July 28, 2014 | 2180 users online

Body Scrubs - Fresh - Brown Sugar Body Polish

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2006 1:54:00 PM More reviews by stacybee

The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is because I think it's overpriced.

The actual product I liked very much. It's true that the granules don't stick to your skin very well - I put some on a washcloth or loofah and use that instead of putting directly on the skin. Works much better. If you're prone to oily skin, this probably isn't the best product for you. I loved the oils in it, however, and it made my skin feel soooo soft and smooth. I used it on my face (even though you're probably not supposed to) and I had a nice, healthy glow after I got out of the shower. Normally my winter complexion sans-makeup is sort of corpse-like, so I was very pleased.

I think it smells great, but if you aren't a person who likes lotions and perfumes that smell like food, you will want to avoid this.

I wish the packaging was different - I would prefer a squeeze tube, perhaps, but I don't know how feasible that would be with the thickness of the product. Plus, the oil and the granules tend to separate. In the tub, you can mix a little of both, no problem, but in the tube that would be rather difficult. I don't know what the solution is, but I'm not that fond of the tub.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2005 10:52:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Make it stop!!! A kind Sephora girl was raving about this and she made me a sample. The smell did not bother me until I used the product. The sample made its way so fast to the garbage after that. *tramatized*

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 10:25:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh.What do I hate most about this scrub?I can't even decide.The brown sugar granules require mixing with the essential oils they sit in before you use it,and while they do only a *decent* job of exfoliating they fall off mid-scrub to your shower floor,just waiting for you to slip on them.They're too big to stay in place and do the job.The oils do not rinse away and left me feeling like I was a serving of shrimp scampi,all soaked in butter and the greasy feeling stayed long after my shower.(I know I know,those are the "special healing oils".Whatever.)It left a thick film on my skin and did not come off!HATE,HATE,HATE.And as for the promises of it leaving your skin glowing?Well,it left me red as a lobster from the irritation,and my skin has never been even the least bit sensitive to any product or scrub.What an overpriced hoax.I was stupid enough to pay $62.00 for a simple tub of oil and sugar that didn't even smell that great.Pass.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 7:17:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pleasing lemon+orange peel fragrance with an ultra rich oil base. So rich that I don't need to apply moisturizer after using this scrub. I find the sugar crystals a bit too large and sharp - feels more like a sea salt scrub in texture...and I lose a lot of product if I have the shower running at full blast. I don't love the product enough to splurge on it myself - I'd love it as a birthday gift though!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2005 6:06:00 AM More reviews by DanielaG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scrub so much that I can go through a jar in 2 weeks. It leaves the skin so soft that you can skip the moisturizer afterwards. It is expensive for a body scrub but I haven't managed to find a better one yet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2005 11:57:00 AM More reviews by expat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In my opinion, the only thing this scrub really has going for it is the nice smell. As for the actual performance of this product... well, quite honestly, it's no better or worse than a good drug store scrub. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2005 7:00:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fresh's 'brown sugar body polish' leaves me feeling ambivalent. There is no denying that it smells fantastic--the citrusy scent and its lasting power is unparalelled and completely indulgent--but its effectiveness worries me. The beads are so large that applying with a sponge is out of the question, but will it get the job done if applied with hands? If not, I'd rather blend brown sugar with lemon juice myself to savor the scent and save myself $65.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2005 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Sads

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG item for me! I love the smell, the feel, the effect, everything! Everytime I start to get those red bumps on my upper arms, I make sure to use this scrub, and they go away after 2-3 uses. Also leaves skin silky smooth, and smelling fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2005 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ofstier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This scrub made my skin VERY soft and supple after showering, and made me and the whole bathroom smell AMAZING. However, I wouldn't repurchase because it is WAY too expensive. I'm sure there are nice smelling scrubs out there that don't cost half as much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by alabasterhaze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have repurchased this scrub, but I never will again, as this was the cause of my developing horrid red bumps on my arms. I took this jar to the dermatologist, and her opinion was that the sugar crystals were way too large, which can cause irritation to skin. I don't have sensitive skin, but my skin cannot handle this stuff. If you're intent on a scrub of this kind, I would recommed making your own scrub using brown sugar (the pourable type), sweet almond oil and jojoba oil. This is a really basic one, ladies!

On Fresh's website, the company claims that this will not cause irritation if used after shaving, well I beg to differ. My non-sensitive skin turns tomato red. I much prefer Aqua Dessa's scrubs, which are the same amount of product (14 ounces) for half the price.

Also, this scrub doesn't contain any broad spectrum preservative against gram-positive or gram-negative bacterias,yeasts or molds, which in my opinion, every jar of scrub should have! Think about it, you're sticking your hands into a tub of product that is sitting in a "warm" environment (your tub or shower), just waiting to collect bacteria and the like. Yuck! continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No