April 19, 2014 | 1049 users online

Liquid - E.L.F. - Flawless Finish Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by geraldin13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have this foundation in 'Sand' it was a bit dark for my skin tone,but have a great coverage and consistency. the smell its okay and the packaging its great,love the pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by janeyeyre

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has become my favorite foundation ever! I'm 'of an age' at which most foundations are settling into my pores or slipping off my face or looking too matte (sigh, I remember being young when my only goal was matte skin....).
Porcelain, with its yellow undertones, turned out to be the perfect color for me. And, at the end of the day, when I'm exhausted, I can look in the mirror and my makeup is still perfect--like I just put it on! Dang--it makes me feel revived to see my face looking refreshed! And for only $6!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Mosmakeuplover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm 14 and this is my first foundation and I love it! It has about medium coverage and feels very lightweight on the skin. This foundation probably won't work for oily skin because it has a dewy finish, but if you have normal to dry skin like me this will work for you! I don't like applying this with a foundation brush though,I find that this blends best when you warm it up between your hands and apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ch4n

ELF did it again.
It's dirt cheap and it sounds risky to put something that cheap onto your face,no?
Like there's a horror of dangerous and fishy ingredients they might put into the bottle so they could get some profit and selling stuff.
But heck I'm sold to this foundation.Particularly since I bought it with no expectation but I did expect that the shade would go off, the texture would be terrible, but I was proven wrong.
It's creamy, almost like asian BB cream [tad more liquid than skin79 BB cream, but same texture & consistency], glides like heaven, takes tiny bit of time to let it well-blended & absorbed before I end up with dewy, beautiful, flawless skin.
I tried MAC [cakey,blotchy,drying,etc],UD,Stila, but this by far beats them all.
This came with a 'fortune cookie' pump.One day it works perfectly, the other day it doesn't. But other than that, the bottle is quite a steal.I like the pump and how it prevents spilling and keeping germs at bay.
I got this on #Sand, and wow. It's just the right shade for me [I'm NC25/3.0 for reference].
Doesn't break/clog me until now, just need an extra work with setting powder, and this baby has done wonder for my skin.Yes it smells weird,powdery, but I kinda like it,lol.
well done, ELF!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

While I love E.L.F products, this one defintely wasn't for me. I'm very pale so I chose the lightest shade, Porcelain. They have a very limited shade selection, so it may be difficult to match.
Wow, was this an orange mess. It oxidized within hours and I looked like an oompa loompa. There wasn't much as far as coverage goes either. What a shame, it was cheap and had such nice packaging. A $6 foundation with a pump?! Can't find that with other more expensive foundations.
If you have a darker complexion with few skin issues, go ahead and give this foundation a try. It's cheap, so it won't be a major loss if it doesn't work. It didn't cake on me and went on pretty nice. It's just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by BattyBetty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After being sorely let down by my foray into the world of mineral powders, I decided to venture back into the tried and true world of liquid foundation.

First and foremost, I am vegan and so I am more limited than most as to which products I can use. Luckily, e.l.f is VEGAN.

Secondly, it's a cheap drugstore product. And by cheap, I mean cheap. I bought this foundation for a dollar at Target. There are Targets everywhere so not only do I not have to pay an exorbitant sum of money for vanity's sake, I'm also spared the drudgery of making the drive down to my "nearest" fancy pants beauty salon. Win.

Third, it covers like a motherf***er. Most liquid foundations I've used have been this crappy sheer junk that isn't even worth putting on your face, much less paying money for. This stuff actually does its job.

It tends to be a little bit drying when applied solo, but considering I use moisturizer and primer beforehand I never have any trouble with it. After I apply it, it sort of looks shiny and feels a little bit weird. I apply a translucent setting powder to the top and the shine is gone-plus the foundation sticks to my face for quite a long time.

I know some folks are complaining about the scent, but I actually like it. I actually enjoy sniffing the product when I squirt it on the back of my hand, and my SO compliments me on the smell when they get close to my face. Ooh la la!

I also like the shades they have. Most foundations have this sickly looking pink undertone that doesn't match my face, and then my hair looks really ugly and my face doesn't match my neck. This is light enough for my fair skin and also comes in a yellowish undertone that looks way more natural on me.

All in all, this is a fantastic product and the only thing I wish was different was that it sort of makes me break out if I don't remove it right after I get off of work, or if I wear it 7 days in a row. I need to give my face a chance to breathe after wearing this.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by glvazquez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing foundation for less than one tenth the price of department store products of the same quality. I bought four bottles in "Buff' in case they discontinue it. It leaves a dewy finish so those with oily skin should look elsewhere

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Alexxithymiaa

I have such trouble with finding a cheap foundation, with good coverage, and that matches my skin tone. I was scared that this was going to be a good foundation because E.L.F products are usually hit and miss, but this product offers great coverage, and doesn't look cakey. I bought the lightest color and it matches my skin perfectly. It does make my skin look shiney, but that is easily fixed with a little bit of powder! Overall I really like this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by smilejosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does its job it cover really well for the price if your willing to torture your skin.I was surprised by how well it coved that i didn't need a counsealer unfortunately it makes me break out like crazy :( So its a good consealer for the mega poor but be ready for horrible skin the next day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was intrigued by this foundation after reading the reviews, and decided to give it a try. I love the packaging, it looks nice and the pump is a nice feature. The foundation itself is a bit heavy and sticky. It covers fairly well, but it is a bit too dewy looking for me. My skin gets oily pretty quickly with this. I do plan to try it again in the winter, when my skin is drier. Maybe I will like it better then, it may be more suited to my skin then. But at this point, I really don't see myself buying this again.