The Body Shop Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Flavor, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Water, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Tocopherol.

on 5/15/2010 7:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best lip moisturiser I have ever used! Normally in winter I get really dry flaky lips with a big scabby patch in the middle but I used this lip care stick this year and my lips stayed smooth and soft throughout the winter. It also smells / tastes really nice (like chocolate) and is made of lots of natural ingredients (cocoa butter obviously but also coconut oil, beeswax, olive oil and almond oil). The fact that it is a stick rather than a pot means you don't get your fingers all greasy. It is only £4 and lasts a long time.
Also using this doesn't make you lips need it like mineral oil ones (eg vaseline) do. I have found lip treatments like vaseline and carmex overall make my lips drier.
Only wish they would do one with spf for summer.

on 4/2/2010 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My lips have been really dry lately and I've been on a 'lip balm binge' for the past few months. After trying a large amount of high and low end brands, I've realised that this is one of the few that actually does something for my lips. My test is if my lips feel moisturized in the morning after using a product, well this scores highly. I also get a reaction from products with SPF chemicals in them and this doesn't appear to have any in it.
It does have a sweet somewhat over-powing smell at first but that subsides and it just keeps your lips moisturized, some may find it a little too 'greasy'. The product will melt if left in heat and the packaging is nothing exciting (cream and brown), but the results from this more than makes up for it.

on 3/16/2010 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this product. I find it lasts longer on my lips than other chapsticks I have used in the past, and it definitely moisturizes.
It is pretty expensive for the amount you get, but knowing that the money goes towards supporting community projects makes up for it. I would purchase this again.

on 2/23/2010 8:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Cocoa butter begins to melt when it gets in contact with the warmth of your body (lips). And this simple fact makes this product so good, I guess! I always get one in winter, because my lips get dry from the heated air. It lasts and it moistures really good!
It smells like cocoa, but more like raw cocoa to mee, not like a cup of cocoa or chocolate. I like the smell, but I know people which can't stand it because it's kind of special - so try this before!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I gave this product about a week before writing this. My lips were in absolute flaking, peeling, hurting, disgusting shambles prior to buying this. Nothing worked! Not even eye creams with vaseline applied on top--nothing. Bought this spur of the moment ($$ to me, 79 KR = circa $11 these days) but it is worth it. I apply it about 5x daily and my lips are so hydrated and smooth now. 90% improved and I have faith for more improvement ahead. Olé!

on 1/19/2010 6:01:00 PM

I picked this up on a whim and it's probably the best chapstick/lip balm I've ever used. It smells divine and it's SO moisturizing. It lasts a long time on the lips.

on 10/24/2009 3:17:00 PM

This is the only "chapstick/lip balms" product that I trust. I use it all the time, every day-- I keep one in my school bag and one in my purse so I'm never without it. It soaks in and leaves your lips smooth, not greasy, and it doesn't give that weird extra coating that some do (ie: anything Burt's Bees, on my lips at least).

It was the only thing that would keep my lips moisturized when I was on accutane (isotretinoin) a few years ago, so you know it's hardcore.

on 10/14/2009 7:39:00 AM

tastes a bit like unsweetened chocolate, so its different :) i just got this, so i'll have to update this review on its effectivity. i bought it together with the Body Shop lipscuff.

yummy and delicious and super moisturizing for my constantly thirsty lips. i think the smell is fantastic. it is thick, but sinks in thoroughally. pricey for sure, but this is the only product that keeps my lips quenched. worth every penny i spent on it.

on 4/27/2009 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this stuff! It's a bit onm the pricy side but I find one application does the trick, I don't have to keep reapplying through the day. The scent is yummy too so that always helps!

Top Rated Lip Treatments