July 30, 2014 | 1237 users online

Blush - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster™ Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Natural

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Syllionya

PF's Happy Booster caught my eye a loonngg time ago, but I never bought it because I often buy makeup without knowing it WILL be my HG after what I've read about formula and color. I read a few reviews and picked it up.

This blush is lovely and velvety and has all my skin's most complimentary colors. The texture made the hearts sultry and grown-up, which is disturbing in some ways but true nonetheless.

The packaging, however, isn't too good. It's cute but I broke one of the latches when I first opened the compact! The blush has a top latch containing the powder (thank GOD I didn't hurt that one) and a second latch that opens to reveal a cute little brush. I am very pleased with this because it reminds me of my Polly Pockets (particularly the unsound plastic, haha). The brush isn't any good, but it is cute and looks like a 90's doll accessory.

The color lives up to PF's claim: it really does look like a glow. The closet thing I've had to this was NYX's Dare mosiac powder, which is also shimmery and "glow"-y. The first time I put Dare on, my little brother said (rather snottily I thought) that I looked very sunburnt and stupid. Well, this is the opposite. This blush is natural and blends very, very well. I have a couple stubborn open pores on the apples of my cheeks and this glazed and glimmered over very well, giving the false appearance that I've got flawless skin.

-1 lippie for the packaging. If I'd broken the top latch, I wouldn't have been able to keep it for long.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this blush! It's so pretty and it goes really well with my skin tone.

The packaging is okay, but the brush is useless. I use a small powder brush for this one.

It does have a lot of shimmer though, therefore only 4 lippies from me. If I know that I'm going to spend a lot of time out in the sun I reach for another (matte) blush, since I've got big pores and don't want to emphasize them more than I have to. =P

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As a person without a job, and someone who is generally sick of paying for expensive makeup that CANNOT make me into a supermodel, I'm in love with this blush. I returned a NARS "Deep Throat" (too bright or something...I'm 43 and hate looking like I have too much makeup on) and bought this for a fraction of the price. It makes my cheeks look young and fresh, and I'm thrilled with it. I'm very fair, so the "Natural" was the right pick for me; the more pink-ish colors would have been to bright. I hate the packaging of this brand, and could really live without the cheap brush and the whole area that holds the brush, but whatever. I'm just happy to have a pretty blush to make me feel young again. Oh, I also use the "happy" bronzer from this company and have found it to be better than most of the expensive brands (in the past I've tried everything!).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Nirat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This blush is lovely! It shows up pretty pink on me and has a bit of a sheen, so sometimes I use it more as a highlighter than strictly a blush. It lasts through the day for me, though I might reapply if I'm going out later. I also really love the scent, it's such a nice detail.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by healthyglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love the design, it's so adorable! I know many people say it smells like violet, but mine has no scent. The brush is OK, could be a lot better. The colors are really nice and when I put it on, it really does look natural (at least to me). The mirror is handy and the package and color is super cute! Definitely would recommend and re-buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great pigmentation for drugstore blush. Although it is pricier than the usual drugstore find. Color is reddish, pinky-peach with good lasting power. Don't love the smell as much as Guerlain's violet scented products, but it's ok. Dislike the packaging, the longer I have it the cheaper it seems. The price and container keep it from being a winner for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

I like this blush and use it quite often. Since I'm pretty light-skinned, I like blushes like this that are build-able. The colour comes off as pink with a bit of peach. The packaging is cute but the writing wore off pretty quickly and the small heart on the bottom cracked. I like to the scent of this blush too. If it's still on the market when I run out, I'll buy it again. Seems like it will last quite a while though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ashl0p

Super cute blush! It has an assortment of pink tones, it's a little sheer, but buildable and it stays on quite well! Very light and blends into my powder press foundation beautifully. Subtle & natural color, as it claims to be. Packaging was a little flimsy, mines broke after having it for like 2 months. So I crushed all the little pieces & made it into sort of a loose blush powder lol. Still good :) great inexpensive blush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is another one of those situations where I wish I had "maybe" as an option on whether or not I would buy this again. I got this in a swap, which is great because I think that PF charges quite a bit for drugstore products! When I got this, my immediate thought was that this is too pink for my face. I usually go with more peachy tones, not such reddish pinks. However, this applies very sheer and just kind of gives a nice glow. I think if you were to use the wrong brush, this could maybe be a bit much for some skintones. I've been using a bigger powder fluffy brush and just putting this on the apples of my cheeks. It gives me a nice glow, just a little bit of a pinky warm color that glows. You also have to be sure to really swirl your brush around in the pot because otherwise you can end up with the color from the few hearts in there that are just solid pink or reddish pink color. I think this could work for a lot of skintones if applied correctly. Due to the higher cost of these drugstore items, it may be best to watch for a BOGO or BOGO1/2 off deal, maybe then you can try the bronzer as well! I also have a review for that item.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my most used blush! I really like the formula of this product. The blush is the only one I've tried so far that lasts all day, and I have tried MAC, Nars, and Tarte but this outlasts all those brands! I highly recommend this product. However, don't count on the brush being too great, I would recommend another blush brush.