November 26, 2014 | 1591 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

I actually have about 5 containers of this (I stocked up because I saw they were on sale from 12$ to 7$). I wear 3 shades throughout the year as I get paler/tanner. I use it on an everyday basic because it is a good foundation, it's inexpensive and it's got really good coverage. It's not the **BEST** foundation I've ever used, but those better foundations do cost about 3x as much and since foundation is a daily thing for me, I use this regularly for work and school and save my expensive ones for going out or certain events. Very good, if you need a foundation you should definitely buy this one. I set it with either the mac studio fix or prep and prime powder, and don't wear primer with it (I don't use primer for regular days) and the coverage lasts all day and it's good.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by samloveshk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great coverage! Can get cakey, be carefule putting on a second layer. The makeup stays on me on a typical 8hour work day. Accidently bought the normal to dry skin instead of for oily skin so I still have to blot numerous times throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by sleepypup101

Skin type: warm undertone, oily with some dry patches, acne prone.

Pros
- the only product I've used that doesn't smudge / transfer to my glasses

Cons
-made me breakout ( used it for about 5 times w/in 2 weeks)
-colour I bought was too pink/ cool tone( not sure if all the shades leans to pink undertone)
-no pump
-clings to dry patches

Can't remember the shade I've bought because I've already thrown it away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by plumful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using this when I was in high school, and I used to love it.

I repurchased it recently and I cannot stand it.

I have acne-prone oily combination skin and this clings to my dry patches like no other. It feels heavy and mask-like, and it smells like paint.

Obviously it's really popular, and loads of people love it, but as much as I want to love it, it just doesn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by SaraxD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first tried this product, I HATED it. It looked like it had zero coverage and seemed to give me a greycast.
Well, I used it today, and I actually really liked how it looked when applied with my Beauty Blender knockoff. I also used ELF's setting spray to make sure it didn't look cakey. It covered well, looked natural, and felt nice.
Well, now I have 2 new cystic spots. No idea if it's this foundation, but they popped up right after removing it, so I'm calling it quits. If I continue to break out after I stop using it, then I will change my review. For now, I absolutely hate this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Was looking for a cheaper and BETTER substitute for my MUFE HD foundation, I think I may have just found my new everyday foundation.

My MUFE wasn't looking so good anymore: sliding off, accentuating large pores and dry skin areas .. I read some reviews about colorstay here (thank you everyone) and decided to give it a shot although I was really reluctant- my skin is verrrry acne prone and recently I have been going through a breakout

Pros:
-It's been 5 days of wearing colorstay and i swear it has actually HELPED my acne. My skin is looking really good.
-I don't have to use powder to set it
-It really does last all day (and even in the shower)
-It comes off easily with makeup removing wipes and my proactiv scrub
-It's inexpensive and readily available
-Color matches really well (I use buff in MUFE i was 115/117)

Cons:
-No pump! And I like pumps for hygienic reasons. But apparently there is a new one out with a pump.... maybe they just don't have it Canada yet?
-It does smell like paint when it first comes out of the bottle, but that goes away pretty quickly
-It can look a bit cakey/un-natural.... so far I've been applying it with a stippling brush so maybe its just the application technique I'm using. I need to experiment more with this.

In short, while I love the look of MUFE when it FIRST goes on, Colorstay beats HD because it lasts more than a couple hours, doesn't require powder, won't break my bank, and seems to help clear up my skin.

Will update after a month or two…

EDIT:
I stopped using this makeup because it clogged my pores. It didn't give me cystic acne or anything major just annoying clogged pores on my cheeks (i never break out there unless I'm having a reaction to something). Also, it accentuated the pores on my nose- because they were clogged . I had to use two makeup wipes at night to make sure everything was off before I went to bed- and I was never convinced that I got it all off.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love, love, love. I was a longtime Bobbi Brown girl, but her current formulations are truly awful. I looked for a new foundation for about a month (!) and finally settled on this. Revlon Sand Beige is very close to BB Beige 3, which is the main reason I bought it. I've worn it for a week now, and have more reasons to love it. Application is very smooth and easy, and it's very natural looking. It STAYS PUT, but is easy to remove with my cleansing oil. I used a baby wipe one night and got nearly all of it off, to my surprise. But my new favorite thing this foundation is its freakishly awesome mattifying powers. Even though I have the normal-dry formulation, I never have the oil slick situation I've had with Bobbi and the other foundations I've recently tried. I even quit using my Ben Nye face powder. This stuff is darn near perfect, except for the bottle. Add a pump and I'd give it a solid 5 stars.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by lolita97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

broke me out a lot and looked cakey. its also difficult to remove.This product would be great for someone with oily, smooth skin (as in no bumps, large pores, etc) On the smooth parts of my face it looked good but on the parts with acne scars or a few bumps it looked cakey and made them obvious. :( it also didnt cover my redness well unless i layered it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I bought this to replace my MAC studio fix foundation that I realized was breaking me out. I have the combo/oily version (I tried the normal skin version and found that the colour was darker so I returned it.. although I wish I could've tried it). This has medium buildable coverage. It can get super cakey if you apply a lot.. I've done that and it just looks bad. You can also apply it with a beauty blender or damp brush for a more natural finish. It's long wearing and doesn't transfer - 2 big things. I also like to mix it with other foundations to make them more long wearing. Great foundation & I will continue to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by smbush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know everybody raves about this foundation, but...I HATED this! I have bad acne scars (but not too much acne anymore) in one area of my face and I was breaking out again badly after one day. Stopped using it then. I can't bring myself to throw it away because it was $13, but I really should. I used very little, except in my scar area, and felt so awkward all day because my face looked like I had put full pancake on. It caked almost from the second I put it on my face and was nearly impossible to blend. Most of the time foundation slides all over my face because my skin is so oily. I will say that the color selection was wonderful, but I can find my shade (usually natural ivory in winter) in many other foundations so I see no need to EVER repurchase this. I should say that I tried the oil free version, and after five hours my skin was an oil slick again. It looked just like I had spilled oil over pancake makeup. It also seemed to bring out all the red and yellow undertones in my face, and my scars were still visible. BB creams have better coverage then this.
I know I am ranting, but $13 is a lot for me to spend on makeup. Feels like I just threw it in the garbage.