April 20, 2014 | 1163 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Clean Finish

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Kf1127

I got this foundation a few weeks ago and I love it. It gives medium coverage. There are a lot of different colors to chose from and I got it on sale at SDM for $6 in Canada, which I think is a great buy. I love the texture because its not too liquidy and I think that the spatula idea is really cool. One thing about the texture, in the bottle it looks kind of like a liquid mousse, and I know that sounds really gross, but it goes on really smoothly and it goes on as a liquid and really easy to blend in. One thing I really don't like is the smell. It kind of smells like plastic? But once u set it with powder and halfway through your makeup it goes away. If you have a foundation brush USE IT! I don't so I just use my hands, so the smell on my nose is horrid! That's the only thing that I don't like. Sorry this was a little bit longer than my other reviews but I hope it was helpful. <3

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by hell0titty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an okay foundation. I bought it because I asked the lady at Shoppers for a product for oily skin and she recommended this to me. I had very high hopes for this foundation as it claims to keep you matte, but it does not keep oil away at all. This product actually has very much of a dewy finish, not matte. It doesn't have great coverage and looks cakey by the end of the day but it's nothing horrendous, I can live with it until I run out but I will not be purchasing it again. It might be good for people with drier skin and less acne.

PROS
Spatula is good for applying the right amount
Goes on smooth, feels like moisturizer and feels very light on your skin
Decent coverage

CONS
Cakey by the end of the day
Does not mattify like it claims at all

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation!! I bought it on a whim when it was 50% off at CVS and after using it two times, went back and bought out the entire stock in my color (Ivory). I have light skin (NW20) and this was a great match for me.

The foundation itself is on the thicker side and has a spatula to get the product out of the jar with, which I really, really like. I am able to blend with my fingers.

I think it blends out really nicely and covers up flaws well. I don't use a separate concealer because I don't need to. I usually use one application but I have done 2 layers before and think it builds so nicely. No cake look. It stays on for a long time and on me, it doesn't fade or break down and I have very oily skin.

It also does a great job covering up my super large nose pores which produce a ton of oil throughout the day. It really is a nice and clean finish with a poreless look (as much as could be possible).

I do use a primer and a setting powder, but I do that with all face products I wear. I would never attempt without because of my oil.

I cannot believe how reasonable the price is, even at full price! It is so great!! I am really excited about it. I wouldn't have tried it because the other Rimmel foundations in the store look soo orange and dark but this one looked light enough and it really was. I am impressed the color and no oxidation for me. No greasy finish. I would say a soft matte look.

Overall, I am so pleased with this and will wear it for a long time! Even if I try other things (which I will do because I am a makeup fanatic) I will always have this with me. It is a winner in my book.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The top has a stick/makeup application attached, more approriate usage for placing on back of hand and then applying w/sponge, finger, etc. Aside from the fact that the color selection for this foundation isn't all the great, the formula is terrible. It oxidizes within a few hours of application and has a chemical smell to it. I've tried making this work with other foundations, and it's a definite 2 BIG thumbs DOWN. It will be going into the trash....

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by klskag02

I bought this foundation because it was on sale at my drugstore for like $3. Which I was pretty pumped about since most are around the $8-$12 range. I should've known that this foundation would be extremely cheap and break me out like CRAZY. I loved the spatula applicator and loved the feel of this foundation. It matched my skin tone when I applied it, but I noticed that it oxidized very quickly. Rimmel foundations tend to do that :( Not to mention the zits on my cheeks and forehead from this stuff. $3 in the trash for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by plmcdreamy

I am pleasantly surprised. This foundation has earned me many compliments. Being a makeup artist, I use Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Make up forever HD, and several different Laura Mercier products for foundation usually(among others because I am always trying them out.) I have had my skin complimented on this foundation.... it's actually pretty impressive for a drug store foundation. I am not a snob and I will wear any makeup that delivers, whether it is cheap or expensive, but I have had more luck with high end foundations. On a whim, I purchased this one and tried it out. It comes with a spatula and is a gel-like consistency. It's very easy to apply and has a velvet to dewy finish, depending on the day for me. The biggest problem is that it is not true to the color you probably think it is. I bought the second to lightest one because it looked like it would match me the best. While applying, it blended, but ten seconds later it turned a shade or two darker. It also seems that they all appear to be a similar color in the store. Nevertheless, I just blend it down my neck and chest when I wear it and it looks absolutely fine. If you're on a budget, I recommend at least trying this foundation. For reference, I wear 117 in make up for ever HD, B10 in Chanel vitalumiere aqua, W2 in L'Oreal True Match and 150 in Revlon Colorstay, E or M 20 in CoverFX, and since I only use MAC for occasional under eye concealer, I usually mix NW15 and NW 20 to cancel out undereye circles. I will purchase the lightest one next time, although I may have to mix it with the one I have to get a good match.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by emilychristine

I bought this product because of the great reviews that I read on here. I was so excited to try it out. The very first time I did, I really disliked it. I think the main reason why I dislike it so much is that it really oxidized on my skin....within seconds. The color looks like the right match for my skin, but once I blend it in, it looks awful and so orange. The texture is very nice and smooth and I really like the spatula applicator, but I just really hate how orange this product turns out to be. I think if it wasn't for that, this product would be really nice. I got the lightest shade, btw.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by rissy79602

recently i purchased rimmels clean finish look 100 % poreless foundation. i have large pores on certain areas of my face and wanted minimize the look of them without a pore filler. i wore this foundation twice and i have to say that i wasnt impressed. first, the color selection was very limited. i got the darkest color (420 warm sand) and it was still a bit light. it claims to give a 100% poreless finish while looking natural. when u first apply it, u have to work with it fast as it dries pretty quickly. the consistency is very thick which is ok for me. i personally do not like liquidy foundations. as far as coverage goes, it is medium. it is buildable so u will need to put on at least 2 layers to get full coverage. as far as poreless....no. it was ok when i first put it on but after about 20 minutes, it sunk into my pores and made them stand out even more. it also gave me a sort of cakey look on my large pore areas. when an item claims to minimize my pores, i expect a flawless look not cakey overall, this product did not do as it says it would do. i would not recommend this for people trying to hide minimize their pores and for those who want full coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by scatcat92

This formula is thick, almost like a creme foundation. People complain about the spatula applicator, but I like it! I finished with powder, simply because I like a dry, matte look, but it's certainly not necessary. Because I use powder, I haven't had a problem with oxidizing, so I can't really comment. Unfortunately for me, it was a little too thick for my skin and my pores were clogged by this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by AyameAngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Personally, I didn't like it. It comes with a spatula applicator that is so unsanitary if you put it on your face. It also turned my face orange, and I've got snow pale skin that it makes me look like an ompa-loopa. Not a good look.