The Body Shop Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Flavor, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Water, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Tocopherol.

on 2/23/2010 8:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Cocoa butter begins to melt when it gets in contact with the warmth of your body (lips). And this simple fact makes this product so good, I guess! I always get one in winter, because my lips get dry from the heated air. It lasts and it moistures really good!
It smells like cocoa, but more like raw cocoa to mee, not like a cup of cocoa or chocolate. I like the smell, but I know people which can't stand it because it's kind of special - so try this before!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I gave this product about a week before writing this. My lips were in absolute flaking, peeling, hurting, disgusting shambles prior to buying this. Nothing worked! Not even eye creams with vaseline applied on top--nothing. Bought this spur of the moment ($$ to me, 79 KR = circa $11 these days) but it is worth it. I apply it about 5x daily and my lips are so hydrated and smooth now. 90% improved and I have faith for more improvement ahead. Olé!

on 1/19/2010 6:01:00 PM

I picked this up on a whim and it's probably the best chapstick/lip balm I've ever used. It smells divine and it's SO moisturizing. It lasts a long time on the lips.

on 10/24/2009 3:17:00 PM

This is the only "chapstick/lip balms" product that I trust. I use it all the time, every day-- I keep one in my school bag and one in my purse so I'm never without it. It soaks in and leaves your lips smooth, not greasy, and it doesn't give that weird extra coating that some do (ie: anything Burt's Bees, on my lips at least).

It was the only thing that would keep my lips moisturized when I was on accutane (isotretinoin) a few years ago, so you know it's hardcore.

on 10/14/2009 7:39:00 AM

tastes a bit like unsweetened chocolate, so its different :) i just got this, so i'll have to update this review on its effectivity. i bought it together with the Body Shop lipscuff.

yummy and delicious and super moisturizing for my constantly thirsty lips. i think the smell is fantastic. it is thick, but sinks in thoroughally. pricey for sure, but this is the only product that keeps my lips quenched. worth every penny i spent on it.

on 4/27/2009 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this stuff! It's a bit onm the pricy side but I find one application does the trick, I don't have to keep reapplying through the day. The scent is yummy too so that always helps!

on 4/18/2009 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Mediocre product; sat on top of the lips (-). Comparable to Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick.

on 4/5/2009 11:50:00 AM

good stuff, nice smell. Wenn u apply it, it still on ur lips, not sink right now, but after a moment it make lips smooth and soft, last long through night. Nothing to complain beside the price but it worths.
Update 3/12/2010: i bought the third tube and still very satisfied. Great work art from The body shop

on 4/3/2009 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS LIP BALM! simply irresistible! I love the taste of cocoa. I don't normally use lipstick since my lip is naturally red, just a coat of lip balm and i am done. For a more natural yet glamorous look, apply a thin coat of clear lip gloss on it. This is def my favorite lip balm of all time! :)
xoxo