August 23, 2014 | 1060 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I have never owned a Clarisonic brush, but I have to imagine that this is similar, but at a lower price-point. I received mine for Christmas in 2011. It was my favorite gift. I've had problematic skin for over 20 years, so I tend to always be on the look-out for products to help with cleansing, reducing pores, etc. I really don't like washing my face with my hands, so this is a much better alternative than a washcloth or buff puff. I wouldn't call the results miraculous by any means, but I do feel like my skin can "breathe" when I use this tool. My make-up definitely goes on smoother the next day, and I immediately have a glowy/dewy complexion. It did not get rid of stubborn blackheads for me, and did not increase cell turnover enough to reduce overall acne. But I still do believe it is beneficial to my skin & will continue to use it a few times per week. (P.S. I HATED the cleanser that came with it. After one try, I tossed it out. It was definitely NOT designed for acne-prone skin. Use your own favorite cleanser.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This recently arrived in Singapore's shores and I bought this at SGD$48 (comes 1 brush head, the tool itself and also a small sample of an olay cleanser)

SKIN BACKGROUND: Sensitive, oily and acne prone

I'm so excited that I purchased this! I have been wanting a clarisonic but it is too expensive (costs SGD$215 and above) for me right now. I decided to give this a try for now and I am happy with it! My skin never felt so clean before and my pores feels clean! Never felt that my skin could be this clean because the bristles really cleaned the skin.

I have been using this for more than a month and I am enjoying it. I use this at the low setting (there is a high and low setting) twice a day and I noticed that I get less oily and less breakouts. My acne scars are fading! I have large pores and I noticed that my pores are smaller now since it is cleansed properly which means that there is no gunk left in it = pore will be smaller and hence lesser oil production!

Really impressed with this product. The only down side is that the product is water resistant but not waterproof. I have to be extra careful when cleaning it if soap gets around the handle and such because you certainly do not want to put this under a running tap since it is not waterproof!

As mentioned above, i use this twice a day and it does not irritate my sensitive skin. I also noticed that I get lesser redness! I use the high setting once a week when I want to really exfoliate my skin because I do not want to over exfoliate till my skin break out.

Will definitely repurchase if this device is spoiled (dropped this twice and is still working good). Did not break me out. Reduced redness, breakouts and acne scaring, cheaper than clarisonic, clears out the pores and minimizes it, I get less oily (only need to blot once a day - i used to blot 3 times a day before using this!).

REALLY REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THIS. I AM SO GLAD I BOUGHT IT AND THIS IMMEDIATELY BECAME MY HOLY GRAIL SKIN CARE TOOL *thumbs up to olay! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by staceymercer17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product and it's a really good price!!! It does the job well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I've been using this for maybe 2 years and I love it. Before this I was using a manual face brush from the body shop, which was great too. My face just doesn't feel clean unless I use this. It helps with breakouts because it really cleans out your pores. It gently exfoliates, while smoothing the skin. Exfoliation is probably the best thing you can do for your skin, it improves the texture & appearance. I had the same batteries in my brush for a year & a half until they died and I've only change the brush head once. Great product for only $30.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Allie0325

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing ! It was worth it ! Don't be scared to buy it just bc it's cheaper then the Clarasonic !! My face cleared up and removed the dirt from my pores within the second day my face was much smoother and clearer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by leannerduffy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This little machine is great. I owned a clarisonic for several months and was disappointed with the condition/feel of my skin. I was expecting more of a difference.

A couple years later I ran across this. I was doubtful since it performed a circular scrubbing action, rather than a sonic cleaning action but I was wrong in doubting it. It has done a beautiful job in clearing up the junk out of my pores and also has made a drastic difference in the texture of my skin.

I've used one month and would highly recommend (Costco has a super awesome bundle for CHEAP).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by hollyd1996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has absolutely changed my skin & life!! Never used to be able to put on foundation without it drying out on my skin and looking so dry, flaky and uneven, and now I get the most flawless finish and my face is so soft and smooth, even at the end of the day. I have sensitive skin and am able to use this without any problems, and it is so cheap. Recommending it to everyone! I haven't tried it but I would not bother paying an extra $100 for a clarisonic when the results from the Olay are amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Lovechild67

I've been using this for about a year and I love it! I did not want to spend the money on the more expensive versions without knowing if this one would work for me..it works great ! I use this at bed time after a long day of wearing makeup and working in a restaurant all night sweating! My skin feels soooo clean and fresh!!! I use Aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser which is great with this brush!! Thanks!:))) go buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBaby19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleansing system! It was a cheaper option to other cleansing systems so I was really happy when I tried because it worked so well for the price! I love the brush because you feel like your skin got the best clean ever, and the brush felt great on my skin. The cleanser is a very small sample, so I really can't say anything positive or negative about it. The cleansing system retails for $29.99 at most drugstores, and the replacement brush heads package comes with two brush heads for $9.99.

I definitely think you should purchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

I have been using this product, with the original brush head for about a year now. I really like this product!! It was a new thing when I got it and I was so excited there was a more affordable option than a clarisonic. I haven't tried the clarisonic, I haven't been able to justify the price tag, so I can't make comparisons. However, I think this does an amazing job for the price. It's so much gentler than a scrub, yet does a waaaay better job. The first time I used it, I couldn't believe the difference. Scrubs had always made my skin feel a lot smoother, but never this smooth! It removes every last bit of makeup. Great product at a great price.

I can see why people might break out from using this twice a day, after all it is exfoliating, you're never supposed to exfoliate that frequently. I've only ever used it as frequently as once a day, and that was only because it was the only way i could completely remove my water resistant sunscreen (shesiedo) at the end of the day. I wouldn't recommend using it that frequently though, because my skin did start to get irritated and dry. No breakouts though. I'd say you shouldn't use this more than 3-4 times a week for optimal results.

Overall I love, will continue to use, and recommend this product! Good job olay! ;)