December 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

I love these!!! I bought 2 shades from cherryculture to try them and fell in love instantly. I have the shades amsterdam and monte carlo and they are so beautiful. You have to be careful though, if you have dry lips of flaky lips these aren't for you. I always use a lip balm before applying them so they last a little longer and don't look too dry after a while. You'll still have to reapply after a couple of hours or after eating.
Overall, great product for the price, good packaging, very pretty color range: definitely going to buy more shades!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the one I bought pretty well. It doesnt last all day but last long enough for me. It also leaves a color even when it wears off and if u apply clear gloss over it pretty much refreshes it. I like it a little dry so it works for me. Pigment is great. Takes a little practice to apply correctly. Packaging is great for me. I intend to buy more colors. If you don't like a dry look or feel, you won't like these.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by samanthaweldon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

After reading amazing reviews on these I went on a binge and bought 6 of them. I wanted to love them so bad but they are just too drying for my lips. They wore off pretty quickly too so after I had tried reapplying numerous times I ended up with cracked, peeling lips. The colours are gorgeous and I would recommend these to anyone without dry sensitive lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to love these SO BAD! The colors are absolutely gorgeous but the formula is too dry and they wear off in an hour. I like something a little longer lasting. The lip butters are wonderful though. I recommend them.

Happy Makeuping!❤️

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by kimdja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have Cannes, Zerich, and Stockholm; All lovely nudey-pinks for my tan skin tone. I use this everyday and for my dewyer look that I normally sport, using this matte lip-color definitely gives a nice balance. It's a tad drying on the lips so I recommend anyone who has chapped lips on the regular to exfoliate and use a lip scrub on your lips before you use this. The shade selection is wonderful as well; love how they used names of Major cities as shade titles :) Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who's always wanted to try a product that is put on the lips wet and dries to a matte finish but doesn't want to spend too much. Lovely stuff here, ESPECIALLY under $5.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by abiburgess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this. It lasts on my lips forever and is highly pigmented. Its cost is great and it smells wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by maisonsteffi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the NYX soft matte lip creams! They're inexpensive but they deliver in terms of colour and longevity. The only downside is how little product each tube has. One tube can only last me about 15 applications. For the inexpensive price though I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADES: addis ababa (fuchsia), antwerp (red coral), buenos aires (soft coral), istanbul (soft pink), milan (mauve pink), sydney (soft lavender), tokyo (bubble gum pink)

PROS

- pigmented
- long wearing
- not drying
- scent
- nice texture
- shade selection
- not sticky

CONS

- application can be tricky when applied on bare lips

COMMENTS: The application of these can be tricky when applied over a lip balm or on bare lips as some shades may be streaky or cling onto dry patches very easily. I always apply these over a lip gloss and they still dry matte, but it makes the application a lot better and prevents dryness. I find these very comfortable to wear for that reason. When worn on bare lips, not so much. I love the texture, shade selection, and scent.

Shade I wouldn't repurchase: Addis Ababa - I don't find this one in particular to be very pigmented and isn't as bright as I hoped. It's a very neutral, bright pink.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by VioletShimmers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you're looking for a lip product that will last all day, this is the one to pick up! These Soft Matte Lip Creams will cling onto the lips without drying them out. However, I tend to have abnormally dry lips, so I always take an extra precaution by applying lip balm generously first and letting it sink in before I apply the Soft Matte Lip Cream. I have the shades San Paolo, a deep rose shade, and Milan, a pinky shade. My trick to applying these is to use the wand to make a few dots on my bottom lip and then rub in the color with my finger. Then I'll press my lips together to distribute the color and add more if necesary. Slowly building up the color in sheer layers helps ensure that your lips won't look cakey or overdone. These do tend to look really bright and opaque unless you're careful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Another miss from NYX. I bought the shade Antwerp and thought it looked like a nice every day color, slightly pinky and coraly, not too bright yet still noticeable. The color is the only thing it has going for it. Sure, it goes on like a cream. Then within mere minutes dries to a hard, cakey, cracked hot mess. It does not matter how well I exfoliate and moisturize prior to application. It wears away very unevenly, leaving a ring of cakey ugliness around my mouth. So far I've been really disappointed with NYX as a whole. Out of the 10 or so products I have tried only one or two have worked for me.