October 23, 2014 | 1474 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow really worth the money!
i feel like it makes my makeup instantly stick more to my face!

only issue i have is the spray bottle is a bit difficult to spray, sometimes i miss or only get a part of my face :/ also if you spray too close i notice it dissolves my makeup a bit so make sure it MISTS your fae
also the smell is funky, but other than that it works great and totally worth the money!
especially since i have oily skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

Not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by grimaldi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This doesn't really make my makeup last much longer for the most part, but it did prevent my mascara from running or flaking or smudging after a sweaty day, and i carry it around in my purse to spritz on my face when i have an allergic reaction (which happens often, since i have very sensitive skin prone to random bouts of redness). For that purpose it is very soothing. For the price, the help with mascara running or flaking off, and the soothing effect, i will definitely be buying it again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

YOU GUYS DO NOT REALIZE WHAT A PHENOMENAL PRODUCT THIS IS. I have searched high and low for a setting spray without alcohol that ALSO has good skin benefits; it's hard enough to find any without alcohol but any that are really good for skin are in the 20-30 dollar range, this is just 3!!!! I don't find to particularly help my makeup last longer per se (maybe a bit, alcohol-based sprays, while terrible for skin, are just better at that due to the stronger film they form) but it definitely does "set" my foundation/concealer and take away that "makeup-ey" look... you know what I mean. Plus the ingredients really and truly are good for you! The two complaints I will make is that GOD-AWFUL spray nozzle, comes out in big droplets, be sure to hold a good distance from your face. I just put mine into an empty Urban Decay B6 bottle (finest mist I've ever seen) and it works. Also if you get it either transfer it to a better opaque bottle (like I did) or do the ghetto method of covering it in duct tape to protect the ingredients from light.
Highly recommend and will be repurchasing!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

Hate the sprits of the spray. And this does nothing for my face, I sorely believe its just water. LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Dunzo0712

Price was $3 at Target it works wonderfully. be sure to hold far enough away from your face though or you'll mess up your makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple of months ago after hearing/reading about how makeup setting sprays make your makeup stay on & look good longer. I can tell a little bit of a difference, but not anything substantial.
A few weeks ago, Nordstrom Rack had the mini size of Urban Decay's All Nighter, so I bought a bottle to see if it was better than ELF's.
For 4 days in a row, I did my makeup (I also tried it with two different foundations) & sprayed one side with ELF, the other side with UD. The UD spray goes on in a nice fine mist, & the ELF spray goes on much wetter & takes a few minutes to dry. But the end result was the same for both sides of my face. Neither product made my makeup last longer than the other, & neither product caused my makeup to oxidize.
The bottom line for me is that even though I like that UDs spray went on in a finer, drier mist, in the end, it didn't work any better than the $3 ELF spray. But ultimately, neither one made my makeup last so much longer that I feel the need to incorporate using a setting spray into my makeup routine.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this for some time and only used it a few times and then it was forgotten. Since then, I've had major problems with my skin being too oily (hormonal changes). Even using something like Revlon's Colorstay for Oily/Combo skin wouldn't keep the oil under control for very long.
For some reason, I thought about this spray again and out of desperation, applied it to my face right after my foundation. I let it dry and then applied a little powder and finished the rest of my makeup. The results have been amazing. It keeps the oil under control for a very long time. Even foundations that I had to give up because of my oily skin can now be used if I use the spray right after applying the foundation. And, subsequently, I haven't had as many breakouts. I am now in LOVE with it and plan on buying a few for backup. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this product at a winners a few months ago, not really one of my favourites because it feels sticky when i spray it on top of my makeup.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews I was worried about the "fish smell"

s soon as you open the bottle, the inside of the cap does indeed smell. I unscrewed the spray part of the bottle, and the product inside doesn't smell at all. Just wash off the cap and pump some water through the sprayer and you'll be fine.
I think this product helps, though I'm not really so sure, the difference isn't that noticeable to me. It definitely makes my powder settle quicker but I will not repurchase