November 27, 2014 | 953 users online

Mascara - MAC - False Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Violet34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not love this. It gave me spider leg eyelashes and it's way of "lengthening" is to leave a tiny clump on the end of each lash. I will fully admit to not being an expert on high end mascaras because this is the one area where I tend to stick to drugstore cheapies. I was working with an artist on a look for my brother's wedding and came in to pick up some last minute additions. The SA remembered me and came to assist with my purchases "Wow!! Your eyelashes look amazing!! Are you wearing the False Lashes?" Nope. Was wearing something I bought for half the price because I had instant regret over the Falsh Lashes. This was definitely not enough to sway me from my cheap mascara, which also does a better job of separating the lashes, in my opinon. (By the way, don't hate me, but it was Maybelline Great Lash that I was wearing-I know people hate it, but it works for me, lol).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by reaperangelique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not worth it for the price. Great natural mascara, doesn't clump, applies really nicely, doesn't smudge, lasts forever, even has cute chess-piece-like packaging, but False Lashes is false advertisement. If it was a little cheaper and not touted as something it's not, it'd be great. Pretty decent results if you have patience for layering it, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by meow-mix

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you were a fan of Prescriptives False Lashes mascara, MAC has relaunched the original Px formula as a MAC product. Love this mascara. buildable volume and length without clumping.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Cutekitti

Its a really nice mascara but I probably wouldn't buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing. This mascara lifts my eyelashes without using a curler first. It adds enough volume without feeling clumpy. I was hugely disappointed with the Haute & Naughty and was about to give up on MAC mascaras for good when I tried this one on a whim. This is my favorite mascara. I've already repurchased - although I got the Extreme Black formulation this time.

It is definitely a drier formula, which works great for me, but may not be everyone's preference.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by LoriSZN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this mascara way too clumpy and wet. Even with careful application, it kept getting on my eyelids and under my eyes. Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by lpogirl

I am surprised by some of the OK reviews. I really love this mascara - it's my new favourite and I have tried them all! I like that it does not have a plastic brush, but rather a traditional "bristle" brush. It lengthens my lashes (even in one coat), and unlike some of my MUA friends, I don't find it clumps at all! I think this is worth a try and the price (compared to Christian Dior and other high-end brands) is a decent value.

Good luck!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Min90

Bought this while on holidays in the US - I went a little over board in the MAC store (everything is SO cheap compared to Australia!). I had low expectations of this, thinking it was just another up-sell from the S/A... But I'm so glad I got it.
Separates, thickens, curls, adds volume. It does it all! I've had no issues with clumping, flaking or smudging - however it is early days still.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by majanet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love many MAC products, though the mascaras have not wowed me. False Lashes continues the lackluster record with some notable exceptions.
- it's a fibrous mascara, so I got longer results (which was good, though not outstandingly long unless I was willing to spend 15+ minutes on application)
- clumpy brush
- almost immediate eye irritation

Your allergic reactions or lack thereof may vary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This maybe my new favourite mascara. I've used Lash Blast and was convinced I wouldn't find anything to match it, but I did one better, I found one that surpassed Lash Blast.

This mascara makes my lashses dense and long. I was skeptical, but I was so impressed on first use. It makes my lashes super long, and fat. It holds curl all day, and I haven't experienced any smudging or flaking. The wand is perfect size, and reaches all the baby lashes perfectly. Cute tube to boot. Perfect mascara, hands down.