November 23, 2014 | 1013 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by VioletShimmers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you're looking for a lip product that will last all day, this is the one to pick up! These Soft Matte Lip Creams will cling onto the lips without drying them out. However, I tend to have abnormally dry lips, so I always take an extra precaution by applying lip balm generously first and letting it sink in before I apply the Soft Matte Lip Cream. I have the shades San Paolo, a deep rose shade, and Milan, a pinky shade. My trick to applying these is to use the wand to make a few dots on my bottom lip and then rub in the color with my finger. Then I'll press my lips together to distribute the color and add more if necesary. Slowly building up the color in sheer layers helps ensure that your lips won't look cakey or overdone. These do tend to look really bright and opaque unless you're careful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Another miss from NYX. I bought the shade Antwerp and thought it looked like a nice every day color, slightly pinky and coraly, not too bright yet still noticeable. The color is the only thing it has going for it. Sure, it goes on like a cream. Then within mere minutes dries to a hard, cakey, cracked hot mess. It does not matter how well I exfoliate and moisturize prior to application. It wears away very unevenly, leaving a ring of cakey ugliness around my mouth. So far I've been really disappointed with NYX as a whole. Out of the 10 or so products I have tried only one or two have worked for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

I really don't get the hype about this product. I purchased 2 colors, Buenos Aires and a coral shade that was recommended by many youtubers. I have light/medium skin and though these shades normally suit me they both looked terrible on me in this brand. It also accentuated all the dry skin on my lips. On the bright side, it smells delicious and definitely goes on creamy. It might have been better if I got it in a reddish shade and wore it at night, but in the daytime trying to do a natural look, this didn't work too well for me. I think this lip cream is best used over a lip balm and in darker shades. I don't think I'll repurchase this product again. I'll stick to MAC lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by dcobiellas87

Love it, I have tried their lipsticks and butter glosses, but these matte lip cream are the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by moreyuna

pros:
- easy to apply
- cheap
- smell good (like ice cream)
- the formula is nice and lghweight
- various colors option

cons:
- color change (if you dont use lip base, the color will change into some lighter shade, but if you used some lip base or lip concealer the color will stay nicely)
- dry
- flaky

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Zannahquinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

These are my H.G lip products! So perfect. I got Milan first and didnt like it at first but I love it now! It's a "your lips but better" shade (at least on me, I'm very fair). I just got Zurich, and I want Copenhagen so bad. The price is great! I tend to put chapstick over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

NYX IS PERFECT! They're my favorite lip brand and these are no exception. They feel like satin on my lips and have never dried me out. I have Stockholm and San Paulo right now, I want to buy a lot more colors. I find NYX to be super affordable too. You can't even find a lipstick at walmart now under $6 so I don't know why anyone would complain about the price, this is as cheap as it gets. I'd be afraid to put a $2 or whatever lipstick on my lips, I mean yikes what's even in something like that?!

They're also really long lasting and I get complimented all the time when I wear San Paulo. I think Stockholm is nice too but it's brown and with the color of my skin maybe it's too neutral. Either way it's still nice but not as striking as San Paulo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by pixiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love these - the stayability is incredible, the colours are amazing, and the price is alright. I love NYX. My only complaint would be I'm not sure how long a tube would last, as it's a soft cream and seems like it'd run out/dry out inside before you got to keep it for a couple months. So far so good though! Love Milan & Amsterdam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Picked up another one of these in the new shade: Copenhagen. A deep wine color that is just gorgeous. Wears so well; doesn't smudge or budge. I love this. Super pigmented and smooth. The shade is deep but just shy of total vamp. Like the rest of the line, it smells sweet - like vanilla cake batter, applies creamy and dries to a matte. I think this one held up better than the others I have (Abu Dabi and the hot pink one), less creasing. It wears off to a nice even stain. It is fairly comfortable for a matte; feels pretty weightless on and not too drying. perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Juliethai92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always loved the look of matte lips but other lipsticks still gave me a bit of shine. If you're looking for a true matte lipstick, this is the one. This is all I use to color my lips nowadays! Sure, it can be a bit drying at times but matte products tend to be drying. I usually put a lip moisturizer before applying the matte cream and it helps with the dryness. The dryness really doesn't bug me as much. I really love that it applies on smoothly and it's so pigmented, so you don't have to apply many coats. The smoothness of the product makes reapplying such a breeze, since it doesn't enhance my dried lips by the middle of the day, as much as other matte lipsticks. If you reapply too much, it can get cakey. When that happens, I just exfoliate it with some water and napkin and then reapply. This is the only lip product I use, I don't even use any of my lipsticks anymore, haha. That's how much I'm in love with them! :)