July 30, 2014 | 1837 users online

Liquid - E.L.F. - Flawless Finish Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by carling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I visited my local Macy's MAC counter to finally buy Studio Fix liquid in NC50, which I thought was the MAC shade equivalent to my "Holy Grail" Revlon Colorstay (Caramel); however, I discovered NC50 is too dark. In fact, I could not find any MAC foundation shade that was a perfect match for me like my Revlon, so I settled for a tube of Candy Yum Yum and headed to Meijers.

I couldn't resist taking a peek at Meijers' makeup clearance bins and lo and behold there was a bottle of elf Flawless Finish in Almond for .60 cent. That's right SIXTY CENTS! I had never used elf foundation, but I love their tinted moisturizer (also in Almond), so I gave it a shot. What a tremendous find! This is such a wonderful, medium to full coverage foundation. A little goes a very long way, and unlike my Colorstay, it has a PUMP!

While the elf-almond tinted moisturizer is a match, the elf foundation is a shade lighter than my skin tone, so I use it to highlight under eyes in tandem with my trusty Colorstay (I prefer to highlight with foundation rather than concealer). elf foundation is a hidden gem and I highly recommend it. This product is a bargain at $6, but .60 cents??? It's an absolute steal. Love it! : )

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by lukivo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on the fence with this one. This is the first foundation I've found that matches my weird fair skin-tone! So this was very exciting to me. It glides on beautifully with my studio foundation brush. I finish it off with their high-def powder and my skin looks flawless. I actually get compliments on my skin! But.... I think it breaks me out :( My chin had little to no pimples on it, but wearing this everyday, I started to get quite a few popping up. I've decided to just save this product for special occasions!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by xobronzer

I have acne prone skin and I was worried this foundation would break me out. So I was very nervous to try it! Becuz with elf u just never know some products are crazy good others are a waste of money and might break u out (concler!) . I don't like how oily it feels even though elf claims there's no oil in it. It feels very dewy! Defenatly not using this foundation for summer but its working really good right now for my dry winter skin. I will rebuy but only as my winter foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by shaythejewnius

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only purchase vegan products, so you can imagine how long I've been on the hunt for a non-powder foundation. Being that this foundation is only $6, I decided to give it a shot. Holy crap. I was shocked that I finally found a keeper!

I got nervous at first that the pump was broken because it did take a good 30 pumps before any product finally came out, but it did eventually work. The smell is clean & fresh, the color matched me very well (although they are limited on colors so I can sympathize with those who have had problems finding their shade).

I think what impressed me the most was the consistency. It was so thick that I was able to squeeze a dollop on the back of my hand and then turn my hand upside down, and the foundation still stayed put.

I'd say it's a medium- to full coverage, definitely buildable. I'm so impressed, and never imagined I'd fall in love with a $6 foundation, especially with how hit or miss E.L.F. products usually are. Consider this a HIT.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I paid $6 for this in Target. This foundation comes in a sealed plastic package and the bottle itself is a beautiful high end looking bottle with a pump and a snap on black cap. There is a strong scent, I happen to like it....smells like suntan lotion. If you are sensitive to scents you may not like it because usually any foundation that I have used that was scented I never smelt it after I applied it but with this one every so often throughout the morning when I would turn my head I would get a whiff of it, but by the afternoon I did not smell anything. It does contain an SPF so I'm not sure how this will look in pictures. ELF claims this is an oil free foundation but I'm here to tell you that it's not.... it has mineral oil in it, it's listed in the ingredients, so if that's a problem for you don't even consider it. I applied this with a sponge, it took a little bit of work to blend it into my skin but once blended it's beautiful.. On their website they say it has a semi~matte finish and I totally agree. It leaves your skin looking fresh and vibrant, not dry and not oily. For reference my skin is mature and on the dry side. Coverage is medium but I think you can build this one up with no issues. As for the selection of colors, here is where the problem lies..... there are only 6 shades to choose from. I'm an NW20 and picked this up in the lightest shade which is Porcelain, it has a yellow undertone, I think this would be perfect for an NC15 or NC20. It looks fine on me but I am happier with a foundation that has a pink undertone as apposed to yellow. If only they had a larger selection of colors this would be a huge hit. I must say, this makeup looks just as good right now as it did when I first put it on at around 7 this morning, it is now around 6:30PM. I do have a light dusting of powder on top. All in all this is one great foundation if you can find a good color match and that might be hard seeing they only have the 6 shades to choose from. Let's hope they bring out more. You really have to hand it to ELF, they allow all women who are on a budget or who just don't want to overpay for department store makeup to be able to purchase quality products at a great price point.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by violetbutterfly1629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is actually pretty good for those on a tight budget. Their color selection is not big at all(only 6 choices) so it might be hard for some to find the right color. It does have a scent to it, but once applied it goes away. I personally haven't had any problems with it settling into lines and it last pretty long for me. I have sensitive skin, so I have to be careful with liquid foundations since they make me break out easily. But so far, I haven't had any problems with this one.

Only reason why this recieves a 4 out of 5, is because of lack of color choices and the scent. Again, the scent isn't all that bothersome to me, but I think it cheapens the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Yamiek

I got this product when the site was having 50% off and even $3 was too much for this foundation. I got it in the lightest color but it ended up being orange. This foundation was hard to blend and settled in my fine lines even with a powder and primer. The smell of this is strong but I don't mind it because it goes away after applied. I hated it but my mom seems to love it so I guess it's not for everyone

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ItsMeKaseyG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this while I was on tight budget and needed a foundation that does not animal test. I have always loved e.l.f brand eye make up and brushes so I thought "hey I might love this just as much...and it's cheap!" big mistake. I bought the lightest color and applied with a brush. It was very stickey and dewy (and not in the good way) I put e.l.f matte powder over it and wow the color matched perfectly and my face had never looked so amazing. Cut to an hour and half later and I'm having lunch with my husband and he points out how orange my face looks. So now not only am I orange but I look and it has setteled into all my fine lines and made me look WAY OLDER than 26 when normally I look like I'm 16. I continue to use this product till next payday but after a week I had to stop and just go all natural, because I started to get little pimples and huge red pores all over my face. That hasnt happened since highschool. I'll keep it for emergency, but this is now going to the bottom of the drawer. I'll stick with their eye makeup from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

This is an amazing foundation! I'd never think that e.l.f. would put out such a great foundation. I do enjoy their blushes and setting powders a lot, but I never had much luck with their foundation products. I bought this during their 50% off site wide sale over the summer and I must say I'm pretty impressed with this product.

The packaging is beautiful. It's a frosted glass container with a pump which dispenses the product really well. I cannot complain about the packaging one bit. The price can't be beat. It's regularly $6, but you can always get it on offer for half off, so I'd suggest waiting for a coupon.

The coverage is medium and can be built a little. I wouldn't use too much, because it can get cakey. Coverage is really nice and natural looking. I don't feel like I'm wearing a ton of makeup, even though it comes out of the bottle pretty thick. I need to set this foundation, or else it keeps some of its moisture. The shade range isn't amazing, but I wear the lightest color and it suits me well.

Overall, I'd recommend this foundation for dry/normal skin or as a winter foundation. I don't think this would hold up well in the summer heat and humidity.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by geraldin13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have this foundation in 'Sand' it was a bit dark for my skin tone,but have a great coverage and consistency. the smell its okay and the packaging its great,love the pump.