Almay Get Up and Grow

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire D'Abeille), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba ((Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire de Carnauba), Trisiloxane, Triethanolamine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth-200 Linoleate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Nylon-6, Simethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Black 2 (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 3/26/2013 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Nice concept, but smudge city

on 3/16/2013 12:55:00 PM

This was my very first mascara. It was summertime, so I bought it in the waterproof version. I HATED this. It was very messy to apply, clumped quite easily, and smudged quite a bit. I won't repurchase in the future.

on 3/13/2013 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Natural finish macara that lengthens and holds a decent curl. Does not give a lot of volume, but most natural finish mascaras do not. I like the old school bristley brush. (The new rubber ones are hit and miss.) I give it a 5 because my lashes are noticeably longer! Ive used lash growing products that did not work as well.

on 3/8/2013 10:01:00 PM

I have the waterproof version. First day of wearing this and I'll be returning it tomorrow. The brush is a bit awkward because it's so long. Was hard to get in the corners of the eyes without getting it on my skin. Checked my makeup in the mirror in the parking garage at work before heading in and I had black smudges all under my eyes. This was less than 2 hours after application. All day at work I've had to go and wipe away the smudges and flakes about once every hour. Theres basically nothing really left on my lashes because it has flaked and smudged to the point it doesn't even look like I'm wearing any mascara. My contacts are also blurry and scratchy. The hunt for the perfect mascara continues......

on 2/21/2013 7:10:00 PM

I really tried to like this one. I picked up the waterproof formula and haven't tried the non-waterproof- it doesnt seem like I will try it either.

It was dry, more dry than what I like plus it flaked all day long.
The volume it gave was alright but no length or curl (even when using an iron) My eyelashes look pathetic and I gave it a little while to "air out" using it for about a week. It is easy to remove, I'll give it that and nice for sensitive eye balls.

It is NOT comparable to higher end lines such as Clinique and dare I say.. I have a bit of smudging on lower lash line

on 2/13/2013 12:31:00 PM

I also bought this on emilynoel83's recommendation, but was sadly disappointed. The real deal-breaker is the smudging- I want a mascara that will wear all day and not leave black under my eyes.

PROS:
very little clumping
holds curl fairly well

CONS:
smudges like crazy!
adds very little volume

And although I haven't noticed any negative affects on my lashes from using this mascara, I haven't noticed anything positive either. I don't think it's made a difference in my lash growth.

on 2/11/2013 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I too got this mascara based on emilynoel83's review. This one didn't do it for me. The formula is very dry and not buildable. Your lashes have already dried into little clumps by the time you are ready for the second layer. The brush is long and kind of hard to work with. It lengthens and volumizes a little bit -- pretty average in both. It doesn't flake at all, but smudges a little bit on my lower lid.

on 1/31/2013 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I also bought this due to Emily Noel's recommendation. At first, I was sorely disappointed. It didn't seem to do anything. I still used it regularly, determined not to waste my money, and about 3 months later I noticed an improvement in performance. It started to lengthen and define my lashes quite noticeably. The texture must be too wet for the formula when new..so if you don't like it and can't return it, give it a few months and hopefully your purchase won't be in vain. I won't be repurchasing, but I am finally content with the product.

on 1/22/2013 1:18:00 AM

I really like how this mascara goes on. The brush is full enough to cover all of your lashes, but not so huge that it's hard to maneuver. I got it because it looked good, paying no attention to the name of it, but after about a week of using it I swear my lashes have grown! They look longer and fuller, and that is just the cherry on top of a wonderful product. I use the regular one, though I believe they have a waterproof version.

This mascara gives a nice, feathery look to your lashes.

on 1/18/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried a million and one mascaras and this one is most definitely in the top 5.

The brush is amazing. It is really large so not the best for tiny eyes or bottom lashes, but is great for naturally long/full lashes.

The formula is great, thick without being clumpy. You do not have a large window of opp for fixing mistakes tho, it dries quite fast (also the entire tube goes quickly, this is a 4-6 month max if you use daily or close to it), and it does tend to look a bill dull (rather than bright black).

For me I love the effect the brush gives, enough to overlook the few annoying things about it. I would definitely replace after a few months to keep it at top performance, I usually spend $25-$40 on mascara so this is a total steal for me, the effect is just as fabulous as the richer stuff. Definitely one I will be keeping on stock (if Almay ever decides to go cruelty-free!)

Video Reviews & Tutorials