April 23, 2014 | 1945 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Clinique - Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried Clinique's Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15 because I got a sample from Sephora with a purchase.
I was amazed with the coverage provided by a mosturizer which advertized itself as being sheer. I actualy used very little and this product provided quite full coverage including covering a slight discoloration caused by a recent breakout. I had been using a separate concealing stick and did not need to with this product.

I found the tinted mosturizer to go on well with just a pea size application and the small sample actually lasted me for 3 days use. It remained moist and dewey during my entire 12-1/2 hour shift at work, especially amazing since I have quite dry skin. I tried this the first time over the Clinique moisture Surge Gel Creme which came with it, but actually found that it worked even better over my usual routine (a little avocado oil and then my avon moisturizer with SPF over that then the Clinique).

I wore this to the dog park and one friend of mine (who I hadn't told that I was trying a new makeup) kept raving about how nice my skin looked "like porcelain" and wanted to know what I used. Since she had briefly commented that I had nice skin before but was REALLY raving when I used this product, I would have to say that this made the difference. And she also said that my makeup looked really nice.

I got much the same reception at work with a couple of co-workers stating that I looked more refreshed and something looked different, was I using a different moisturizer or makeup? I had been using Maybelline's Age Rewind so this had to be the difference.

Overall I can highly recommend this product, especially if you have mature dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by haleyf27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS! This is the best tinted moisturizer I have ever tried! I use this product year round because it offers great coverage for a tinted moisturizer (about light to medium coverage) and it is very moisturizing. This product worked wonders for my dry skin. It covers like a light foundation. You cannot feel this product on your skin at all! It lasts for hours. You only need the smallest pea sized amount as well. I absolutely adore this product. I recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to try out this moisturizer because I felt like I didn't need a foundation. I'm a NW15 and I use number 2 (they don't sell the lightest shade in my country). I must say that I am really pleased with it. Eventhough it's a moisturizer, it still has great coverage. I put a powder on top just because I don't like the dewy finish, I prefer matte. The moisturizer stayed on all day. Even after taking a shower at night, I still needed makeup remover to get everything off. I think Clinique did a great job with this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm NC25ish and was matched to shade 03. The coverage for me could pass for a light foundation. Light and easy to wear which would make it a good summer base. I have dry skin and this left it looking nice and moisturised. Very attractive and portable packaging although you don't get a lot of product for the price. There's a limited shade colour range and unfortunately, despite the shade being the best match for me, it's actually a bit too pink so I've had to give it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by lucybeee

I originally bought this product hoping that I could wear it in the summer, so that it wasn't greasy and would give my skin a healthy glow without feeling caked with make up. I have to say that I can't use it on its own, and I know it's supposed to have a sheer coverage, I didn't expect it to give me flawless skin, but it just doesn't look right on me on its own. I ended up putting it in a drawer and not using it......

However! I have recently been using it again (after about a year or so not using it) and I'm loving it!

I've been using the Moisture Surge Moisturiser underneath my make up, and decided to try the Tinted moisturiser under my make up for a night out (for extra coverage) and it worked brilliantly! It made a perfect base for my make up (Collection 2000 Lasting Finish) and doesn't seem to make my face oily when used with a foundation & setting powder (Maybelline dream matte)

I have been trying this combination of products during the day too, and it doesn't look cakey, my face just looks (almost!) flawless, which is brilliant!

This tinted moisturiser can definitely be hit or miss, and I've found a way that it can work... however I'll probably try and find a cheaper alternative once I run out, as it's quite expensive!

This is my first review, thanks for reading :)

Lucy x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great tinted moisturizer for normal to combination skin types. It provides light coverage and does not cause my combo skin to break out. Feels like a liquid foundation on the skin, which I am not too crazy about. Like that it has spf 15 in it. I usually use this topped off the Estee Lauders loose Mineral foundation powder and really like how the two products look together on my skin. I am very fair skinned and shade 1 is a touch too dark for me but I can live with it until I find a closer match. Update: Halfway through the day, this is sucked off my skin and into my pores. Not long lasting enough for me to continue to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by aftonsmama

very good coverage... ive tried TONS of tm and this one is on my "daily reach for" list, i also like pf tinted moisturizers... this is just a personal preference but i like thicker tm's that give good coverage but are extremely light and this definitly fits the bill, great color b/c i have red undertones (wouldnt really recomend any clinique foundations/tms for yellow based skin tones. a little pricy but a little goes a long way. packaging is great, good control on how much product comes out!! definitly a repurchase (during gwp of course)

UPDATE
now that i have tried it for a while I HAVE NOTICED THAT MY SKIN HAS ACTUALLY DRIED OUT FROM THIS PRODUCT. also it now accentuated the dry patches on my nose and chin that this has made!! dang it..... off to find another product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by MERP

This TM is very opaque given that it's a TM. I cut it with moisturizer, and after that I like it. However, since that puts it back in the pile of all my other foundations I cut with moisturizer to MAKE a TM, my search for a favorite out-of-the bottle TM continues...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Blessis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really doesn't work on my skin at all. My face looks dry and my (acne-prone) skin doesn't seem too happy about having this on. It was a complete waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

amazing coverage for a tinted moisturizer and has lasted me all day. to add a little more coverage on top of this I just add a powder on top. I love how natural it looks on. The shade 1 matched my NC15 skin perfectly. I know clinique sometimes has issues with matching us pale skinned girls so if anyone is lighter than NC 15 I would suggest going with another brand. There are a few other foundations I cannot wear because clinique's lightest color is sometimes too dark for me.

I am oily skinned and this looks dewy but doesnt make me oily (when I set it with powder)

If you have dry skin it might show your dry patches or if you use it make sure to moisturize before hand

EDIT: The color is way off. The lightest shade is too orange for my very light pale skin. Once again clinique doesn't have a color for something I love.