July 31, 2014 | 1822 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Clinique - Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Lacepowder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm quite pleased with this foundation. It's not my HG but I think I'm gonna repurchase since it worked out well for me.

Pros:
- did not brake me out at all!
- good coverage for a tinted moisturizer

Cons:
- a little orange on the skin, not disturbingly cause I use only a small amount of this at a time
- propably doesn't really work on dry skin cause it highlights all the dry areas
- doesn't give a matt finish, needs powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by xxbetsy

I use this daily and I'm quite happy to repurchase and continue using it.

Pros:
- Natural, glowy finish. This is the main reason I'm happy to repurchase.
- Light to medium coverage
- Packaging is simple and hygienic
- No breakouts or irritation

Cons:
- Not especially moisturising. I do use a moisturiser underneath, otherwise it highlights my flakes. It can be streaky over my dry areas.
- Price could be more competitive

How I use it: I use a moisturiser underneath (one with a mattifying property) to control my oily T-zone. Next, I use Natio Skin Brightening Balm, which helps make application smoother and gives me a subtle glow. Then finally, the tinted moisturiser.

Update: I agree with the other reviewers. I'm Asian with yellow undertones. This is too pink for me. I have mixed it with moisturiser to try and minimise the pinkness. For now, I'm satisfied. However, I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Price: 26.00
Coverage: Light. Very good for a TM though! Better than my CG Aqua Smoothers.
Longevity: Last about 8 hours on my dry skin.
Texture: Liquidy, very blendable
Packaging: Plastic bottle with a skinny nozzle. Shiny twist off cap.
Appearance: On my skin, it looks natural, evening out overall skintone and my redness. Does diminish appearance of dark circles, but I still need concealer for under the eyes and blemishes as well. It appears dry on my forehead though, which I'm taking a lippy off for.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Lankaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this product but I really don't feel like it's a 'tinted moisturizer'. Its foundation - with a light/med coverage. I still use moisturizer underneath. It has SPF15 which is nice. If you want a true tinted moisturizer use Dermalogica sheer tint moisture - that one is very sheer, and really moisturizes. If you want a light foundation go with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite product from Clinique and also from all foundations and tinted moisturizers I have ever tried. I am pale and seek for products with sheer coverage only to even out my skin, I also prefer a natural finish, not too glowing and not too matte. This tinted moisturizer is just right in all the aspects – the shade 01 is a great match for my skin (NW15-NW20, Clinique Superbalanced Alabaster, Nars TM Finland), it evens out it a bit (for some concealing I rather use corrector when needed then to use a heavy base all over), it has spf 15. It also stays on the whole day, doesn’t crease and feels great just like second skin, like I had nothing on at all.
I use it after the 3-steps from Clinique (skin type 2), where needed I put a bit of concealer and sometimes I just powder my t-zone with a transparent fixing powder and I am done with my face for the whole day!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 More reviews by raediantgirl

I have extremely fair skin, foundation shopping for me is a nightmere! I got a tip from a youtube make-up artist for the clinique having really good lighter tones. I tried it and its awesome.. I get pretty much the same coverage as the smashbox foundation... well a little more sheer but still really decent! And I really like how natural it looked and felt. I find a lot of foundations feel really heavy and tight on the skin... the moisture serge felt so comfy. and for $30.00.. not too shaby.. its definitely not the most expensive out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried Clinique's Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15 because I got a sample from Sephora with a purchase.
I was amazed with the coverage provided by a mosturizer which advertized itself as being sheer. I actualy used very little and this product provided quite full coverage including covering a slight discoloration caused by a recent breakout. I had been using a separate concealing stick and did not need to with this product.

I found the tinted mosturizer to go on well with just a pea size application and the small sample actually lasted me for 3 days use. It remained moist and dewey during my entire 12-1/2 hour shift at work, especially amazing since I have quite dry skin. I tried this the first time over the Clinique moisture Surge Gel Creme which came with it, but actually found that it worked even better over my usual routine (a little avocado oil and then my avon moisturizer with SPF over that then the Clinique).

I wore this to the dog park and one friend of mine (who I hadn't told that I was trying a new makeup) kept raving about how nice my skin looked "like porcelain" and wanted to know what I used. Since she had briefly commented that I had nice skin before but was REALLY raving when I used this product, I would have to say that this made the difference. And she also said that my makeup looked really nice.

I got much the same reception at work with a couple of co-workers stating that I looked more refreshed and something looked different, was I using a different moisturizer or makeup? I had been using Maybelline's Age Rewind so this had to be the difference.

Overall I can highly recommend this product, especially if you have mature dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by haleyf27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS! This is the best tinted moisturizer I have ever tried! I use this product year round because it offers great coverage for a tinted moisturizer (about light to medium coverage) and it is very moisturizing. This product worked wonders for my dry skin. It covers like a light foundation. You cannot feel this product on your skin at all! It lasts for hours. You only need the smallest pea sized amount as well. I absolutely adore this product. I recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to try out this moisturizer because I felt like I didn't need a foundation. I'm a NW20 and I use number 2 (they don't sell the lightest shade in my country). I must say that I am really pleased with it. Eventhough it's a moisturizer, it still has great coverage. I put a powder on top just because I don't like the dewy finish, I prefer matte. The moisturizer stayed on all day. Even after taking a shower at night, I still needed makeup remover to get everything off. I think Clinique did a great job with this product.

EDIT: It seems that my country doesn't sell this product anymore which is really too bad. I now switched to SKIN79 VIP Gold Collection BB cream which is actually slightly better than this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm NC25ish and was matched to shade 03. The coverage for me could pass for a light foundation. Light and easy to wear which would make it a good summer base. I have dry skin and this left it looking nice and moisturised. Very attractive and portable packaging although you don't get a lot of product for the price. There's a limited shade colour range and unfortunately, despite the shade being the best match for me, it's actually a bit too pink so I've had to give it away.