September 22, 2014 | 1963 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by guinnrm

I'm on my third purchase of this powder. I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I like this powder because it is matte (not glittery), and very transparent, and doesn't give me any skin problems! I'd been using other heavier powders, and I was sick of looking cake-y! This is definitely a staple for me because it looks flawless. I also like the color options; it was confusing at first, but when I settled on 125, I found it to be the perfect color.

My only complaints are: with my skin, I do have to re-apply throughout the day. Better than looking like a clown though. Also, the packaging does that stupid thing where the applicator is under the mirror, so you have to flip between the makeup and the mirror when applying. I think this is to minimize bacteria on the makeup, so that's excusable. The applicator is also cheap; the last one I bought fell apart (mind you, I'd hit pan at that point).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

A very basic powder that I decided to pick up to go with my Maybelline Fit Me stick foundation when I don't feel like using my Bobbi Brown Retouching powder. It meshes well with the Fit stick. No oxidizing but it does nothing in regards to controlling oil. For a drugstore powder it isnt too bad and super affordable too....especially when using a coupon. Will I will re-purchase....most definitely.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not sure if the formula is different for different countries or if they've reformulated the Fit Me pressed, but mine is not glittery in the pan or on the face in any lighting. I wear 220 and used to love this as a base when I was wearing powder foundations. I now am a BB and TM fan, and this powder is still great for setting the Tzone when necessary. The colour range is wide, and neutral enough to suit most undertones, and the packaging is quite sleek-looking for a drugstore powder- not oodles of titles and writing in various fonts which always comes off tacky (CoverGirl and Rimmel, I'm looking at you). I gave an overall of 3 because as someone who has never owned makeup NOT from the drugstore, I can respect the fact that there may be better powders out there, as drugstores tend to be minepits when searching for quality powders. In closing, this product is finely milled and thus buildable and easy to achieve an airbrushed finish with. Works best with a kabuki, ignore reviews complaining about using the useless puff included and then having streaks. Hilarious, really.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by xxpopopxx

I'm not quite sure what to do with this powder, considering throwing it away. It just doesn't do what it's supposed to do. I've tried setting my makeup with the applicator that comes with it, but it's VERY hard to not to have streaks of uneven powder. I tried using a brush but the product just doesn't stick to the brush so it's like it's like not having put it on your face at all.

Don't bother waste of money , much better products than this

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Sarsar1sar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This made my face look like a disco ball! There is glitter in this! Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by skepticalskin

This is a fairly cheap powder so you get what you paid for but its still has its flaws. It has zero staying powder, close to none setting power and the texture is horrendously grainy and you finish it pretty quickly anyway. the only good thing is the shade selection whereas I got this in the lightest available shade and it was not too dark for me which was great. The packaging seems functional at first with sponge and powder properly separated and a good mirror but the sponge is useless-doesn't pick up product, easily gets dirty and does not wash well. Also I don't how this is even physically possible but the container leaks powder if you just throw it in your bag, I have no idea how that happens since I've never chipped the powder and it's pressed powder how can it possibly leak out anywhere but it does, all my bags are full of this powder -__- I'm looking for something that has better setting ability/staying power and coverage so I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by giantspacemoth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was bought for me as part of a birthday bundle from my sister.. unfortunately the powder is so terrible I had to throw it away.
It doesn't sit well on my foundation (YSL Teint Eclat BR10) as it looks quite cakey and goes orange immediately. Also I kept trapping the skin on my hand in the box as it's square and you have to keep flipping the powder tray up and down to get to the mirror underneath. ow ow ow! It appears very matte on me, no sparkle or shimmer at all, which is very unflattering when you have fine lines creeping in.
Some minor plus points: you get a decent amount of product in the pan, and it didn't make my skin break out in rashes or pimples.
I wouldn't buy this for myself - I'll be sticking to the usual Loreal True Match in future.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by xxRomiChanxx

I liked this powder! I have been on acne medication for the past few months, which has controlled my oily skin considerably so this powder worked well for oil control (if you have oily skin though, beware, this doesn't do much for oil control). It's very light and the little bit of shimmer doesn't bother me as I don't apply much of it. If you're looking for something mattifying, Rimmel's Stay Matte is loads better though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for $2.50 at Loblaws during one of their no-tax sales so this was DEFINITELY a steal because I've seen this $6+ everywhere else. I picked it up because of the price and have had no experience with the Fit Me line at all.

I have dry skin but I get a little shiny sometimes due to the heat since its summer right now and this doesn't really make my face as matte as I would like. Granted, it does get rid of the shininess. I'd assume that this would have terrible oil control for the oily ladies if its already not matte enough for me. I guess I was too busy trying to see if it'll help mattify if I applied more that I didn't notice the shimmer until my third try with the product. I would probably repurchase for the winter where I will not be shiny and just need some powder to look decent. But with the shimmer there is no way I will.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this pressed powder a few weeks ago because it was one of the first makeup products I had ever purchased and well, I wanted to try it again! To describe this product in one word, I immediately think: mediocre. This powder is by no means bad, I actually think it gives a beautiful finish to the skin that isn't too matte and doesn't make you look powdery but it doesn't really help at controlling oil at all. After I apply this powder, a few hours later I'm looking oily again. This wouldn't be a horrific thing because it is summer here and you can't truly believe that your makeup can last all day without touchups but where my problem comes in is that what gives the powder its lovely finish is that it contains sparkle. While the sparkle is super finely milled and impossible to pick up on upon first application, once you have reapplied this powder 2-3 maybe 4 times during the day, the powder is wearing down but the sparkle is starting to accumulate on your face so as the day goes on you start looking more and more like a disco ball the more you apply it. The consistency of the powder is a consistency that I really enjoy, not too rich like the Revlon Nearly Naked powder and not too grainy like the Maybelline Dream Matte powder. I just really wish with a product like powder that you apply a lot throughout the day that brands would keep the sparkle out of it. Not a horrible powder, not the best one either. Will likely not repurchase.