October 25, 2014 | 1742 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by thisisnothollywood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is okay on the body but not on the face, it broke me out and gave me not only zits but also whiteheads and blackheads as well....
I wont use this on my face again. I have tried it a couple of times and its always broken me ou.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Of course I'd buy this again!!

Never used to believe in using any "oils" for skincare BUT thanks to MUA, i discovered my HG night time moisturizer!

Bought this from Whole Foods more than a year ago, keeps my skin supple & acne free!

Reasonably priced as well. Highly recommended! Go try! Xoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by belladodie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't buy this brand of jojoba oil, but I use another brand of organic jojoba oil regularly. It's a wonderful makeup remover. I use Blinc mascara, which I remove with warm water, then wipe off any remaining make up with jojoba oil. I also use it as a component of a body oil blend. Jojoba alone is not moisturizing enough, but I find that using it as 1/3 of an oil blend will add to the absorbency of the blend. It keeps it from being greasy. A favorite combo is 1/3 almond,1/3 jojoba, 1/3 rich oil such as macadamia. I vary essential oils per my mood, but add around 10 drops per ounce, to give a light smelling oil, and use this right after I towel dry when my skin is still moist. My skin is much softer than when I was using lotions. It's like an expensive spa product for very little money. I would never go back to lotions.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is very acne-prone. I'm just one of those people who easily get convinced that if a majority of people used it and liked it then maybe it will definitely work on my skin. My pores get clogged easily, especially with my oily skin. I decided to buy this Jojoba oil in to hoping my oiliness would reduce and I would have clearer skin. Boy was I wrong. I applied this for a few days at night time. Every morning I wake up to find a disgusting white pus filled pimple on my face. I knew that the more I used this product the more of those white pus filled pimples I would get. In order for me to not waste my money on this; I'm going to be using this product on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had trouble finding a good moisturizer in the drugstore that would soothe my sensitive combo skin without making it oily or feeling too heavy and greasy. After reading up about the OCM method and learning about Jojoba oil, I decided to pick this up. I'm really glad I did - it eases the dryness and sinks into my skin. Any dry flake patches of skin are gone within a day and it doesn't break me out, which most moisturizers tend to do. Sometimes I also use this as a pre-cleanse to take off all my makeup. My only gripe with the product is that it is a little too heavy for daytime use as I find it makes my makeup look a little too shiny for my liking. Because of this, I mainly use it before bed if my skin is feeling parched. I'm in no rush to repurchase but I'm sure I would miss it if I ever ran out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by hellohello0o0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because of all these amazing reviews, I thought jojoba oil was a miracle product. I used this oil a few years ago and resulted in acne on my face. A few months ago, I stumbled across people's raves about this and decided to try my chances again. During the few weeks that I used this oil every day, I kept having new acne, but decided to use it only because there were a few reviews on here that say that they had initial breakouts, but after they endured this period, they had smooth gorgeous skin. I listened to them hoping that my skin situation would be like theirs. Another reason I stayed with this oil is that it controlled my horribly extra duper oily skin. Believe me, before using this oil, oil would be accumulating and almost dripping down from the corner of my nose within one hour. After this oil, my oily skin like no other turned into a normal person's oiliness, a result that I am quite fond of. During these weeks, I primarily stayed at home with poor lighting, and when I saw myself in the mirror, I thought that the severity of my breakouts were endurable. It was the 3rd week when I saw my face in the mirror in my car that I was flabbergasted. My skin was red due to the cystic acne it caused (when I normally have acne, I never have cystic ones) and the texture was just depressing because almost every single pore was clogged. It took me over one month to repair the damage that this oil has caused. I tried repairing it with maracuja oil (okay oil), babassu oil (acne causer!!), and tamanu oil (acne caused so cannot use on entire face; only use on pimples). Buttt! I have found my holy grail oil now and it is something you can find in the oil section in your typical grocery store. Dun dun dun dunnnn....grapeseed oil!! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I'm on the fence about whether I would repurchase this.

First off, my skin is acne-prone. This gets points for not breaking it out.

Price is good.

It is green and all natural, so points for those characteristics as well.

It also is great that I can use it on my lips and on my eyes since it's so gentle and won't sting.

Packaging is terrible. I have had so much trouble with the packaging. It leaks everywhere if you ever put it in a drawer where it could fall over.

Performance is just so-so. I have to blot with a paper towel once I apply or else there will be a lot of transfer on my sheets. This is a hassle that I don't have to deal with when I just put on my night cream. Also, when I wake up, my skin is moisturized, but it doesn't look plump and glowy like it does when I use my Merlot moisturizer (only $20).

I do use it as a carrier oil sometimes with my tea trea oil to cover the menstrual blemishes, but most times it's more of a hassle than anything. I probably won't repurchase for the performance reasons, but this is definitely one of the items that I wish there were a "Maybe" button.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by emysiu

Whoa, my face broke out within a night of using trying this as a moisturizer. I've decided that I can only use this as a makeup remover or to rub into my hair. It does both just fine. It helps moisturize and keep the ends of my hair soft and takes off my makeup. However, I was really hoping that it could be the wonderful moisturizer that everyone here raves about, but for me, I'm sticking to my Ponds Crema S.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybe this is good for dry skin, but I wouldn't take the risk with oily skin. I believed all that hype about treating oily skin with oil so the skin doesn't go on overdrive and blah blah. And yes, I know this is the closest mimic to human oil. But it did break me out. That whole theory of tricking the skin into thinking this is the skin's natural oils so oily skin is regulated just didn't work for me. For me, oil is just not good for my skin period.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jrobsf

This is a review for jojoba oil, no particular brand. It's cross-posted with my review of Cetaphil.

I do love this stuff. It's a key component in my double cleanse OCM regimen (miracle!):

1) Massage a tablespoon (or a little more) of jojoba oil with fingers into skin
2) Massage a tiny bit of water and a pump of the Cetaphil *Daily* Cleanser over the jojoba oil (it'll be a creamy, not runny, consistency)*
3) Thoroughly rinse and pat skin dry with a towel.
4) Exfoliate a couple of times a week. I'm using a honey aspirin mask (

This has almost completely cured my stubborn adult acne, particularly the hormonal cystic acne on my neck and jawline that I never thought would go away.

Jojoba oil is a bit expensive and it often runs out the bottle too quickly. For ease of use, I transfer mine to a smaller bottle with a smaller opening.

(*Don't make the mistake of buying the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It lacks the castor oil that I think is what makes Daily Cleanser work so well.)