October 25, 2014 | 1714 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kuur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this on sale at CVS for around $6. This isn't much like a concealer, but more of a tinted moisturizer. It makes my skin feel moisturized and soft, and the smell is good too. I accidentally dispense too much so some of it goes to waste. It also fixes my concealer which is too dark. so thats a plus. I would only repurchase if it is on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by EmmaLouise18

This foundation was on clearance at Ulta for around 6 dollars, which was one of the reasons I bought it. When I got to my car and swatched a little on my hand, it actually shimmered in the light! That is all moot for me though because I got this to layer under my Bare Minerals foundation that was just a little too dark. I rather like it though. It has a very pleasant smell that lingers for maybe half an hour after application. By the time I get to class the smell has usually faded. It has a sanitary dispenser which is good for my acne prone skin. I also like the fact that it is light enough that I don't feel it on my skin, yet I can still see a little bit of coverage. It has yet to cause any irritation to my skin. Still, it can cake up around my chin and around my nose. I wouldn't pay full price for this product again I don't think.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

Got it as a sample. Matched my skin tone very well. I don't have very bad skin, some redness and blemishes from hormonal issues. It covered it decently and with my concealer worked quite well. The only problem is that it makes my skin very oily, within the first 2 hours. I also had to blot throughout the day every couple of hours. It does look very nice but for my skin just didn't work well. I have combo skin, but it is not typically that oily naturally. It may work for you if you have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by xXVampirePrincessXx

My favorite foundation is the Covergirl Natureluxe Silk Foundation. It's a really nice, silk feeling, good smell, medium-full coverage foundation. It contains a touch of cucumber water and a hint of jojoba and rose hip extracts. I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk Stippling Brush, and my face appears flawless. :) It's the one foundation that I was willing to purchase again. It costs around $9-$10 at drugstores. I would definitely recommend trying it out. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Mikkishea19

This is more of a tinted moisturizer to me rather than a foundation. It feels very lightweight on the face and I absolutely love it for school days when I just want a little coverage, and to not look like i'm wearing so much makeup. When blended with my sigma f80 brush, you can't even tell I'm wearing makeup. Got this for 50% off clearance at my CVS last week so I don't know if it is being discontinued, but overall it's a good lazy day foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by bobitarocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While the smell of this product wasn't great, it didn't bother me as much as it did some other reviewers. My problem with this foundation was that it just didn't do much--it was a very thin formula and barely showed up on my face. It also made my skin feel itchy and irritated after a few days of use. All in all, it doesn't seem worth the hype nor the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Wonderless07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is perfect for me ( I have oily/combination skin). The product itself feels so silky and it glides on so smoothly when applied to your face. Once I finish applying it my face looks so matte that sometimes I don't even apply a powder over it to set it! The coverage is amazing and is build able without looking to cakey. Lasts me about 7 hours without touch ups. I never have to use a primer with this product because it already has a matte finish. As for the packaging it is the same as one that would come for a tinted moisturizer. I love the packaging because I can control the amount I squeeze out and it's not messy at all. Overall, I am very pleased with this product and will be using this for a very long time! My skin is fair-medium and 320 in this product is a perfect match! (No undertones of shimmer)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Mary79

This foundation spread smoothly and seamlessly into my skin. It felt quite silky and my skin initially looked quite flawless. The light scent is a little strange as I expect my foundations to smell neutral but I wasn't offended. The staying power of this foundation is very poor unfortunately. By the end of my eight hour work day it appeared as though the foundation was was swimming on top of my skin in a layer of oil. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by purploscity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is nothing revolutionary, but it does have a very lightweight feel, decent coverage, and smells nice. However, I find that up close on the skin it looks somewhat chalky and uneven. It also clings to dry skin and rough patches and acne in a very obvious way, and looks disgusting.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by demureninja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was excited to try this foundation because I love the packaging (an easy-to-squeeze lightweight plastic tube vs. a clunky glass jar? No brainer!), and there was a decent variety of shades to choose from. I went with Bamboo, and while it was a tad dark for my medium-light skin, it blended really nicely. The consistency is a bit watery, but blends well and has pretty decent coverage. Here's the deal-breaker for me--after 2 days of use, the product made my skin extremely red, dry, and irritated, to the point that it looked like I had a rash on my face! A bummer, since color, consistency, and packaging were pretty stellar. Not sure what ingredient in this made my face freak out, but I've stopped using it and my skin has definitely calmed down, so I won't be using this again.