Origins Ginger Essence

4.1

on 11/30/2007 6:24:00 PM

I like this fragrance as its unusual compared to all of the other perfumes being marketed at this time. It is a soft fragrance and unfortunately doesn't last all that long, but I don't really care for overpowering scents. An original ginger scented fragrance, definitely worth trying if that is your thing.

on 11/28/2007 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This smell is just amazing. The SA sprayed a bit on me when I was getting makeup, and I kept smelling a light breeze of it in the afternoon and could not get enough! I had to go back the next day and buy the bottle plus the roll-on. It's amazing- heavenly, light, fresh and I adore it! Smells so natural, and she said it's meant to bring out your own natural scent and it does.
Another 5 stars!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this fragrance! I am disappointed that there is not an Origins counter within in reasonable driving distance, but when I was out there today I purchased this. I usually have difficulty with fragrances and migraines, but this one did not bother me. It is a nice, clean scent, one that would be great for work as it does not appear to be offensive. I purchased the rollerball, as it will be easy to throw in my bag. I will repurchase!

on 11/14/2007 12:14:00 PM

While watching QVC early this morning getting ready for work, they offered a 1.7 oz. of GE spray. I have this, I thought, and immediately opened my not-used-in-a-while scent dresser drawer which I created to hold my enormous collection of fragrances. There it was, my very own GE. It was perfect for a slightly warm November day with thoughts of Thanksgiving next week. GE has that "heaviness" of ginger and spice but is actually quite light. I just can't see wearing this during the dog days of summer though.

I just love it when I see something I already own, especially on QVC.

on 10/25/2007 1:32:00 PM

I bought the roll on in the ginger scent. I must say I ADORE this scent! It's a very fresh, clean, yummy scent.It's not offensive by any means. It's so perfect. Everyday I use my Crabtree and Evelyn Cocoa butter body butter all over my body (another DELISH scent) then apply the Ginger on my wrist and neck and the combination of the 2 scents is AMAZING.I will absolutley repurchase AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN!!!!

on 10/18/2007 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

Lovely ginger scent, with a slight citrus undertone. One on the mood-dependent rotation. The matching products are very pleasant too, if you like the scent, and layering works particularly well with the Essence + the Gloss, making the scent last longer. It will need refreshing at the end of the day, though. An interesting effect can also be obtained by using this and a rose-based scent at the same time.

Probably not very sophisticated, but I'm not very sophisticated on smells, and tend towards things that smell of foods I like. And other easily distinguishable natural things (flowers, grass after it's been cut, rain on leaves). The Essence is sharp but mellow, not at all sweet. Causes very few allergic reactions in people (inc. wearer), and is utterly unlike those cloying clouds that assault one in elevators and induce nausea and the wrong sort of dizziness. Can, therefore, be worn safely in public, that is, it is safe for the public around you... And many men seem to like it, finding it at the very least nice and comforting, at the most sniffing you frequently and borrowing it. Indeed, this works well as a man-scent too. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this and the Ginger Souffle since it came out in 1999. It is my scent that I use on my light scent days. You definitely can use it year round depending on your chemistry. Plus, the souffle can be worn everyday with other scents too....at least that's what I do.

on 8/9/2007 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Bought this out of impulse at the Origin counter, way too overprice. $50 as I remembered; like it, smells fresh, but dont love it. The name ginger refers to a flowers of a root that belong to the Ginger family. Suggestion: try the Avon Ginger spray cologne, for $5, in a plastic spray bottle, I couldn't tell the difference.

on 8/5/2007 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is scrumptious! It's such a unique scent! I absolutely adore it! New signature scent? I think so!

I really didn't think I would like this scent since I can't stand the taste or smell of cut ginger. However, this is a wonderful scent, perfect for everyday. It uplifts my mood and smells very clean. I couldn't be happier with this perfume.

Popular Fragrances