April 17, 2014 | 1731 users online

Mascara - MAC - False Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Min90

Bought this while on holidays in the US - I went a little over board in the MAC store (everything is SO cheap compared to Australia!). I had low expectations of this, thinking it was just another up-sell from the S/A... But I'm so glad I got it.
Separates, thickens, curls, adds volume. It does it all! I've had no issues with clumping, flaking or smudging - however it is early days still.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by majanet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love many MAC products, though the mascaras have not wowed me. False Lashes continues the lackluster record with some notable exceptions.
- it's a fibrous mascara, so I got longer results (which was good, though not outstandingly long unless I was willing to spend 15+ minutes on application)
- clumpy brush
- almost immediate eye irritation

Your allergic reactions or lack thereof may vary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This maybe my new favourite mascara. I've used Lash Blast and was convinced I wouldn't find anything to match it, but I did one better, I found one that surpassed Lash Blast.

This mascara makes my lashses dense and long. I was skeptical, but I was so impressed on first use. It makes my lashes super long, and fat. It holds curl all day, and I haven't experienced any smudging or flaking. The wand is perfect size, and reaches all the baby lashes perfectly. Cute tube to boot. Perfect mascara, hands down.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by littleleech

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara holds a curl better than any other one I've ever tried across all price ranges. For that, I may consider repurchasing as a "base" mascara to use in conjunction with actual false lashes.

Else, the volume it provides is very average, and I have to work with it a lot. It's not immune to clumps either, so I have to use an eyelash comb each time. Aside from the curl factor, I don't see any advantage to this over a drugstore mascara... for $5 more, there are many products out there that provide clean volume with one or two swipes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Kdids520

I bought this at the recommendation of a MAC MUA. I really didn't need a new mascara and I consider myself a CG LashBlast loyalist, but she told me I could return it within 30 days if I didn't like it. I figured it was worth giving a shot----I absolutely love it. It gives amazing length and curl without so much volume that it looks fake. It is perfect for day time drama, and with a couple extra coats, it is perfect for a dramatic night look too.
My lash blast has officially been replaced! Sorry, wallet!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite of all the MAC mascaras (and one of my faves all around); of course it's the most expensive one also. Gives great length and holds curl; does not give a ton of volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by tashadenise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

the only thing false about this mascara is the implication of long 'false' looking lashes. It doesnt provide any volume what so ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by claudiad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely would not purchase again. Get better results with DS brands, especially Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Tara1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product with the MAC prep and Prime. I have been using it with the primer, but I started using it by itself this morning and I think it actually looks better without it. This mascara give a natural, yet dramatic, feathery type of look. The formula goes on nice and creamy but dries fast. You can add a few coats for extra drama, but actually looks just fine with just one coat. I like the one alot!

Update: I just bought MAC Haute and Naughty and it is WAY better than this one. Check it out ladies! It does however depend on what look you are shooting for. False Lashes does indeed give extreme length but if you are looking for drama than go for H & N.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by zuzu627

I looooove this!! I mean they really did make my lashes long and full like falsies! I am super happy I invested in this mascara!