August 2, 2014 | 963 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Sarsar1sar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This made my face look like a disco ball! There is glitter in this! Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by skepticalskin

This is a fairly cheap powder so you get what you paid for but its still has its flaws. It has zero staying powder, close to none setting power and the texture is horrendously grainy and you finish it pretty quickly anyway. the only good thing is the shade selection whereas I got this in the lightest available shade and it was not too dark for me which was great. The packaging seems functional at first with sponge and powder properly separated and a good mirror but the sponge is useless-doesn't pick up product, easily gets dirty and does not wash well. Also I don't how this is even physically possible but the container leaks powder if you just throw it in your bag, I have no idea how that happens since I've never chipped the powder and it's pressed powder how can it possibly leak out anywhere but it does, all my bags are full of this powder -__- I'm looking for something that has better setting ability/staying power and coverage so I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by giantspacemoth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was bought for me as part of a birthday bundle from my sister.. unfortunately the powder is so terrible I had to throw it away.
It doesn't sit well on my foundation (YSL Teint Eclat BR10) as it looks quite cakey and goes orange immediately. Also I kept trapping the skin on my hand in the box as it's square and you have to keep flipping the powder tray up and down to get to the mirror underneath. ow ow ow! It appears very matte on me, no sparkle or shimmer at all, which is very unflattering when you have fine lines creeping in.
Some minor plus points: you get a decent amount of product in the pan, and it didn't make my skin break out in rashes or pimples.
I wouldn't buy this for myself - I'll be sticking to the usual Loreal True Match in future.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by xxRomiChanxx

I liked this powder! I have been on acne medication for the past few months, which has controlled my oily skin considerably so this powder worked well for oil control (if you have oily skin though, beware, this doesn't do much for oil control). It's very light and the little bit of shimmer doesn't bother me as I don't apply much of it. If you're looking for something mattifying, Rimmel's Stay Matte is loads better though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for $2.50 at Loblaws during one of their no-tax sales so this was DEFINITELY a steal because I've seen this $6+ everywhere else. I picked it up because of the price and have had no experience with the Fit Me line at all.

I have dry skin but I get a little shiny sometimes due to the heat since its summer right now and this doesn't really make my face as matte as I would like. Granted, it does get rid of the shininess. I'd assume that this would have terrible oil control for the oily ladies if its already not matte enough for me. I guess I was too busy trying to see if it'll help mattify if I applied more that I didn't notice the shimmer until my third try with the product. I would probably repurchase for the winter where I will not be shiny and just need some powder to look decent. But with the shimmer there is no way I will.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this pressed powder a few weeks ago because it was one of the first makeup products I had ever purchased and well, I wanted to try it again! To describe this product in one word, I immediately think: mediocre. This powder is by no means bad, I actually think it gives a beautiful finish to the skin that isn't too matte and doesn't make you look powdery but it doesn't really help at controlling oil at all. After I apply this powder, a few hours later I'm looking oily again. This wouldn't be a horrific thing because it is summer here and you can't truly believe that your makeup can last all day without touchups but where my problem comes in is that what gives the powder its lovely finish is that it contains sparkle. While the sparkle is super finely milled and impossible to pick up on upon first application, once you have reapplied this powder 2-3 maybe 4 times during the day, the powder is wearing down but the sparkle is starting to accumulate on your face so as the day goes on you start looking more and more like a disco ball the more you apply it. The consistency of the powder is a consistency that I really enjoy, not too rich like the Revlon Nearly Naked powder and not too grainy like the Maybelline Dream Matte powder. I just really wish with a product like powder that you apply a lot throughout the day that brands would keep the sparkle out of it. Not a horrible powder, not the best one either. Will likely not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by tashareviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this with a lot of excitement. However I was actually quite disappointed. I noticed the powder has a shimmer to it after application onto the skin. It seems to control oil pretty well so that's good. I have this in the color Buff Beige and it is lighter when applied on skin. It feels somewhat chalky. Purchased for about $9. Not satisfied for the amount I payed for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by fionamills123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this product was so-so. When I used this over my foundation my face was oily looking in an hour again. For people with oily skin I would not recommend this!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by em0hly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY POOR OILY SKIN! I tried this foundation for one of the first times today over my usual full faces of makeup, and I usually do not have any problems when I use my other powder. When I got home from being out for two hours, I had a horrible oily covering over my entire face, I cannot believe my face looked like that! I was terribly embarrassed! I will NEVER use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by willcaro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased this power time and time again. I am usually a liquid foundation type of girl but when my sister suggested I used this powder, I was shocked at how natural it was. I am fairly tan and use shade 315 (Soft Honey). It doesn't settle into my pores or any creases, it controls my oil and shine, and adds a soft glow. I don't personally use the applicator that it comes with but I haven used it when I'm in a hurry. I usually apply with a foundation powder brush. There's such a wide shade range but the product does do a good job of matching my skin tone, so if you're in the ball park and don't pick something completely not even close to your skin tone, you should be good! I go for a light coverage so I don't pile this on, but even a light coverage does the trick for me. I have very oily, acne prone skin and this product hasn't caused me any issues in the break out department.