Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77266 (Black 2)].

on 3/17/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My HG go-to daily eyeliner. I use this when tightlining and have the darkest, thickest-looking lashes with this method.

USE NOTES: I prime with UDPP in Eden, then apply shadows (usually UD Naked or LORAC Unzipped palettes). I tightline upper lashes with UD Perversion, then finish with Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies.

I usually don't use eyeliner above the upper lash or below the lower lash line; I mostly use shadow for lining in those areas. However if I'm going for a big smoky eye I will line with Perversion then use a smudging brush to blend it out. It is REALLY bold and I don't like the look of this liner unless it's smudged out.

Verdict:

I don't have any burning, stinging or watering.
Great wear, I get through an entire work day without reapplying.
No sliding or smudging.

Comments:

Many people have mentioned that the formula is too soft and because of that they experience a lot of smudging and have to reapply and resharpen their pencils too frequently. I have had none of those issues, in fact I get great wear out of my pencil and it has lasted me months. If you have purchased this pencil and don't like it, try tightlining with it!

on 3/17/2014 9:41:00 AM

If you are after a jet black liner this is it. This is blackout black.I use brown a lot but for a really dramatic evening look this is excellent.It's good on both upper and lower lids. Some pencils are impossible on the upper lid, they just won't show up, but this works as well as a liquid. This has great staying power and it doesn't smudge. It's waterproof so it shouldn't.A bit pricey but this is worth it.Great little pencil.

on 3/16/2014 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is my everyday eyeliner. I absolutely love it. Highly pigmented and glides on so easily and smoothly. Very dramatic and sharp lines. After applying, you should give a it a few seconds to set as it may smudge. Works excellent with my UD primer potion. Overall fantastic product, however it is on the pricier side.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Great color, but the pencils wear away sooo fast.

on 3/14/2014 11:09:00 PM

Very rich dark black. Creamy and smooth. It is almost too black for me I think as it looks stark. It does smudge a bit too. I would buy again, but in a different colour.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this pencil! It goes on smooth and pitch black. It's one of the few eyeliners I can wear all night that doesn't budge or smudge.

Like many other reviewers, I did have issues with the point not getting sharp enough. I almost gave up on the pencil but at the suggestion of other reviewers I purchased the NYX pencil sharpener and it made all the difference. Not crumbling, sharp tip, and no wasted products

If you get this pencil, please get either the Urban Decay or NYX sharpener to go with it.

Yes, the pencil is pricey, but it's absolutely worth the money.

on 2/13/2014 12:56:00 PM

This is my favorite black eye pencil. It is very pigmented, goes on creamy and doesn't go anywhere. It does smudge if you want it to though. It lasts all day. It is very black and matte, no sparkle or shimmer.

on 1/29/2014 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Great pigmentation. I put it on my waterline & it lasts all day & doesn't collect in the tear duct or outer eye corners. My only problem is the cap comes loose sometimes in my makeup bag

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this instead of my bare minerals round the clock cus i was told its being discontinued which is really sad, so i got this, it has an awesome pigmentation, i just wore today for the.first time so ill update to rate if it lasts all day,.fingers crossed

I've bought dirt cheap eye pencils better than the Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil Perversion. This eye pencil smudges. I would think because of the price this pencil would be great, but it has its flaws. I love how it's creamy, and the pigmentation is GREAT. It is a really strong and bold black. But on the downside it smudges, it doesn't stay too long, and I always have to sharpen it. It may be because the formula is too soft or it may be because the cap keeps pressing onto the tip of the eye pencil when the cap is put on. I even try putting the cap on lightly with it already sharpened and the next time i'm about to use it; I have to re-sharpen it again, i guess because it got pressed down. So whenever I use it (which is probably three times a day) I have to re-sharpen it. That's a lot of eyeliner being smushed and a lot of my money being wasted. Although I do love the various colours this eye pencil collection Urban Decay has, lovely colours too! But no; I will not be purchasing this eye liner again, unless they some how re-make the formula than I'll give it a shot again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

The best pencil EVER! SUPER BLACK Perversion Pencil by Urban Decay! by Anna Boroshok

How to do inspiration Hello Kitty Makeup: Fun & Great for Halloween! by beautybysantaana

Top Rated Urban Decay Products