December 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by craziedaizie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought the Olay Professional Pro-X a few days ago and have only used it 4 or 5 times, but I can already see improvement in my skin tone, texture, and the number of clogged pores I have! I don't want to jinx it, but I think this is a wonderful tool and I am so excited something is finally working for all of the stubborn blackheads in my T-zone.

I'm not using the cleanser that came with it because I don't want to risk having an adverse reaction, but my own cleanser (Nelson's Homeopathic) works well with the brush. I also use the OCM so I've tried using jojoba oil and the brush really massaged it into my pores.

I do have very sensitive skin and Olay Pro-X is not irritating my skin at all! I definitely recommend this to people who have combination skin because it really helps soften the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by jferraro89

I have had troubled skin since I was a teenager and have never found a solution which I was happy with. From the age of 14-23 I was prescribed numerous topical gels and creams to try and clear up my skin. It was never a terrible issue, but always had bothered me. One of my dermatologists went as far as to recommend accutane but I opted out when it came time for us to start the process. Last summer I stopped taking benzaclin and figured I would just live with it because I didn't think it was really helping. Then last Monday I figured I would go ahead and try the Olay Cleansing System because I've heard wonderful things about it in the past and had done some research on it prior to purchasing. Tomorrow will mark one week that I have owned this cleansing system and I am ecstatic about the results thus far. My skin has never looked so clear or healthy. Every other night I take off my makeup with remover wipes, use the cleanser, use toner and then moisturize. I cannot say enough good things about this product and it is crazy to think I've only used it 4 times. Amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super dry, flaky skin so obviously exfoliating is my middle name and I'd really been wanting to try the Clairisonic but had heard mixed reviews and didn't want to drop $200 on a system I didn't know would work for me or not. So I figured this $30 thingamajig would be a nice replacement but this system really disappointed me.

I immediately threw away the little cleanser that came with it because it smelled funny but I jumped straight in with my regular cleanser and have been using it religiously ever since. While it hasn't made me break out or anything, it just hasn't done anything! The brush is flat and so it doesn't get into those hard to reach nooks and crannies by your nose and it's just...not fast enough to feel like it's really cleaning anything. I switched from a cream cleanser to an exfoliating one with little beads, just in hope of getting a little bit more of a scrubbed feeling but to no avail.

If you're looking for a gentle exfoliant, this might be your tool but for me, I honestly felt like I got a better clean with those little flat rubber exfoliating pad. I'll probably keep using this for a while just to see if anything improves but I think I'm gonna stop by Sephora and get one of those pad things.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was lemming for a Clarisonic but I couldn’t justify the expense with Christmas looming. Anyhoo I love this!
After I use (with Clarins shea butter cleanser)my skin is so smooth. I also love to use this after wearing Shiseido’s sun protection foundation. That stuff is awesome but so hard to remove. When I have worn that Shiseido foundation I oil cleanse, normal cleanse and then use this. The head shows foundation colored foam after. Very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by claresmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I may be premature, but this thing gets a lot of dirt off. I just tied the Cleaning System for the first time. I tried it after I had already done what I thought was a thorough job of cleaning my face. There was still quite a bit of dirt that showed up on the cleaning pad. Great so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i love this product, well actually the one for even skin tone (blue box). i decided to get this after researching clarisonic and this item. i didn't want to pay an extra hundred for something that seems like it would do the same thing, though idk the technology on the clarisonic version so i can only review on this one. i dont have any major skin problems, only the occasional pms acne and semi oily skin on the tzone area. i only use this 2x a week and that plus extreme sweat sessions have made my skin look very radiant and glowy, from the release of harmful toxins thanks to sweat and this helps to go deep into pores to clean out the gunk, ehich makes the surface of the skin smoother

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeakc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been thinking about investing in a facial cleanser for months but the cost was always a turn-off. I decided to try the Olay first and invest in a higher end product if necessary. After a couple months of use I don't see any need to upgrade. My skin texture showed surprising improvement after the first few uses. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i use this ', i do use it really carefully , (I use it on the 'low' setting , i make it barely touches my face , kinda glides on my face while doing its job .. It cleanses and kinda resurfaces my skin .But if you are prone to broken capillaries steer clear ,i would not recommend this brush in this case

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by lolipop13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing! I love it! I didn't want to spend $200 on a clarasonic so I started looking up similar face brushes that were cheaper and found many positive reviews for the olay pro x. So I decides to get it. I have only been using it for five days with my Neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser morning and night and my overall complexion has already improved and many of my breakouts and black heads have cleared/shrinken . I recommended this for any skin type!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ellablue123

Love this stuff! I'm SO glad i didnt get the clarisonic or any of the other knock-offs..

Pros:
-Can be found on the walmart website for $21!! buy it online and get it to ship to your store for free, it's cheaper than buying it in stores! And can be refunded for months after
-Scrubs and exfoliates hard. I didn't want a wimpy soft brush that did nothing.
-Gets rid of all and any dry skin
-Gets rid of any and all make up that you thought had been removed but wasn't
-Improves complexion
-2 settings, low and high!

Cons:
-Haven't noticed too much improvement on acne break outs, but it does make me feel cleaner!
-I've heard that it's not completely waterproof

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No