July 22, 2014 | 1151 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 12:14:00 PM More reviews by karmarge

While watching QVC early this morning getting ready for work, they offered a 1.7 oz. of GE spray. I have this, I thought, and immediately opened my not-used-in-a-while scent dresser drawer which I created to hold my enormous collection of fragrances. There it was, my very own GE. It was perfect for a slightly warm November day with thoughts of Thanksgiving next week. GE has that "heaviness" of ginger and spice but is actually quite light. I just can't see wearing this during the dog days of summer though.

I just love it when I see something I already own, especially on QVC.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Samalama

I bought the roll on in the ginger scent. I must say I ADORE this scent! It's a very fresh, clean, yummy scent.It's not offensive by any means. It's so perfect. Everyday I use my Crabtree and Evelyn Cocoa butter body butter all over my body (another DELISH scent) then apply the Ginger on my wrist and neck and the combination of the 2 scents is AMAZING.I will absolutley repurchase AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 9:14:00 AM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

Lovely ginger scent, with a slight citrus undertone. One on the mood-dependent rotation. The matching products are very pleasant too, if you like the scent, and layering works particularly well with the Essence + the Gloss, making the scent last longer. It will need refreshing at the end of the day, though. An interesting effect can also be obtained by using this and a rose-based scent at the same time.

Probably not very sophisticated, but I'm not very sophisticated on smells, and tend towards things that smell of foods I like. And other easily distinguishable natural things (flowers, grass after it's been cut, rain on leaves). The Essence is sharp but mellow, not at all sweet. Causes very few allergic reactions in people (inc. wearer), and is utterly unlike those cloying clouds that assault one in elevators and induce nausea and the wrong sort of dizziness. Can, therefore, be worn safely in public, that is, it is safe for the public around you... And many men seem to like it, finding it at the very least nice and comforting, at the most sniffing you frequently and borrowing it. Indeed, this works well as a man-scent too. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by shellbell090702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this and the Ginger Souffle since it came out in 1999. It is my scent that I use on my light scent days. You definitely can use it year round depending on your chemistry. Plus, the souffle can be worn everyday with other scents too....at least that's what I do.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2007 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

Bought this out of impulse at the Origin counter, way too overprice. $50 as I remembered; like it, smells fresh, but dont love it. The name ginger refers to a flowers of a root that belong to the Ginger family. Suggestion: try the Avon Ginger spray cologne, for $5, in a plastic spray bottle, I couldn't tell the difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 5:12:00 AM More reviews by maxinerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is scrumptious! It's such a unique scent! I absolutely adore it! New signature scent? I think so!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by luvlostnfound

I really didn't think I would like this scent since I can't stand the taste or smell of cut ginger. However, this is a wonderful scent, perfect for everyday. It uplifts my mood and smells very clean. I couldn't be happier with this perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by LOVEMETWO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will always have this ! A very uplifting scent. I wear this year round. I pair this with the "ginger rush" body cream. I think they only sell this body cream during the holidays. Its heaven in a bottle. Keeps my winter skin soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by rosefleur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this fragrance - I love that it's very clean smelling and different to the usual ones I wear. I find it uplifiting, it always puts me in a happy mood.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sally35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought this time & time again. I love the scent & get huge compliments on my pleasant smell. Strangers actually bring it up in supermarket lines. I've tried all sorts of the Origins Ginger products & have mixed feelings about some of them, but I love, love, LOVE this perfume. It is very reasonably priced & I will definitely buy again.