October 25, 2014 | 1742 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by CKHerrera

Favoritest foundation of all time!! Made a big mistake not rebuying this. I hate that's it's only available at Macy's or online, so it's pay for gas to a Macy's one hour away or pay S&H.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by av77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!! Ive got bags and bags of unsuccessful foundations that I've tried. Finally, I got the Makeup Alley app, read the reviews on this product, and bought it. The first day I wore it, I went to a rodeo where I was riding horses in 100 degree Texas heat for hours. I looked in the mirror when I got home, expecting to look terrible, but I didn't! The makeup stayed through the whole day! This foundation is extremely light, but has amazing coverage. It's unlike any foundation I've tried. So this week I'm at the beach, and I went fishing on my boyfriends boat. It was scorching hot, water flying in my face, and crazy windy when the boat was going. Once again, I looked in the mirror once we got back, expecting the worst, but my face had a dewey flawless look! Can't recommend it enough. It doesn't cake, it stays put

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by pungalina

This WAS the best foundation, I have used it for several years. Just ran out and repurchased well they must have changed the formula, before it was perfect if you knew how to apply. Now it is greasy not much coverage leaves your face a shiny oil slick shortly after applying never had this before.This so defeats the purpose of this foundation.So now back to searching for another foundation.
Please stop changing formulas or at least let us know before you do.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by whateilidhdid

I like a full coverage and when I used normal Double Wear, I was using one layer, a layer of powder, another layer of foundation then another layer of powder/bronzer in top. It was financially feasible and my face started to break out and became quite dry in places. I then tried Maximum Cover and I don't think I would use any other foundation! It gives perfect full coverage (covers a few scars and freckles that I am self conscious about) but still feels breathable. I like that its in a flexible tube as opposed to a bottle because I feel that you can get more out of it (cutting it in half with scissors when unable to squeeze any more out) and you can control how much you use. I either squeeze a pea sized onto my hand and use a foundation brush or just rub it on with my hands for a little bit less coverage. I don't really like that if I use a highlighter/primer underneath, it doesn't show through as the foundation gives SUCH a good cover. I have oily skin so I have to touch up my bronzer/powder once or twice a day but the staying power of the actual foundation is phenomenal. I find that a small amount does a very long way. I am very pale and the lightest colour (001) still felt a bit orange on my face but I use a lighter powder to set. Overall, this foundation is has great cover an staying power but colours and ability to use anything underneath is limited.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Beckyh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was terrible for my dry skin, it stuck to the dry patches and went flakey in parts. It's very very full coverage it sets very quickly so you have to get it on and blend it quite quickly it's very light and I'm just using mine as a concealer as its too heavy for me to use as a foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Nagomimakuri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My new HG foundation after doing lots of research in finding a reliable long-wearing foundation that would last 15 hours. It goes on really smooth (of course, with a good moisturizer underneath) and is surprisingly lighter than I would have expected for a full coverage foundation. It has buildable coverage, and for the first time I find that most of my blemishes/scars/hyperpigmentation marks cover up well with only one layer! Being that it has sunscreen in it though, and the fact that my skin is on the oilier side, I do develop an oil slick within a few hours, but the foundation itself doesn't slide too much. The other downside is the limited shade choices, but I use this as a daily foundation now as it feels weightless!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My new favorite foundation. I have lots of blemishes that I like to cover and this does that. I use the lighter shade as a highlight and the darker shade for the around the perimeter of my face as a contour. I do use powder to set it. Its very thin consistency but the coverage of awesome! You only need a very small amount for the whole face.

MonsiieurAlex on YouTube have a very good review and demo, he can explain it better, here is the link:

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Alanna22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A favourite foundation of mine. PROS: Covers everything and everything. Looks quite natural for a full coverage foundation. Easy to apply and blend. Only a small amount is needed. CONS: Transfers quite easily (needs to be set with powder). Staying power isn't as good as normal double wear. NOTES: I use my beauty blender or fingers to apply this. Fingers get a bit messy. I use this for moments when I want full coverage, but won't be out for as long such as dates, work meetings, ect. This may last longer on a person with less oily skin. I would definitely suggest this foundation to a person who is after a foundation that will cover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I discovered this in my teens, when I had really bad acne that made me very self conscious. No wonder this is a staple in Charlotte Tilbury's kit, I'm considering adding it to mine as well.
In a nutshell: covers ANYTHING and still looks natural, even in daylight. It's very longlasting and can be also just mixed into another foundation for added coverage. I like to do a first layer with a more natural foundation first (currently Urban Decay Naked Skin) and then go back with this one on problem areas. I do have acne and some post hyperpigmentation and after using this I don't need concealer.
I would recommend to keep your skin decently exfoliated to maximize the wear and the smooth finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by guccimomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a thick foundation. Its great for covering age spots,blemishes and scars,even on your body. I will not be repurchasing as it is way too heavy and cakey. Great for stage actors,but not for everyday life.