Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

4.2

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Hydrogenated Coconut Oil , Behentrimonium Chloride , Fragrance (Parfum) , Mineral Oil , Lactic Acid , Dipropylene Glycol , Amodimethicone , Potassium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , Gluconolactone , Trehalose , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-150 Distearate , PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether , Cetrimonium Chloride , Adipic Acid , Sodium Sulfate , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Blue 1 (CI 42090)

Nice conditioner if you are on a budget. Leaves hair soft and detangled. But for some reason I just cannot tolerate its smell, which is the same smell of most "original" Dove products and lingers on hair ALL day long. I ended up getting rid of my half full bottle. But if you have dry hair and like the typical "Dove smell" this conditioner is for you!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I am really on the fence about this product, which I tried with great anticipation after reading the glowing reviews here. It worked wonderfully to make my fine, curly and shoulder-length hair soft and shiny without weighing it down. But I CANNOT STAND the smell! It's that super-corporate, Unilever-brewed chemical fake-floral smell. Just...cheap and loud (not being a brand snob here--some very expensive products are equally obnoxious, of course). And unfortunately still very much evident, almost 24 hours after using it. What a disappointment. The bottle's too heavy to swap so I'll probably give it away. ): Or if I decide to keep it, will have to mix it with a few drops of MoroccanOil or something to try and mask the scent, though that might just make matters worse...
If you don't care about smell though, or happen to take to this one, Dove Nourishing Oil Care is a great if chemical-laden conditioner.

I only used this once last night so it may be too soon to write a review, but I was just so impressed with this conditioner that I felt compelled to say something. It's a very thick conditioner that smells like something you would get from a box of hair dye (everyone knows box dyes have the best conditioners!). Once my hair was blown dry, I was very glad to see how shiny and silky my hair was. There are other conditioners that leave my hair softer than this, but I like this best because it doesn't weigh my hair down. I will definitely continue to use this and update my review with my afterthoughts in a couple of weeks from now.

I have thick hair down to my butt, I also moved to Colorado from upstarted Ny 80% humidity to a desert that can reach 105F. Using the shampoo and conditioner together keeps my hair moist and healthy looking. I have less splitting and a lot of volume. I would recommend this for anyone having issues with dry brittle hair, I usually put oil in my hair but I don't have to as much with this product. This is great for others who live in a climate like mine, I love it and have not found anything better.

This stuff is amazing. I initially tried the shampoo, but had not yet purchased this just because I had conditioner left. Once I tried them together - OMG. Amazing results. I used to use my straightening iron JUST to smooth my ends. First time using this, I was able to blow dry my hair with a round brush and achieve the SAME results (or better) as I do when using the straightener for smoothing. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the BEST conditioner you can purchase from a drug store. It conditions and makes your hair silky soft. After a while my hair felt limp because it is so conditioning and I have fine hair but I will go back to this in the summer when my hair is extra dry. I have tried all the pricey brands and this is very comparable!

I am used to using high end hair products, specifically kerastase and fekkai. Those get pricey so i decided to start trying out numerous drugstore conditioners and this is by far my favorite. i have really long slightly damaged hair that goes down right above my butt and this keeps it tamed and smooth.

OMG this stuff rocks and belive me, I've tried them all from least expensive to Kerastase and beyond. The conditioner is super rich, but without greasiness nor build-up on my hair. Makes my hair look thick and lustrous with renewed shine and lightness, and not to mention that Dove signature scent. Absolutely love how this makes my hair tangle-free, super manageable and virtually pumps new life into my dryish, thick hair. This stuff is the bomb and blows all the expensive stuff away!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for a month or so after purchasing bc of the reviews here, and I'm extremely pleased w the results and value of this conditioner. I have previously used the matching shampoo (and liked it) but have never used the two together. I have lots of fine 3a hair (read: giant ball of fluff) that is highlighted. I don't heat style daily but do flat iron or use rollers occasionally.

This provides a good level of moisture and I haven't really noticed it building up, though I do use a clarifying/chelating shampoo occasionally bc we have extremely hard water. That said, I have fluffy hair and don't mind if something weighs my hair down a little, but I don't like the kind of buildup that leads to dull, dry, crunchy hair and I don't get that from this product.

Provides good slip - combing is much easier than most d/s conditioners. Doesn't feel overly-silicone-y (ie Pantene) where you end up w a slimy slick down your back/shoulders after use. Seems to rinse clean leaving hair feeling more soft than coated. My hair feels nicer after using this than Kerastase Masquintense, which again makes me think that this product is an awesome value.

I also have breakout prone skin and so far so good - in fact I've used this as a moisturizing mask on my face (odd, yes, but we had a sudden cold/dry spell it seemed like the best option on hand) and my skin looks/feels hydrated after.

Overall I like this a lot - I have used things I liked better (Ojon) but this cond is a great value and the difference in performance was minimal compared to the difference in price. I rarely repurchase anything hair related but definitely look forward to repurchasing this.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have purchased this a few times on what seems like a never ending quest for the perfect conditioner. My hair is wavy/curly, and very thick, but the actual strands are fine. It is also color processed and heat styled every other day. That said, I do a lot to keep it in good condition, from using argan oil to scalp cleansing and minimizing brushing. Recently, I decided to bleach some highlights into it, leaving me with a very damaged coif. A deep conditioning with this stuff brought me right back to life! The only con is that the bottle is poorly designed; it is hard to get the product out because it narrows at the top, making it hard to squeeze every last bit out. And, I'm not crazy about the smell. But if you have truly damaged hair, this is the ticket back to healthy. I don't think this would be well suited to someone with healthy, fine hair, as it would likely weight it down. But, if you have thick, damaged hair - go for it!