July 24, 2014 | 1577 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I discovered this in my teens, when I had really bad acne that made me very self conscious. No wonder this is a staple in Charlotte Tilbury's kit, I'm considering adding it to mine as well.
In a nutshell: covers ANYTHING and still looks natural, even in daylight. It's very longlasting and can be also just mixed into another foundation for added coverage. I like to do a first layer with a more natural foundation first (currently Urban Decay Naked Skin) and then go back with this one on problem areas. I do have acne and some post hyperpigmentation and after using this I don't need concealer.
I would recommend to keep your skin decently exfoliated to maximize the wear and the smooth finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by guccimomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a thick foundation. Its great for covering age spots,blemishes and scars,even on your body. I will not be repurchasing as it is way too heavy and cakey. Great for stage actors,but not for everyday life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not rating this product as a foundation, because that is not how I use it. As a full coverage concealer (for acne/scarring, not for undereyes) Maximum Cover has been truly remarkable for me and I am very happy that I found it. It wears like iron and it covers better than any concealer I have ever used (Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, Hard Candy Glamoflauge, Physicians Formula Conceal Rx). My only gripe is that the lightest shade is still a touch too dark for my N12 skin, but it isn't noticeable enough to the point where I'd stop using it. If you need a heavy duty, full coverage, long wearing concealer, I highly recommend this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by kraftibyotch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh gracious, where do I start. Okay. I used this for two days in a row, trying to work with it. The first day I applied too much, so that's on me. The second day, though, I was exceedingly careful and thorough with my application, using miniscule amounts and blending/buffing well. The finish of this foundation was definitely heavy and cakey. Furthermore, it settled into every pore and line. Even after I powdered, the stuff migrated in a very unflattering way to accentuate the worst of my complexion. Additionally, before too long, I had oily breakthrough like you wouldn't believe.

In short, this foundation made my skin look *terrible*. Too bad, I really wanted to like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by samthemoose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

WORST foundation I have ever tried. I REALLY wanted to like this foundation but ugh while it did cover EVERYTHING that's pretty much where the pros end. It's ridiculously cakey. Accentuates flakes like nobody's business and doesn't even control oil very well or last long. And the color selection is AWFUL. It was too dark and pink and yet somehow still manage to make me look like a ghost. Anything lighter than that would make me look transparent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by BeautyTherapstLife

This is the best foundation for me! It's a very full coverage which I love yet feels really light and smooth on your skin :) It is one of those foundation where a little goes a LONG way! It is an expensive foundation but you only use a very small amount for your whole face so it lasts months (and I wear mine very heavy!) the colour selection is very good and I don't find myself having to reapply very much during the day at all... It is very long lasting! I really don't have one bad thing to say about this foundation...this is my perfect foundation! It doesn't make my skin dry or breakout!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by LaurieV

This is one of the few full-coverage foundations out there that Iíve been able to find. It doesnít completely camouflage my melasma, but then again, I donít think anything will. It does a great job though. I took off one star for the limited color choices. I would say thatís the one thing I donít like about it. I use the lightest shade, but itís just a tad dark and yellow for me (although maybe the yellow is what makes it so good at covering things up). I also like that itís not drying, like many of the other full-cover foundations out there, like ELís Double Matte, which has fantastic coverage but dries my face out if I wear it every day. I like the tube packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

I can't judge this as a foundation as I haven't tried it as one, but as a concealer, well, it pretty much rocks! I use this on my acne scars under my foundation (MAC Face& Body/Chanel Vitalumiere/Aqua) those are my 3 day/night ones. It stays put, it covers like a dream, it's not thick or gloopy but somehow it manages to just camouflage them! Magical, i wouldn't recommend for under eye but as an acne concealer, this and mac studio finish are the ones! I use this at night as its no SPF and translates great on camera and MAC in the day for sun protection. If you are going to use it as concealer, it will last forever which justifies the price for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by AllyInc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

a little goes a long way - it doesn't cover my acne marks as well as my Lycogel (but then again my marks are pretty dark as i have brown-ish skin) but i actually quite love this product. putting some green concealer underneath helps heaps. by far my second favourite after the lycogel and doesn't make it me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Toom_Snoopy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best full coverage foundation ever!

At first I hesitate between this one and Laura Mercier Silk Creme and I choose EL finally. I have terrible oily skin, full of acne scars, super large pore, so the foundation that I look for is only the full coverage. The general light foundation on the market today is nothing on my face. I used to use Revlon Colorstay (old formula) which provided full coverage but so thick and broke me out crazy, Revlon Colorstay whipped which cast on my face during the day, people know my face was covered with paint and it didn't cover acne scars enough, and the last one Vichy Dermablend gave me full coverage but didn't last all day, it washed off, the nude shades (25) looked orange and most important it sinked into pores.

EL Max Cover gives me the look like Vichy, matt and cover well, but the consistency is better, high pigment so little goes a long way. It dries very fast and I think mixed with some moisturizers is better. It doesn't sink into my large pores and last all day. I love this foundation very much as I have bad skin so I'm very pleased with this one but for someone who has good skin may not satisfy with this foundation because of the coverage quality.