Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysillicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon 12, Sythetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Calcium Aluminum Borosillicate, Silica, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Tin Oxide May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5, Black 2, Aluminum Powder, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Blue 1, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 40

on 11/5/2012 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This product is in a hard to open container & I really think it's a downfall yet a positive is how there is an imprint on each of the 3 shades reading - Eyelid, crease & browbone. I wasn't too sure if I initially liked it until I applied it with eye primer & a full makeup. I absolutely love it now & will repurchase. It has a nice natural look with a slight shimmer. The eyelid colour is a taupey mushroom colour, the browbone colour is a soft creamy light pink & the crease colour is is a browny steel colour. The crease colour is highly pigmented whereas the other two shades aren't as pigmented. I have to really watch the amount of crease colour I use as it's a little too pigmented yet if used with a light hand, it works well with the other two colours. I also found the crease colour was hard to blend so it needs to be applied & blended at the same time. There was also a lot of fall out which is difficult with the crease colour being so pigmented & dark. All in all, if applied with these considerations, it's a must have pallet - beautiful

on 11/2/2012 12:38:00 AM

Really not much to say that hasnt already been said, the taupe is great for everyday wear (although I will wear any color anytime), I usually add a black base underneath just to intensify the color. The shimmery pinky golden beige color is great, I use it almost every day as in inner corner highlight or as an all over color on the one day every 5 yrs that I feel like going neutral. My favorite of this trio is most definately the dark brown with rose gold spadkles, its perfect as a liner, as an all over lid color for a smokey look and of course itz great in the crease. I do prefer to do a cut crease with this color though as it can begin to look muddy and loses the sparkles if its blended too much. All in all an amazing trio with a ton of versatility.

on 10/29/2012 8:35:00 PM

Love this palette. The colors are gorgeous and well pigmented. Used with a primer, the shadows stay on all day. I love how the WNW palettes all say "browbone", "crease", and "eyelid". This is very helpful for those who are starting out and need a little guidance on what to do with the colors. The "browbone" color is a pretty, satiny peachy-pink color. The "crease" color is a really pretty dark brown with a little peachy sparkle. The "eyelid" color is a light purple shimmer. For $2.99, I think the WNW palettes are absolute must trys.

on 10/27/2012 12:40:00 PM

I'm loving Wet n Wild's Color Icon eyeshadows. This "Silent Treatment" trio is fabulous, and I find myself reaching for it a lot lately!
COLOR DESCRIPTION: The three colors in this palette are: a very light, satiny/pearly pink (beautiful highlight); a super dark, cool brown with gold shimmer; and a purple-toned gray with a satiny/pearly finish. I especially love the latter color, but they all work beautifully together.
FORMULA/CONSISTENCY: Although these are powder eyeshadows, I feel they're kind of creamy, soft, and easy to apply and blend.
COLOR PAY-OFF: These are very pigmented and show up on your eyes just as they do in the palette/pan.
STAYING POWER: The shadows stay on all day long, and I haven't even noticed significant creasing even without a base underneath.
PACKAGING: The packaging is simple, but great!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I've seen these trios at WalMart, Walgreen's, and Smith's Marketplace for fairly cheap, and I got mine from Smith's Marketplace. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it, but I want to say it was about $2.39, which is pretty good.

on 10/22/2012 10:21:00 AM

Not bad for the price, all shadows usable. The taupe one is a great all over lid color, and good for daytime because it's not too shimmery. The highlight color actually surprised me, I thought it would be really frosty - but it's perfect for low-makeup days when you don't feel like being bothered but don't want to leave your eyes totally bare. A light application leaves a soft, subtle sheen on your eyelids, and lasts all day if you use a little primer.

The dark color is less wearable for me, it's a deep brown winey color, with teeny gold sparkles. Better for night time, I think, but so far I have only used it smudged around my eyes as a liner. It stays put, always a good thing!

All in all, this is a good buy for the price.

on 10/19/2012 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought this at my local swapmeet for 1.50:)

Colors are great and pigmented. I would use this everyday but I already have a go to palette. Instead I stash this in my car with other makeup items in case I need to touch up.

I like the fact that his it comes with two different type brushes.

on 10/19/2012 9:02:00 PM

i love this trio
especially the lid color
pretty purple grey for the eyelid color
the crease is great for the outer corner
the highlight eh its too shimmery for a highlight but great for the inner corner
love this trio and will def. buy again!
plus its cheap!

on 10/12/2012 1:57:00 PM

The lid is color SO gorgeus. Wow!!! So beautiful and amazingly pigmented.

on 10/8/2012 9:03:00 PM

This was my very first Wet N Wild Palette ever. I've been seeing on youtube about how great they are. I picked this one because the reviews on here were so positive. Okay... I have to admit that it was not love at first application. It took about 4 times before I absolutely fell in love with it. It is currently my favorite drugstore palette. For $3 you can't go wrong! I love the bottom lilac color that is labelled for the eyelid!

on 9/30/2012 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a $2.99 winner from WnW! I used the darkest shade to plump up my wimpy eyeliner today, and it worked great. I used the lid shade in the crease, and the highlighter of course, on the brow bone. Worked beautifully on my NW 20 skin with green eyes. I've been trying to find a dupe for Bobbi Brown Cognac, and while the darkest shade isn't it, it does a good job. BTW Rust from NYX isn't even close as a dupe. I have returned eye shadow palettes right, left and center (cheap, expensive and middle of the road in price) due to outlandish and unflattering glitter. Yes, BE Ready too..I'm older and don't want to look cheap. While these do have some shimmer it isn't OTT. A great $3 cosmetics bucks spent! **If you are trying to open the packaging in a time crunch to get to work, forget it-I picked for 5 minutes and resorted to a kitchen knife to get it open.**