Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

4.3

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Hydrogenated Coconut Oil , Behentrimonium Chloride , Fragrance (Parfum) , Mineral Oil , Lactic Acid , Dipropylene Glycol , Amodimethicone , Potassium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , Gluconolactone , Trehalose , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-150 Distearate , PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether , Cetrimonium Chloride , Adipic Acid , Sodium Sulfate , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 11/26/2012 5:52:00 PM

I am used to using high end hair products, specifically kerastase and fekkai. Those get pricey so i decided to start trying out numerous drugstore conditioners and this is by far my favorite. i have really long slightly damaged hair that goes down right above my butt and this keeps it tamed and smooth.

on 11/18/2012 4:07:00 PM

OMG this stuff rocks and belive me, I've tried them all from least expensive to Kerastase and beyond. The conditioner is super rich, but without greasiness nor build-up on my hair. Makes my hair look thick and lustrous with renewed shine and lightness, and not to mention that Dove signature scent. Absolutely love how this makes my hair tangle-free, super manageable and virtually pumps new life into my dryish, thick hair. This stuff is the bomb and blows all the expensive stuff away!!!

on 11/2/2012 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for a month or so after purchasing bc of the reviews here, and I'm extremely pleased w the results and value of this conditioner. I have previously used the matching shampoo (and liked it) but have never used the two together. I have lots of fine 3a hair (read: giant ball of fluff) that is highlighted. I don't heat style daily but do flat iron or use rollers occasionally.

This provides a good level of moisture and I haven't really noticed it building up, though I do use a clarifying/chelating shampoo occasionally bc we have extremely hard water. That said, I have fluffy hair and don't mind if something weighs my hair down a little, but I don't like the kind of buildup that leads to dull, dry, crunchy hair and I don't get that from this product.

Provides good slip - combing is much easier than most d/s conditioners. Doesn't feel overly-silicone-y (ie Pantene) where you end up w a slimy slick down your back/shoulders after use. Seems to rinse clean leaving hair feeling more soft than coated. My hair feels nicer after using this than Kerastase Masquintense, which again makes me think that this product is an awesome value.

I also have breakout prone skin and so far so good - in fact I've used this as a moisturizing mask on my face (odd, yes, but we had a sudden cold/dry spell it seemed like the best option on hand) and my skin looks/feels hydrated after.

Overall I like this a lot - I have used things I liked better (Ojon) but this cond is a great value and the difference in performance was minimal compared to the difference in price. I rarely repurchase anything hair related but definitely look forward to repurchasing this.

on 11/2/2012 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have purchased this a few times on what seems like a never ending quest for the perfect conditioner. My hair is wavy/curly, and very thick, but the actual strands are fine. It is also color processed and heat styled every other day. That said, I do a lot to keep it in good condition, from using argan oil to scalp cleansing and minimizing brushing. Recently, I decided to bleach some highlights into it, leaving me with a very damaged coif. A deep conditioning with this stuff brought me right back to life! The only con is that the bottle is poorly designed; it is hard to get the product out because it narrows at the top, making it hard to squeeze every last bit out. And, I'm not crazy about the smell. But if you have truly damaged hair, this is the ticket back to healthy. I don't think this would be well suited to someone with healthy, fine hair, as it would likely weight it down. But, if you have thick, damaged hair - go for it!

on 10/29/2012 3:52:00 AM

This conditioner was too much for my fine, stick-straight hair! It smells nice, but combined with the shampoo, my hair would become greasy in less than 24 hours after washing, even though I only put the conditioner on the ends. I ended up returning it.

on 10/18/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skip this one if you have fine hair. I liked it the first few times, but now I find it really weighs down my fine hair. Also, builds up easy. I use it every now and then just to finish it but won't re-purchase.

on 10/18/2012 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have super-fine, tangly straight hair that has become really porous thanks to endless colouring. So it always feels rough and looks dull. Most conditioners make it feel and look great for a few hous but once my hair has completely dried, it's back to dull hair... BUT this conditioner cured it! It's brilliant, it softened, moisturizer and gave my hair back its old shine. The only annoyance is that because my hair is so fine, it tends to build up. So I switch it up with L'oreal light gloss conditioner, and the result is wonderful.
Yay!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It does condition really well but over time made my hair fall out in clumps in the shower :/

on 9/12/2012 1:36:00 PM

Love this stuff! It is moisturizing without making my hair heavy, and leaves my hair feeling like silk. It does contain 'cones, but I have to say this is one of the only products with 'cones I've consistently used that doesn't make my hair look greasy and flat (I have loads of colored, superfine hair). I highly recommend this stuff, and I actually think it stacks up well to several higher end salon products.

on 8/22/2012 3:33:00 PM

Update: This stuff gives me beautiful hair, but also an itchy scalp and zits on my hairline/scalp/face.

Original post: My hair is fine, curly and dry. If I use the wrong conditioner I end up with either appalling frizz on a bucket-load of grease on my head; both looks are pretty awful. I used to use Kerastase Lait Vital which I got online for about 12 - and just thought I would never get any real results from store-brands. Wrooonnnngggg ... Dove kicks the b*tts of all salon brands (and I've tried heaps). I cannot believe the results ... fantastic. Picked this bottle up for 2, only need a tiny amount and my hair feels, looks and smells a whole world better than it did with the Kerastase. I love you Dove!