October 31, 2014 | 1205 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by pixiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love these - the stayability is incredible, the colours are amazing, and the price is alright. I love NYX. My only complaint would be I'm not sure how long a tube would last, as it's a soft cream and seems like it'd run out/dry out inside before you got to keep it for a couple months. So far so good though! Love Milan & Amsterdam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Picked up another one of these in the new shade: Copenhagen. A deep wine color that is just gorgeous. Wears so well; doesn't smudge or budge. I love this. Super pigmented and smooth. The shade is deep but just shy of total vamp. Like the rest of the line, it smells sweet - like vanilla cake batter, applies creamy and dries to a matte. I think this one held up better than the others I have (Abu Dabi and the hot pink one), less creasing. It wears off to a nice even stain. It is fairly comfortable for a matte; feels pretty weightless on and not too drying. perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Juliethai92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always loved the look of matte lips but other lipsticks still gave me a bit of shine. If you're looking for a true matte lipstick, this is the one. This is all I use to color my lips nowadays! Sure, it can be a bit drying at times but matte products tend to be drying. I usually put a lip moisturizer before applying the matte cream and it helps with the dryness. The dryness really doesn't bug me as much. I really love that it applies on smoothly and it's so pigmented, so you don't have to apply many coats. The smoothness of the product makes reapplying such a breeze, since it doesn't enhance my dried lips by the middle of the day, as much as other matte lipsticks. If you reapply too much, it can get cakey. When that happens, I just exfoliate it with some water and napkin and then reapply. This is the only lip product I use, I don't even use any of my lipsticks anymore, haha. That's how much I'm in love with them! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by goldisnotenough

This product comes in gorgeous colors however it dries and cakes up within 20 minutes of putting it on and also leaves a ring. It made my lips so dry that they cracked. I'd say that on it's own this is not a fabulous product but add a really moisturizing lip balm and this is not so bad. Really inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by lilaznkitty11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own this in Amsterdam, which is a bluish red color and I love it. I reccommend exfoilating your lips before so it doesn't settle in the cracks. I find that it works to apply it in layers, waiting for the previous layer to dry first befor applying another. The main reason I love the matte creams so much is due to their longevity. It lasts all day and the only time I have to touch it up is after eating. I can drink out of a cup or sip on a straw just fine without it transferring.The only con is that because it's matte, it tends to try out my lips afterwards if I wear this it day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by popoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am mostly a lip tint or lip balm girl because i hate that feeling of having product on my lips.
so this is my holy grail lip product. they do a fab job of giving color to my lips while not giving me any heavy sticky lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THESE! They are so soft and smooth when applying, they are unlike any other product I've ever used. They dry matte and are really pigmented. I guess my only gripe is the fat applicator and the fact that they dont last too long on the lips. But still a superb product. Plus they smell like cake! If you're olive skinned like me, Monte Carlo, Antwerp and San Paulo will look great on you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are pretty damn wonderful.
I'd classify these as a liquid matte lipstick - packaged like a typical gloss, tidy, slim tube with a soft doe foot applicator, these hold a generous 8mL of product (about double a normal bullet lipstick) and apply very easily but may require a teeny tiny bit of effort to make them completely smooth. They "set" or dry down within about 20 - 30 seconds so you've got plenty of time to make sure your edges are tidy and even. If you have already dry lips, yep, these are going to settle into lines a wee bit and perhaps won't be the most flattering thing ever on really chapped areas, so that's something to keep in mind.
If you're a regular balm or gloss wearer, these might wear off a bit sooner if you layer other products over or under them but they usually last a good 4-5 hours on me and last reasonably well through a coffee or cold drink. Once you eat anything juicy or oily, these will wear off like a normal lipstick.
And they smell delicious!
The shades I have are...
Milan - light/medium dusky neutral pink
Sao Paulo - moderate berry mauve
Monte Carlo - semi sheer, slightly cool toned cherry red
Antwerp - warm peachy pink
Ibiza - vibrant coral rose
Prague - gorgeous deep plum berry
Cannes - pinky beige nude
There's a good mix of soft and wearable MLBB shades and vivid, striking pops of colour so there's something to suit just about everyone... if you like matte finish lip products (or even if you don't!), you should definitely check these out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by etherealcharm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this lip cream in the color Stockholm. It's my first time purchasing this matte lip cream. I was looking for a color that is not too striking and stockholm was perfect.

The color is lovely! It looks good with my skin so I'm not complaining.
The texture, pigmentation, the smell are all amazing.

The only con I have with this product is that you have to constantly re-apply it because it doesn't stay too long.

I love this product and I would buy it again. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by RandomFuture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in Copenhagen (dark berry colour) and Transylvania (very dark purple). I love the range of colours and the price. I did have to order it online though as they don't sell the full colour range here in Australia. The doe foot applicator can make an even application a bit tricky though. They can be a little drying but they last for ages as long as your not eating anything too oily. I like these, probably would repurchase, I might get some more natural colours as well. Also I noticed where I had gone outside my lip line the colour did get a little flaky but I also had a lip gloss on so that could have caused it.