April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

Love everything about this shadow trio.

This overall looks like a warm grey mild smoky eye on me. The pinky brow color keeps it from washing me out, and I love the other two colors as well.

I use all my shadows with primer, and I see minimal, if any fallout on this one.

I bought this for a work-appropriate alternative to my usual bronze-brown eyecolor, and it delivers. The price is perfect, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by addressingstars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first bought this for the eyelid color- very pretty while still being work appropriate. The texture is buttery soft and highly pigmented, and it lasts a substantial amount of time without moving around- even without a primer. The other two shades I ignored- the brown/black was too dark for the crease and the pink did nothing. It was the only shadow I carried with me.

Unfortunately, even before I hit bottom the product sort of internally combusted inside its packaging, the shadows turning to powder and getting all smeared together. You couldn't even see into the container it was so powdery, much less open it without making a highly pigmented mess. I tossed it.

I found myself reaching for this product again, however, when I was looking for a shadow to use wet to line between my lashes. The crease shade came to mind, and it's perfect. Smooth, easy wet application with a liner brush without any fallout. The color is perfect for me, dark but not too harsh, and it lasts longer than any drugstore liner/shadow I've used (no racoon eyes after a long day!). I would definitely recommend giving this product a shot. The packaging sucks and you should use your own brushes, but the price is right. As I said earlier- best drugstore shadow/liner I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ggalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this trio and I would recommend it. My only caveat is that you do get what you pay for... colors look amazing for the first few hours but noticeably fade by evening, even with primer (I use UDPP). Good for day but I would wear something longer-lasting to go out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

hell yes i would repurchase. that purplish taupe is amaazing in this trio.
i have a bunch of shades similiar to this.. but this one is seriously amazing. Not just for the price, but these shadows rival high-end shadows for sure.

I wore this with Maybellines colour tattoo tough as taupe as a base. The taupe color on top as a lid color. Burberry's almond as a transition/crease colour, and the dark brown in this trio as the outer corner color.. and i love how it turned out. oh and mac's vanilla as a brow highlight and revlon's new cream stick color in torched as a inner corner high light.

i've been using this trio a lot since getting it.. which is honestly something i do not do often since i have so many eyeshadows as is..

highly recommend, and really, for the price, you just can't go wrong.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm so impressed with WnW lately. Silent Treatment has perfectly coordinated, well pigmented, wonderfuly textured shades. Can be worn day (definitely work appropriate) or night. Can be applied many different ways and not just how the packaging suggests. This is so worth however much it costs, which is already dirt cheap. Nothing but praise for this product! If you like Comfort Zone give this a try.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Magnificent!
This review is for those brand snobs. You know, those makeup junkies that will only use Chanel, MAC and other department store brands. You joke and say "Oh daaahling, my 10 year old daughter uses WnW." Well, I've tried a lot of department store brand shadows myself and I have to admit this trio can certainly play with the big boys!
Silent Treatment is a wonderful warm toned sultry trio. I adore the lid shade because it is a smoky warm grey with subtle shimmer. Most greys are cool based so I find this lid shade unique and very pretty. The crease shade is super pigmented. I only needed one light flick in the pan with my crease brush to accomplish two dark finished creases! The crease shade is a dark shimmery taupey-brown. The highlight shade is a light peach and matte. In my opinion, I feel this trio is a nice day to night neutral palette.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I like Mac eyeshadow, but I will buy drugstore brands. Actually I buy drugstore brands all the time, sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised and sometimes I'm disappointed. I bought this product and was surprised because the eyeshadow isn't complete crap like most eyeshadows DS or HE. It does have a nice smooth texture, similar to some of my Too Faced eyeshadows. I will be honest and say for myself that I really only liked the taupy lid color. The other two colors are nice, but the highlight color is sorta light and meh. The darker crease color is just waaaaay to dark for me. I was able to control the crease color, but I hate colors that dark. I like to have some control over my eyeshadow and how dark it goes because I'm fairer and have small eyes. Dark colors like the crease color in this palette can get overwhelming on me quick so I depotted the shadows and through this one away. I think it would look great on skintones that are darker, deeper than my own or on someone that likes this sort of rich, deep color.

All in all this is a nice affordable eyeshadow palette. I will be buying more eyeshadows from wet n wild in the future! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by MrzVentura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was shocked at the color payoff from this item.....it was buy one get one 50 percent off at CVS and I LOVE the looks you can make with this..will def go back and buy other shades. LOVE this

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I originally love Color Icon shadows so much that I purchased this set thinking that all colors were created equal. I used the "lust" collection and loved it very much. This one is less soft, smooth, shimmery, and more dry and crusty. I ended up throwing it away. For the price, it isn't too bad even if it didn't work out. It's only $3-4 dollars. I can't use a single color in this collection. I think it's great that they include 2 types of applicator (the rounded cushiony type and sharp angled brush type). They break apart even though they only remain on my vanity table the whole time. Maybe I'll try another color set. This particular color set didn't work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This is my go-to palette for an everyday or night time look. It is so versatile and can be used to create natural or dramatic looks.
I love every shade in this trio and it compliments each other soo well.
It looks great with monolids and all the shades have a great satin/shimmer to them which allows your eyes to look instantly more awake.
They are pigmented, smooth and very easy to apply. They blend effortlessly and no fall-out.
Great quality for the price and this is one of my all time favourites.

p.s. The browbone shade is a dupe for MAC's Naked Lunch. I own it and I can say they give the same effect on the lids and WNW deserves much love for this product :)