September 16, 2014 | 1764 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple of months ago after hearing/reading about how makeup setting sprays make your makeup stay on & look good longer. I can tell a little bit of a difference, but not anything substantial.
A few weeks ago, Nordstrom Rack had the mini size of Urban Decay's All Nighter, so I bought a bottle to see if it was better than ELF's.
For 4 days in a row, I did my makeup (I also tried it with two different foundations) & sprayed one side with ELF, the other side with UD. The UD spray goes on in a nice fine mist, & the ELF spray goes on much wetter & takes a few minutes to dry. But the end result was the same for both sides of my face. Neither product made my makeup last longer than the other, & neither product caused my makeup to oxidize.
The bottom line for me is that even though I like that UDs spray went on in a finer, drier mist, in the end, it didn't work any better than the $3 ELF spray. But ultimately, neither one made my makeup last so much longer that I feel the need to incorporate using a setting spray into my makeup routine.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this for some time and only used it a few times and then it was forgotten. Since then, I've had major problems with my skin being too oily (hormonal changes). Even using something like Revlon's Colorstay for Oily/Combo skin wouldn't keep the oil under control for very long.
For some reason, I thought about this spray again and out of desperation, applied it to my face right after my foundation. I let it dry and then applied a little powder and finished the rest of my makeup. The results have been amazing. It keeps the oil under control for a very long time. Even foundations that I had to give up because of my oily skin can now be used if I use the spray right after applying the foundation. And, subsequently, I haven't had as many breakouts. I am now in LOVE with it and plan on buying a few for backup. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this product at a winners a few months ago, not really one of my favourites because it feels sticky when i spray it on top of my makeup.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews I was worried about the "fish smell"

s soon as you open the bottle, the inside of the cap does indeed smell. I unscrewed the spray part of the bottle, and the product inside doesn't smell at all. Just wash off the cap and pump some water through the sprayer and you'll be fine.
I think this product helps, though I'm not really so sure, the difference isn't that noticeable to me. It definitely makes my powder settle quicker but I will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lovemymakeup88

I love this product. I normally wear Mac studio fix foundation and use Mac mineralized skin finish to set it and after a hour of wear my face gets super shiny and anything that touches my face is always coated with my makeup(which is really embarrassing). So, I bought this spray and it's just like hairspray for my face. I can hug all over my husband now without losing half my makeup and ruining all his shirts :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by sw3etpinay

So, I have been using this for quite a while. I must say that this is amazing.
What I do is I apply my foundation, eye makeup, and setting powder. Next I spray this onto my face at least 4 times (it's about 3 feet away from my face) and then I fan out my dewy looking face with my fingers for a few minutes or so (if that made any sense).
This indeed sets my makeup for the entire day, and right when I get home I still look the same!
I also haven't noticed any signs of breaking out which is such a plus.
This is only 3 bucks at Target so you have nothing to lose [:.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Rheuai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first makeup setting spray that I've used, so I've not much to compare it to. However, I will say this is an amazing spray for the price!

PROS:
-super cheap
-makes my makeup last a SIGNIFICANTLY longer time
-lasts in humid, hot temperatures (I've worn this in 100F / 37C weather)

CONS:
-none I can think of!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by paopaor89

Bought this after watching a video on youtube on how much the guru loved it...
i hate this product... it does not prolong my make up if anything it makes it looks worse after i spray it.. my makeup would last longer when i don't use this..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

I bought this online (unfortunately, we dont have this brand in Canada :() and it my first makeup spray.

Pros:
-Refreshing sensation when sprayed. Its feels good in the morning and wakes me up :)
-Price
-The spray is convenient
-It has shimmers in it (not noticeable), so it provides a nice healthy glow :) **If you do NOT want shimmers, this is not the product for you
-Unlike some sprays, it does not smudge my eyeliner or mascara
-Does not uncurl my lashes! Which is a huge plus!

Cons:
-i do not find that it made my make up last very long, like a makeup spray should do

In conclusion, if you are looking for a spray that makes your makeup last longer, this may not be the right product. However, I like the way it makes my skin look glowy and healthy :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Mimielle

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrid product.
It stings my eyes.
It made my makeup bead up.

Yes, I closed my eyes to spray but when I opened them, they were burning. I very rarely have had any reaction to cosmetics or skincare. I'm not sensitive and I wear contact lenses so my eyes are fairly tolerant.

I did 1/2 my face with MAC Fix+, then the other half with this.
The ELF spray is very wet and spritzy, not finely atomized at all. Not pleasant to spray on my face.
Once my eyes stopped burning, I noticed that the ELF side had beaded up my makeup.
I also did not like the scent.
I have not had good luck at all with ELF products aside from the shadow shield and two brushes.
Everything gets 1 lippy because if it doesn't work, price and packaging do not matter after all.
This is the last test of their line I feel like doing.