August 31, 2014 | 951 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybe this is good for dry skin, but I wouldn't take the risk with oily skin. I believed all that hype about treating oily skin with oil so the skin doesn't go on overdrive and blah blah. And yes, I know this is the closest mimic to human oil. But it did break me out. That whole theory of tricking the skin into thinking this is the skin's natural oils so oily skin is regulated just didn't work for me. For me, oil is just not good for my skin period.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jrobsf

This is a review for jojoba oil, no particular brand. It's cross-posted with my review of Cetaphil.

I do love this stuff. It's a key component in my double cleanse OCM regimen (miracle!):

1) Massage a tablespoon (or a little more) of jojoba oil with fingers into skin
2) Massage a tiny bit of water and a pump of the Cetaphil *Daily* Cleanser over the jojoba oil (it'll be a creamy, not runny, consistency)*
3) Thoroughly rinse and pat skin dry with a towel.
4) Exfoliate a couple of times a week. I'm using a honey aspirin mask (

This has almost completely cured my stubborn adult acne, particularly the hormonal cystic acne on my neck and jawline that I never thought would go away.

Jojoba oil is a bit expensive and it often runs out the bottle too quickly. For ease of use, I transfer mine to a smaller bottle with a smaller opening.

(*Don't make the mistake of buying the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It lacks the castor oil that I think is what makes Daily Cleanser work so well.)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by avel

I think this product great for its price point. It's very moisturizing and doesn't clog your pores. I use this at night and when I wake up in the morning, my skin feels soft and refreshing. I used the Josie Maran argan oil before this and I can't really tell the difference. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jpando

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted this to work for me (dry skin, acne-prone), and it was great for a few days...then made me break out.

Update 11/1/13: So I raised the stars on this product after trying it again. I like it for oil cleansing but can't apply it afterwards as a moisturizer. Still looking for an HG oil, but this is not bad and breaks me out less than mineral oil did.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Been using this every night for about a month now and I say this is the best moisturizer I used. Im suffering from PCOS and I get cystic pimples every now and then. Though Im already taking up supplements to help correct my hormonal imbalance issue, yet pimples show up every now and then. Im still using the products that my dermatologist recommended but I use this in conjunction. The oil mimics the skin's natural moisture so it tends to not to produce too much oil, the result is balanced skin. This also helps de-clog the pores. Im glad that I came across this product and will definitely re-purchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Nikz90

Hey there its my first review at this site!:) So here i go
First of all i must say this oil is so so so much AMAZING i cant even describe it in words i love this product i will continue to use it for as long as i live!:)

Seriously im in love with this product! It has made my hair so amazingly soft and my hair fall has finally gotten in control that my hair cant live without them! My hair are thin and straight but they were so dry i cant go anywhere without straightening and my hair damage increased after straigtening i used alot of oils almond, olives, coconut everthing u name it bt my hair fall didnt stop i then used vit tablets to stop hair fall bt again no affect finally i found this prouduct online and i ordered it since its nt avaliable in my country and after using it once i can feel the difference in my hair and got compliments from my friends that my hairs have gotten more volume n everyone in my household started using this n my bottle finished in no time!:/ then i have to wait for it a long time for order to arrive n this time i ordered more than one bottle so that it can last for a year at least the only problem is that i cant find this in my country n it costs me alot to order this with the shipment n all and it only comes in small bottle which i dont like since it finishes quickly

It is an amazing superb product my HG oil nt only for hair bt can be used for whole body!:) esp for dry skin it can do wonders for dry skin my sister used it once and she is amazed by its result!:) if u buy this product u will definetly buy this thing again and again just like me!:D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by AGDMR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont know verite cleansing lotion,pure rose water or jojoba or all make my skin perfect.but guess jojoba.on nose be careful because gives black pots

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I use a splash of this in my homemade oil cleanser. I started to use it on its own as a facial moisturizer but it was a bit too greasy for me...not my face, but it would seep into my hair and cause my hairline to turn greasy real fast. I love it as a body moisturizer, but it's too costly to use it regularly in that manner.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

Welcome to zit city! I use a few drops as a moisturizer because I read of its non pore clogging skin softening reviews all over the place. I was so happy the first few days. My skin was so dewey and moiste! Then the nightmare came. Zit city all over my face even on my eye balls !!!! you read it right ! in the corner of my eyes and it clogged my eye lash roots as well. I decided to stop to see if something else could be the culprit. My skin cleared ! I started using jojoba oil again, and I was welcome back to ZIT CITY again. I stopped using jojoba completely on my face. I only use the left over as a hand lotion. I find safflower oil works just as well to moisten my skin without clogging pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

I am on my second bottle. I have extremely sensitive and dry eyes, and this doesn't irritate my eyes much when I use it as a eye make-up remover. Excellent all-in-one makeup remover, great for short trips. However, the packaging isn't the best, so if you bring the whole bottle for short trips, it might spill. What I do is, I use a smaller, more secure bottle. :)