November 28, 2014 | 1092 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by arameep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was looking for something cheaper to replace my Stila Stay All Day eyeliner. I like the Stila eyeliner, but it's not as long lasting as I would like it. I still use it on the days when I work early in the morning when I'm rushing to get to work. Since the Stila eyeliner is one of the easiest eyeliners to apply, I could put it on the train on my way to work. That's why I like felt marker type eyeliners, they're so easy to apply! The Stila is great but I just don't know if I can justify spending $20 on it when it's not even the main eyeliner I use. I heard a lot of good reviews about this so I decided to give it a try. I would say that the Physician's Formula eyeliner is a good value for the price. It is ALMOST as long lasting as the Stila, at the end of day the inner and outer corners faded away but it was overall still intact, no smudging or flaking either. Applying this eyeliner takes slightly longer than the Stila one, just because you kind of have to do a few layers to get it to be REALLY black, which I find annoying, but it might be good for people who prefer a more natural look. Overall I like the Stila better, but not significantly more, plus the Physician's Formula eyeliner is only $10!

UPDATE:

I just had a day where I was very sleepy and yawned a whole bunch throughout the day. And literally like half of my eyeliner came off... Even some parts at the top! This has never happened to me before. This eyeliner is not as waterproof as I had initially thought and won't be purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I love the look of gel and the ease of pencil eyeliners. With this liquid eyeliner, I get the best of both worlds. I have this in "Ultra Black" and it is perfect. One swipe is enough to get a rich and opaque black line. I find this incredibly similar to Lorac's Front of the Line Pro eyeliner. It's very easy to use- the tip is firm but flexible. I have sensitive eyelids and this did not irritate or burn (like the Revlon Colorstay eyeliner-ouch!). I highly recommend this eyeliner. It retails pretty high for a drugstore product but Ulta and drugstores always have sales/coupons on this eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

good quality, elegant looking, easy to create a nice clean line.

The lash boosting is probably nonsense.

Really excellent product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by xuchan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product is really perfect, easy to use, easy to clean and very very long lasting, i love this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This is my holy grail liquid eyeliner. I just finished up my fourth tube of this and it has done no wrong to me. I've tried experimenting with other liquid eyeliners but I don't even know why I wasted my time because I always go back to this one. The longevity is amazing, it's user friendly, foolproof, and overall the best eyeliner I have used from high end to low end. Rite Aid usually has them bogo free.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by moomonge

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily eyelids and this does not budge on me. I bought this based on reviews here and I've been using it for a week. I love that I can get a super fine line with it very easily. What I've found this whole week is that at the end of the day, when I get ready to wash my face, I still have that nice lash enhancing thin line on my eyelid!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG eyeliner and I've tried just about every pen-style liquid eyeliner out there, including the stila and lise watier ones! I think the big difference here is that this eyeliner is not felt tip, but a brush. The biggest mistake to make though is buying "black" instead of "ultra black". The black is more of a grey, but the ultra black is a highly pigmented dark black shade that you'd want in a liquid eyeliner. I find this lasts me forever too. I use it just about everyday to do a "cat eye" look and I can keep one for about 8 months to a year. Sometimes the tip appears to be running dry, but I just run it under a bit of warm water and it's fine again. It never smudges or runs, and comes off very easily with eyemakeup remover. I don't know how well it really helps the growth of the eyelashes, but I don't really care because it's easy to use and I get a consistent and even application every time I use it. It's a must have for ladies who like the winged eyeliner look! I recommend it to everyone. It is also a reasonable price at $16.99 CAD

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- very pigmented
- dries very quickly
- doesn't transfer even without primer
-- for reference, I have very oily Asian (hooded) eyes
- the applicator/tip is like a brush
-- it doesn't become wonky like some of the felt-tip liners
-- you also get a lot of control with the thickness of the lines
-- in fact, this is extremely easy to use
--- I can line both of my eyes perfectly in 5 minutes
- removes very easily

Cons:
- not waterproof
- the eyeliner fades in the inner corners of my eye (even with primer)
-- in fact, if you slightly touch the eyeliner, some of it will come off
- if you put this on top of eyeshadow, the brush/tip will dry up a bit thus making it difficult to apply

Overall, this is a very good eyeliner. Although this isn't exactly my HG liner, this is an eyeliner that I would use on an everyday basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kplprovoke

I was really hesitant to buy this eyeliner at first because I swatched the color "Black" in the drugstore and found it to be too grey for my liking. However I found out there was a darker color called "Ultra Black" and I love it. Finding a good drugstore pen tip eyeliner is hard enough. This one has smooth application, great color, and lasts all day for me. It reminds me of Kat Von D's tattoo liner or Dollywink liquid pen liner, but for the price and ease of accessibility, I would probably buy this liner again. Def wait around for a drugstore sale to pick this up, as it is fairly expensive for a drugstore item.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by firefox23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the colour 'Blackest Black'

I love black liquid eyeliner, and I think it's safe to say that I've worn it pretty much everyday for the past 4 years. It's kind of been my goal to find the ultimate liquid eyeliner, which is hard since there are quite a few factors that come into play when searching for a good one - I've tried ones that are SUPER black in colour (which I love), but the applicator sucks. Or visa versa, the applicators great but the colour leans towards greyish, as opposed to a true black. I have a few high end brands that I love for black liquid eyeliner, but they set me back $35-$40 a pop, which is crazy.... This Physicians Formula is amazing, it's SO close to the high end brands I've tried, it's reasonably priced ($15-$18 CAD) it's such a crazy good dupe for most of them. LOVE! I've broken down my review below!

Note, in regards to the lash boosting benefit:
So, I haven't be using this for long enough (a month) to really see benefits, but I do believe that my lashes are growing a bit, which is better than not at all. You have to be careful not to get this too close to your inner eye, because I find it can sting a bit.

Colour:
Good true black, not the darkest I've ever used, but really close! I like my eyeliner pretty black, as I find some are kind of 'dull', and this really delivers on that front. You don't often find such good pigmentation in a drugstore brand.

Application:
Awesome! Love. It's so easy to be precise with this, and I find that because it isn't a felt tip (more of a brush style), that it's so much easier to use, like a paint brush. Physicians Formula really nailed it. I've been applying liquid liner for a few years, but I think this would be perfect for anyone starting out with liquid liner, as it can take some time to practice.

Longevity/Formula:
Amazing, lasts all work day (from 7am-10pm). No smudges, no flaking, the colour holds itself really well (obviously some minor fading). On par or better lasting power than a lot of high end brands!

Basically, this is a really great liquid liner. I believe it comes in brown, black, and blackest black. I can't believe that this is only around $16, when I've been paying at least $35 for liquid liners for years now - and this is better than most of those expensive brands!