July 29, 2014 | 955 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I've been using this blush for a few months now and I absolutely love it! It's the best blush I've ever used, hands down. It does, in fact, stay on for twelve hours, though it may be a bit weak by the end of the day. I haven't found break-outs or any skin-related negatives because of it; I think the pink color is great and natural for my fair skin, as well, because it definitely has cool undertones.
I first bought it because I know Tarte is a quality, cruelty-free company, and the packaging is amazingly cute!

UPDATE:
I've bought yet another Tarte blush- the one titled "natural beauty" (: It seems to be a dark pink-red in the package but I read rave reviews about it on MU from fair-skinned girls and others alike, so I decided to purchase, and again! I love it! Great, natural choice for anybody who wants a strong, rosy color. I will say, though, I've noticed that the Tarte blushes stick relentlessly to my concealer if I happen to apply the blush over it. Just a fair warning!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought a two pack of mini's that included this and a bronzer and I love them both! this blush is a gorgeous color and it's an awesome price if you get this combo pack with the bronzer mini for $15. I highly recommend it, it's a really nice natural pink color but it's still noticeable and it's very long lasting and pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by maddie1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful color! I wear this almost every day in the winter (it goes well with my lighter complextion) and I find it has great staying power and pigmentation. I will repurchase and buy in other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by xxmakeuplover123xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this blush! I've had my eye on it for a while, and finally bought it while in Sephora looking for concealer. It has a pretty, pinkish color, and lasts all day at school! It applies beautifully with a blush brush, and has a pretty shimmer. It really brightens my eyes. Also, you don't need to apply a lot, because it's highly pigmented, so it'll last a long time!

Overall I would definitely recommend. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by gerihere

I bought this shade along with mini sized bronzer in Park Ave Princess. Getting a full size Tarte blush in my country is quite expensive so I thought, I could try the mini versions and see if I like it.

As I write this review, I am still undecided whether I like the blush or not. I mean, it is a okay product but the 12 hour claim is overrated in my opinion. When I tried this on, it lasted for 4 hours, or maybe less.

Right now, I bought another one, full size this time in the shade Amused. Reviews say that brighter colored blushes of this line tend to last longer. I have not used this one yet but will definitely report on that as soon as I tried it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dollface is one of two blushes I brought with me on the last long trip I took (the other was UD fetish).
The texture is absolutely matte with no shimmer whatsoever, and the color is a light, cheerful, somewhat bright, clear pink (that isn't too bright for pale skin). As other reviewers have said, it's not too cool (though when I first saw it I thought of it as a cool blush; when you see it next to something really cool, like Tarte's Adored, it puts things in perspective). I imagine Dollface suiting medium skin tones as well as lighter ones, and this blush compliments just about everything and any makeup look. It can be played down to look like a barely there natural flush or played up to achieve the "china doll" look it's named for. This is why it's one of my favorite traveling companions. Since I tend to get tired of using the same blush over and over again, I have to be careful when packing makeup for a trip. The product has to be so gorgeous and versatile that I don't get tired of it and can pull together different looks for day and night, warm and cool, casual or elegant, strong lips or eyes, etc. Dollface meets all the above criteria. I do have to touch up at least once during the day (in fewer than 12 hours, especially in humidity and heat), and that's why it gets only four lipsticks. To be fair, though, I don't think I've ever met a blush that would stick around that long on me. :-/ Blushes tend to wear off for some reason. I got the mini-size in a set along with a small travel size of "Park Avenue Princess" bronzer. This makes it even better for an on-the-go makeup bag in my purse or for travel. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by geekischic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! Love the colour, it's gorgeous, and super flattering on my nc15 skin tone. :) It's everything bella bamba wishes it was, and no shimmer, which I hate in a blush!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Ritochok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this blush! It's the perfect pink color that lasts all day. It's very pigmented so you just need a light dusting to get a warm pinky glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all-time favorite blush, which is saying something considering how many I have. It's the perfect everyday pink shade that's not too cool-toned, but also not peachy. Peachy blushes tend to look orange on me, so it's always a struggle to find that perfectly balanced warm pink color. Honestly, this is it. It has a lovely matte finish and blends very nicely. It's my default blush - when I don't know what to wear, I throw this on because it looks good with everything. My only issue with it is that you have to keep it someplace dry (aka, not in your bathroom), otherwise the clay in the blush will absorb water and harden the surface. It's also a bit pricey ($25!), which I'm not a fan of, but it is pigmented so it will last a long time (and you can always knock a few bucks off with an Ulta coupon). I've nearly hit pan on my first one and I am definitely going to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bright and fun! This blush is for a girl who loves to go out and have a good time. The bright pink gives your skin a happy glow, however I do recommend this color for more fair skin types. The Amazonian Clay will help you make this blush last - it is very concentrated! I bought mine over a year and a half ago and I can still see the pretty imprinted design on mine.