July 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Awesome product

Pros:
    - Lightweight
    - Natural Satin Finish
    - Not greasy
    - medium to light coverage

Cons
    - Maybe the smell can bother ppl

Good for: If you just want something that can possibly even out skintone in a natural and light way, this is for you.

Not for: People looking for heavy coverage or a dewy look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by madisonlovesmakeup

This was the first foundation I've tried, and I'm loving it. The shade Alabaster is perfect for me. It's lightweight and lasts all day, and has a natural satin finish. I apply with either my fingers or a foundation brush. It doesn't break me out, which is awesome for my sensitive skin. Will repurchase (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by fihe

this foundation is pretty good. I like how it has light coverage and can be applied with the fingers or with a damp flat, stippling, or flat-top brush. it does have a fragrance but it's not strong like some of Cover Girl's other items with the Noxzema scent. the squeeze tube is sanitary and easy to use. I use the shade Flax, which appears to be the correct depth but is a little too pink. I've tried Alabaster but that is too light and pink on me; Flax looks better. I resent that many of Cover Girl's foundations run too pink, but I make this foundation work for me. I took off a lippie for the colors, but it is otherwise quite a good makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since I just repurchased this yesterday and had been using my first tube off and on for the past 9-12months I figured it was high time I wrote a review on it :)
    I've recently been all about natural looking foundations/powders and this fits the bill completely. Thanks to the helpful boards I've finally gotten my oily, acne/clog-prone skin under control and no longer need a super full-coverage foundation on a daily basis, I've been just looking for products to cover my jumbo sized pores and overall even me out.
    For reference I have fair, warm, 30 yr old skin (MAC NC15), and the 2nd lightest shade (Flax) is the closest match to my natural skin color that any foundation has ever come.
    This foundation is the best "natural" looking foundation I've ever tried. It really appears that I have nothing on my skin when I wear this, even though it does cover every minor flaw, which is just huge for me. It also doesn't accentuate any dry patches now that the weather is beginning to change, it also doesn't oxidize, not even in the humid summer weather. But I did need to make sure I set it with powder in the summer or I found it would become a little too natural/dewy looking. -Having oily skin I have that problem with many fndtns though so it's really no biggie, and I'd probably set it with powder anyway just out of habit Lol ;)
    I also love the squeeze tube packaging -Not having to carefully pour my foundation out of a clunky bottle or stick my fingers in a pot is definately a plus. My picky skin has also had no issues with breakouts, clogged pores, or blackheads from this foundation which is another plus.
    Overall, CoverGirl has really impressed me lately! For several years I quit even looking in CG's direction at any drugstore..I had so many fails with them, whether it was breakouts, oxidizing, no color match, or no staying power, I became frustrated and quit wasting my money. I started looking at CG cosmetics again right around the time this Natureluxe line came out, and now, along with this I have several CG products that have become absolute must haves in my collection!
    I highly reccomend this, even if you're someone who prefers full-coverage foundations, it's still nice to have a light-coverage one for those "no makeup while wearing makeup" days, and those of you who prefer light or natural coverage, then this is a definate must have. I've already repurchased once now and plan to continue :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by McCarthyx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very, very oily skin. I used to wear this to school and it oxidized on me and made me look orange when I used the lightest shade, Alabaster. It was really pink and very light coverage, which doesn't bother me too much. I don't use this anymore though. The smell is really good, but if it turns you orange who cares about how good it smells. My friend even asked if I wear cover-up. Not a good thing..Now I use Revlon Colorstay, which is a million times better and Revlon doesn't test on animals like Covergirl does.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by AppleBlossom012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay if you have any sort of dry skin I can imagine how this foundation would work wonders for you. I on the other hand, have an extremely oily T-zone with normal cheeks. After a few minutes, my face felt gross and uncomfortable. I immediately wanted to take it off.The coverage is nice- light, but buildable. It gives skin a healthy look (perfects imperfections but has a "my skin, but better" quality). OILY SKINS JUST BEWARE. You won't want to do anything but wipe it off :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Isobelbabe

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation. Somedays it completely makes my skin glow and look flawless and other days it irritates my skin. I'm not buying this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Blondie0907

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really didn't care for this foundation. I tend to go for foundations with a little more coverage, this reminded me of a tinted moisturizer. The coverage is very sheer and even with setting with a powder it made my face pretty shiny only a couple hours after putting it on. For the packaging, it's pretty cute and easy to just squeeze out the right amount that you need. But I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin or if you want any coverage..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This foundation is not good. The staying power is horrible, even with primer. It makes my face so so so greasy it's disgusting. It hardly has any coverage as well and feels so sticky.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was so pleasantly surprised by this foundation!!!!! I bought it on a whim, and because the packaging is adorable. My acne scars are almost non existent since starting my skin care regimen, so I've been looking for something with sheer coverage but will still even out my skin tone. Not to mention, my whole body is dark, but my face and neck manage to stay 100 times lighter (annoying), and I didn't want to look like a ghost. I'd recently been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum, but it is so heavy, and looks masky!!!! I'll still use it for photo shoots and going out, but NatureLuxe is my new hg!!! It evens out my skin tone and looks liek a second skin. It feels like I'm wearing nothing, and looks like I'm wearing nothing. I haven't even used primer with it, and it doesn't accentuate pores, transfer, or melt off my face. The lasting power with no powder over it, for me, is about 8 hours. The only two complaints I have are these: It can look blotchy if applied certain ways, but that's what tutorials and different tools for application are for; and the packing- Though adorable and sanitary- makes it hard to tell when product is running out. Other than that, I'm in love, I use shade 360 (nutmeg), it is a tad red for my olive, yellow undertoned skin, but you can hardly tell unless I point it out. I've yet to find a perfect match HE or LE, but, hey, this is a reallllly close back for only about $10. Very pleased with Cover Girl, which is rare, will continue to repurchase for as long as Nature Luxe is around. =]