November 23, 2014 | 1851 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by strakale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this palette, and use it regularly despite the fact that I own plenty of HE palettes. The colors are very wearable, but I find it to be a twist on neutral rather than just a traditional neutral palette. There are nice olives & a lovely duochrome included, which make it more than your average neutral shadow set.
The actual formula of the shadows is great- it's very soft & buttery and blends well. As other reviewers mentioned, there is quite a bit of fall out. I get a lot of fall out with my UD shadows (there's more in this, though), so I don't really mind that so much. I just tap off my brush & don't do my under eye concealer until after my shadow. I don't really see this as a negative, but it is something to take note of.
This palette is all very shimmery, which is the biggest downside to me. There aren't any blending shades, and I really appreciate mixing mattes & shimmers, so I need to add outside shadows if I want to do so. This is a bummer, since WNW does make great mattes & could've easily added one or two to this palette, but oh well.
Lastly, the packaging looks a little cheap & these shadows will shatter if dropped. For $5 (or less, since they're often BOGO at various stores), it's not a huge deal, but I don't generally travel with these shadows for this reason.
Overall, I think it's a nice addition to a collection and great for beginners and those who love shimmers.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you don't own any of these eye shadow palettes....
Just know that I'm judging you, and you should immediately go buy some. Why?
BECAUSE THESE ARE LITERALLY THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME.
(Keep in mind that I'm a socially awkward, introverted teenager with little to no social life. So not much happens in my life. But still. These palettes are amazing)

I wear the shades in this palette every singe day, it is one of my favorites. Why do I like it? I'm so glad you asked.

1. CAN WE JUST GET A HALLELUJAH AMEN FOR PIGMENTATION?! Seriously?! These are as pigmented as the tears of the Queen Jennifer Lawrence herself. (and I'm pretty sure her tears ARE in fact pigmented. WITH FABULOUSNESS AND SASS)
2. The consistency. Bringing up this fact alone just makes me emotional. These eye shadows are such good quality, especially for the price. Speaking of the price...
3.JUMPING JEHOSHAPHAT THE PRICE. Even as the financially challenged teen I am, these are still cheap enough that I practically own every single palette. For the incredible quality of these, I, along with many other ladies I'm sure, would gladly fork over thrice (no, I did not mean twice-THRICE) the amount for each palette, and still think we were getting an amazing deal. That's literally how good these shadows are.

If you are not yet convinced, just let me tell you that Beyonce uses these.
Just kidding.
But I mean they're still really good.

23 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by blissful3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The hype is worth it!

I kept hearing about this palette and finally gave in a few months ago. Let's just say, I am in love. I mostly use the colors on the left side because the compliment the looks I like to do. The feel of these shadows are so soft and look so beautiful on the eyelid. I put these on my ELF primer and they lost me the whole day without fading, smearing, or flaking.

Sometimes I use a brush and sometimes I use my finger, both work great.

So glad I bought it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Mbhamster

I loved it when I first purchased it. But. It's not what it's hyped up to be. Nothing compared to lorac or urban decay. It has INSANE FALLOUT. and also I had it in my makeup bag, which I am VERY GENTLE WITH and the bottom right definer shade shattered and fell all over all my makeup and also got all over my pretty dress I was wearing. I really do not recommend this product at all. Very hard to deal with.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Kelb92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful palette! The pigmentation is amazing and lasts all day! I have the naked 2 palette and this is just as good and its only $5.00!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by sequoiarobin

Pros: High pigmentation Long lasting Little to no fallout Drug Store brand Inexpensive Comparable to Naked Palette 2 Cons: Shimmery No Mattes

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I looooOooOoove this palette. I'd had my eye on it for a few weeks before I stumbled upon a $2 off coupon and ended up getting this for $2.99. I honestly would give this palette five stars and would pay actual full price for just the color on the bottom right hand corner. The brown shade that shines blue? Ugh, it is GORGEOUS. I may be mistaken, but it looks a hell of a lot like MAC's blue brown pigment. Anyways, all these shadows are perfect and pigmented and buttery, just like always. No complaints here!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Deviationize

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

SO amazing! This is my first Wet 'n Wild palette, and I'm so impressed! First off, you're getting 8 colours for only $5. Compared to other drugstore palettes that give you only 3 colours for close to $7, that's dirt cheap. Every single colour in this palette is super pigmented, extremely long lasting and very wearable as everyday colours. My eyes are hooded, so I tend to get eyeshadow creasing a lot more than someone with a non-hooded eye. Even with that being the case, I find I can go a whole school day and then a shift at work without having these colours fade! I use the dark brown "definer" colour on my eyebrows sometimes, too. It looks shimmery, but you can't see any sparkle when it's on the brow.

This palette has made me want to go back and try all the Wet 'n Wild eyeshadow colours! It's a new HG product for me and something I think everyone should have in their makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by rockkchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

BEST EYESHADOW EVER. even better than the overhyped naked palette,
cheap, extra buttery and pigmented, the only downside is that it's so delicate and soft so you have to be quite careful while using it. otherwise. excellent palette. please never discontinue it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by lindzt18

I love-love-love this palette. The pigmentation of the colors is leagues beyond any other drugstore eyeshadow I've tried. This of course means that I have to use a bit of a lighter hand than I'm used to when applying, which is no big deal.

Favorite/Most Used Shades:

The eyelid shade on the left: a beautiful rose-gold for a warm look
The browbone shade on the right: I wouldn't use this on the browbone but I love it for all over the lid. It's silver with a slight green tinge and looks great with my blue-green eyes.
The deep chocolate brown definer on the left and the black-green crease shade on the right: I use either for slightly lining my eyes for definition and to make my lashes look fuller.

My ONLY complaint is that I get some major fallout. It may be the way I apply the shadows, that I should pat rather than swipe. Little flakes fall under my eyes and then when I try to wipe them away, they streak. No big deal though, because I either put something under my eye to keep the shadow from falling, or reapply concealer/wait to apply it.

For the inexpensive price, these shadows are very high quality and so worth it.