's more lightweight and not so harsh that some others can be like.

If you have hair problems or anything, I wouldn't recommend this as an every day shampoo, but I think it does it's job.

on 3/25/2012 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Garnier Pure-Clean shampoo rinses very well. Before lathering, it's very light. The formula is a bit thinner than the previous Garnier shampoos I used. No residue, whatsoever. The conditioner is a different story.

on 3/6/2012 1:13:00 PM

I want to start by saying that I have long, fine, straight hair. I have had a hard time finding a shampoo that won't A) weigh my hair down or B) cause my hair to look oily by the end of the day. This product does just that. When I first tried, I was a bit unsure. When my hair is still wet, it feels almost sticky in my hair - which lead me to believe that it stripped my hair of all moisture. This was untrue, however. When wet it DOES feel a little odd, but as soon as it dries, or you blow it dry, it looks and feels great. It leaves my hair moisturized without causing it to look or feel oily or weighed down. It also smells phenomenal! Overall, this is a great product , at least for my hair type.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I love this shampoo. It's totally clarifying, cleaning the scalp of all dirt, unnecessary oils, and dead skin, without stripping moisture from the rest of your hair. The fact that it's biodegradable only makes it better. It's the best cleansing shampoo I've ever used. It leaves no residue whatsoever, and your scalp will feel so light and refreshed after using it. I've never had a problem with it at all. I think it's worth a buy.

on 2/1/2012 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Left my curly hair feeling completely stripped of any moisture! Maybe this works better for somebody with normaly/oily hair? It smells nice, but I would never buy it again. I'll use it to clean my makeup brushes.

EDIT: After reading another review that said to make sure you rinse it out enough, I realized that was my issue! It takes longer to rinse out than most shampoos, but the end result is my hair feels super soft even without conditioner. I love it!

on 1/25/2012 1:19:00 PM

Beautiful Results! I have color treated hair, gets oily fast, falls flat, thin, most of the time wispy and lifeless. I've been using WEN off and on and that helps with the frizzies but I must use at least once a week a real cleansing shampoo - this is fantastic. I love the scent, very subtle.
The key to most hair products is to rinse - seriously rinse when the product calls for "rinse"!!!! I rinse at least 3-5 minutes in medium warm water to cool - not hot.
Hafta tella ya ladies - hair looks and feels reborn.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect shampoo! It leaves my hair clean, and I use a lottt of products. (I have scene hair.) So that is a miracle for me. It is a bit drying if you use it every day, and without conditioner. (I would get lazy.) But it's perfect for every other day use. The smell is so clean & natural too.

on 11/18/2011 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wanted to love it but couldn't. I don't color my hair, I just need shampoo to clean my hair, I don't need anything special. This broke my scalp out big time. My hair also didn't feel clean afterwards. Not impressed, and Garnier is a favorite hair care brand of mine.