December 26, 2014 | 923 users online

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

i love this trio
especially the lid color
pretty purple grey for the eyelid color
the crease is great for the outer corner
the highlight eh its too shimmery for a highlight but great for the inner corner
love this trio and will def. buy again!
plus its cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by patina11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The lid is color SO gorgeus. Wow!!! So beautiful and amazingly pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This was my very first Wet N Wild Palette ever. I've been seeing on youtube about how great they are. I picked this one because the reviews on here were so positive. Okay... I have to admit that it was not love at first application. It took about 4 times before I absolutely fell in love with it. It is currently my favorite drugstore palette. For $3 you can't go wrong! I love the bottom lilac color that is labelled for the eyelid!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a $2.99 winner from WnW! I used the darkest shade to plump up my wimpy eyeliner today, and it worked great. I used the lid shade in the crease, and the highlighter of course, on the brow bone. Worked beautifully on my NW 20 skin with green eyes. I've been trying to find a dupe for Bobbi Brown Cognac, and while the darkest shade isn't it, it does a good job. BTW Rust from NYX isn't even close as a dupe. I have returned eye shadow palettes right, left and center (cheap, expensive and middle of the road in price) due to outlandish and unflattering glitter. Yes, BE Ready too..I'm older and don't want to look cheap. While these do have some shimmer it isn't OTT. A great $3 cosmetics bucks spent! **If you are trying to open the packaging in a time crunch to get to work, forget it-I picked for 5 minutes and resorted to a kitchen knife to get it open.**

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet n Wild's Trio in Silent Treatment is one of their very popular Color Icon Eyeshadow Trios. Wet n Wild says that their "coordinating trio shades take the guess work out of creating the perfect eye look. These how-to palettes are created to highlight, define, and accentual specific eye colors to create unique looks." Wet n Wild offers 12 Color Icon Trios, all of them are super pretty. I recently bought Silent Treatment on sale for $1.49. These trios normally retail for $2.99 for 3.5g (.12 oz). Wet n Wild does not test it's products on animals. These eyeshadows were made in China.
Like with most Wet n Wild products, packaging is really cheaply made. A black plastic tray with a clear flip up lid. The packaging cracks easily. A diagram explaining where to use each shade and some product info can be found on the back label. The label can be peeled up to show an ingredient list, but they always split on me, making the ingredients impossible to read. A small brush and sponge tip applicator are included, but they both suck, so I tossed them.
Silent Treatment is made up of three neutrals with a twist, the kind of shades Wet n Wild is really good at making. Each shade has the suggest placement carved into it. Of course you don't need to use the shadows in their assigned place, it's merely a suggestion, however they do look great as Wet n Wild intended. Wet n Wild promises "all day crease resistant color" from their eyeshadow formula, a claim easily achieved with eyeshadow primer. I haven't tested any Wet n Wild shadows without primer cause I think wearing shadows without primer is a silly, silly thing to do. As usual, the all over texture of the shadows is great. I'll go into more detail of each shade's exact texture in the next paragraph. I will warn you that these, and just about all Wet n Wild eyeshadows are extremely fragile and need to be treated with care, Silent Treatment is no exception. None of these three shades produces any noticeable fallout.
The eyelid shade is the reason I bought this trio. A pearly, mauvey taupe. I'd call this shade a boarder line duo-chrome. The tone of this shade varies greatly on how much you apply, how it's blended, the shades it's used with and the angle it's viewed from. On me it leans a bit more taupe usually. This shade is often compared to MAC's Satin Taupe, but I can't confirm that it's a dupe because I haven't tried Satin Taupe, I do want to though. This eyeshadow is a beautiful shade, complex and saturated with pigment and so, so blendable, but not so blendable that the color becomes muted. The texture in the pan and on the skin is so buttery soft and smooth, it's incredible. This trio is worth it for this shade alone.
The crease shade is interesting. It's a deep, plummy brown with gold and rose gold glitter. Though its still soft and blendable, it's texture is a little drier than the other two shades. Depending on how you apply it the crease shade can be quite intense or just a subtle hint of added depth. The drier texture of the crease shade stems from the matte base of the shade. The glitters can be blended away if you try hard enough.
The browbone shade gives Silent Treatment some warmth. This shade is quite soft, a little too soft, I've knicked it twice. The color is very soft and pigmented but not super saturated like the eyelid shade. The color is a yellow tinted peach with soft hints of shimmer. Like the other two shades it blends wonderfully and really pulls the look together.
Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Silent Treatment is a well put together palette of unexpected but fully wearable neutrals. Each shade in this trio has a wonderful texture with top notch pigmentation and great blendability. Using these eyeshadows as directed creates a very pretty, light look that's great for any occasion and any time of day. I'm addicted to Wet n Wild's Silent Treatment, I've used it nearly every day since I bought it. Its going to be heard to break away from it to create new looks and test other eyeshadows. I will definitely repurchase this eyeshadow trio if I ever work my way all the way through it, which I can definitely see myself doing. I think this eyeshadow trio is going to be a go-to product when I go back to work. I think everyone needs Silent Treatment in their lives. It'll suit just about anyone and at $3 it's a product just about everyone can afford it with just their pocket change.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Hvnsntme33

Wow! I'm really impressed by these Wet n Wild eyeshadows! Now, I'm not a professional makeup girl or anything, but IMO these are AMAZEBALLS! The are very soft, pigmented and blendable. I really love the trio in particular for that bottom toupey shade! It's really pretty on the lids! And for 3 bucks... You can't beat it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product! You really can't beat the price and I bought it mostly for the eyelid shade. It is the most gorgeous taupe with a hint of plum purple in it. I love wearing this on it's own because I find the crease shade is a little too dark for my extremely fair skin. Overall, you can't go wrong with these. Extremely creamy and pigmented for $3!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

Love everything about this shadow trio.

This overall looks like a warm grey mild smoky eye on me. The pinky brow color keeps it from washing me out, and I love the other two colors as well.

I use all my shadows with primer, and I see minimal, if any fallout on this one.

I bought this for a work-appropriate alternative to my usual bronze-brown eyecolor, and it delivers. The price is perfect, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by addressingstars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first bought this for the eyelid color- very pretty while still being work appropriate. The texture is buttery soft and highly pigmented, and it lasts a substantial amount of time without moving around- even without a primer. The other two shades I ignored- the brown/black was too dark for the crease and the pink did nothing. It was the only shadow I carried with me.

Unfortunately, even before I hit bottom the product sort of internally combusted inside its packaging, the shadows turning to powder and getting all smeared together. You couldn't even see into the container it was so powdery, much less open it without making a highly pigmented mess. I tossed it.

I found myself reaching for this product again, however, when I was looking for a shadow to use wet to line between my lashes. The crease shade came to mind, and it's perfect. Smooth, easy wet application with a liner brush without any fallout. The color is perfect for me, dark but not too harsh, and it lasts longer than any drugstore liner/shadow I've used (no racoon eyes after a long day!). I would definitely recommend giving this product a shot. The packaging sucks and you should use your own brushes, but the price is right. As I said earlier- best drugstore shadow/liner I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ggalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this trio and I would recommend it. My only caveat is that you do get what you pay for... colors look amazing for the first few hours but noticeably fade by evening, even with primer (I use UDPP). Good for day but I would wear something longer-lasting to go out.