November 27, 2014 | 944 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super dry, flaky skin so obviously exfoliating is my middle name and I'd really been wanting to try the Clairisonic but had heard mixed reviews and didn't want to drop $200 on a system I didn't know would work for me or not. So I figured this $30 thingamajig would be a nice replacement but this system really disappointed me.

I immediately threw away the little cleanser that came with it because it smelled funny but I jumped straight in with my regular cleanser and have been using it religiously ever since. While it hasn't made me break out or anything, it just hasn't done anything! The brush is flat and so it doesn't get into those hard to reach nooks and crannies by your nose and it's just...not fast enough to feel like it's really cleaning anything. I switched from a cream cleanser to an exfoliating one with little beads, just in hope of getting a little bit more of a scrubbed feeling but to no avail.

If you're looking for a gentle exfoliant, this might be your tool but for me, I honestly felt like I got a better clean with those little flat rubber exfoliating pad. I'll probably keep using this for a while just to see if anything improves but I think I'm gonna stop by Sephora and get one of those pad things.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was lemming for a Clarisonic but I couldn’t justify the expense with Christmas looming. Anyhoo I love this!
After I use (with Clarins shea butter cleanser)my skin is so smooth. I also love to use this after wearing Shiseido’s sun protection foundation. That stuff is awesome but so hard to remove. When I have worn that Shiseido foundation I oil cleanse, normal cleanse and then use this. The head shows foundation colored foam after. Very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by claresmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I may be premature, but this thing gets a lot of dirt off. I just tied the Cleaning System for the first time. I tried it after I had already done what I thought was a thorough job of cleaning my face. There was still quite a bit of dirt that showed up on the cleaning pad. Great so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i love this product, well actually the one for even skin tone (blue box). i decided to get this after researching clarisonic and this item. i didn't want to pay an extra hundred for something that seems like it would do the same thing, though idk the technology on the clarisonic version so i can only review on this one. i dont have any major skin problems, only the occasional pms acne and semi oily skin on the tzone area. i only use this 2x a week and that plus extreme sweat sessions have made my skin look very radiant and glowy, from the release of harmful toxins thanks to sweat and this helps to go deep into pores to clean out the gunk, ehich makes the surface of the skin smoother

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeakc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been thinking about investing in a facial cleanser for months but the cost was always a turn-off. I decided to try the Olay first and invest in a higher end product if necessary. After a couple months of use I don't see any need to upgrade. My skin texture showed surprising improvement after the first few uses. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i use this ', i do use it really carefully , (I use it on the 'low' setting , i make it barely touches my face , kinda glides on my face while doing its job .. It cleanses and kinda resurfaces my skin .But if you are prone to broken capillaries steer clear ,i would not recommend this brush in this case

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by lolipop13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing! I love it! I didn't want to spend $200 on a clarasonic so I started looking up similar face brushes that were cheaper and found many positive reviews for the olay pro x. So I decides to get it. I have only been using it for five days with my Neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser morning and night and my overall complexion has already improved and many of my breakouts and black heads have cleared/shrinken . I recommended this for any skin type!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ellablue123

Love this stuff! I'm SO glad i didnt get the clarisonic or any of the other knock-offs..

Pros:
-Can be found on the walmart website for $21!! buy it online and get it to ship to your store for free, it's cheaper than buying it in stores! And can be refunded for months after
-Scrubs and exfoliates hard. I didn't want a wimpy soft brush that did nothing.
-Gets rid of all and any dry skin
-Gets rid of any and all make up that you thought had been removed but wasn't
-Improves complexion
-2 settings, low and high!

Cons:
-Haven't noticed too much improvement on acne break outs, but it does make me feel cleaner!
-I've heard that it's not completely waterproof

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only had this product for 3 days and I'm in love. I have acne prone oily skin and this tool has instantly balanced my oil production and clarified my skin in just a few uses. This brush exfoliates so well but does not aggravate my sensitive skin and takes off the additional makeup that a face towel cannot get rid of. Since I started a few days ago, my makeup has been gliding over my face effortlessly and looks beautiful. Plus, I have not had to use as much, even though I suffer from hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks. I am really excited to see what my face will look like in a few months after using this tool daily in conjunction with the Olay Microdermabrasion kit once a week.

I purchased mine off of Amazon for less than $25 and this face brush does what it says it is going to do. FYI, it also comes with an Olay sample face cleanser but I have not used it. I use my Derma E Glycolic face cleanser with it (I highly recommend this face wash for oily skin!).

Just a couple of gripes. This does not come with a stand, so you will have to get clever with where you will want it to air dry while not in use (even though it is waterproof). This also is only battery operated, so the best option is to use rechargeable batteries (I bought the brand Sanyo Eneloop, these are the best rated rechargeable batteries on Amazon and worth the cost!!!).

Also, I have one tip. Do not use too much pressure when cleansing your face with electronic face brushes. Doing this could cause sagging and wrinkling. Using light pressure while making circular motions is very effective:)

The immediate results of your face being washed thoroughly and removing all traces of makeup off have me stunned! I'm so happy with this purchase and that I stepped out of the stone age with my face care routine (wash cloth).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I bought this about six weeks ago, and I waited to review it to see if it really makes a long term difference in my skin. I am extremely acne prone, and I have been scaling back my skincare regiment, and exfoliating a lot more. This brush is definitely HG status! I can't believe how well this works. My skin looks better than it has in years. I've even used it after my Juice Beauty peel, and there was still no irritation. This is an absolute game changer for my skin. I could never afford the clarisonic, so I'm happy Olay made a reasonably priced version. I do have a few gripes, though. I wish there was a stand, and a charger. I also wish it was waterproof, and not just resistant. I want to use it in the shower, but after a few close calls I had to stop because I'm afraid to break it. I need it to much, lol. I liked the cleanser that came with it, but not enough to purchase. I just use my unscented Ology brand soap, which you can get at Walgreen's and is AMAZING! Sometimes I mix in a little baking soda for a gentle abrasive, and my skin feels so smooth and clean. After each cleansing I use either a few drops of argan oil, or Juice Beauty blemish serum, and both soak into my skin easier. Makeup glides on, and comes off more easily. I don't know how I lived without this. UPDATE: It's been almost 4 months and this thing just keeps getting better. I tried "no 'poo" hair care and long story short it broke out my face so bad I looked deformed. This brought my face back. I am seriously considering buying a couple of back up units because I need it that much.