November 23, 2014 | 1728 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Clean Finish

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Kellychancee

I'm really unsure about this product, here's why. I bought it because it claimed to blur imperfections and it was cheap. It really does blur imperfections and makes you look airbrushed (I have acne and it really blurs any blemishes I may have), and it does feel pretty light on my skin, but it just oxidates so much. If you don't know what that mean, basically it makes your skin turn orange. I wore this to school the other day and was so embarrassed because I felt like my face was orange all day and didn't match my neck. If it didn't oxidate so much, it would be a great foundation. Maybe when I have a tan it will work better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

This has to be one of the cheapest foundations on the market at around $3–5 a pop, but also one of the hardest to work with, regardless of your skin type. The general consensus seems to be that this product also quickly oxidizes to a warm undertone. For reference, I have combination-oily, light-medium coloring with a gold-neutral undertone, and the shade I am reviewing is 340 Nude.

The packaging is impressive for a drugstore foundation: a standard, 1oz glass bottle with a screw-top cap that doubles as a spatula applicator. I love the spatula applicator since it's easy to scoop this product and slide it onto the back of my hand before applying it to my face with my fingers. It's more hygienic than regularly dipping my fingers anywhere in or around the neck of the bottle.

However, I find that the formula is tricky to work with. It also has a very chemical smell out of the bottle though it barely lingers after applying. It's certainly more of a gel than a cream, and it seems to dry and set very quickly making it difficult to blend. (This does rub off and transfer though—set with powder) When I blend it, the shade begins to oxidize and turn more warm/orange than what I saw in the bottle, and to an unpredictable degree of warmth, as well! The more I blend and sheer out the foundation, the warmer it becomes.

Additionally, if I want to build coverage, the areas that I layer on a little more also turn warmer/orange. I suppose some people can get away with the warming if they sheer it out enough and want to look like they spent a day at the beach, but the potential oxidation from blending and layering make color matching difficult just from looking at the bottle.

The real deal breaker for me was that this foundation caused my face to itch; I don't have sensitive skin, so I believe the itching may have been a result of testing this foundation during the winter when the weather dries out my skin. Like I mentioned, this formula feels more gel- than cream-based, and gels tend to dry faster than creams.

That said, as far as the formula goes, I highly recommend proper moisturizing before applying this foundation because this may emphasize dry patches or even cause dry skin to itch, as it did to my (ironically combo-oily) skin. Those with oilier skin may not have to endure the itching, but I find that while this doesn't really slide off, it does transfer. There was a chance that I could still keep the foundation around for the summer for the warmer-toned, tanned skin, but if my typically resilient skin is going to feel uncomfortable wearing a certain product, I'll pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by colleencormier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this make up! I have very sensitive skin so I was afraid I'd break out after using this makeup but I didn't ! It has an awesome coverage and lasts all day on my face. My skin hasn't broken out and it's never oily anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by alicianicole25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really love the packaging but the product is really heavy and hard to blend meduim to full coverage the lasting power is okay it lasted me a full day of school this has pinky undertones which didnt work out for my skin tone cuz i have more yellowy skin tones i dont think ppl with dry skin should by this because it has a very matte finish maybe ppl with oily skin will have better luck with this foundation but i have really dry skin and this made my dry patches show up more

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by materialface

I purchased this last summer and used it up until the beginning of winter when I noticed it became harder and harder to blend into my skin, even with my sephora smoothing primer. I do have an oily t-zone although even my skin dries in the winter, so I would recommend this as a foundation during warmer climate. I would not recommend this for dry skin. I stopped using it and don't think I'll go back to it until summer comes around again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by clauclau5754

This product is absolutely amazing. I had bought it just because it was sooo cheap and I desperately needed a new foundation, turn out I've been using this for a year now! It feel light on the skin and gives a complete coverage of redness and imperfection. Plus, it gives you that luminous look.
Surprinsingly love love love this product

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by boozer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has actually discontinued at my local drug store, and I can't say I'm that sad. I bought this one day because my sister loved it and it was sooo affordable, but with my combination skin it just looked cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by seirin777

This product has great coverage, great packaging, and absolutely dirt cheap. The only cons that I can come up with is that this product sets very very quickly so you need to work very quickly and in sections. Overall this product is amazing and I will definitely be repurchasing it. It also doesn't break me out at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by hkGangsta

i purchased this foundation in the color sand last night mostly,because it was on sale and when i swatched it on my hand it matched my skin tone really good.I have been wearing it all day and i love it!! my skin looks like it's glowing,but it is a little on the thick side,it has lasted all day.And i would purchase it again

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by famemon13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it made my skin look really oily, and it dries too fast. You have to put it on in sections on your face. Don't dab it everywhere at once because its going to dry really fast.