NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

I have these in Cairo, Stockholm, Istanbul and Antwerp. I love one, kinda like two and absolutely hate the fourth. First off I'm not a lipstick person. I have a lot of natural contrast in my face and it is easy for a lip color to take over my entire face and look clownish. But I've gotten a little more adventurous lately so after my awesome experience with the Nyx slim lip in ever I thought I'd give them a try.

First I absolutely adore Istanbul it's a soft neutral pink. On application it's creamy and the cake flavor isn't over powering, the color is true from tube to lip to dry. Once dry it doesn't suck all the moisture out of my lips and lasts at least 4 hours. 5 lippies for Istanbul.

The ones that I kinda sorta like are Stockholm and Cairo.

Stockholm is a caramel muave color that while matte isn't drying. It just blends in too much with my natural lip color so I might as well just wear Chapstick, for someone with less pigmented lips it will be an HG.

Cairo is that perfect lip eraser color for me. I'd call it an HG nude over MAC hue except for one thing. The name Cairo fits with what this s*** does to my lips, turns them dryer than the Egyptian desert. I have to apply Chapstick before and after otherwise it's painful dry. And the Chapstick just kills any chance it has for lasting more than 30 min. I don't know why this one is so different from the others that I have but it is.

Which brings me to Antwerp. CRAZY CAT LADY PINK. I was hoping for something like Istanbul but with a little more oomph yeah no that's not what I got. it reminds me of the first lipstick I bought when I was 7. I bought because it was my favorite neon pink color, then I wore it with one of those denim 90's blossom hats and my mom taught me the important beauty lesson of restraint. Just no it was bad.

I wish I could give this more than a 3 but just how inconsistent it is through the shades is what makes me mark it down.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

hands down!!
one of my favourite lippies product

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Ok, I need to get more of these. Currently, I just own Transylvania which is a dark, dark, vampy smoked purple. Fabulous for fall but great for every season for me. I've tried numrous liquid lipstick formulations and none of them have worked for me aside from this brand right here. I've tried LaSplash and they dried so badly on me that they started flaking within an hour. They are far more expensive than these little gems right here too! This liquid lipstick does not dry me out too much and leaves a weightless, velvet feel on the lips. I adore it! They do stay rather well too...and when you DO need to touch up, it layers beautifully,,,never any flaking. Some of the shades, I assume will require a few layers to become opaque like my Transylvania but I see nothing wrong with that for $6! I love these so much and can't wait to try more of them!

xoxoxoxo

Honestly I love these ! Pigmintation is amazing(at least the dark colors, I haven't tried the light colors) they are a bit drying so I recommend using a lip balm before application. Packing dose NOT match color or lipstick so I recommend looking at lip swatches before going in and buying. Formula is amazing, it applies on so smooth and I did not need no touch ups even after a heavy meal.

I would most definitely recommend to everyone! Such a great price and formula

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This was my first time trying lip cream because I'm partial to tints and stains. I picked this up on a whim when it was on sale and absolutely love it. It's a big glossed than I'm used to, but it goes on smoothly and stays well.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I never thought I would enjoy using a matte lip product until curiosity led me to try a tester of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. I always imagined matte lip products to be dry and thick. I am converted!

I was surprised and how smoothly this glided on the back of my hand and of course the cupcake frosting scent had me sold.

The colour pay off is excellent and it feels smooth and hydrating on my lips. I currently have Istanbul, a lovely soft, almost nude pink and San Paulo a rich rose pink. I definitely plan to try other shades in the line. However, it's very hard to find a stocked NYX counter here in Australia.

One issue is that they could be a little more long lasting, but they do fade flatteringly.

Pros - Beautiful colour, silky feel, delicious smell, sleek packaging,

Cons - Could be a little more long lasting.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

In all fairness I should disclaim that while I knew this was a matte lip color prior to purchase, I did not realize it was a wet to dry lip color. To that point, I will probably get nailed to the cross for saying this, but I do not like this product and I will never repurchase. I bought it thinking I could mix it with a lip gloss or more cream based lipstick. Not! This crap sucked the life out of any other color I mixed this with- even lip gloss! Another bugger about this product is the fact I could not keep this crap off my teeth! Now, I will say the colors are amazing- I purchased Abu Dabe & London, and I can honestly say the colors rendered on my lips true to how they appeared in the bottle. Initially I thought I was having a coming to Jesus moment, until the dry spell began. If you are into the flesh/pink/brown/nude look but not I see dead people nude look, then you might really like these colors! Final analysis: For those of you who are into the Kyleigh Jenner matte lip craze, you will probably really love this product. However, if you are like me and hate dry lips and 1990s 90210 matte lips, do not purchase this product. I repeat- do not purchase this product. Danger! Danger! This is going back to ULTA, stat!

PS- To the beauties who love the matte craze it looks very pretty, it is just not for me. :)

I LOVE these! I have super dry lips and usually hate any lip product that is matte...but these actually look great! They don't dry out my lips and are the best formula I've used from the drugstore. I have 4 colors-Stockholm, Antwerp, Monte Carlo, and San Paulo. I love them all, but Stockholm is my most used color-perfect for everyday. I tried an ultra matte lip from CP and I wasn't impressed-it really settled into my lip lines. These by NYX don't settle as bad in my lip lines and still keep my lips feeling plush (probably due to the mousse formula). My only complaint is that some shades are brighter than they would appear by the packaging-Antwerp and San Paulo in particular. Overall though, these are a great formula and a great price!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have about 5 of these matte lip creams and I really love them. I pair them with nyx liner. They smell nice, feel soft on the lips and have great pigmentation. They are not too drying on the lips either.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

My favorite colors are London, Tokyo, and Copenhagen- in that order.

London goes on sort of orange-y, which can be a little off-putting, but it dries a light nude brown shade and it looks great!

Tokyo is great for Spring and Summer, a very fun color.

Copenhagen is a to-die-for plum...but it doesn't stay on very well.