September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Mascara - MAC - False Lashes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Cutekitti

Its a really nice mascara but I probably wouldn't buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing. This mascara lifts my eyelashes without using a curler first. It adds enough volume without feeling clumpy. I was hugely disappointed with the Haute & Naughty and was about to give up on MAC mascaras for good when I tried this one on a whim. This is my favorite mascara. I've already repurchased - although I got the Extreme Black formulation this time.

It is definitely a drier formula, which works great for me, but may not be everyone's preference.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by LoriSZN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this mascara way too clumpy and wet. Even with careful application, it kept getting on my eyelids and under my eyes. Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by lpogirl

I am surprised by some of the OK reviews. I really love this mascara - it's my new favourite and I have tried them all! I like that it does not have a plastic brush, but rather a traditional "bristle" brush. It lengthens my lashes (even in one coat), and unlike some of my MUA friends, I don't find it clumps at all! I think this is worth a try and the price (compared to Christian Dior and other high-end brands) is a decent value.

Good luck!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Min90

Bought this while on holidays in the US - I went a little over board in the MAC store (everything is SO cheap compared to Australia!). I had low expectations of this, thinking it was just another up-sell from the S/A... But I'm so glad I got it.
Separates, thickens, curls, adds volume. It does it all! I've had no issues with clumping, flaking or smudging - however it is early days still.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by majanet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love many MAC products, though the mascaras have not wowed me. False Lashes continues the lackluster record with some notable exceptions.
- it's a fibrous mascara, so I got longer results (which was good, though not outstandingly long unless I was willing to spend 15+ minutes on application)
- clumpy brush
- almost immediate eye irritation

Your allergic reactions or lack thereof may vary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This maybe my new favourite mascara. I've used Lash Blast and was convinced I wouldn't find anything to match it, but I did one better, I found one that surpassed Lash Blast.

This mascara makes my lashses dense and long. I was skeptical, but I was so impressed on first use. It makes my lashes super long, and fat. It holds curl all day, and I haven't experienced any smudging or flaking. The wand is perfect size, and reaches all the baby lashes perfectly. Cute tube to boot. Perfect mascara, hands down.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by littleleech

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara holds a curl better than any other one I've ever tried across all price ranges. For that, I may consider repurchasing as a "base" mascara to use in conjunction with actual false lashes.

Else, the volume it provides is very average, and I have to work with it a lot. It's not immune to clumps either, so I have to use an eyelash comb each time. Aside from the curl factor, I don't see any advantage to this over a drugstore mascara... for $5 more, there are many products out there that provide clean volume with one or two swipes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Kdids520

I bought this at the recommendation of a MAC MUA. I really didn't need a new mascara and I consider myself a CG LashBlast loyalist, but she told me I could return it within 30 days if I didn't like it. I figured it was worth giving a shot----I absolutely love it. It gives amazing length and curl without so much volume that it looks fake. It is perfect for day time drama, and with a couple extra coats, it is perfect for a dramatic night look too.
My lash blast has officially been replaced! Sorry, wallet!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite of all the MAC mascaras (and one of my faves all around); of course it's the most expensive one also. Gives great length and holds curl; does not give a ton of volume.