April 16, 2014 | 940 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. MAC C2ish/NC20. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Mid-thirties, some sun damage, (melasma) and fine creases on my forehead.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ The party line--> "Neither lipstick nor lip gloss—this is matte lip cream. A new kind of pout paint that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing. Available in 13 lip colors." It is moisturizing but not "durable" which is fine but don't say it is NYX if it isn't! D:

PACKAGING~ Screw cap, doe foot applicator. Does the job!

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~ It's creamy and smooth going on.

APPLICATION~ Goes on smooth as can be, I use a brush.

FINISH~ It is soft matte with tiniest bit of shine, so lovely.

COVERAGE~ Highly pigmented, even and full coverage. Can be sheered out or left opaque with the same beautiful results.

STAYING POWER~ This really is a hybrid between a matte ls and those dry hard paint/stains you get with the gloss you add after. If I use chap stick or another more moisturizing ls underneath, these don't wear off patchy but naturally but last definitely longer than regular ls.

SCENT~ Hmm there's something faint, maybe vanilla? It's pleasant none the less!

COLOUR~ I own 3 shades: Stockholm (light/medium warm nude), San Paulo (medium purply pink), and Antwerp (light/medium bright soft neutral pink). San Pualo I just can't wear :( it's just too purply but that's just me. Stockholm is warm and slightly lighter than my natural lip, pretty nude, I ADORE it. And, Antwerp is a lovely pink, just neutral enough I can wear it if sheered out. Adds a bright yybb shot of pink.

OVERALL~ I prefer the NYX Matte ls not lip creams but these are still quite nice. Check for colour swatches online, they sooo helpful!

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by allisonboyd2011

I bought a soft matte lip cream in Monte Carlo. Maybe this specific color is a dud, but I did not enjoy it at all. It did not have very good color payoff, and when it dried, although it was matte, it would crack and I couldn't move my lips. It was also super patchy on my lips. Even the cheap wet n wild $2 matte lipsticks work way better than this lip cream. I would not recommend buying it, or at least in the shade Monte Carlo. But if you do try it, if it doesn't work out for you, at least it's not very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I have the colour "Tokyo" and i love it! It's a cool toned baby pink. The swatches online don't do it justice! It's gorgeous.

You absolutely need to MOISTURIZE your lips before hand, otherwise it will look "patchy" and can enhance lines on your lips.
It feels amazing going onto your lips, very soft and velvet like. loooove.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I absolutely love this product. I have the two most recommended colors- Antwerp and San Paulo. I would not have ventured into matte lip creams otherwise, as I didn't see the point (i.e. lip sticks or glosses). But I am so glad that I bought these two.

The color pay off is intense, close to what one expects of OCC lip tars. The staying power is longer ear than lip sticks, though this means that it is less moisturizing. I like the matte finish of the cream, though you can always layer a gloss on top.

The price that I paid for these is reasonable $6.50. I wish that I had waited to use the Ulta $3 off coupon.

For reference I have dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, NW15. I will probably get Amsterdam for a sexy Bond girl look, if I get it for $3.50. Addis Ababa is pretty looking for a girl's night...though Maybelline in Fusia Fever is what I prefer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

Apply a lip balm first and you'll love this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

It feels velvety, creamy smooth going on but distributes color unevenly. Not good for pigmented lips. It feels moisturizing and lightweight but makes it's presence known because it tastes awful and in time dries your lips out. Not a repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by ayevalen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

pros:
- I bought these in istanbul and antwerp and the colors look really pretty on me
- i have pigmented lips, so it works well on me.
- I love the vanilla ice cream scent of this product
- it does not leave a stain on my glass when I drink which i'm really happy about
- it lasts long on my lips

cons:
- it's a little hard to evenly apply (it's patchy)
- it dries on lips so I'll have to put on lip balm first
- it runs out really fast
however I still could overcome the cons and i think I would repurchase it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand how people like this so much? It literally lasts like 1 1/2 hours for me and when it fades, it fades really patchy and ugly. I like the texture and finish and color and everything, but it WOULD NOT last and faded really ugly... and I wasn't eating or licking my lips or anything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

I purchased the colour Tokyo at Target for $7.99
The colour is nice but I don't find it overly pigmented on me. If I wear this I usually apply something else over it cause it makes a pretty good base coat. I don't find it overly drying on the lips which is a bonus for a matte product. Lasting power isn't the best compared to other matter lip products. The smell is amazing. It smells like vanilla cupcakes. I would buy again cause I do like it for layering. Maybe my lips are just to pigmented for it to really pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by joc267

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Awesome colour. Great matte, smooth and soft texture. Lasts a few hours but will need retouching after meals. I find that if I keep reapplying once or twice the entire day my lips don't dry out and the colour and texture remains beautiful on the lips. I am slowly collecting them all because I love them so much. The smell doesn't bother me or taste bad.