September 30, 2014 | 943 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

KATE makes my favorite eyeliner -- brush tip, precise, black, inexpensive, and long-lasting. The only thing is that I have to order it online in order to avoid the local 50% markup.

I'd heard Physicians Formula made a fantastic liner so I waited for a 40% CVS sale to pick this up.

I bought this liner in Ultra Black, which has a shiny finish. The brush tip was nice and felt pretty sturdy. It is not as precise or thin as the one on the KATE liner, but it is pretty good anyway. The black color is very black, also comparable, but it does take a couple of strokes for this to get to full opacity.

My issue with this liner is that it flakes like cray. I've tried applying this liner with and without primer underneath, by waiting for it to completely dry before blinking, and even just applying a thin layer, but I still have this problem. And the thing is the flaking/cracking happens so quickly after application. I understand those of us experiencing flaking are in the minority but it is still an issue.

I'm hoping to return my liner and get a replacement just in case my liner is old or something.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by NaomiALopez

Smooth appl

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Dowagr

I freaking love this eyeliner!!! I have gone through at least 3 of it already with almost daily usage. And it's pretty cheap too, great looking silver pen, quality synthetic brush that does not fan out.

I favour the Ultra Black most of the time, or the Deep Brown when i prefer a more natural look. Honestly the serum does nothing for me as my lashes has not grown back, BUT! as an eyeliner, it works great. I have to go over it 2 times to make it opaque, but it does rarely flakes with repeat application and it does not smear once it is dry.

Lastly, it did not irritate my eyeball when it gets into my eyes. Seriously, I LOVE THIS THING. I will buy it again and again and again.....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just adding another one to the pile. I'm on my second tube of the deep brown. I don't normally mind the package much but this is really high end looking, the cap closes very strongly, very high quality packaging.
This eyeliner has been my go to and I've always taken it with me in my make up bag because It's quick and easy to apply, and I was a lot less likely to make a mess with it compared to other liners.
The formula is runny and the color comes out evenly, it dries quickly leaving a very thin, comfortable layer that is easy to go over. It wears very comfortably, it never irritated my eyes and it's weightless.
It doesn't last super long but I've never had any problems with it wearing off or smudging. I also really like how easily it washes off without leaving any residue.
What's not to love about it? It's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by silverbrook

I am a liquid liner snob and I do actually like this product. I don't like it QUITE as much as I like my Dolly WInk liquid liner, but it's almost as good. The staying power is good. The only thing I wish was slightly better was the brush. It is SLIGHTLY too soft for me. Don't get me wrong though, it is still miles better than felt tipped liners in terms of precision. It is just harder to control than a slightly stiffer brush. If you have steady hands, it should be fine! I am clumsy.

At the end of the day, you can still see the wing on my eye. That's my indication that the staying power is good. I have very oily eyelids. As for flaking some others mentioned, I haven't experienced that. Give this a try! It is cheap and easy to find.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by amieey

It applies really well and looks amazing for like an hour...but I had MAJOR problems with it flaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by powerderprincess

At first I couldn't get a steady flow of liner with this pen, but after storing it in a cup, tip side down, I have had no problems. The tip is a brush tip rather than felt tip that comes to a fine point resulting in extreme precision and the finest wing tips. The result is a glossy line. I find this skips less than traditional felt tip pen liners. It's a little pricey for something from the drugstore, but it's an amazing product that I would recommend and repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Physician's Formula has made a superb liner that gives you the look of a liquid or gel/cream without the effort.
The EB 2 in 1 eyeliner, has a thin, firm but bendable synthetic brush that feels like you're drawing with a fine tip gel pen. Just shake and apply. The control is superb with no skipping and it's not overly wet or dry. Glides on like a felt tip but gives you precise lining that any eye type or age can use with ease. You can draw the thinnest of lines or build to a thick line with or without a wing. It also has a spring type closure to keep the product from drying out.
I have gotten twelve hours of wear with no smudging or fading, in humid weather as well.
It removes easily with a good facial cleanser or eye make up remover so no worries there.
For $12.00 a piece you get three hues to choose from that are all matte.
Deep Brown; a very rich pigmented brown almost a brown/black.
Black; more like a charcoal or soft black. (good option if you think black is too strong)
Ultra Black is a true black with a bit of a sheen (nothing over the top and no glitter)
As far as the lash boosting, I haven't seen a difference but I don't care. This is the best eyeliner I have ever used at any price.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by JayMUA

This is my favorite liquid eyeliner of all time. It took me about a year to finish one.

I don't care about the lash serum - nor do I think that works but as an eyeliner alone it is awesome. I can get thin or thick lines & very precise wings. I will not go back to using a felt tip or a brush eyeliner again.

I haven't tried any of the eyeliner pen styles of more expensive brands - but why would I? i get perfect winged liners with this every time.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

I just cannot get into this at all. I got a highly pigmented one, that is the one plus. It is shiny too and I love the sleek packaging and resounding CLICK sound it makes when you close it up. My chief complaints are 1) I consistently receive black eye goop inside my eye which is totally gross. I am not a self conscious person but this makes me feel like one as I have to monitor the eye goop situation often throughout the day. 2) It is not even close to long wearing and 3) While I can appreciate the long skinny brush that many like, it takes me longer to apply because my eye shape is more rounded. I have to use my own push liner brush dipped into this for best and quickest application. 3)ordinarily I would not rant about a product's false or exaggerated claims but in this case, I think it is justified because they go on and on about the lash boosting business and it just ain't so. They lose big credibility points with me on that one and I would think long and hard before purchasing another product from them again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No