September 21, 2014 | 1100 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had trouble finding a good moisturizer in the drugstore that would soothe my sensitive combo skin without making it oily or feeling too heavy and greasy. After reading up about the OCM method and learning about Jojoba oil, I decided to pick this up. I'm really glad I did - it eases the dryness and sinks into my skin. Any dry flake patches of skin are gone within a day and it doesn't break me out, which most moisturizers tend to do. Sometimes I also use this as a pre-cleanse to take off all my makeup. My only gripe with the product is that it is a little too heavy for daytime use as I find it makes my makeup look a little too shiny for my liking. Because of this, I mainly use it before bed if my skin is feeling parched. I'm in no rush to repurchase but I'm sure I would miss it if I ever ran out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by hellohello0o0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because of all these amazing reviews, I thought jojoba oil was a miracle product. I used this oil a few years ago and resulted in acne on my face. A few months ago, I stumbled across people's raves about this and decided to try my chances again. During the few weeks that I used this oil every day, I kept having new acne, but decided to use it only because there were a few reviews on here that say that they had initial breakouts, but after they endured this period, they had smooth gorgeous skin. I listened to them hoping that my skin situation would be like theirs. Another reason I stayed with this oil is that it controlled my horribly extra duper oily skin. Believe me, before using this oil, oil would be accumulating and almost dripping down from the corner of my nose within one hour. After this oil, my oily skin like no other turned into a normal person's oiliness, a result that I am quite fond of. During these weeks, I primarily stayed at home with poor lighting, and when I saw myself in the mirror, I thought that the severity of my breakouts were endurable. It was the 3rd week when I saw my face in the mirror in my car that I was flabbergasted. My skin was red due to the cystic acne it caused (when I normally have acne, I never have cystic ones) and the texture was just depressing because almost every single pore was clogged. It took me over one month to repair the damage that this oil has caused. I tried repairing it with maracuja oil (okay oil), babassu oil (acne causer!!), and tamanu oil (acne caused so cannot use on entire face; only use on pimples). Buttt! I have found my holy grail oil now and it is something you can find in the oil section in your typical grocery store. Dun dun dun dunnnn....grapeseed oil!! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I'm on the fence about whether I would repurchase this.

First off, my skin is acne-prone. This gets points for not breaking it out.

Price is good.

It is green and all natural, so points for those characteristics as well.

It also is great that I can use it on my lips and on my eyes since it's so gentle and won't sting.

Packaging is terrible. I have had so much trouble with the packaging. It leaks everywhere if you ever put it in a drawer where it could fall over.

Performance is just so-so. I have to blot with a paper towel once I apply or else there will be a lot of transfer on my sheets. This is a hassle that I don't have to deal with when I just put on my night cream. Also, when I wake up, my skin is moisturized, but it doesn't look plump and glowy like it does when I use my Merlot moisturizer (only $20).

I do use it as a carrier oil sometimes with my tea trea oil to cover the menstrual blemishes, but most times it's more of a hassle than anything. I probably won't repurchase for the performance reasons, but this is definitely one of the items that I wish there were a "Maybe" button.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by emysiu

Whoa, my face broke out within a night of using trying this as a moisturizer. I've decided that I can only use this as a makeup remover or to rub into my hair. It does both just fine. It helps moisturize and keep the ends of my hair soft and takes off my makeup. However, I was really hoping that it could be the wonderful moisturizer that everyone here raves about, but for me, I'm sticking to my Ponds Crema S.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybe this is good for dry skin, but I wouldn't take the risk with oily skin. I believed all that hype about treating oily skin with oil so the skin doesn't go on overdrive and blah blah. And yes, I know this is the closest mimic to human oil. But it did break me out. That whole theory of tricking the skin into thinking this is the skin's natural oils so oily skin is regulated just didn't work for me. For me, oil is just not good for my skin period.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jrobsf

This is a review for jojoba oil, no particular brand. It's cross-posted with my review of Cetaphil.

I do love this stuff. It's a key component in my double cleanse OCM regimen (miracle!):

1) Massage a tablespoon (or a little more) of jojoba oil with fingers into skin
2) Massage a tiny bit of water and a pump of the Cetaphil *Daily* Cleanser over the jojoba oil (it'll be a creamy, not runny, consistency)*
3) Thoroughly rinse and pat skin dry with a towel.
4) Exfoliate a couple of times a week. I'm using a honey aspirin mask (

This has almost completely cured my stubborn adult acne, particularly the hormonal cystic acne on my neck and jawline that I never thought would go away.

Jojoba oil is a bit expensive and it often runs out the bottle too quickly. For ease of use, I transfer mine to a smaller bottle with a smaller opening.

(*Don't make the mistake of buying the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It lacks the castor oil that I think is what makes Daily Cleanser work so well.)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by avel

I think this product great for its price point. It's very moisturizing and doesn't clog your pores. I use this at night and when I wake up in the morning, my skin feels soft and refreshing. I used the Josie Maran argan oil before this and I can't really tell the difference. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jpando

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted this to work for me (dry skin, acne-prone), and it was great for a few days...then made me break out.

Update 11/1/13: So I raised the stars on this product after trying it again. I like it for oil cleansing but can't apply it afterwards as a moisturizer. Still looking for an HG oil, but this is not bad and breaks me out less than mineral oil did.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Been using this every night for about a month now and I say this is the best moisturizer I used. Im suffering from PCOS and I get cystic pimples every now and then. Though Im already taking up supplements to help correct my hormonal imbalance issue, yet pimples show up every now and then. Im still using the products that my dermatologist recommended but I use this in conjunction. The oil mimics the skin's natural moisture so it tends to not to produce too much oil, the result is balanced skin. This also helps de-clog the pores. Im glad that I came across this product and will definitely re-purchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Nikz90

Hey there its my first review at this site!:) So here i go
First of all i must say this oil is so so so much AMAZING i cant even describe it in words i love this product i will continue to use it for as long as i live!:)

Seriously im in love with this product! It has made my hair so amazingly soft and my hair fall has finally gotten in control that my hair cant live without them! My hair are thin and straight but they were so dry i cant go anywhere without straightening and my hair damage increased after straigtening i used alot of oils almond, olives, coconut everthing u name it bt my hair fall didnt stop i then used vit tablets to stop hair fall bt again no affect finally i found this prouduct online and i ordered it since its nt avaliable in my country and after using it once i can feel the difference in my hair and got compliments from my friends that my hairs have gotten more volume n everyone in my household started using this n my bottle finished in no time!:/ then i have to wait for it a long time for order to arrive n this time i ordered more than one bottle so that it can last for a year at least the only problem is that i cant find this in my country n it costs me alot to order this with the shipment n all and it only comes in small bottle which i dont like since it finishes quickly

It is an amazing superb product my HG oil nt only for hair bt can be used for whole body!:) esp for dry skin it can do wonders for dry skin my sister used it once and she is amazed by its result!:) if u buy this product u will definetly buy this thing again and again just like me!:D