Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

3.8

Active ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.80% ; Octisalate 5%; Octinoxate 2.80%; Inactive ingredients: Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Trehalose, Sorbitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Menthol, Trihydroxystearin, Hydroxyapatite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Laureth-7, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetrimonium Chloride, PVP, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This was actually the first tinted moisturizer I've ever tried. The only other one I've tried is the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer, so I don't have much to compare to.
But, either way, this is a great product.
Its coverage is great--to be honest, it came to me as a shock. It has light-to-medium coverage, almost medium coverage, which is way more coverage than I expected. Apparently, according to the other reviews, this TM has too much coverage to be a TM, lol, but I would rather say that its coverage is a "pleasant surprise".
That said, it wears well over my primer. It doesn't contol oil that well (I have combination skin), but then again, it's a moisturizer, hence it's not really supposed to. But that's okay because that's nothing a light layer of translucent powder can't fix.
Its lasting power really isn't that great--I'd say 5 hours, maybe, with primer and a little powder--but I didn't expect it to either.
Shade 04 matches me pretty well. I'm NC35 in MAC btw.
It retails for $27, which is really cheap compared to all the $40-$60 price tags I'm used to paying for foundations.
Would I repurchase? No.

on 9/11/2012 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had a big sample of this that I used for about two weeks and then I purchased it. I actually preferred the bottle of the sample to the full sized bottle. I do love this tinted moisturizer though. It doesn't break me out, provides coverage and is pretty cheap!

on 9/8/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This isn't my HG, but it's pretty good and I will likely re-purchase unless I come across my HG in the meantime. I don't really consider it a true tinted moisturizer, more a light foundation. I can't imagine applying it the way I would a moisturizer - I just apply it as I do any other foundation. But as a light foundation it's quite nice. Gives me a quite natural finish, although not as dewy as I'd like personally - I still put a liquid illuminator on my cheekbones, cupid's bow, etc after the foundation to get a dewy look. As someone with dry skin, I usually wear this without a powder over top and it looks good. However, if you are wearing it over sunscreen, a powder is definitely needed or it will oxidize and start sliding off your face. Love the packaging - very neat and easy to use, with the only con being that I can't really tell how much is left in the bottle since it's opaque.

on 9/6/2012 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This product makes me breakout . It claims to be oil-free but it turns greasy after an hour.

on 8/18/2012 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I tried it on in the store and it looked amazing on my skin. The shade 03 matched my skin perfectly and I was very happy. But I had to return it, because when I used it at home I saw that the color was too pink for me (I have a bit of redness in my skin I want to cover) and it was more a product to even out than cover and look natural at the same time. The consistency is creamy and blendable but still quite runny and is easy to put on nicely. This made me oily all over (I have dry skin) after about 5 hours of wear, even with a setting powder on top. It covers too little for me and the color is too pink to work, but if you have amazing skin that only needs a bit of evening out and a more pink color is right for you then this will be great.

on 7/21/2012 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm quite pleased with this foundation. It's not my HG but I think I'm gonna repurchase since it worked out well for me.

Pros:
- did not brake me out at all!
- good coverage for a tinted moisturizer

Cons:
- a little orange on the skin, not disturbingly cause I use only a small amount of this at a time
- propably doesn't really work on dry skin cause it highlights all the dry areas
- doesn't give a matt finish, needs powder

on 7/14/2012 6:52:00 AM

I use this daily and I'm quite happy to repurchase and continue using it.

Pros:
- Natural, glowy finish. This is the main reason I'm happy to repurchase.
- Light to medium coverage
- Packaging is simple and hygienic
- No breakouts or irritation

Cons:
- Not especially moisturising. I do use a moisturiser underneath, otherwise it highlights my flakes. It can be streaky over my dry areas.
- Price could be more competitive

How I use it: I use a moisturiser underneath (one with a mattifying property) to control my oily T-zone. Next, I use Natio Skin Brightening Balm, which helps make application smoother and gives me a subtle glow. Then finally, the tinted moisturiser.

Update: I agree with the other reviewers. I'm Asian with yellow undertones. This is too pink for me. I have mixed it with moisturiser to try and minimise the pinkness. For now, I'm satisfied. However, I will not repurchase.

on 7/2/2012 11:36:00 PM

Price: 26.00
Coverage: Light. Very good for a TM though! Better than my CG Aqua Smoothers.
Longevity: Last about 8 hours on my dry skin.
Texture: Liquidy, very blendable
Packaging: Plastic bottle with a skinny nozzle. Shiny twist off cap.
Appearance: On my skin, it looks natural, evening out overall skintone and my redness. Does diminish appearance of dark circles, but I still need concealer for under the eyes and blemishes as well. It appears dry on my forehead though, which I'm taking a lippy off for.

on 6/19/2012 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this product but I really don't feel like it's a 'tinted moisturizer'. Its foundation - with a light/med coverage. I still use moisturizer underneath. It has SPF15 which is nice. If you want a true tinted moisturizer use Dermalogica sheer tint moisture - that one is very sheer, and really moisturizes. If you want a light foundation go with this.

on 6/18/2012 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite product from Clinique and also from all foundations and tinted moisturizers I have ever tried. I am pale and seek for products with sheer coverage only to even out my skin, I also prefer a natural finish, not too glowing and not too matte. This tinted moisturizer is just right in all the aspects – the shade 01 is a great match for my skin (NW15-NW20, Clinique Superbalanced Alabaster, Nars TM Finland), it evens out it a bit (for some concealing I rather use corrector when needed then to use a heavy base all over), it has spf 15. It also stays on the whole day, doesn’t crease and feels great just like second skin, like I had nothing on at all.
I use it after the 3-steps from Clinique (skin type 2), where needed I put a bit of concealer and sometimes I just powder my t-zone with a transparent fixing powder and I am done with my face for the whole day!